Rem Sucks

ITT: Explain why Rem isn't actually best girl, and isn't worthy of Subaru's love.

It shouldn't be hard.

Who the fuck is Rem?

Why are you so angry? Do you want me to hold your hand

She lost any semblance of personality other than loving him as her sole character trait, so what good is she otherwise?

Forgot the dariga and one the cricket thread images

>girl that wants to suck mc's 24/7
>best girl
sasuga Sup Forums

Because Subarau implied she was a shit last episode when he rejected her. Get over it.

mc's dick*

>girl who constantly tries to get subaru to dick her
>lustful as fuck
>cute
>ready to give unconditional love

I can't

>She lost all the things that made her good because she loves Subaru now
That's fucking retarded. She growing to love Subaru more doesn't make any of her other previous or current traits suddenly disappear. The show is highlighting her love for Subaru because that's what Subaru needs at the moment to get him out of his rut.

She's babby's first waifubait character and flavor of the week. There's no real depth to her character and her behavior in the latest episode only served to comfort virgin NEETs in their vision of the ideal girl.

literally who?

shes useful as fuck. tries her hardest to save subarus dumb ass numerous times

welp the running gag of the 2 sisters calling subaru out on his shit tendancies is long gone now. and ram paired with rem made her twice as good asa character but they removed it for the sake of her being a love interest

She has nothing to offer the audience, she's boring as fuck. The last episode really showcased it- Subaru getting genuinely interesting, emotionally impactful, relatable character development, compared with Rem's boring monologue about how much she wants his dick. Her life goal is now marrying him, his is being a hero. And all the audience cares about is waifubait and shipping so they don't care, they love being told that they can be total fuckups and still have some hot maid obsess over them.

To be fair, at least she had a shallow depth of development as opposed to the "muh opresssed hafu elfu thats kind XD" trope.

Because she isn't Emilia.

Shitty name, like pig or dog.

I've heard there are 24 or 25 episodes, i can only find 18. What's the dealio?

rem haters argue this but then like emilia lol

She is worth of Subaru's love but he loves Emilia.

That's all.

You can't force someone to love someone else. Love isn't a prize machine where you put in affection and devotion tokens and the prize comes out.

Rem absolutely deserves to be loved by someone, but she doesn't deserve the romantic love of anyone in particular. That's just not the way love works.

They are counting some of the prequel that directly leads into re:zero- It's called zero no tsukaima.

Is it Subaru being a loser neet, or Emilia and co doing fantasy shit
Both sound kind of boring

For the record, she's seen how great of a person Subaru can--key word, "can"--be, and she wants to see him be that way if not better.

Even if there isn't much to say about development for most of the characters, you have to admit they're at least an interesting bunch.

>Rem's a low self-esteem loyal hard worker that cherishes the one who brought her up from her low
>Emilia's an equal rights activist that is also nice I guess
>Ram is a red haired demon that's a little slacky, rude, and can't resist clown dong
>Crusche is a dictator that aims for a nation based on independence and self-power
>Anastasia is a fricking murica' loli that actually does mutualism
>Felt's a HARDKNOCKLIFE
>Priscilla's a fucking self-glorifying bitch

For what they lack in development, at least they seem neat.

I don't particularly like any of the girls. Emilia was interesting when she called Subaru out, the rest of the time she's got no personality other than being nice and helpful.

The series would be ten times better and ten times less popular if it wasn't haremtrash, then maybe the other characters would be even half as interesting as Subaru instead of bland, undeveloped archetypes. Female characters are always boring and watered down to pander to otaku in harems.

>worthy of Subaru's love
implying it's worth anything

For what you call a harem, at least he's not getting all the pussy.
He won't get all the pussy by the end of it all, right?

Right?

I was really expecting Ram to be a trap.

There's literally one girl that likes him romantically right now. Obviously Emilia will start to like him at some point too but it doesn't look like anyone else cares about Subaru.

>the rest of the time she's got no personality other than being nice and helpful.
What's wrong with being nice and helpful?
I also agree tha Emilia needs a character arc.

Then in that case, it isn't a harem, just an anime with several female characters.
Not that any person should even want any of them to like the dude.

Harems aren't really about the MC, they're about the cast structure giving the audience a varied buffet of girls to choose from with minimal threat to their ego (eg not too much male competition). In this case they get their bland nice girl, maids, a fancy loli, a dominatrix, a cat'girl', a tomboy, etc.

Even then, it doesn't seem to do anything to the main story, aside from, as you say, creating bland characters. Which is ironic if the buffet is varied.

Then again, only so much development can happen when half the season is already over.
Also,
>harem; an emphasis on polygamous or love triangle relationships characterized by a protagonist surrounded amorously by three or more members
>only one character romantically likes Subaru

I don't think you know what a harem anime is.

>Isn't worthy of Subaru's love
>Subaru deserves love

>only referred to nice girl as "bland"
Whoops, sorry.
Also kek