Macross Delta

Is the Purple Pilot background character finally getting a name? I've yet to see her do anything besides telling Hayate he has a bogie on his tail.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/28/shoji-kawamori-on-macross-delta-and-his-hopes-for-the-series/#7d29d2121210
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/28/shoji-kawamori-on-macross-delta-and-his-hopes-for-the-series/#4f90d4621210
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop bullying Mirage.

Now I'm going to rank

Standard blue/red uniforms:
1. Freyja
2. Mikumo
3. Makina
4. Reina (skirt or shorts - horrible)
5. Kaname (the skirt and that belt and belly button - nonsense)

Walkure color codes outfit:
1. Freyja
2. Kaname
3. Makina
4. Mikumo
5. Reina

NICE EARS

雑誌バレ

美雲はマクロス世界の様々な設定と絡み、
THE MACROSS
と呼べるような存在と判明する

デルタは歴代作品の中でも一番プロトカルチャーについて掘り下げており、
歌の力と先史文明を結ぶ謎が明らかになる

>>She is Macross
>>The title of this series is Macross Delta

Mikumo Delta
Mikumo Frontier
Mikumo Elysion
Mikumo Quarter
SDF-01 Mikumo

>Kaname's atrocious Walkure outfit in 2nd place

Bro what

Isn't that Mikumo biking kind of lewd? I mean, it only covers half her ass

Who is GOTY and why is it Freyja?

Because HOINA!

Translation?

>Watched this episode yesterday
>You can pinpoint the exact moment Freyja completely falls in love with Hayate
Fucking sweet ass episode. I was smiling the whole 20 minutes.

>雑誌バレ
>美雲はマクロス世界の様々な設定と絡み、
>THE MACROSS
>と呼べるような存在と判明する
>デルタは歴代作品の中でも一番プロトカルチャーについて掘り下げており、
>歌の力と先史文明を結ぶ謎が明らかになる

>Magazine spoilers
>Mikumo links a lot things in the macross world and is proven to be an existance you could call "The Macross"

>Delta is the entry that most of all deal with the protoculture, they mystery that binds the power of songs with the prehistoric civilization will become clear

>>Mikumo links a lot things in the macross world and is proven to be an existance you could call "The Macross"
KAWAMORI strike again.

Thanks user. Can't wait to see how it will go from now on. It seems like a wild ride.

>proven to be an existance you could call "The Macross"
Blew up all the fukin' theories.

Reminder that Mikumo is related to protoculture, but she is NOT protoculture
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/28/shoji-kawamori-on-macross-delta-and-his-hopes-for-the-series/#7d29d2121210
>“So in that sense the story in Macross Delta is not connected to the Supervision Army but does deal with Protoculture. Naturally, the technology and narrative legacy in Macross is inherently connected to Protoculture, so you might see more of that in Delta though the original people of Protoculture will not be present.”

If the mystery of Protoculture is solved, then Delta will most likely be the final series.

Solo Wing Mirage will save the sector from those twisted songs

Soon it will stop

There will be no Mirage x Hayate, which makes me sad because I don't want to see her sad.
At least I can wait for doujins, right?

She needs needs to overcome her issues first and I'd rather see that

Stealth second season confirmed you guys

>She needs needs to overcome her issues first and I'd rather see that

Too late for that to happen

Agreed. I want to see her surpass Messer both in flying and as an officer

>then Delta will most likely be the final series.
Kawamori has said he wanted the latest Macross to be "the last one" for a while now. I doubt it.

I mean he just finally got his chance to do his idol group Macross series but got forced out of doing the one in an academy

>People thought Delta was a joke and inevitable failure as a wackly installment with no real value
>They were wrong
BASED KAWAMORI does it again. If Macross is truly explained in Delta then it might just be the best Macross work yet. Even better if Kawamori breaks tradition and have the younger small girl win.

Kawamori stated everytime he finishes a series, he tells himself it'll be his last but always runs into unused ideas he wants to use for the next. Always.

Hm, well if Mikumo's existence ends up tying all past Macross together and explaining the beginning and the end, then yeah. I can see Delta being the final Macross in the series.

These last 8 episodes are going to be a wild ride.

>Even better if Kawamori breaks tradition and have the younger small girl win.
I've seen this posted a few times and I wanted to ask since Delta is my only Macross anime:

What are this traditions? Like a romantic triangle?
What else?

好・き・よ

Delta (Δ):
In genetics, it can stand for a gene deletion.

Windies gon' get modified

Basically, the older girls always wins. To expand on that, second heroine that starts relationship after the first heroine is the one that usually wins.

The older chick has won every time throughout the series, 7 and Plus being the exception because their respective triangles were fucking retarded and complicated respectively. Usually though it's pretty obvious and one sided. The only triangle that's been anywhere near fair is DYRL and that was based off an already one sided triangle.

More like, genocide'd

>Delta is my only Macross anime
U wot

>traditions
The transforming planes/valkyries
A love triangle
Songs

>Delta (Δ):
In genetics, it can stand for a gene deletion.

Windies gon' get modified

>In genetics, a deletion (also called gene deletion, deficiency, or deletion mutation) (sign: Δ) is a mutation (a genetic aberration) in which a part of a chromosome or a sequence of DNA is lost during DNA replication. Any number of nucleotides can be deleted, from a single base to an entire piece of chromosome. The smallest single base deletion mutations are believed occur by a single base flipping in the template DNA, followed by template DNA strand slippage, within the DNA polymerase active site.Deletions can be caused by errors in chromosomal crossover during meiosis, which causes several serious genetic diseases.

So basically, Macross Delta is Macross Windies Genes Got Fucked Up

Looks like we're heading to correct that.

NUNS sending that weak ass fleet wasn't it, right?

Sure our main cast is doing stuff to fight the Windermereans but I've been sitting on my ass for a long time expecting a highly devastating card that the NUNS will play at the critical moment.
That's going to be a thing, right? Right?

Sounds so Niven-y.

I hope there will be more Macross series to come. Sometimes its just too painful to part away with such a wonderful franchise. I has been a great ride for over 3 decades.

Looks like that's already been broken because the second "heroine" here has no relationship with the MC. Well HayaFrey wins gg guys

Yeah, Macross franchise is legit fun.

Can't think of any other franchise which is as entertaining despite being that old.

So, what about Delta? Will it head there too?

Yes. Mirage will win. Mirage is love, Mirage is life.

No. Have you been watching this at all?

Have you been watching this show?

I cant bring myself to celebrate yet. I mean I've been screwed over before. I just find it really unlikely we could see successful counterstrike at this point, but some other bullshit is never off the table.

Doesn't look like it because Hayate and Freyja are so damn good to each other. They have an emotional connection with each other similar to HikaMisa and AltoSheryl. Except this might be the better than them.

Delta has been confirmed by staff and Kawamori to be the series to break away from all previous tradition.

>Has shown it by example
>Has been back up by statements
>You see it in the plot

and you're still asking if it'll end like past Macross?

Jesus christ user. Use your eyes and head and analyze what has been presented to you.

I'm asking anons. This is my first Macross, so I don't know how in the previous series the winner was decided.

Also, you never know as they say. I agree Hayate/Freyja looks endgame but they could always go Sky End as you call it here.

Hayate x Freyja is too strong and is consistent. Mirage end seems so unlikely at this point.

Delta (Δ):
In Greek, it stands for the letter D.

Bravo, user! Such magnificent intellegience you have bestowed upon us.

Neither can I. I'm still paranoid despite all the lovely HayaFrey art and doujins.

How will all the Freyjafags feel if Mirage ends up winning the triangle through an asspull at the last second?

It's used as a variable a lot. The most common usage (i think anyway) would be to denote change

Mmm, I kind of doubt a sky end at this point. But anyway, we're going HayaFre end or sky end at this point.

I'd say 80-20 we get Hayate/Freyja ending.

We riot.

All those fluids in her skin

Honestly? I'd be a bit mad? But not like "my waifu lost" mad. More like, "that's one hell of an asspull, what is this bullshit" mad.

I'm a huge Mirafag and I would be pissed beyond belief since Hayate x Freyja is just how the order of the universe wills it.
I already accepted this and just want Mirage to be the best damn pilot out there and get a cute boyfriend she can boss around like Keith

I'd probably cancel my remaining BD orders. It's not paramount to me that Freyja wins, but if it's going to be an asspull bait and switch, after falseflagging the other side this hard, It'd just sour my impression of it too much

I can handle "Oh we live in too different worlds" kind of bullshit sinking the ship. Or any number of variations. Not an asspull out of nowhere though

Bare in mind, if it was actually done properly, with emotional buildup and believable characterization, I'd be fine with it.

Same here

I feel it's either Freyja or Sky End at this point

I think I'll be mad at the fact it'll be badly done and not so much at Mirage for winning.

I'd be mad in a "this makes no sense" way and not in a "the shittiest girl won fuck this" way like with Evol. Like it would actually be an asspull.

Nobody's even given me a good reason why Mirage should win even to this day

I wouldn't mind Mirage winning if the anime convinces me she won. Can't say I wouldn't be a little sad, but that's part of the entertainment. If it's done with some asspull though, I'd be mad like I'd be with any asspull.

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/28/shoji-kawamori-on-macross-delta-and-his-hopes-for-the-series/#4f90d4621210

>Hayate and Mirage are two parts to the love triangle in Macross Delta. (Photo credit: Big West)

What the heck man? It does not even look like a triangle to me. OTP is the right way to describe the romance in this series.

Is Mikumo a virgin?

>Sky End
Wind End

Macross thrives itself on tradition.

You can spot the newfags whenever they bring up that the tradition will be broken.

You know, sometimes when a girls "wins" too early it means that she will lose at the end. I see Mirage winning because some shit about Freyja and Hayate not being able to stay together.

Freyja has all the loser flags while Mirage's bane is just screentime.

Hayate and Freyja not ending together in the end would probably be the biggest asspull in the triangle. Even worse if it's a Mirage end.

I've seen it stated a couple of times in this thread and I believe many others also agree that up to date, Hayate and Freyja have the most emotional connection, tighest bond and that feeling of "fated to be" out all past Macross triangles.

It's kind of hard not feel cheated it some random girl like Mirage who lacks an emotional connection and impact with Hayate were to win over Freyja, who time and time again we've been shown how inseperable they are.

I could accept a sky end if the HayaFre were to sink because of "cultural difference, we're just too different" but at this point after all the hurdles they've overcome, that as well would feel a bit like an asspull.

A love triangle just needs three people in it dummy

You mean like Sheryl? Or Sara?

But why would Hayate choose Mirage if he can't be with Freyja?

Just ask Zessicafags after they've rooted for her and was the clear cut favorite until reality set in.

I just want a sad ending, and that would be one where Freyja loses or dies.

Not really. Mirage has plenty of loser flags as well.

Mirage's bane is also complete irrelevance to everything and absolutely no emotional connection to Hayate in comparison with Freyja

Mirage will console him and he will see what a great person she is.

>I'm a huge Mirafag and I would be pissed beyond belief

Yeah sure

"Miragefag"

I want to see Freyja and Hayate dying together.

I never enjoyed Macross doujins for some reasons

Just because Hayate and Freyja can't stay together doesn't automatically mean Mirage will win. Mirage has given no solid reasons on why Hayate would be even remotely insterested in her as a love interest.

A sky end is 100x times more likely than Mirage winning.

Liking each others wounds? No, thanks.

**licking

>Not rubbing her rune.
Shit.

ME GUSTA

>you are only a miragefag if you want her to win the triangle

yeah,no

>Mirage end up with Keith
Not a bad idea, and will be cool if next TV Macross Keith and Mirage having Macross 7 Max an Milla role(though that will require Windermere's life span expanded in Macross Delta's ending.)

>A love triangle just needs three people in it dummy
When Mirage has totally no chance at all due to various reasons. The lack of Mirage's development is already a problem

I love how miragefags damage controlling so hard now.

It's not like Mirage only have Hayate to choose too anyway.
So yeah that won't make sense for both of them.

Mirage and Keith will be Espada 1 and Espada 2

Not sure what do you mean, all i see is "Mirage's happiness matter" Miragefags and "Mirage needs to win the Hayatebowl" Miragefags having a civil war.

And i will just find a sit and watch them fight.

Mikumo doesn't care about anything but singing so probably. She doesn't even know what love is.