Muh anti insert main character

OP could insert him perfectly tho

shit anime

wtf

half of the people are calling him a self-insert

but the other half says he's not

who do I believe?

this
it seemed like it had the potential to be decent in the first episode but then it threw all that out the window and became a generic isekai with a terrible MC

He's not Kiritoing through everything.

I will say everyone except the autist MC is the blandest waifu bait in a long time. I miss Elsa though.

>anti self insert
>loser wins heart of a number of beautiful, powerful people
Sure.

>acoustic self insert

I don't get it. Wouldn't an autistic neet be a better self-insert character than a gary stu?

Elsa is a goddess, 10/10 would give her my bowels

The people on here are just as bad as MAL nothing is perfect and everything is pure shit. God forbid an anime that is 100% amazing and has no flaws and everything works out. Lower your standards you mongs

Sup Forums being elitist is a good thing though. It helps to keep the newfags down and the casuals out.

It doesn't make sense because 'self-insert' and 'gary stu' are fanfiction terms.

When the show had a huge popularity spike all of a sudden negative bait threads started appearing

Really makes you think, huh?

Considering the state of the threads, it hasn't been doing a good job.

>God forbid an anime that is 100% amazing and has no flaws
>image.png
As expected

but user you don't understand, he's supposed to be so unlikable you won't watch the show any more
he's retarded on purpose

I hate how this show keeps making fun of generic isekai trash at times, but also plays it completely straight the next moment. It's like the owner of McDonalds making fun of Burger King for making burgers and fries.

It isn't the characters that are interesting in this show, but rather the indifference the world seems to have to our protagonist. He tries very hard and has convinced himself he's a hero, but does not understand what that means and falls flat on his fucking face because that's what life is like. The harem and waifu shit is still plenty cliche, but I like to see a typical self insert character actually realize what a boring loser he really is and actually grow as a person.

Ok someone clear this up for me. I can take weak MC's if the world rules take a realistic view. In Steins;Gate while Okabe was weak as fuck and suffered, I could accept it and suffer along with him because it was truly a hopeless situation. Is re:zero like that? I haven't given it a shot because it sounds and looks like one of those edgy as hell anime with waifus, yanderes, over the top violence because why the hell not and an mc that whines and complains when there's no need to do so.

>Is re:zero like that?
it's a couple steps below anything like Steins;Gate, NHK or Kaiji
it's not very good

Things are legit bad but the MC makes things even worse because he is quite honestly awful at rational thought.

>state of the threads

Good lord are Japanese cartoon fags really this autistic? Go back to your plebbit safe space

Case in point.

>>Awful at rational thought
The bane of my existence. I can only suffer when the story itself takes all the options I make up to fix a situation and throws them through the window. Otherwise it's just a formula for pure rage and frustration.

Get in the fantasy world, Shinji.

Imagine if Shinji had nothing to do with EVAs, but had a respawn ability an really wanted to protect Asuka. So every cycle he runs away from shelter, charges towards angel and starts headbutting its shin, yelling "Look at me, I'm helping, why dont you love me?". Thats our hero.

>Muh anti insert main character
Sounds great!

>Same VA
>Similar headache inducing logic
>Similar shit taste in girls

Probably the only reason I bothered to watch it; because masochism.

>Protect Asuka
Excuse me!

No one cares about toilet-chan.

Besides Shinji is so warped sexually I don't think he'll fuck anyone.

Things are less frustrating when he's doing dumb decisions and dying horribly. Those are actually the good parts. The most frustrating moments in this anime are the slow parts where he interacts with his waifu and spergs out with dialogue that makes the shittiest LN writer want to kill himself. I don't think it's a hyperbole when I say that maybe half of his dialogue with her is him shouting, striking a pose or talking with a funny voice, saying things like I love you, you're so cute, you're a beauty/goddess/angel etc.

He almost makes Shinji seem normal.

>sexiest girl in the series
>never seen again after 3 episodes

She comes back in Arc 4, her backstory is much tragic and sad

>best girl confesses to you
>I still like other girl who hasn't died for me multiple times

how did I even make it 18 episodes

Everyone needs some Elsa in there life

I'm very glad I caught up before ep 18.

>2-3 years for a season 2

Why

The Sanctuary sucks though. Not even Elsa can make Arc 4 good.

Emilia has never killed him.

Shinji as MC would save this show.

>he unironically believes Imageboards are a place for discussion

FUCK. OFF. REDDIT.

why would witch spawn suspect someone who was marked by the witch

something about this guy's face just makes him look like the biggest fucking faggot ever.

it's like they took that shitty elf kirito everyone hated and said "how do we make this design even MORE annoying?"

He's bizarro Kirito. Instead of being a god mod everyone worships he's a retard that only one dumb maid wants to suck off and said retard has no interest in her.

it's the writer, not the MC that has to be changed

Remfags wanted to self-insert using him but now they are having a crisis because he doesn't love their waifu.

Subaru is truly a hero to us all.

>anime MC doesn't love a girl that lusts for his dick
What a novel concept.

was he ever?
who could possibly relate to him? His character isn't even consistent.

Here. Make your own decision. I am going to ask you some yes or no questions, and I want you to answer honestly.

Would you make Rem your waifu?
Knowing that there is little to no chance that this will ever happen, do you wish that Subaru would choose Rem over Emilia?
Did you think this last episode was good?
Are any of the other girls in this show, aside from Rem, your waifu?

If you answered NO to ANY of these questions, then you do NOT self insert as Subaru.

In the end, whether or not Subaru can really be self inserted into all depends on whether or not you choose to self insert as him. Subaru was written to look incredibly pathetic, so now we're left with people who self insert as him without even realizing it.

No, because actual autistic neets don't want to be reminded of their own patheticness. They want to pretend they are the alpha badass who pretty girls like for no good reason.

Like people can related to Tomoko from Watamote, but they don't fantasize about being her.

I think you're supposed to hate his face.

>electronic anti-self insert

People need to realise who the true best girl is

Satella.

all these people who say they like Rem bet half you guys liked Emilia before you traitors

You truly know the psyche of every neet in the world.

I haven't chosen either of them. I really like Rem, but I don't like her enough to think that the last episode was actually good.

I'm hoping that whenever I get to know Satella, I start to like her more than any of these waifu bait characters.

You guys expecting him to be this top level headed guy while having a ridiculous amount of intelligence is absurd. Also do you all forget he's literally mentally broken and is in now stable or psychologically okay