/CFG/ Cali Fire General

-Fire currently on both sides of Napa
-31 dead
-Possible 60 mph gusts this weekend
-Smoke all going to San Fran area making air quality horrible.

Current fire map
google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ll=37.49771915506931,-118.22811412883755&hl=en&z=7&source=embed&ie=UTF8&mid=1TOEFA857tOVxtewW1DH6neG1Sm0
maps.nwcg.gov/sa/#/?/38.824/-121.9114/9
youtube.com/watch?v=GYWUU0P4A5o
youtu.be/ItcrGFBn39A
youtu.be/3wsegE01zUE

Satellite imagery of smoke
rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&sec=full_disk&x=5682.9375&y=3479.75&z=5&im=24&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=80&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&p[0]=16&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=20171012093036&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&s=rammb-slider

Other urls found in this thread:

deercreekgis.com/2017-fires/
youtu.be/yRxGSqovTdE?t=11m30s
v6.player.abacast.net/961
caltopo.com/map.html#ll=38.53742,-122.5527&z=11&b=map&a=modis_mp
api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/robinkraft/cj8nn4lvp7yoq2ro1klhjltw8.html?title=true&access_token=pk.eyJ1Ijoicm9iaW5rcmFmdCIsImEiOiJQLUp2RU9NIn0.B20c6fiHx0NCgfSOE3HYbw#13.71/38.4857/-122.727
airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&zipcode=94558&submit=Go
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calistoga_Spa_Hot_Springs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulphur_Bank_Mine
westliberty.edu/health-and-safety/files/2012/08/Sulfur.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The one in Anaheim Hills is contained, I think, or at least mostly contained. Can't say the same for NorCal.

Not a lot of stuff to burn down there I guess

I feel like norcal will get a lot worse if the wind changes direction and goes east.

>Fire currently on both sides of Napa
artist's rendition

Line up the fires with the volcanic fields that have been increasing in pressure. They are giving off sulfur gasses. Most of these are starting as sulfur fires. That's why the smoke is so nasty - it's toxic.

deercreekgis.com/2017-fires/

Do you have a map of those fields?

Only hop it picks up and reachs HIV+ Fran.

These guys (pic) have a good app. I also use USGS (though they dont have a lot international info). Best is to start zooming in on the real time earthquake maps- all the quakes we've been experiencing for the past two months have been in, or at the edge of, volcanoes. Learn the geology of the west - its facinating and you can see when things are fault related or magma related.

youtu.be/yRxGSqovTdE?t=11m30s
This guy does a very good analysis of the earthquakes currently happening on the west coast.

Dutch is awesome. Great at earthquake forecasting. I dont agree with all his energy theories, but he's damn good.

Alright I tried in photoshop. A few do match with earthquakes. Not the Napa one though

bump

Earthquakes are releasing pressure. When volcanoes do this it can be an earthquake, a release of gasses, or an eruption. If you zoom into Napa, you will see it is surrounded by ancient volcanoes and hot springs (proof positive of lava fields)

Thanks for doing that, btw. I would add, that those are over 2.5 - if you look at a tremor map, you will see hundreds (and patterns).

My map is 7 days, all magnitudes.
I agree it's a possible cause, but there are fault lines going everywhere through california and I feel like people would know about hotspots hot enough to catch fire. There are also many other possible causes.

>Satellite imagery of smoke
What the fuck am I looking at here? Looks like lights at nighttime.

Map of current fires
Here is what the smoke looks like from space

This is not traditional hotspot activity. Basically, all our west coast volcanoes are swelling from pressure. This has been happening over time (e.g. mammoth mountain tree die out in the past 3 years) as well as recently (because of solar storm charging).

Southern Cali actually feeling comfy for once
as an actual Irish American

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

dumping better info

>KSRO radio Sonoma press conference live right now
v6.player.abacast.net/961

>Fire Map updated every 12 hours or so
caltopo.com/map.html#ll=38.53742,-122.5527&z=11&b=map&a=modis_mp

>Santa Rosa fire damage map
api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/robinkraft/cj8nn4lvp7yoq2ro1klhjltw8.html?title=true&access_token=pk.eyJ1Ijoicm9iaW5rcmFmdCIsImEiOiJQLUp2RU9NIn0.B20c6fiHx0NCgfSOE3HYbw#13.71/38.4857/-122.727

>Air Quality Map
airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&zipcode=94558&submit=Go

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

Liberal vine loving fags BTFO.

Because if your a man you drink beer.

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

I LOVE YOU FIRE-CHAN

>Because if your a man you drink beer.
North Bay is craft brew capital of the world.

Craft beer is degenerate hipster piss.

If you're a man you drink whatever you want. Order a cosmo, who gives a fuck.

I said man not a gay man.

San Francisco here, can confirm its been like sitting in front of a campfire for 5 days straight. All cars covered in ash.

>smells pee poo vomit and aids all year round
>complains about smoke

take pics

I'm at the beach - its getting worse. Saw the smoke forecast - you might want to get out of there, this weekend is going to be toxic.

Only downtown, the soma and mission districts smell like that

Wake the fuck up, these fires are being set intentionally!

As long as i keep my doors/windows shut i don't smell it

Pics of what? The sky or something?

I can't wait to see all those google and FB employees faces when their houses are in ashes

Most of them live south of the city(to ven they can't afford to live in sf), at thats further from the fires

goddammit

followed up by who and why?

I have relatives that live in Calistoga. Tell me straight somebody, is Calistoga fire gonna burn towards the east? If it does my relatives will loose everything. Say it ain't so.

I was just looking at the forecast - San Fran is reaching dangerously unhealthy levels this weekend. Stay safe user.

Petaluma here. Smoke is worst it has been all week. Before you could just kinda smell it. You can feel it in your lungs now.

>tfw Sacramento

THESE FIRES ARE BEING SET SO THAT NO ONE CAN ESCAPE WHEN "IT" HAPPENS

Fuck this smoke. Burns my throat

>larping this hard

Sauce or your just vomiting words to sound smart

Suck dick moar SanFranFaggot. Your throat will be fine in no time.

Dutch is a fucking hack. He doesn't predict shit. If he does have any information about anything, he's stolen it from someone else. Open your eyes and move in from this pathetic waste of oxygen

It smells nothing like sulfer.

Those are hot springs. There are no volcanos in the northbay.

The smoke is super unhealthy, because it's not just woodland fires. It's whole housing developments. A fucking Kmart burned down.

I live about 40 min away from San Fran. Still a lot of smoke here.

>Kmart burned down
...and nothing of value was lost

This is a very interesting geological theory.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calistoga_Spa_Hot_Springs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulphur_Bank_Mine

Yeah, but that was days ago. No idea what's burning now. Tires?

>Mt Diablo

Really

>be California
>live next to ocean
>die of thirst while on fire
Just.

It's right next to Mt Zion, about 40 miles or so south of Yolo County.

What about it?

It's not. Grass and trees and buildings are burning. Not dirt or sulphur springs

>Yeah, but that was days ago. No idea what's burning now. Tires?

hollywood careers

Probably a conspiracy by Sears to liquidate without having to claim it on the bankruptcy filings

Lel

All the vineyards are burning up. Free wine!

I said I wouldn't "announce" myself again, so I'll just go user and ask that y'all actually look at the maps and realize WHAT EXACTLY has been burning for days...

Give up?!

Bohemian Grove. Pay attention Sup Forums.

jewish lightning,maybe the wine harvest wasnt as good idk

kek my mom and I both had the same thought watching the news for the first time about the situation,every time you have multiple fires in diff location is probably an arsonist

with the weinstein shit going on they're trying to cover up all the pedo shit that goes on there?

Not him. Not in SF but in Bay Area.
>tfw car is covered with the ashes of the dead

Burning evidence, probably. Maybe lots of small skeletons buried or scattered.

I live in a town on the base of that mountain. 97% white. Zero crime. Hills and mountains everywhere. Wildlife all around. Shits lovely

Read the rest of the posts in this thread.
Thank you. And thank you for the sulfur mine link. I'm trying to get people to talk about this- we are facing more movement and volcanic activity in the moths to come. Look at the ancient volcano systems in Cali, look at what's been happening for years in Mammoth (btw, that one likes to spew CO2).
The earth is a system. Scientist just came out two weeks ago and said that pressure transfers (even tho some of us have been saying it for 10 years). They just figured out last year that we are 60 years overdue for a big earthquake in Pac Nor west, and that super volcanoes only take decades of movement instead of centuries to explode.
Basically, this is what we are seeing, as we are facing a grand solar minimum (last one, early 1800s - coinciding with volcanic activity and "the year without summer").
Learn geology and escape routes - it could save your life.

Now if only we could get the "it's a firebug conspiracy with high winds.. happens every year" crowd to actually work on this issue, we might be able to warn people when things like this happen.

There are some fires a few miles north of Calistoga, and high winds blowing south for the next 24 hours or so. So far the town is okay but the wind situation makes it unpredictable. The fire crews might have had time to burn in some fire breaks and drop fire retardant. It's hard to find good info in the current status of any fire. Best of luck.

are you implying that these fires are being started by "volcanic" heat?

The harvest was mostly done before the fire.
I thought it felt boring when I visited, but that was a long time ago.

Sulfur fumes. Read the thread.

Flammable sulfurs fumes? Fuck, of all the stupid shit you say, Dutch, this is the most retarded
>Burning sulfur will flow and emits large quantities of sulfur dioxide (SO2), a toxic, irritating, and suffocating gas that can cause severe lung damage and death. Molten sulfur may evolve hydrogen sulfide (H2S) - H2S is a flammable gas and may present an explosion hazard in a confined space.

westliberty.edu/health-and-safety/files/2012/08/Sulfur.pdf

This fire looks bigger than this morning from the satellite pics.

Thats not how sulphuric gases work user.

Walnut creek is overpopulated with bros and if its Danville then you are a useless neet living in his parents' basement. All those homes are a mil +

I’m in Utah and the sky looks hazy. Is it the smoke from Cali?

In San Jose. Air quality seems rather moderate.

Inb4 north bay and east bay get cancer. All those Berkeley students will get lung cancer in a year or so.

Neither. I work all along the 680 corridor (tradesman) and cater to those people. They're not that bad honestly. Blackhawk is different, a lot of rich trophy wives that play tennis in the morning and go to a blow out bar after and sit around drinking wine.
It is incredibly boring, but it's home. I can jump over my fence and be in open space which is nice. Everyone minds their business

Drive home from work yesterday, it hurts to breathe

did skywalker ranch burn? thought he built in that area

That's in Novato/Marin, probably just smokey

When the Oregon fires burned it changed the color of the sunset in my home state of PA

I kind of don't really know how that many people can die from this unless they are retarded i'm sure they were notified to get the fuck out right?

>i'm sure they were notified to get the fuck out right?
Nope it spread too fast, this is the tragedy. Still 400 missing Sonoma alone.

Look up the victims. They are all over 70, with the exception of some girl in a wheelchair and a child.

Bump

Underrated

Can usually see these hills behind SJC clearly

you're a fucking idiot. bohemian grove is on the west side of the county, no where near the fires.