Automation thread

Will robots take your job Sup Forums?
willrobotstakemyjob.com/
And what do we do with millions of people rendered redundant by automation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kt7883oTd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Winning already.

>Lower than chief executives

I'm ok with this

>68%
Hahaha, no. Until someone invents a humanoid robot that doesn't suck ass, and software that can run in a wide variety of environments and situations, solving a wide variety of tasks, I'll still be a wagecuck.

my real score

not even doggos are safe

I'm a disabled NEET, am I endangered?

Also, how are teachers not in danger? Ten years from now they will figure out that having kids do there school lessons at home on a tablet is a lot more economically feasible than hauling them all into school everyday. Teachers will be culled, and they will only need a few of them to act as class administrators monitoring the students progress remotely.

Why didn't you listen Sup Forums?

I'm OK with this.

By undergrad was is automation engieering. Get fucked idiots.

Relevant:
youtube.com/watch?v=_Kt7883oTd0

That's the projection they are making. That robots will be able to all of those.

Can I get a quick rundown?

Because transhumanism is better

>tfw

Species Traitor

I hang up when you call

I think in the case where some technology is capable of completely separating the elite from everyone else, the elite would leave everyone else behind.

>High School teacher
>0.78% chance of being replaced by robots
>comfy

Well, obviously. However, automation of military security isn't going to happen before automation of menial work will render a third of the population unemployABLE, starving and craving a different sort of porky.

The concept of the "tendency of the rate of profit to decline" espoused by Marx is objectively true.

Once the robots have taken all poo jobs can we get them to build pyramids?

Based on what data, exactly? I've no doubt that all jobs can be replaced by sufficiently advanced machines, but my line of work does not involve regular and repetitive actions. Building refineries and boilers, and especially the maintenance thereof, entails a wide variety of tasks. Plotting how to rig out a pipe spool using only chainfalls and comealongs in a refinery, or crawling across boiler tubes in order to weld sections of overlay, or changing out demister pads in a tower, requires a highly adaptive AI as well as a physical form that can actually perform these tasks. And all of that has to be better, faster, and not a whole lot more expensive than human workers in order to be cost-effective.

Compared to automating clerical work or anything in an office environment, it seems considerably harder to do. I'm curious how they come to these projections.

You say that, but you take it off faith. But even if you were correct, it's just a matter of time and human nature.

Meu macaco.

>muh human nature
>muh elite
Elon Musk and Rothschilds aren't ubermensch. There is no such thing.

why not both?

I'm safe, but I couldn't do nothing with the site. I make $43k, legitimately and $40k *allegedly*;
>Exterminating feral hogs and big pests from large properties
>DJing/sound system provider/jumpers
>Cashier at family liquor store
>Cannabis grower/seller *allegedly*
Either way. Fuck it. I don't think automation will ever be absolutely autonomous. They'll always need a human for legal, security and emergency issues. Also, fuck (((big cities))). I can literally live off subsistence farming and hunting.

Nah, dude, I'm fine.

Nice thinly-veiled datamining thread OP.

I'll enjoy routing you rabble with my army of drones.

>military security isn't going to happen before automation of menial work
>drones faggot? Hell I can just employ neets to pilot them. Guess all those hours on the couch playing COD were useful.

>not a swarm of a trillion, weaponized nanobots to swoop in like a devouring cloud of death
Hamid ched khemi nabed mehet vedir zorg mabechor jezzar?

I used to work in customer service and can't wait to see that whole industry go down.

Jokes on the bots. I'm a neet.

I'm sorry I don't speak nerd.

Well ... I am actually a researcher who develops automations systems

Basically what post-scarcity civilizations would be like and how a fully automated economy would work

>my monkey
What did he mean by this?

Like using an artificial superintelligence to force anarcho-primitivism on the entire world?

it is bs. Nobody can take my job and you cannot lump chief execs together.

I'm somehow doubting this given how massively automated the job is already.

I should be fine.

I'll be the guy managing the robots.

if nobody has a job, who's going to buy stuff?

Yikes.

>2.3 for College Instructor

Noice.

Dual ticket BM/Power Engineer here.

nein

Not until robot's are indistinguishable from human's. I work with dementia patients.

brofist

0.35% with 20% expected growth.

i am sure we can get robots to train people to lie and deceit potential clients

Is power engineering worth doing, or is the market saturated?

all you that are feeling super safe because your job won't likely be automated soon shouldn't be. Unless you are over 40, one of the best at what you do where you work, have a stable job in your field, you should still be concerned and it will affect you. Why? Because as other jobs are automated and put people out of work, they will be training and going to school to compete with you for your job. If 90 percent of jobs are automated you better be in the top 10 percent of society for employ-ability in your field. not now, but after everyone else trained to do it as well. Oh and because of how the laws are written in most western countries you better not be white, because all the employees at that point will be minorities. unless you are a literal billionaire we are all extremely fucked, it's just a matter if you will live long enough to see it fuck you specifically.

Get rekt scrubs.

Robots won't take my job, my job will just stop existing.

Can't find exactly my position in the list but this looks like the closest one.

I'm actually is a little bit worried in 10 to 20 years time.

More people will be made redundant so there will be more NEET in the future. So in a way you will probably be fine. The government will take care of you.

Not my job, but the industry I'm looking to get into soon. I have doubts about this. Fiber is a highly fickle thing, and I doubt robots have the finesse to lay it correctly, attach it correctly and perform good cable management.

Of course I would forget the image.

If robots build everything, why would we need to buy anything? If they're tirelessly churning out goods 24/7 365, there will be more goods available than people who want them.

This misses the problem. Even if you keep your job, enough people lose theirs to become a giant unruly mob. You don't have to wait for 100% unemployment for things to go to shit, it'll happen well before it ever gets to that point.

r2d2 is gonna steal my job. i thought we were friends. death star and all that. use the force.

>my job will just stop existing.
It should have never started.

If you're in Canada, it's saturated as shit. You wont get a job unless you know someone or get really lucky. In the states it looks like there are a few jobs kicking around, but if you're Canadian I don't think you can get steam time from an American company.

Attempting to improve something is betrayal?

>implying performance management isn't important
>implying payroll isn't important
>implying recruitment isn't important
>implying OHS isn't important
>implying legislative compliance isn't important
HR does important work. It also does a lot of stupid shit.

The solutions are
a) prepare for a firefight with starving mobs every time you leave you house to go to work
b) mass pogroms on the unemployed
c) some form of Universal Basic Income scheme

I'm guessing c is going to be the most likely outcome. Of course, the incentive to keep slaving away at work while 99% of the population are living the dream as NEETS seems minimal, unless the last jobs to be automated are also jobs some people genuinely love doing.

Worrying, I hope they implement UBI before K get axed.

>Is power engineering worth doing, or is the market saturated?
Lots of labor supply now, but if the price of oil or gas goes up again it's going to be in high demand again.
I'm trying to start a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia for the good of everyone.

I hope so, my nigga.

It's simple - working will earn you a shitton more than UBI. If 99% of the staff at a company of 100 people are gone that means the 1 guy that remains can have his paycheck upped by 1000% and the company still makes a profit on automation.

You could have 5 people working one day each making 5 times what someone makes working full time today.

Or d) Passing laws which will enforce slowing of automatisation

No, they won't.

Bunch of liberal faggots who've never been in a factory have retarded expectations of automation.

They're complex machines. Gears, servos, lubrication, maintenance, electronics, actuators - THAT shit isn't getting any easier to maintain.

And the big one: sensors and cameras.

It's not about microchips, dumbasses. Programming is nearly impossible for problem solving.
Put it this way: until a program can have a 3 hour long conversation with you and you legit can't tell if it's a computer or a human, don't be afraid of programming.

And until the cost of sophisticated electro-mechanical wonders of engineering drops to less than 2-3 years of wages, no one will buy it wholesale.

We are at the current level of automation that we will be at for a long time.

This shit is just kikery designed to make libshits okay with jobs leaving the country.

But there will also be fewer buyers for your products, therefore less revenue for your firm.

True. Though I don't suppose those governments that choose to cripple their economies with this will be able to compete against automated countries.

>But there will also be fewer buyers for your products, therefore less revenue for your firm.
In theory there should be more buyers because UBI means everyone has tons of disposable cash.

Suck it.non stem poor fags

Unironically once automation is fully in communist economics with right wing social policies should happen and should exist.

Still, this is the most probable outcome I can see from this. The Western governments have been wasting their economic potential on gibs for a long time now. I can't get why they would chose another solution now. They know there would be a huge social unrest if massive automation happens, even with a universal income. They will likely chose to prolong the current status quo until enough people find a conversion or retire.
Meanwhile the Asian ones will probably mercilessly automate everything. We should see which way was the more appropriate.

>64% chance that the job of "Maintenance and Repair Workers, General" will be taken by machines

I have yet to see a robot designed to repair other robots, machines or medical equipment.

Nice Datamine, FBI

Damn.

But that cash should be spent on subsistence, since the whole idea of UBI is to replace existing social programs with a single regularly scheduled handout.

Welders 94%

Press Machine Operators 78%

Credibility 0%

>Welders 94%
They're probably under the impression that all welding happens in a shop, doing the same thing all day every day.

C'mon, it was obvious from the beginning that all those nearly identical gamestop guys were androids.

>muh FBI
if only they were skilled enough to use that data appropriately