CATHOLIC GENERAL

CATHOLIC GENERAL

100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE MIRACLE OF THE SUN EDITION

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Today is the Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/101317.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
youtube.com/watch?v=xcwCK8pFZ0M
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A
youtube.com/watch?v=JbhIHF3SHm0
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
youtube.com/watch?v=UuhYZrn4flo
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
youtube.com/watch?v=dymL1-ckMwg
youtube.com/watch?v=orZo6JesM_E
youtube.com/watch?v=FbGwaO0ZVzM
youtube.com/watch?v=vJCl6ylgwCU
youtube.com/watch?v=WFor50sjEaw
youtube.com/watch?v=DlIG5gNa-Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=e-jOgH0PP2I
youtube.com/watch?v=MROPDOKkKd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=bb9ro4IQqi8
lifenews.com/2017/10/13/president-donald-trump-defends-defunding-intl-planned-parenthood-i-did-it-to-protect-the-unborn/
c-span.org/video/?435728-1/president-trump-addresses-values-voter-summit
youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0RbM1N12I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>can't bump my own thread

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God

Wolfshiem I saw your reading list on /lit/ been working through it alongside other readings. Dank, thank you.

Who else here going for the /permanentdeaconate/? My fiance is fully supportive

bump

>being a deacon
>even women can be deacons

Pathetic

>Today is the Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Well crap, screwed that up.

Awesome stuff, man. What have you gotten to already?

>permanent deaconate

It sounds like a good way to get a part of the priestly life while maintaining a family. I don't know what all comes with the job but more power to you. I'm still between plans for the future but one of the options is seminary.

Why don't you convert to Protestantism, Wolfshiem?

Because it is incorrect and ultimately heretical.

But Roman Catholicism teaches a false, unbiblical gospel, which is not another. The bible teaches that the sinner is justified by faith alone.

Can you post the reading list here? Don't go on /lit/ my dude

Have you said your rosary yet today, Sup Forums??

The Church compiled the Bible before protestants even existed and was never meant to be taken out of the context of the Church, my dude.

I can't answer for him, but I can never convert to Protestantism because of they either downplay or outright deny the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

That is an absolute deal breaker, and I imagine most Catholics feel the same.
Christ in teh Eucharist is the source and summit of Christian life and has always been since the days of the Apostles.

Protestant services without the ancient liturgy of the Eucharist makes the service feel dead in comparison.

How do I go about going to church again? I don't think I should just show up for Mass one day or am I wrong? I was thinking of going by one day to speak to the father. I'm kind of at a loss, I haven't been to church in about ten years

My fiancée is also supportive of me becoming a deacon after marriage. We'll see how that winds up.

I've always thought W. would make an excellent priest or monk. Have you ever thought of joining a particular order?

In no case is "faith alone" used in relation to justification but in one instance, in which faith alone is rejected. What you find promoted in the scriptures is salvation through faith, perfected by works. Through work our faith is perfected and through faith we accept grace. Thus justification requires faith and works.

There is no escaping how God works in us to both desire and work towards righteousness.

As for "unbiblical", the canon of the Bible is declared via church authority so to prop up the scriptures and yet deny church authority is not epistemologically sound and obviously heretical. There is no reason why the faith as a whole would be contained by the Biblical texts and all evidence points to the contrary.

>But Roman Catholicism teaches a false, unbiblical gospel, which is not another

Explain. Which parts? Are you referring to Maccabees or something?

>The bible teaches that the sinner is justified by faith alone.

No it doesn't. It teaches that faith does works and can't help but do works. What those works consist of is debatable, and I think the strictly catholic version of penance by autistically repeating prayers is kinda stupid, but your faith is still dead without works.

ITS TIME

>GENERAL

The Bible (Ignatius Study Bible Recommended)
The catechism of your denomination

>accepted English versions of Bible

NABRE
Douay Rheims
RSV

>THEOLOGY

>novice

Introduction to Christianity by Joseph Ratzinger
The Last Superstition by Edward Feser
The Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton
Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
Mere Christianity
CATHOLICISM by Robert Barron
The Orthodox Way by Kallistos Ware
Outlines of Moral Theology by Francis J. Connell

>intermediate

Scholastic Metaphysics by Edward Feser
God: His Existence and His Nature by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange
Natural Theology by Bernard Boedder
The Spirit of Medieval Philosophy by Etienne Gilson
Against Heresies
City of God
Christianity for Modern Pagans
The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church

>advanced

Apologia Pro Vita Sua
Summa Contra Gentiles
Summa Theologiae
On the Incarnation
The Didache
Divine Names by Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite

>SPIRITUAL LIFE

>novice

The Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales
Story of a Soul by St. Therese
The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton
Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose
Nihilism - Fr Seraphim Rose

part 1

> I don't think I should just show up for Mass one day or am I wrong?

Well, you can just show up for mass, absolutely. But you shouldn't recieve the Eucharist until you make a confession.

part 2/2

>intermediate

The Interior Castle
Spiritual Exercises by St. Ignatius
Dialogues by St. Catherine of Sienna
True Devotion to Mary
True Devotion to the Holy Spirit

>advanced

The Cloud of Unknowing
The Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross
The Desert Fathers
The Philokalia
The Ladder of Divine Ascent
New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas Kempis

>MEMETICS

Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World by Rene Girard
I See Satan Fall Like Lightning by Rene Girard

>HISTORICAL/BIOGRAPHICAL

Rome Sweet Home
The Long Loneliness by Dorothy Day
After Virtue
Christendom I: Founding of Christendom
Theology and Social Theory by John Millbank
Ethics and the Limits of Philosophy by Bernard Williams
Life of St.Anthony by Saint Athanasius
Life of St Francis of Assisi by Saint Bonaventure
Silouan the Athonite by Archimandrite Sophrony
The Autobiography of St. Ignatius Loyol
The Formation of Christendom by Christopher Dawson
The Dividing of Christendom by Christoper Dawson

>FICTION

Don Quixote
Diary of a Country Priest
The Divine Comedy
Paradise Lost
Silence by Shusaku Endo
A Canticle for Leibowitz
Faust
Les Miserables
The Canterbury Tales
The Man Who Was Thursday
The Brothers Karamazov
A Man for All Seasons
The Pillars of the Earth
The Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
Lord of the World
Parzifal
Joseph of Arimathea: A Romance of the Grail
The Arthurian Cycle
Quo Vadis

Worshiping the whore on seven hills

In the heart of Rome, St. Peter's sits an Egyptian obelisk, an odd to the ancient religious right that actually controls the church and bounds us all in debt slavery eternal as a mode of population control.

Rome is the most materialistic and corrupt religion on this planet. It is fair to say that disease ridden whore has been devoid of the esoteric teachings for millennias now.

>(a) cannibalism, eating the body and blood of your savoir
>(b) sun worship in the ancient Egyptian rites
>(c) occult worship and human sacrifices still persist, including pedophilia in the Church

Really gets those almonds going, its almost as if the people who worship the whore on seven hills are magnetized to it by the mode of their existence, ie materialistic whores, etc etc

Christian music list. The first list is modern music, the second is hymnals and more traditional music. Feel free to recommend additions on Catholic and Christian Generals.

>Marvin Gaye's "God is Love"
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
>Woven Hand's "My Russia"
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
>Woven Hand's "Consecration"
youtube.com/watch?v=xcwCK8pFZ0M
>Om's Pilgrimage Album
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
>Sufjan Steven's "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
>mewithoutyou - Sun and Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
>Young Oceans - ONLY YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
>Bobby McFerrin's Joshua
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
>Psalter's Lord's Prayer
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
>Janelle Monae's Victory
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
>Johnny Cash's God's Gonna Cut You Down
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
>Nick Drake - Pink Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
>Mary Lou Williams - Anima Christi
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
>Dr. C.J. Johnson's "You Better Run"
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
>Judee Sill's Heart Food
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
>Dave Bixby's "Free Indeed"
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
>The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus' "Beauty After the Fall"
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A
>Podnieś Mnie Jezu
youtube.com/watch?v=JbhIHF3SHm0
>Baba Yetu
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
>Audrey Assad's "Restless"
youtube.com/watch?v=UuhYZrn4flo

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html

>DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH
>LUMEN GENTIUM
Clearly states it is dogmatic.

Quote:
>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
Very clearly claims that Christians and muslims worship the same god. No way to deny it unless you resort to semantic perversions and handwaving rationalizations.

This is a heresy, and since the heresy is proclaimed dogmatically, this makes the church internally inconsistent and falsifies all claims of being the one true church.

Therefore Catholicism is a false religion QED

Traditional Music

>Veni Veni Emmanuel
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
>Agni Parthene
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
>Je Nai Nan
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
>Come Now Font of Every Blessing
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
>A nice collection of South Pacific Island hymns from the movie The Thin Red Line
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
>Hail Mary in Latin, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
>Hallelujah Chorus done suddenly in the public
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
>Heyr himna smiður
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
>Jezu Chryste Panie Miły
youtube.com/watch?v=dymL1-ckMwg
>Ludu mój ludu
youtube.com/watch?v=orZo6JesM_E
>Cидить Mикoлaй y кoнeць cтoлa
youtube.com/watch?v=FbGwaO0ZVzM
>Fiez-vous en lui
youtube.com/watch?v=vJCl6ylgwCU
>Mass in D major, Op.123 "Missa solemnis"
youtube.com/watch?v=WFor50sjEaw
>Krzyżu Święty
youtube.com/watch?v=DlIG5gNa-Oo
>Taize Alleluia
youtube.com/watch?v=e-jOgH0PP2I
>O Dniu Radosny
youtube.com/watch?v=MROPDOKkKd0
>Dies Irae
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
>Deum Verum
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
>NON NOBIS DOMINE, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM
youtube.com/watch?v=bb9ro4IQqi8

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. Any more advice?

For me the presence of Christ in the Eucharist is essential. I was tempted for a long time to "check out" Anglicanism from reading classic British and American literature but changed my mind after seeing the current state of their church (gay marriages and female clergy). So the Roman Catholic Church's conservative stance on moral issues appeals to me, but also the manner of worship is why I could never become an Evangelical even though I can agree with them on many moral issues.

>I haven't and yet I'm doing this thread right now

The Pope's seat in the Paul VI Audience Hall in the Vatican is at the mouth of the head of a snake.

"There are many other things which most properly can keep me in [the Catholic Church's] bosom. The unanimity of peoples and nations keeps me here. Her authority, inaugurated in miracles, nourished by hope, augmented by love, and confirmed by her age, keeps me here. The succession of priests, from the very see of the Apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after his resurrection, gave the charge of feeding his sheep [John 21:15-17], up to the present episcopate, keeps me here. And last, the very name Catholic, which, not without reason, belongs to this Church alone, in the face of so many heretics, so much so that, although all heretics want to be called 'Catholic,' when a stranger inquires where the Catholic Church meets, none of the heretics would dare to point out his own basilica or house" (Against the Letter of Mani Called 'The Foundation' 4:5 [A.D. 397]).

Protestants literally blow themselves out.

Here is the satanic sculpture behind his seat.

Normally I'm the one to post advice, but here goes.

I have issues masturbating. I don't think it's even because I want to, because I don't. I hate doing it when I'm doing it, but I do it anyway. I think it's a habit like smoking to get rid of anxiety, but regardless, it's been plaguing me recently. I have been more stressed out than usual, but I don't know how to counteract this.

Confession is tomorrow, at least, but I feel like every time I go to confession my only thing is "I masturbated". Which is awkward, and for some reason, I find myself thinking "Dangit, if only I did some other sin" as if it's fucking monopoly.

Even from the exterior the building is unambiguously shaped like the head of a snake.

>inb4 Jesuit shills start claiming that it's a trick of perspective/camera lens and that it doesn't actually look like that in person
Here is an overhead view of the Paul VI Audience Hall. It's shape is like the head of a snake and you most certainly will get the effect of seeing the Pope speak from his seat as out of the mouth of a snake.

>stained glass
>amplifying architecture that you'd find in any place meant to carry sound far
>decorative pillars
Whoa man, you better watch out, that shit'll bring down the Catholic Church.

That's about it.

Talking to a priest is a good idea. Any decent priest would stand outside the church after the Liturgy and would be interacting with the parishioners. So that would be a good time to talk. From there, you can maybe get more involved in your local parishes community.
The fact is, you can't be a good Catholic unless you are involved in the parish community. This faith demands community involvement.

This.

And involvement can be as little as properly raising Catholic children and taking great care to do so, or as large as being a deacon or priest.

Mine's sporadic, but I do my best to involve myself in the youth group weekly, and I was a counselor for the Catholic camp.

You just show up for mass one day. You will likely forget the form and structure of it all but no one will judge and everyone is generally supportive. It's best to find a Latin mass through the link in the OP but if you cant do that then any mass is fine for a start as long as it is Catholic.

The one thing is to not accept communion yet. The bread and wine.

I appreciate the kind words. That's here, though. I still go through a lot of vices in my daily life I struggle with.

No, not any particular order. The jump to seminary is a big enough thing already since it means forgoing a chance at a family and I want to be a dad at some point. But it seems like a fantastic outlet for my interest in social help and my knowledge of this stuff already so I haven't scrapped the idea completely.

Congratulations on the marriage by the way!

At least you're doing God's work.

Deus Vult, based Catholic brother.

>The Church compiled the Bible before protestants even existed
The church compiled the bible in the sense they declared their faith in those books. Those books were "the bible" before this, by virtue of divine inspiration. They would still be "the bible" even if they were never "compiled".
>and was never meant to be taken out of the context of the Church, my dude
The concept of a magisterium did not exist until a long long time after the apostles were dead, so they certainly didn't factor that into their writings.
We believe Christ is really present in the Eucharist, and our reformers were committed to that truth, but Christ is not therein offered as a sacrifice for sins (since this is repugnant to the gospel), and the bread is not to be worshipped (since this is repugnant to the law).
>In no case is "faith alone" used in relation to justification but in one instance, in which faith alone is rejected
James' words, based on the context, are better understood as "You see that a man is known to be justified by works and not by profession of faith alone". Since "alone" is a term of exclusion, Paul's words, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the law" are synonymous with "a man is justified by faith alone", because it exludes all works.
>the canon of the Bible is declared via church authority
The canon of the bible is so by divine inspiration alone. Even if nobody ever declared it so, Romans would still be the word of God.
>to prop up the scriptures and yet deny church authority is not epistemologically sound
To the contrary, it is Roman Catholic epistemology that is inconsistent (since it proves scripture by the church, and then proves the church by scripture), and atheistic (since it exalts human ability over divine revelation). Belief in the inspiration of the bible is a necessary presupposition for a consistent worldview.

*holy blood and body

meant to link

Catholic cowards refuse to respond to this post.

This. I've had trouble stopping for months now, usually can only go a week or a week and a half at most.

Oh Mary, you're so fine
Sinless virgin for all time
Hail Mary! Hail Mary!

Real Presence of the Eucharist
Apostolic Succession
Scripture & Tradition

No, I'll do it for ya lad

First of all, the pictures in bad taste. You're right, we should have a Rambo-esque character as our representative to Christ rather than someone who humbles themselves. Also, sorry they're not racist.

Christians and Muslims do worship the same God, and while I disagree with the wording, what I will say is that it's not for us to judge souls, it's for God, and that's the main point of this quote. That's not only not heresy, it's baseline Christian theology.

I've gone 90 days. I can easily go more, the thing that broke my streak was having a horrendous flu and having my will broken.

That's why I say it's like smoking. It's a coping mechanism. I don't do it because I'm like "Fuck, I really want to get off right now ;)))", I do it out of habit.

It disgusts me.

>Christians and Muslims do worship the same God
My God became flesh and died on a cross

You're right. And Jews don't believe in that either, yet we still consider them right in that they do believe in God the Father, just not in the correct way. They're not evil, just deluded.

Reminder to filter tripfags
They are not special

>Christians and muslims worship the same God.

Jesus Christ is Lord.

muslims do not believe this.

God is not allah

>not heresy
>People of the Book, do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a 'Trinity'—stop, that is better for you—God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Qur'an, sura 4 "An-Nisa", ayat 171)
Catholics are shameless liars

President Trump today at Values Voter Summit:

>“We cherish the sacred dignity of every human life"

>“We are all made by the same God in heaven"

>“The American family is the true bedrock of American life”

>“We know parents, not bureaucrats, know best how to raise their children."

>We don’t worship government, we worship God”

>“We protect religious liberty”

>“We are stopping cold the attacks on Judeo-Christian values.”

lifenews.com/2017/10/13/president-donald-trump-defends-defunding-intl-planned-parenthood-i-did-it-to-protect-the-unborn/

c-span.org/video/?435728-1/president-trump-addresses-values-voter-summit
Thoughts on Trump?

Jews don't believe in Jesus either, nor do they believe in the Mother Mary being anything more than a flusey. And it's been Catholic doctrine for a while that, yes, the Jews are wrong about Jesus, they come from the same place.

God is dead.

There is really no advice that can be offered.
Dwelling on sexual thoughts and masurbation is a sin. We know this from natural law.

As long as you acknowledge that preoccupation with sexual fantasy and solitary withdrawn sex acts is spiritually and psychologically damaging, ESPECIALLY when it is used as to as an "escape" from reality, then you can lessen the damage it causes.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that masturbation is your only sin. Are you saying that since your last confession, you have never held anger in your heart? You have never felt a calling by God that you rejected? You've never browsed seedy chinese cartoon boards? You have never given in to gluttony? Indifference? Concupiscence?

We are commanded to confess both mortal and venial sins in confession, however small.

I think he's not really a Christian and is doing it to cement his base. He's a smart man, just not a great world leader.

>yet we still consider them right in that they do believe in God the Father, just not in the correct way
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1 John 2:22-23
If you don't worship Jesus Christ, you don't worship the Father. The Son and the Father are the same God, so it is impossible to believe in the Father without believing in the Son. If you believe the Father is God but the Son isn't, you have a different god than the Father.

>And it's been Catholic doctrine for a while that, yes, the Jews are wrong about Jesus, they come from the same place.
I agree, in that both are false religions that come from Satan

Your all abrahams deluded cucks. You all took the big salami of indoctrination up the rectum.

I have held anger in my heart, but it feels like that's just tacked on, especially when comparing it to a sexual sin. Anger and masturbating seem to be my only issues.

It doesn't help that I was an atheist for 4 years before I became Catholic, recently. Years of porn have fucked my head.

After Virtue.

I love MacIntyre.

Also, have you considered adding any of the great Encyclicals? Or Finnis' Natural Law?

Reminder that Luther was too much of a coward to respond to or accept invitations to debate St. John Fisher of Rochester

Future Benedictine Monk here! I'm glad there are still people who support Holy Mother Church on social media. God bless you all :)

Hey, I didn't know this was 1256.

I agree, otherwise I wouldn't worship Jesus Christ.

Ah, the ol' "Satanist religion" cop out.

So you mean to tell me that Jesus created a Satanist religion and people have been following it for thousands of years? Let me guess, YOUR religion was created right after the Catholic Church became satanic?

What a laugh.

Okay

Luther pls go

>the church understands that Muslims are talking about the same God as them

Of course they worship the same god, they just understand Him wildly differently and very incorrectly. Hence the interest in correcting them.

>this is heresy

How?

>literally "it looks spooky so its bad"

We're dealing with a new guy here but fair enough.

>James' words...

James words are:

"You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone."

This an complete rejection of faith alone for justification.

>Paul's words

Are specifically about first century Judaizers and he's distancing himself from "works of the law" i.e. Jewish law. Hence why he speaks about not needing circumcision within the same topic in Romans. It is incorrect to think James and Paul are talking about the same thing.

>The canon of the bible is so by divine inspiration alone.

We understand the canon authoritatively due to church authority that you ultimately rest on despite your rejection of it.

And yes, all the authority of the scriptures to the church come from God.

>(since it proves scripture by the church, and then proves the church by scripture)

No, this is incorrect. The authority of the church comes from God but is rationally defended by the historic evidence and claims of the passing down of authority. This authority declares whether sometimes is inspired authoritatively.

>atheistic (since it exalts human ability over divine revelation)

what?

The Vatican from above is shaped like a snake.

Yeah, I got baptized 6 months ago. My family got baptized the year before that (which is when I started attending Mass), and my parents started attending Mass the year before that.

I disagree, user.

I think he legit believes those statements. I am incredibly grateful for him. I don't think most people that are not communists realize what a gift he is to our country.

What are all of your opinions on the Sedevacantists?

Anything with a street and a circle at the end of it is shaped like a snake.

Fuck, I guess my cul de sac is satanic. Better move out.

A candlelight procession walked past my house at 10 o'clock, they were singing some old hymns and walked noiselessly. Was honestly one of the most beautiful things I've seen

God Bless you future Benedictine!

It's not up to you to decide what feels "tacked on", or what is less or more serious.

When you say that those are your "only issues", that is kind of worrying. Unless you are absolutely faultless and Christlike, there are aalways going to be plenty of issues.

I hope you are doing a rigorous Examination of Conscience before every confession like you are supposed to.

>The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the "eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41), unless before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this ecclesiastical body that only those remaining within this unity can profit by the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, their almsgivings, their other works of Christian piety and the duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church.
>Council of Florence (1441)

>In the first place we must recall the people to whom the testament and the promises were given and from whom Christ was born according to the flesh. On account of their fathers this people remains most dear to God, for God does not repent of the gifts He makes nor of the calls He issues. But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator.
>Second Vatican Council, Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, Lumen Gentium (1964)

Roman Catholic Church has contradicted itself on dogmatic teachings about salvation outside the church. Therefore it is a false church.

I try to. I run through the 10 commandments almost every time and really think about the meaning behind them. I'm fairly certain that's an Examination of Conscience.

>baseline christian theology

It literally isn't. We are repeatedly told to challenge false beliefs in brothers. We are regularly told to judge one another within the church. And we are regularly told to recognize who is not within the church, and who carries false teachings.

Nowhere are we told to ignore heresy, lies and false teachings.

So you agree with the Catholic Church when it suits you, but when they change their opinion based on historical evidence and rigorous research, that all goes out the window?

Great.

We are not meant to be judgmental, man. You ARE meant to question when one sins, and to try and guide them onto the path of salvation, however, it is NOT our job to judge anyone.

>retarded shitskin spics mass eat bad burritos and hallucinate
>it's a miracle

Along with reviewing the 10 commandments, perhaps try also focusing on the focal tenets of Christ's teachings:
"Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22:35-40

Think about any time you may have put anything before God, and think about a time you thought of yourself before others. While these are contained within the commandments themselves, I think it helps to do at the end in case you weren't able to remember something that may be brought to light by the more direct contemplation of the "greatest commandments".

GOD BLESS!

Even if that were the case, mass hallucinations to that scale are rare and pretty much impossible. After all, hallucinations are in your head.

That quote also blatantly denies the Trinity.

Thank you, man.

They don't lie when they tell you that your journey as a Catholic doesn't end with baptism, it begins with it.

Well to begin, Laudate is a good free app to try out and has a confession section which helps you run through an examination of conscience so you can better understand your shortcomings. It even helps you structure what to say at confession.

Keep hobbies. Busy yourself. Do not be tempted from porn.
Most importantly, understand the sin as contemptible. It is very often that people still cherish or have good memories of a sin and only reject them reluctantly. Sin begins in the heart. Just because it does not manifest in your actions blatantly does not mean you do not sin. And do not get me wrong, I know this is difficult as the habit comes from accommodating your own natural urges. However, just as people fall to pornography through lacking the rational discipline over their natural urges and begin to selfishly treat sexual acts and bodies without due dignity to the people, masturbation comes about from a lack of rational discipline over yourself as well so to selfishly abuse your organs meant for a self-giving with another. I struggled with this even with full knowledge of the damage it would do to my brain so I know it's difficult.

Work on yourself and remember that. It is always a battle you will win as long as you are willing to try.

Also note the ending part of the Catechism on the issue:

>To form an equitable judgment about the subjects' moral responsibility and to guide pastoral action, one must take into account the affective immaturity, force of acquired habit, conditions of anxiety or other psychological or social factors that lessen, if not even reduce to a minimum, moral culpability."

Preach.

Sounds great. But lets see what this manifests as in terms of policy so I know this isn't just honeyed words.

>the absolute state of Reddit in this thread

It's called prelest. False spiritual experiences caused by demonic apparitions.

Amen!

I have no excuse, I'm 18 and I guess slightly stressed out, but it's nothing that praying the rosary every night like I did before I started masturbating again can't fix.

The bottom line is I'm just lazy and habitual. Fuck, why couldn't I have just been born a Catholic? That would have been easier.

>Reading the modernist (((cathechism of the Catholic church)))

Can you bros recommend some really high-test Catholic thinkers, writers, musicians, and artists? I'm trying to overcome a huge pitfall of mine -- that of Christianity lacking a certain masculine energy.

I know it's the religion of the Crusaders as well as the Monk, but the Church doesn't seem too interested in testosteronous outlets anymore.

I covet The Golden One his manly paganism and I covet Classical Paganism for their unapologetically masculine representations of men.

Help, please?

>pic related. These are the vibes I need.

I could literally claim anything was that. How does this help Satan's cause? It'd be like blowing up a building while screaming "Allah Akbar" to dissuade the notion that Muslims are violent.

>being this retarded
I demonstrated a contradiction in what the Roman Catholic Church claims to be its infallible teaching authority. A contradiction means it's not infallible. It is not the Church that Jesus Christ established.

Yes, with the Fatima live stream.

I converted to the Church when I was 14. If I could recommend ANYTHING to help, watch video by Father John Corapi. He has this amazing quote: "No Pain, No Gain. No Cross, No Crown."

We must take up our cross and follow Christ, It's not going to be easy, but it will be the greatest journey ever. I'll attach a link to the most important of his videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0RbM1N12I

You'll be in my prayers :)

Become Orthodox.

>How does this help Satan's cause?
By fooling dumb retards that the Roman Catholic Church is not the church of Antichrist.

ask God for help in prayer

most people have difficulty in one area or another

give up that sin during Lent and offer that sacrifice to God

don't be over scrupulous
make use of the sacrament of Reconciliation

God Loves You

Changing your opinion because new facts come to light isn't being fallible, it's being culpable for mistakes you've made in the past. And for the record, if I remember right, the Catholic Church only claims infallibility in a handful of teachings, those being the seven sacraments (I think) and a few other things.

It's the church that Peter established under the direction of Jesus.

Which is the church that Jesus established then?