Make me a believer

Hi, atheist here. Just wanted to ask you folks for a reason why I should be a believer.
My sister tried it. She ended up giving it up since she couldn't think of anythint to say back. My local priest has tried it, even an educated priest with a theology degree tried it. My family has been trying it for 3 years now. So I wanted to ask some of you anons to try to make me a believer.
I'll try to reply to all of them and the one that I can't reply to will make me think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ReasonableFaith/comments/1nawwc/claim_a_galilean_preacher_who_fits_the_general/
ntwrightpage.com/2016/07/12/christian-origins-and-the-resurrection-of-jesus-the-resurrection-of-jesus-as-a-historical-problem/
leaderu.com/truth/1truth22.html
answering-islam.org/Shamoun/documents.htm
pleaseconvinceme.com/2012/why-should-i-believe-in-the-resurrection/
reasonablefaith.org/rediscovering-the-historical-jesus-the-evidence-for-jesus
pastebin.com/eaEGgUa3
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120132023/#120132023
youtube.com/watch?v=IXpEtF4i1oI
youtube.com/watch?v=4RiQXg9AZHs&index=14&list=PL12544F4DB12CCF6E
youtube.com/watch?v=U379XlP9V9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=OWMb7EC8gBo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amschel_Moses_Rothschild.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt
youtu.be/xdH0NgtlVU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its not about you.
How does religion and atheism affect the whole of society?

Is it better for people to do good because they believe a god is watching or for people to become degenerates and hail satan because god isnt real? you decide.

If everything material must have a cause, then there must be a root cause.

This is a paradox, as you can go back quite a ways, but eventually the issue of causation must be solved.

There are two solutions. The first is an infinite regress, which doesn't make sense in our world. The second is an uncaused cause. An unmoved mover.

This is, whatever its form may be, God. It transcends any natural laws or logic that we have.

THERE IS NO SPOON

You are right on that one. But why would anyone want to live their whole entire life scared of doing something wrong or else they will be internally punished. That creates fear. And if you can control the the fear you can control the masses. So at the end you will get the results of good moral life and that is fine.

My point is I don't hate God. He was just created to shape everyone into a piece for a society. I can live with that. Religion brought many good things we can generate. Well if you exclude religious wars that is.

Hey user, I appreciate the question and the openness

I'm not going to rant at you or proselytize

all I ask (as a Christian) is that you look to understand the fundamental teaching of the Tibetan school of Buddhism, Vajrayana, and then check out the new testament in relation to your new knowledge

honestly this was the most expedient means for my conversion to Christianity, literally hated it before

good luck brother

But the cause for the materials isn't just for us. We just evolved to take advantage of the materials. For us it might seem a coincidence but it is not. We took advantage of it when we were merely nothing. Just a small single celullar life.

There is no God.

Sure thing. When I have my spare time I will read it. It didn't bother for me to rrad the bible.

I read the Bible a couple times before even understanding wtf Jesus was getting at.
Our linguistic-sociatal milieu is not congruent with understanding the wisdom of antiquated times and subtle entities.

I know that sound strange but a really great stepping stone is the modern philosopher Ken Wilbur, who starts from an analysis of the progression of consciousness throughout history and individual development.

I know that sound complex, but I guarantee that understanding this stuff is so incredibly worth it.

Mind expanding in every direction

Just think of god as all the things you can't control, and the bible as a very cryptic way of dealing it.

have a kid.

What's wrong OP, not a big enough man to swallow hebrew mythology hook line and sinker? Come on you little bitch, put the truth to one side and just accept things on faith.

Read this.

God bless.

Read the opening of the gospel of John.

Why wouldn't you believe in magic? Its so obviously real. Are you a fat hat wearer? You must be if you don't believe in magic.

Jesus is Lord. Read the Bible

Watch Jordan Peterson's vids if you're skeptical

Why are there so many of these stupid fucking threads.

Convert to what? There's no converting to be done.

Okay, you're an atheist, cool. Whatever, I guess that means you like science or something, cool.

Here's a quick question, what's everything made of?

Oh, duh, atoms, but wait, what are they made of?
Duh, smaller sub atomic particles? Okay, and then quarks or whatever, and then what? ... Strings? Waves? What the fuck does that mean? What makes up those? Do strings have a physical quantitative measure? Maybe?

Okay, well, what the fuck makes up those? More bullshit? What's smaller than the Planck length? What the fuck is all of this shit even made of? How am I thinking? What is consciousness anyway? Hurr, it's electro-chemical signals firing in your brain. No shit. What are those thing in their most base and broken down form?

Not a single fucking person knows. Hell, we don't even really know how the fuck electrons work still. It's a particle. Oh wait, it's a wave now. Yeah, this is dumb pop-science shit, but we don't have a concrete explanation.

I submit to you that reality itself is god, and that there is no separation between you and the infinite and almighty. Take that however you want, and go down whatever stupid fucking rabbit hole you want to go down.

A couple of people have recommended a few religious texts, read them I guess. Add to the list the Zhuang Zi, the Bhagivad Gita, the Upanishads, the Bible itself, obviously, especially the New Testament

4/pol/ is the wrong place to ask this question. >>>/christian/ we'll help you out

And when you read this shit, don't just look at the fucking wikipedia page and glaze over it and forget it like some fucking child.

Take notes.

Write in the margins (bible pages are fucking thin, so use a pencil).

Interpret them on your own terms, and find your own meaning.

No one's going to hand you the keys, because you already have them, and
You.
Are.
Driving.
Right.
Fucking
Now.

>special pleading: the post
AYYYYYYYY

So dumb

Please get lost atheist fag, and don't forget to shove a banana up your ass like your YouTube god does. Thanks!

Gandalf is wizard. Read the Hobbit

What questions do you have about Christianity?

Because Christ will judge you and when you stare at him face to face to plea your case he will remember you're lack of faith. Might send you to a bad bad place. But hey if you rather suffer eternally then go right ahead. Who knows how great heaven. What do you have to lose in believing? Nothing you do not have anything to lose at all. Do it for Christ no one else not even for yourself.

You cannot "figure" jesus or any sort of religion out with logic. It's an emotion inside of your heart that longs for a connection with god. The fact that you "want to be proven" should be enough for you to have faith in a power that is greater than your meager intellect. Being an atheist you should have the humility to know the limitations of the human mind and senses. Stop dancing around it with theology and other abstract concepts and just accept the love of jesus in your heart. Simple

>guys just be dumb and don't think about anything or use your brain

right...

What the fuck are you talking about?

"Doesn't make sense in our world" is a pretty fucking heavy claim, a more accurate thing to say is only observable insofar as we can measure it.

By saying "uncaused cause" I'm assuming you mean a causal loop, which is a pretty good answer, in my opinion.

I would probably say that it's recursive either without a base-case, or with one that either hasn't been discovered/measured or is fundamentally un-measurable.

You exist therefore God exists since God's existence is more sure than your's. Concerning who is the correct, let's see what the Bible says (which is the Book of the correct God, I know you aren't convinced now but bear with me)Psalm 34:8 KJV
[8] O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

So, speaking as a fool, if God exists he undoubtedly is perfect in every conceivable way, perfect personality, perfect judgement perfect knowledge. Loving, my God, Jehovah (not a Jehovah's witness they use that name in vain) is the only God who humbles himself to the point of dying and going to hell for his creation, the only God who is loving and the only religion with profit. Jesus, one of the three in one, died for our sins so we wouldn't have to suffer for ever and it is just that sinners who don't believe on Christ should suffer seeing you broke the law of perfection.

I am not telling you not to use your intellect, I am saying that it is humanly impossible to figure everything out. When you accept life for what it is and let go of that which is out of your realm of control you live with more joy and serenity. I personally don't give a shit if you take my advice or not. Go and continue living your miserable atheistic shallow existence until you die a death of despair and misery.

First you need to accept the obvious nature of a creator, or answer the following:
>Why does matter exist instead of not existing?
You can't push this infinitely far into the past, our universe is governed by entropy and the clock is ticking, meaning there was an absolute beginning and will have an absolute end. Why does something exist rather than nothing?
>Why did matter organize?
Prevalent origins from science (which still fail to answer question one) suggest a big bang happened in which matter was rapidly expulsed from in inexplicably dense point of origin. Beyond no explanation of why it became so dense, no explanation is given as to why it stopped being so dense. The universe was thought to be primarily or entirely hydrogen. If individual atoms repulse each other, how do they form together in order to create stars and the planets?
>Why does life exist?
DNA is incredibly complex, so complex that part of DNA is dedicated self-referential instructions on how to use it. Before life could evolve, the instructions for how to read, create, and modify DNA had to assemble through sheer chance. How can you justify such an odd occurrence?

Are you able to defend your lack of belief in a creator as anything but baseless faith?

Don't have to buy into Christian dogma or that of any major religion to believe in God, or at least a spiritual dimension to life.

I majored in human evolution, have a doctorate, and an IQ of 150. I was once an atheist too. Now I have a very complex spiritual belief system that includes reincarnation and God, and is compatible with science.

Truth is, if there is no spiritual side to man, than we are simply an accident of physics. Our emotions, loves, hates, and experiences are just a product of our genes and environment interacting in an entirely mechanistic fashion. Morality really doesn't exist, life is meaningless, ect. If you think there is more than this, than you have to believe in something spiritual.

Pretty strange to believe that our consciousness, and entirety of life experience is just an accident of arbitrary physical law.

I'd need to know your mindset to give you personal advice. In abstract, the pragmatic reason you need religion is to satisfy your own and society's fundamental needs. Your life should be fulfilling, your emotions should be well managed and your relationships, harmonious.

Its point is to reduce vices that prevent you and others from tackling important social problems despite fear of the consequences. To the extent that people try to maximize pleasure and minimize pain, as opposed to serve a greater purpose, society collapses.

You are making the lazy man's mistake by letting others define for you what God wants, and your place in His world, instead of reading it for yourself and honestly seeking His will for your life with an open and sincere heart. That is not too much to ask for eternal life,No?

Jesus' ressurrection was witnessed by more than 500 people. The bible is 66 different narratives, letters, and writings written by 40 different people, five of whom witnessed Jesus after His resurrection, over about 1,500 years that are all theologically synchronous, with minimal, irrelevant "contradictions" that are expected of any such collection of historical documents and only add to its historicity. This is as opposed to having been written by one person like some guy in a cave who says he had a revelation.

Christianity is one of the first to teach of one rational, all-perfect God, and is the only theological understanding in which we're not expected to work our way to heaven, nor are we saved by the merit of our actions, but only by the grace of Jesus Christ. "Faith without works is dead," in that he who has faith in Jesus will simply bear the works, i.e. repentance. It is only through this that we are able to know Jesus, but faith in Him and humility that men are not their own god must come first.

Evidence of Jesus and of His resurrection:

reddit.com/r/ReasonableFaith/comments/1nawwc/claim_a_galilean_preacher_who_fits_the_general/
ntwrightpage.com/2016/07/12/christian-origins-and-the-resurrection-of-jesus-the-resurrection-of-jesus-as-a-historical-problem/
leaderu.com/truth/1truth22.html
answering-islam.org/Shamoun/documents.htm
pleaseconvinceme.com/2012/why-should-i-believe-in-the-resurrection/
reasonablefaith.org/rediscovering-the-historical-jesus-the-evidence-for-jesus

---
pastebin.com/eaEGgUa3

how can I seek God's will? Can his purpose for my life to work some mundane office job?

First you must accept that reality is subjective, that your experience of existence (the soul) is something distinct from the buzzing of electrons, and that what lies outside your sphere of understanding is impossibly vast.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Stop worshipping a kike on a stick the sandnigger religion isn't real just shit made up by some kikes for them to feel important.

Are you implying that if God can want you to do something you would currently find mundane, it is impossible to seek God's will? I don't understand how that follows.

>reality is subjective

Actually Christians believe reality to be objective and the only one who can judge it objectively is Christ. We may view it subjectively but the closer we are to Christ the closer we are to seeing it objectively.

Of course morality is obviously objective

I think he means knowledge is subjective, and never necessarily a reflection of reality.

Only baptized men or the descendants of such seem to see what is wrong with the world.

Honestly dude fuck Christianity. Your life experience will always trump whatever religious dogma you read. Go the route of spirituality. Take a few weeks off to go find yourself. Jesus was a great person but Christianity is horse shit. I understand because you want to still have your intellect yet have some sort of emotional well-being. Logic won't get you there. Connect with another human being. Go on a nature walk. Experience life for what it is, not for what is promised in "heaven". You are a smart kid and I'm sure you will find yourself. Have faith in the process of life. You sound young, I am guessing you are probably 18 or 19. What is confusing and troubling you now will make sense down the road. God bless.(don't overthink my last statement, you can replace it with good luck if you wish but I figured god bless was more relevant to the topic).

>be a good goy: the post

>causality arguments thread
FUCK

Let’s just skip that part. The real question is how do you go from agnostic deism to Christianity.

Would you like to convert?

sorry was just saying can God's purpose for my life be as simple as just working some job?

Is it a matter preference? I’m not sure how I could go about believing Christianity, and agnostic Christianity seems pretty bizarre to me.

I want to know whether you want an argument or tools to convert.

>just working some job
Considering He wants us to know Him, to spread His word to every living creature, and to be fruitful and multiply -- no. But that doesn't mean His will for you wouldn't indeed be to work some job. As for whether it'd be fulfilling, I don't know. Is that up to Him or you?

>does anyone else get this particular captcha constantly?

Hide the slide.

Both would be helpful.

Damn fine book.

C.S Lewis was based.

The reason I ask is that many skeptics want to get into arguments rather than learn about different ways of being. You can reason a woman into being attracted to you, theoretically, but that's an autistic strategy that will almost always fail. Religion - and kissing - can't be justified on scientific grounds. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide if you want the benefits from engaging in either.

If you wish to convert, however, try this - archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120132023/#120132023

Believer here, and former science nerd college grad Atheist. It's up to you, really. If you want to find a way to believe, you'll find it for yourself, and the transition will be natural. If you don't want to, no amount of bludgeoning our own believes into you will do anything for you. Simple as that. If you have an internal pact with yourself to be on the proper path before you kick the proverbial bucket, nature and life will work itself out to make sure that happens for you. That's my experience. My only "suggestion" if you're actually open to it, is to get existential with yourself, and ask yourself deep questions like if your body quit functioning, would your own 1st person perception of self exist, or what would it turn into? Why were you born into your own body and not somebody else's? Cause-effect dynamics exist on all levels. Those kinds of questions are only a start, its up to you to figure out the rest.

Probably the best thing for you to do would be to have a look at the historical evidence for Jesus.
Most people nowadays have adopted this idea that the Bible has no evidence supporting it when really there are thousands of documents that can't just be dismissed as 'nonsense'. If you have a look at all of them (even the non - Christian sources) you'll begin to see that Jesus must've done some beyond believable in order to gather such a following.

You sound so proud of yourself.
>my sister, my mom, the priest, they all tried, I'm just too SMAAAHT

Most of people are hopelessly dumb. It's reality. No scientific progress can fix it. The dominant part of science and technology is simply incomprehensible for the majority.

Just because someone hits the screen of a gayphone doesn't mean he is any cleverer as a cave man playing with stones.

There is absolutely no hope to get the majority more or less educated. And popular science renders a huge disservice -- it doesn't clarify anything, but only confuses. I can confirm this as a scientist myself. Science is simply unreachable for 99.9999999% of people. It's for elites.

So the majority will fill the gaps in their poor caveman minds with gods, astrology, aliens, virgin birth and other bullshit.

Christfags btw can't even fathom that their beliefs, although sound so exaltedly, are essentially not different to beliefs in trolls, goblins and Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And as a scientist, I can tell, that nothing can help the situation. It's simply the human nature. Laziness and stupidity.

Read the whole post in your link and it’s very interesting. Thanks.

You're welcome, user. May you lead a fulfilling life.

Implying science as the only valid method for the inference of truth is a reduction fallacy and self-refuting. "99.9999999%" of scientists can't into discerning between sufficient and necessarily true conclusions, e.g. "If this is true, we would expect this model to be sufficient explanation, therefore if this is true, this model is necessarily true." It is a converse fallacy, i.e. it confuses "if" and "only if;" this is only because you were too stupid to pass a logic or statistics class, or you were unfortunate enough to have professors that hold false authority and have no idea what they're talking about, just like you. btw a reduction fallacy is to fallaciously assume, for example, that science is a cause of knowledge of truth, therefore it is the only cause, and this is self-refuting because you can't design an experiement to prove this is true.
>So the majority will fill the gaps in their poor caveman minds with gods, astrology, aliens, virgin birth and other bullshit.
This is a circumstantial ad hominem, not an argument.
>are essentially not different to beliefs in trolls, goblins and Flying Spaghetti Monster.
"Flying spaghetti monster," or a "sky wizard," is either not omnipotent by definition, or its form isn't necessary and therefore arbitrary and non-definitive, and it isn't transcendent, because it is impossible to have a form outside of space-time. If or when the intention is merely to show God is "as ridiculous" as any fantastical thing using false analogies, it is only a redundantly-fallacious appeal to the stone. It's also akin to saying "Look, I can make things up. Therefore your God is made up," and yet these are the kind of unsophisticated arguments atheists use, presumably all because they refuse to conceive of possibility outside our comprehension, lest they have to admit we may be held accountable to something outside ourselves.

Your reasoning is only a consequence of post-retionalized butthurt, not any recognizable grasp on logic.

>Is it better for people to do good because they believe a god is watching or for people to become degenerates and hail satan because god isnt real?
Christianity evidently does a pretty shit job at that. Looks like Islam is the solution.

>are essentially not different to beliefs in trolls, goblins and Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Elaborate, don't just leave it hanging out there. Flat ridicule is not nearly as effective as you think, especially when there's no substance behind it.

Catholic

Real Presence of the Eucharist
Apostolic Succession
Scripture & Tradition

Four words can explain everything fucked up that's going on today in the world.

As above, so below.

These words are used to corrupt and destroy. They are used to make everything the same, which causes confusion and sews chaos. This explains the push for homosexuality, transgenderism, women in male roles, and all kinds of other perversions and corruptions. It's manufactured insanity. Research those four words for yourself and connect them to real events. You'll slowly be driven mad as you find out more and more about how those words impact you. The elites worship Satan and they live by these four words, using them to justify their crimes against humanity and against the Father.

>inb4 how does this prove the existence of a higher power

Do you really think that people can produce music on their own that praises Satan repeatedly when played backwards? The fact that you need to play it backwards to find the hidden message is an example of the four words.

youtube.com/watch?v=IXpEtF4i1oI

The four words are a mockery of the scripture and a slap in the face to the Father. I used to be an atheist until I learned about these things, and what's in my post is just the tip of the iceberg. Research the four words.

*tips fedora*

m'lady

The only substance behind it is shit. The implicit "argument" is tautologically "Your God is like things that are made-up, therefore He is made-up. WAAAAA"

Pascal's Wager.

Dear user, if you are really honest about your search you will listen to what I'm going to say. I am a believer in god because I was converted to Mormonism, now many people think Mormonism is a satanic religion or that it is silly but those are non-arguments.

There is a passage in the book of Mormon that promises if you read the book and ask God whether it is true, that he will answer you by way of the holy Spirit.

I was skeptical as well but I tried it with true honesty or a "real intent" and I am now a staunch believer in god.

I challenge you to do the same, read the book and pray about it if you are really honest in your search for god, I know it takes work and the book is pretty boring for the most part. But it's worth it if you want to settle the god question for good.

>science cant explain everything therefore my book which states easily disproved falsehoods as facts must be true

Hurr durr science doesn't know to 100% certainty how the universe or life came to be therefore a man must have put two of every species on a boat and we are all his incestuous children

How can anyone read the story of Job and not think Satan tricked God into JUSTing some innocent dude? Also, God was gloating about it.

>Try to convince me while I resist every effort
No. Buy yourself a my little pony videogame if you are bored.

How can you trick something that is all knowing and all seeing stupid

Just listen to the words, the good words.
Believing in god is the babymode for those that can't understand the long term consequences of their acitons.

fpbp

By the all knowing all seeing being full of himself.

The response to this is usually something like "That presupposes a god that would send evil people to hell."
That would be an argument from ignorance, an argument no Christian makes. We believe in God because we recognize Him. It is ironically you who commits the argument from ignorance by assuming materialism is by default true.

pastebin.com/eaEGgUa3
>God of the gaps:

>"God of the gaps" is a term used to describe observations of theological perspectives in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence. The term was invented by Christian theologians not to discredit theism but rather to point out the fallacy of relying on teleological arguments for God's existence. Some use the phrase as a criticism of theological positions, to mean that God is used as a spurious explanation for anything not currently explained by science.

God of the gaps is a straw man. Arguments like teleological arguments for God's existence aren't taking 'gaps' in scientific knowledge to be evidence or proof of God's existence; they are inferring to God as the best explanation over materialism. To take a lack of evidence that God is not the cause as evidence that He is the cause would be an argument from ignorance. Ironically, those who cite 'God of the gaps' commit this very fallacy: that if there is no evidence that God is the cause, then He isn't the cause -- assuming a materialistic explanation is by default true, even if undiscovered, until proven otherwise. It is assumed a materialistic explanation is sufficient and thus that there are no other jointly sufficient causes, which is a fallacy of the single cause. This is assumed because of a faulty induction, i.e. materialistic cause is all they've ever seen, and all science is able to study, thus, excluding other reasons, it is all they are willing to accept.

>Just wanted to ask you folks for a reason why I should be a believer.

because you don't know what will happen after death. afterlife? reincarnation? ....nothing (which is reason enough to make everybody shudder and become more spiritual and religious)?

religion exists because2 we don't know what happens after dying and it's there to provide us with spiritual and emotional guidance for exactly that. the other thing it does is give you a few guidelines on how to live a fulfilled and happy life without regrets.

being atheist gives you nothing and leaves you in a dark sinkhole since it's an instrument for extreme leftists, marxists, communism, satanism and all that horrid shit.

fill your life with meaning. atheism does the opposite and therefore it's degenerate.

Define "nothing" without tautology. Good luck.

Why even bother?
Religion is for the ignorant and simpleminded.

"Oh if i do as im told by my masters, one day ill die and get to candy bar city in the sky"

lack of something

tautology? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at and I'd prefer if you don't give me tasks just like that, you weirdo.

"nothing" would be the abscence of existence to me. just coming from the point of view that existing is better than not existing because right now you at least get to experience stuff and anything non-entity related is actually really scary.

Oh yes, Thomas Aquinas is for the simple minded.

ok.

Its just some lazy priestclass cunt waffling on and making stuff up . Utterly worthless.

not belieing in the idea that some superior being perfectly created this planet makes you a naive stubborn fedoralord, jesus and god are probably aliens like of the nordic kind

>You may feel you deserve death for your actions and start being self-destructive, perhaps become outright suicidal. You may escape the emotional pain by engaging in hedonism or physical self-harm, sinning more to numb your conscience of sin. You may try to place the blame on others and hurt them to relieve yourself. You may try to soothe your mind with a host of relaxation techniques. When you achieve this high degree of self-consciousness, you'll notice that even inappropriate desires, as understood by your own mind, make you feel tense.

Thanks for that. I read all of it too, I really needed that. I have been needing Jesus to move some mountains in my mind.

Hi St. Thomas!

1 Peter 5:8-9 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

2 Corinthians 4:16 - For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Genesis 28:10-17 - And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not. And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

Philippians 3: 17-21 - Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Romans 5:10-12 - For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. and not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

You're welcome, user.

Proverbs 30:14 - There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

Judges 2:13 -And they forsook the Lord, and served baal and ashtaroth.

Jeremiah 14:15 - Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that prophesy in My name, and I sent them not, yet they say, sword and famine shall not be in this land; by sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.

"rome lived upon its principal till ruin stared it in the face. industry is the only true source of wealth, and there was no industry in rome. by day the ostia road was crowded with carts and muleteers, carrying to the great city the silks and spices of the east, the marble of asia Minor, the timber of the atlas, the grain of africa and egypt; and the carts brought out nothing but loads of dung. that was their return cargo."

youtube.com/watch?v=4RiQXg9AZHs&index=14&list=PL12544F4DB12CCF6E

youtube.com/watch?v=U379XlP9V9Y

youtube.com/watch?v=OWMb7EC8gBo

>a moron calling a genius worthless

ok

Tautology as in rhetorical tautology as in defining something merely by re-wording what you already said. I gave you the task because it's impossible, and thus your argument is actually only an assertion.

The notion of "nothing" after death assume from something nothing comes, but does this not contradict conservation of energy? If consciousness is not energy, what material thing could it be? The proposed annihilation of consciousness implies either energy can be destroyed, or that consciousness is immaterial, in which case there is no reason to believe it doesn't continue after death in some form not contingent on the brain. There is no such thing as nothing.

Sorry m8, but you're going to face judgment when you die, and your favorite youtube atheists can't save you. That should be "actually really scary."

Revelation 13 - 1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

god is just as real as santa clause man. you got to believe

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amschel_Moses_Rothschild.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt

humai

Ephesians 5:11 and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

may your soul be at peace with the Lord. I shall keep all of you in my prayers.

youtu.be/xdH0NgtlVU8