Yellowstone is about to erupt!

foxnews.com/science/2017/10/12/yellowstone-supervolcano-could-blow-faster-than-thought-destroy-all-mankind.html

Other urls found in this thread:

infowars.com/yellowstone-supervolcanos-nasty-surprise/
youtube.com/watch?v=BubiZAIWHgU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gX63e13VOu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As long as your dead im fine with it

WTF?

Really makes u think

It clickbaitening

>100 years from now
>about to erupt

>Destroy all mankind
70,000 B.C., a volcano called Toba, on Sumatra, in Indonesia went off, blowing roughly 650 miles of vaporized rock into the air. It is the largest volcanic eruption we know of, dwarfing everything else
That eruption dropped roughly six centimeters of ash — the layer can still be seen on land — over all of South Asia, the Indian Ocean, the Arabian and South China Sea. According to the Volcanic Explosivity Index, the Toba eruption scored an "8", which translates to "mega-colossal"
Then — and this is more a conjectural, based on arguable evidence — an already cool Earth got colder. The world was having an ice age 70,000 years ago, and all that dust hanging in the atmosphere may have bounced warming sunshine back into space. Sam Kean writes "There's in fact evidence that the average temperature dropped 20-plus degrees in some spots," after which the great grassy plains of Africa may have shrunk way back, keeping the small bands of humans small and hungry for hundreds, if not thousands of more years.

We survived this shit 70,000 years ago you faggot

Should I go into work on Monday?

Fuck that the whole western us would be fucked.

That's a happening I don't want

It's not happening. It's never happening

ITSZ HAPPHENNNINGZ

infowars.com/yellowstone-supervolcanos-nasty-surprise/

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Imagine a world without the USA

Paradise

No time, stock up on MREs, if you head to the army surplus store right now you can beat the crowds

Clickbait panty throb.

>yellowstone
Fucking racist scums not referring to Asianstone as Asianstone

Good we need a real problem the West is dying of its own success

If that thing goes off, we will all be niggers for a while. There's a limit. We've got to expand our dependencies away from just this world.

Yeah can’t wait to live for thousands of years in small tribal subsistence farming communities

how come they don't just stick a tube down there and suck out all the lavas or like pour sand inside until it's no longer dungerous

>destroy-all-mankind

Nope, just the U.S so wont give a shit.

The whole world would be fucked

Temperatures would plummet most plant and animal species would die and crops would fail

Millions would starve and society would collapse as people fight for food and clean water

All higher level civilization all issues would cease as we fall back to making sure we have food to eat and enough wood to make it through winter

It would take centuries for the climate to recover and thousands of years for plants and animals to fully recover

Move to a country like new zealand

Al Gore is the Nostradamus of our times. Kek.

OBLIGATORY THREAD THEME FOR YELLOWSTONE ERUPTION

>youtube.com/watch?v=BubiZAIWHgU
youtube.com/watch?v=BubiZAIWHgU
>youtube.com/watch?v=BubiZAIWHgU

The article actually says that there would only be decades of warning if Yellowstone was going to erupt instead of the predicted centuries.

And we're going to be venting the various supervolcanos with geothermal plants in the next 50 or so years to prevent eruptions anyway.

couldnt agree more

CNN/MSNBC is also reporting it. This is what happen when you allow climate change to happen unchecked. You drumpfkins just killed everyone in the world, I hope you are proud of yourselves.

This just means that we will burrow into the earth and live as mole men. Vast cities will span massive cave systems and multiple networks of tunnels will connect said cities to one another. We will harness geothermal energy to power our underground metropolises until the time comes that the blue sky returns.

yeah that's the sad truth, but it's..fun to hype..right?

You're

"Faster" isn't the same as "sooner".

Hurry the fuck up.

>foxnews

>being this much of a dumbass
See

>foxnews

lol typical fear mongering fake news, I'll wait until a trust worthy site like CNN or BBC reports on this before I start worrying.

people have been saying this shit since january and it never happens.

pls just ignore the fucking leaf, dont give him your (yous)

>that sensationalist title
"killing millions" is not synonymous to "destroy all mankind"

>2 dykes from Arizona studied mineral compositions and came to this conclusion.

smae

>fox news
yeah, i'm not clicking that shit

fake news

Africans knew how to survive 70k years ago, Generation Z does not.

"Abouth to erupt" in geological terms could mean like 5 million years from now.

>IT'S ERUPTING
>ANY TIME NOW
>I SWEAR IT'S RIGHT NOW
>DON'T BLINK YOU'RE GOING TO MISS IT
>OH IT'S COMING
>I CAN FEEL IT
>ANY TIME SOON

there is only 8 million people on earth you macaroon.

Sounds great

>live for thousands of years
lol
You'll live for 10-20 years if you're lucky.

Many will die. But enough will survive.

>there is only 8 million people on earth you macaroon.
no, no, 8 trillion.

8 billion

>The female orgasm.

guess you won't be running to mexico to escape.

stop getting my hopes up

t. coloradoan

you can always stop the shill hiding behind the nazi flag because they can't resist puking about fox news or the bible.

just sayin

Oh knock it off. Have you never heard the story of the little boy who cried wolf?

Geologist here. It's literally nothing. Right wingers don't understand or believe in science. It would be in your best interest not to listen to them in fields that they are incapable of entering due to having inadequate reasoning ability.

BULLSHIT

>why can't we punch a hole in a pressurised magma chamber
>surely nothing will go wrong

What NASA plans on doing is replacing the hot water in the hot springs with cold water, hoping it cools the magma down to delay the eruption

>infowars
Not even clicking it. Anyone who visits that place should be exiled to Syria.

No one knows what happened 70000 years ago faggot.

>Syria
thats where BASED SAND MAN lives xDDDDD
didn't you know? Sup Forums loves sandniggers now

Whatever spoiled rich kid nigger.

are you dumb or an idiot or something wtf is wrong with your brain go jump off a cliff stupid moron

He is probably 15. Cool your jets, hot shot.

Have you even praised the volcanic goddess today?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gX63e13VOu8

>could-blow-faster

lewd

i guess you could say the whole situation....sucks