Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kitsunekko.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=Tx_cDSi_A1g
youtube.com/watch?v=JA0qJu13nMM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8s_9aVdnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

今日も一日死にたいぞい!

If I put my new cards at 0 right now, how many days would it take for my reviews to start dropping? I've been at this for almost a year now but the number of reviews is getting kind of overwhelming.

Do you use Tae Kim's "complete guide to japanese" or "japanese grammar guide"?

I'm not really far in my japanese studies and don't understand most of these kanji, but I'm trying to figure out the daily goals of a game I'm playing. Is "Let's score 4 stars or higher 3 times" an accurate translation of 評価星4以上を3回取ろう!?

Like a week probably maybe less

Where can I find Japanese subtitles for anime?

From what I've read here the "complete guide" is incomplete

kitsunekko.net/

Don't expect much in terms of choice on there though, there's a serious lack of jap subs in general

Most TV stations broadcast anime with subtitles.
Look at the 字幕放送 symbol in the top right corner, and then turn on the subtitles with your TV remote.

Will I ever get this meme? Is there anything to even get?

Thanks!

How do I get an invite to AvistaZ? I don't currently watch any live-action material but I wanted to try some out and I had this site recommended to me but applications are closed.

[email protected] in case anyone is feeling generous, doubt it but worth a try

Looks like someone can't がんばるぞい

No need to rub it in.

So the japanese one is more complete?

>お男

i don't know what i did but when i press A i get ち and etc. How do i make it go back to normal where i can type dekinai and not get しいのにみちに.

>Doing core deck with pictures
>Pictures don't help with jack shit while being distracting and are always cringe worthy

there a way to remove these or turn them all off?

>a kanji that you have no idea what it is appears

Pictures are completely useless indeed, I don't use them as well. You can remove the images by entering the deck settings and removing the {image} code I guess

Right click language button in tray
Settings
Click Microsoft IME under Jap
Properties
Change the ローマ字入/かな入力 box at the top from かな to ローマ
Okay

That is assuming you're using microsoft, happens to me all the time, I still have no idea what the key command that changes it is though

今日もこの糞面白くない言語を勉強しようぜ!毎日ぜーんぜん興味がないけどな!ほほほ!日本語最高だぜ!

くそ食らえ!

>Remember that you know radicals and casually enter them in Jisho to find said kanji in 5 seconds

>mfw あっそ is pronounced and used exactly the same way in my native language
>mfw instead of ういっす or ちーす as greeting we say セッス
sometimes languages are fun

Well I don't teehee

Sucks 四 you

Today I did Anki for 36 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 2 hours and 35 minutes.

Should've read Anki for 3 hours and 11 minutes

す、すごい!

作り笑いWWWWそうかな?

That looks like the kind of expression a shota would make while being SS'd

I understand that common groups of radicals are treated as a radical in their own right, but how often do ones like this come up, really? Is it time for me to stop new cards from the radical deck now?

I heard a guy speaking Japanese and found out it was a construction worker. I was too shy to speak but I had a rough understanding of what he was saying.

I'm making progress!

If you're seeing that in your radical deck then you've only got like 10 radicals left to do anyway

Should have told him to がんばるぞい

>Wanna watch new game ep 4
>Can't be fucked to spend an hour watching one 20 minute episode

Life is hard

>spend an hour watching one 20 minute episode
Seriously, don't try to understand every single little detail. Watch 3 episodes in that time instead and leave the details to reading.

But the only way to get better is to keep doing it. Eventually you'll be able to watch that 20 minute episode in 10 minutes.

I guess but I don't want to feel like I'm missing shit, even if it's just little details

wording this tbqh
we combine our japanese powers with Sup Forums's 2x speed policy and become perfect humans

rewatch it in a year when you're better and you've only wasted 40 minutes total

So instead of basking in the radiance of cute girls, you let your OCDtism get the better of you. Go be a loser off a high cliff.

>you'll be able to watch that 20 minute episode in 10 minutes.
I do this with dragonball because the dialogue is so fucking slow and nothing ever happens

How am I supposed to appreciate the cute girls if I can't understand every last syllable that comes out of their cute little mouths

>feel like I did pretty good with my reps
>check statistics
>60% retention
I promise myself that one day I'm just going to stop checking, but I end up doing it ever single time.

You should just stop checking brah, I stopped a couple weeks back and I feel much better about it all now, even though I'm still aware that I fail my reps constantly, as long as I don't see the stats it doesn't hurt nearly as bad

言ったらなんですけど

What does this mean?

The meaning depends on the context it was used in

probably "What if I/you/he said that?" or something

The girl says
それにしても、言ったらなんですけど、けっこうヒマっすよね

Then the guy replies
言ったらなんなことは、なるべく言わないことおすすめしたい

please respond

>tfw I could understand this
I'm happy

use the grammar guide

Just read the grammar guide

If you need this much spoonfeeding, just give up now.

It's like one word

とっととでていけ

This is the best feeling ever.
I listened to Jrock since back in 1999 and once now when listening to those old songs I suddenly understand the sentences.

? but I'm. Why do you think I'm not?
That wasn't my question, though.

What a happy coincidence.

Just buy wanikani its only like $10 a month and will get you to middle intermediate faster than you can say すごい!

言うのはアレだけど
not really

お姉ちゃん止めてください

wow this thread is dead

I'm studying Mandarin and only doing audio flashcards in Anki. Is there a way to automatically go through my flashcards?

look for some keyboard macro program and set it to press space every 5 seconds or so

俺は夏休みの途中でdjtに書く

童貞まだ大丈夫みんな

youtube.com/watch?v=Tx_cDSi_A1g

>すらっと
>literally "slut" means slender and slim body shape
can't make this up

>yfw you could've learned 3-4 easier languages like Spanish, French, German etc. in the time it took you to learn Japanese

>implying anyone learned japanese

おはようおにいちゃん

girlがおとこことばをつかってるよね

おんなことばでは
>手持無沙汰だわ

くらいかな

And wouldn't have had nearly as much fun doing so

And then I'd forget them again because I have no use for them

>あなたに例を示しましょう。
>Let me give you an example.
Is 例 in this sentence pronounced れい or ためし?

rei

Ever since I started learning Japanese other languages seem so god damn trivial. I was watching my Grandma try to learn German through Duolingo and it's so fucking easy dude.

Those languages don't have visual novels with cute girls and pretty art.

ayanami

German is not as easy as you'd think. You'd need to know at least 20 dialects if you want to watch something.
But the language is very soothing.

>not even a decent manga(comic) in yourope language
>more so a galge

essen mein scheiße has a very soothing ring to it

WIR MUSSEN DIE JUDEN AUSROTTEN

>believing in stereotypes
youtube.com/watch?v=JA0qJu13nMM

>She doesn't get gangraped by muslims

Disappointed

honestly it just sounds like shes farting from the mouth

is this the shit white people who would want to learn japanese think about

daily reminder that if you can't read this, you can't even read hiragana

Why isn't this censored? I thought this was Japan.

こなはふるったほうがよくない?

全卵じゃなくて、黄身とメレンゲは別に混ぜた方がよくない?

あとたべたい。おなかすいた

All I see is ヨヨヨヨ and that's just peaking my interests

But I already know German.

Don't have to think about it I can just go to Germany and watch it happen

Oh yeah, recap what they're talking about and prove it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8s_9aVdnQ

pubes ooi neechan

why? he doesnt need cred w. you one way or the other

I just want him to watch something he can't understand because there are no textbooks for dialect

Even Dutch is closer to German than whatever they are speaking.

There's nothing wrong with not understanding certain dialects though. If people speak with a strong dialect of my own language I often can't even understand them fully.

Being able to understand every retarded dialect is not a prerequisite for 'knowing' a language.