Is the death scene of DIO in Stardust Crusaders the best death scene of any villain in any anime?

Is the death scene of DIO in Stardust Crusaders the best death scene of any villain in any anime?

It's just so perfect, from the point where you think he's on top to the actual destruction of his body.

To be honest I don't think anything can top it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ib2JN0yb6Qg
dailymotion.com/video/x2y0el6
youtube.com/watch?v=CPd30FfPLt0
youtube.com/watch?v=C9i1fMa25zc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know but I waited the whole series to hear him use "The World" and it was so badass when he finally did.

Animeonly detected. DIO's death isn't even the best in JoJo, much less anime as a whole.

It's the worst, if anything. It's so sudden and anticlimactic that you end up laughing at him randomly splitting in half while screaming his head off from a mediocre punch to the knee.

Hello no. For all the asspulls people let JoJo get away with, this is the most retarded one.

>DIO is literally more powerful than before after drinking Joseph's blood
>overpowers the shit out of Jotaro a second time
>ROAD ROLLA DA
>but no The World got hit in the shin hard enough and now he's dead lol
>also Jotaro can somehow stop time too because lmao

I know JoJo is pretty much AssPull: The Manga but this feels so inconsistent from the rest of them, as if Araki was rushed for time and didn't know how to write a fitting defeat and just said "Fuck, why not"

Even Kars death was less of an asspull. At least it makes physiological sense in-series. Dio just crumbles out of nowhere because star platinum stronk.

Better in the OVAs

The question was "best villain death in anime" so whatever happens in manga is irrelevant.

Its honestly the worst vilain death in all jojo.
Best vilain death is probably Kira valentine or Kars
youtube.com/watch?v=Ib2JN0yb6Qg

Valentine death was the best imo. The build up is amazing.

>Dio kicks
>SP is so stronk that the impact of his blow goes straight into Dio head and break him in too
Nah.I'm totally fine with Star platinum being so fast that it can move in frozen time but without building it comes out of nowhere and you just have to roll with. look at this shit.its just physical and doesnt take away from the fight so its okay.

The worst, by far.

The fact that you made this thread in the first place shows you have shit taste. There is no reason High DIO should be overpowered by Jotaro when as normal DIO he was absolutely destroying him.

Not by a fucking long shot.

Even if DP managed to not fuck with the ending by having them fly around like goddamn DBZ characters, all whilst the animation takes a complete nose-dive into Higurashi levels of QUALITY, in terms of the actual content, it feels overly-rushed and reliant on asspulls to the point where even for JoJo it feels completely ridiculous.

Its easily up there with part 5 as having the weakest ending of the entire series.

>The fact that you made this thread in the first place shows you have shit taste.
Except I didnt and just explained why the death is shit

>is this the best anime death scene
>um but achktully its not even the best in the manga

This is why Joseph is best Jojo

Is that really what happened? I've been thinking all this time that there's been something in the lore I missed about Dio being broken by SP. Is that actually just it?

Its good and the final part 3 fight is iconic for a reason.
The World just makes for such great tension.

Not the best in anime though given how quality the animation was at times

The best villain death is the one where the villain in Death Note dies.

Of course, we all agree on who that villain was.

it's pretty much this:
>Star Platinum is so damn strong that if he hit DIO or The World hard enough they would die

Although you could excuse this since Avdol said Stands are connected to how strong you are, and given that Jotaro was so pissed off and wanted to kill DIO it makes sense that SP would be fukn stronk

>Even if DP managed to not fuck with the ending by having them fly around like goddamn DBZ characters
DP didn't fuck with anything. The OVA did, they fly in the manga as well.

Rem?

The OVA did literally every aspect of Dio's World better than the anime did

DIO surpassed his stand's strength, making The World a weak spot. DIO could tank the hit, The World couldn't, so it shattered and DIO followed suit.

>Death Note
>Rem

Is that actually the explanation, or are you pulling my chain?

There's no explanation other than Jotaro pulled the usual Anger=More Power

Well I guess we just have to wait a little bit for Kira's death to put it to shame.

>DIO got a stand
>Has Jonathan's body
>JoJo bloodline is so strong it affects Joseph and Jotaro
>Since Jotaro and DIO are now related to each other, they gain the same ability from the stand curse, though Jotaro has yet to unlock his stand's fullest potential
>Also, stands seek out desired power from users
>Some say Jotaro wished for a stand that could surpass DIO's The World

In before plot armor at its finest.

I'm so so on the OVA. it was much more sinister whereas Jojo's always been about embracing it's absurdity.

its either him or josuke really. Johnny is underrated.

at least DIO is correct

yeah but the rest of the OVA doesnt compare to David respect for the source material except for QUALITY.

Jotaro realised he couldn't kill DIO's body because it'll just regenerate, so he aimed for his soul (Stand) instead. The World isn't a vampire so it can't regenerate, and Jotaro fucked up his leg earlier so he was banking on it being his weakest point so he drove his fist into that point on his Stand with all his strength, which happened to be enough. Because DIO's soul was shattered into chunks his body was too, and being a vampire without a soul he was sort of half dead. His body was in pieces but still alive, only there was no soul animating it so there was no order for the body to regenerate. They scooped him up and waited for sunrise and bam, all traces of DIO are erased from existence.

smart

Except for that bone.

is that explained better in the manga? I'd never figured this out from the anime alone

Best death scene
dailymotion.com/video/x2y0el6

;_;

Except for the terrible charcter designs and DIOs crap voice maybe

The animation is pretty neato

Diavolo had best death scenes.

>dailymotion.com/video/x2y0el6

Objectively wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=CPd30FfPLt0

Aspulls aside, I would have liked a Jonathan flashback as he gets BTFO for good closure.

>Tanker instead of steamroller

No

>meanwhile the shitty Davidpoo adaptation didn't have the "CHECKMATE" scene and neither the Senator car rampage scene
>implying it wouldn't make much more sense for an oil tanker to explode via impact than a road roller

It takes away the camp, but as a straight-forward action anime, it's top-notch. The TV anime doesn't really do anything particularly well

did the blurays fix that fight?

>didn't play SONO CHI NO SADAME when THE WORLD's leg collided with STAR PLATINUM's fist

eh

You can't fix shit
You can only spray room fresher over it and hope people don't notice the stench of shit underneath
youtube.com/watch?v=C9i1fMa25zc

So I really want to get into the anime, but I dont want ti see the dubbed version. Where can I see full subtitled episodes?

What is Crunchyroll or Gogoanime?

>DIO is literally more powerful than before after drinking Joseph's blood
DIO's body was stronger than ever, but his soul and willpower was the same. Funnily enough, The World was probably his weak point.

>all traces of DIO are erased from existence.
Someone didn't read Part 6

Thanks man.

>streaming

Are you trying to imply that there is not a Rem in Death Note?