This is allowed

>this is allowed

Why?

THIS IS GROUND CONTROL TO PSYCHOELECTRIC GIRL

YOU REALLY MADE THE GRADE

AND THE PAPERS WANT TO KNOW WHOSE SHIRTS YOU WEAR

There is a western show called "WORKING" which is why that one got changed. I have no excuse for the others.

I don't see a problem

Not as bad as
>Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date!

>>Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date!

I unironically like this

>Demon Lord Daimao

Companies pay quite a bit of money per episode to license and dub those, so they have to pick a name that can appeal to the wider, casual market. What the fuck are they supposed to do, put romaji titles? That makes no sense from a marketing perspective. And before you get pissed about American companies fucking with the names, most if not all english titles are approved by the anime producers. Sometimes they even come up with them (the ones that sound particularly retarded)

Say what you will about Cat Planet Cuties' title but there was some real effort put in its localization, because it's fucking laden with pop culture references and cultural references beyond normal anime norms because its set Okinawa (and likes showing it off too). The dub was also not so shit tier, they even sing at one point.

Cat Planet Cuties was what people liked to bitch about the anime dubbing and localization business before they really had something to complain about like now. Of all the shows like it it might be one of the best dubs since people can't dub anything that isn't manime for shit now.

What's the problem with Heaven's Lost Property?

>Oreimo
Literally an abbreviation.
>Heaven's Lost Property
Nothing wrong with this either.

> so they have to pick a name that can appeal to the wider, casual market
Sell goods to a niche market by trying to appeal to a broader market? Okay then, I'm sure these stupid title changes really upped the sales.

>What the fuck are they supposed to do, put romaji titles?
Stop being retarded, there's obviously a middle ground that doesn't involve making shit up or unnecessary changes. Again, Working, an English title, in Japan, is changed to Wagnaria, a nonsense title, in English. Makes fucking sense, really broadens the show's appeal I'm sure.

>That makes no sense from a marketing perspective
What marketing?

>most if not all english titles are approved by the anime producers.
"Approved" is a strong word, it implies an active understanding, assessment, and positive confirmation, none of which is what they do. They wave their hands at the stupid crap the Americans are doing and say "yeah, sure, whatever". They simply do not care.

Stop sucking western market dick thinking you're informed because you read ANN articles written by people with a conflict of interest with the things they're promoting. Maybe you should just go back there, you plebeian apologist dubfag scum.

I still laugh at how they blatantly hid Oreimo being an incest anime by using the abbreviation.

Holy shit the autism is strong with this one. Do you know the circumstances behind working? seems like a pretty good explanation.

>What marketing?
Every business has marketing. Funimation/Sentai/whoever are not tiny companies and have a lot of competition among each other.

>"Approved" is a strong word, it implies an active understanding, assessment, and positive confirmation, none of which is what they do. They wave their hands at the stupid crap the Americans are doing and say "yeah, sure, whatever". They simply do not care.
You really must be the expert on the anime industry, huh? Because if you knew anything about Japanese work culture, you would know that it is very top down with a high emphasis on important decisions being fed up the chain of command. They care very much about the international product they put out, and contrary to memes, actually make quite a bit of money. Especially with stream revenue growing over the past 5 years. But you are too entrenched in your widely said but rarely supported Sup Forums platitudes to care about any of that.

For the record I hate dubs and torrent everything I watch.

>MY TEEN ROMANTIC COMEDY SNAFU

The worst part about this title? The english-release of the novels stuck with My Youthful Romantic Comedy is Wrong, As I Expected.

So changing the name for the anime was literally pointless and they regret it.

What's wrong about dubs? Here's some nice dubs for you. \/\/

Seems like a snafu to me.

If we're gonna go there, post 'em if you've got 'em

Did they leave Oreimo untranslated on purpose so normies wouldn't catch on the incest?

>The Irregular at Magic High School
If this is somehow what the actual Jap name translates to, then excuse me. But this sounds so stupid.

All these are so bad it's good but nothing can beat glitter force
I don't even watch this but seeing this make me cringe hard
I pitty the old fans

It's a poor translation, it leaves out half of the information.
The underachiever at the magic science high school

Holy shit, the english wikipedia article even calls it Glitter Force instead of Precure, that is fucking sad.

Erio's a space oddity

>people who dont even buy dubbed anime complain about companies that try to market products to people who arent them

>My Bride is a Mermaid

Because idiots still give money to funimation.
>tfw people actually pay for streams so bad they aren't worth pirating the stream rips

>People actually buy this shit and shill it