This was finished yesterday. Let's dump some various charts to celebrate

This was finished yesterday. Let's dump some various charts to celebrate.

>GiTS not under Urban Scenery
>Dead Leaves not under Unique Style or Bizarre Visuals

It's not terrible but opinions. I don't think Lain is really that bizarre in terms of visuals honestly.

Also no Paprika...

2013 version

Why should I give a shit about some
e-celeb?

>Wings of Honneamise
>Angel's Egg
>Metropolis
>Wolf Children
>Redline
>Dead Leaves
>Jin-Roh
>Cat Shit One

This list makes me happier but both lists together are an overall good selection.

why won't you die?

Please die in a digital music digital warehouse digital fire.

Oh my sweet Jesus, why?

what was special abotu kare kano, or shirobakos soundtracks?

I can dump some, sure.

>Macross Plus
>cyberpunk

I can't begin to say "NO" enough times to make it worth while. Whoever made this chart doesn't even know what cyberpunk is.

AI conflict is typically a big cyberpunk thing right?

I suppose yes it could be considered as a trope but the overall movie/OVA isn't cyberpunk as typically considered. That and it's Macross which is very much not a cyberpunk series.

This chart I feel is more in tone w/ series that capture cyberpunk across the proper spectrum.

this one's slightly different, not sure why I saved two when neither are particularly good

>G-Reco

>rurouni kenshin
>classic
wew lad. This is triggering my autism. The TV series wasn't that good. The filler was unbearable and the canon content they did adapt was merely a serviceable adaptation of the manga like any other shounenshit adaptation.

Hello MAL-kun

I think Plus is fine there given the context of the chart. Not a thing I'd usually consider cyberpunk but like if you think about it Sharon Apple is cyberpunk as fuck.

you just don't understand Tomino-sensei's genius

Is there a update to this?

so much budget moe

>rates shows before you finish them

No, I still think it really was just the chart maker filling a hole since he couldn't think of anything else to put in that spot.

I understand where you're coming from in terms of considering some aspects of the story as cyberpunk I just don't feel the movie/OVA as a whole fits into that particular genre.

I'd say Armitage III would have been better in the spot but it's also a list for mecha anime and despite having the proper feel for cyberpunk it doesn't have an giant mechas as a main aspect of the series.

No, and the only thing it's really missing is Jurmungand. or however the hell you spell it I can't be bothered to look it up.

I hate it

He hates it.

>ranked 666

What fucked up reality do you live in where Gurren Lagann is better than FLCL?

I kinda prefer TTGL. Both due for a rewatch though.

Isn't that ranking soundtracks?

Impressive, even an e-celeb can make one better than a bunch of crossboarders ans newfags.

>even one piece in there
Holy shit, talk about cancer. Fucking newfriends ruining everything.

>not knowing who hosoda is
th newfag is you

Sup Forums's taste is SHIT! Absolute S H I T !

That makes it even worse.

he's bad though

>not posting manga lists

I only like this one.

I don't agree about everything but this is honestly the best one I've seen so far.

I don't even really care for delinquent manga but this list.. THIS LIST... Now THIS is how you make a list.

I'm saving this just because I don't want to ever forget that a quality list can be made.

Whoa this is real nice.

There are two kinds of people.
Those who like ttgl and those who don't.
And because in order to like ttgl you have to be stupid, all of your anime judgmenet is bound to be backwards.

>being this pretentious about your far eastern oriental animated picture shows

I bet you're a thrill to be around in person. A regular dynamo of human charisma just dripping with so much intrigue that people commonly mistake you for an adult who's wet himself in public.

Fucking brutal.

>This was finished yesterday. Let's dump some various charts to celebrate.

This is not fucking finished. What is wrong with you? Why do you keep consistently ignoring what I tell you?

I said, put Redline & Sword of the Stranger back onto the list. You took them off their respective categories for choices that are nowhere NEAR close in quality to them. They are literal champions of their categories, to the point that they shouldn't ever come off. Also do the fact that both of them are still incredibly fucking NICHE. Literally everyone I talk to don't even know what they are if I ask them if they've seen it.

So put Redline & Sword of the Stranger back into Animated Motion and Choreography, please, pretty please with a fucking cherry on top. I don't know what else to get this through to you, it's like talking to a fucking wall. Fix it. If you have to remove something, remove either Yozakura Quartet or Towa No Quon and The Little Norse Prince.

The guy didn't want repeats from the old chart so you gotta settle for second best.

>I use anime to establish an image of being intelligent because it's much, much easier than actually striving to be intelligent

I've never been to /m/ but they sound like fun guys.

I really need to make my Hentai chart that I've been wanting to make for years now..

That was in the past. Now /m/ is on the same level of Sup Forums and probably more 'no fun allowed' and concentrated autism in some cases.

Just forget it, OP didn't make the chart to be accurate and helpful, he did it to get attention.

Who fucking cares about repeats? This is supposed to be a chart to reccomend to people who haven't watched anime what the absolute best examples of each category is. Redline is the best example of animated motion and Stranger is the best example of choreography. I mean, let's take into account Quartet is only good by animated seasons standards, which is still fucking terrible. Stranger overlaps it by a huge margin. And I don't understand how you could put a film by Toei Animation in the animated motion category, regardless of what time period it was made in.

these charts always remind me how awful anime is compared to other media regarding time investment. TV anime at least

It's already on the 2013 version. You're complaining about something which was already done three fuckng years ago.

>And I don't understand how you could put a film by Toei Animation in the animated motion category, regardless of what time period it was made in.
Oh, you're one of those people. The retards who just echo others instead of actually watching them making their own judgements.

calm your autism

How so? Also in my experience there are way more good anime TV shows than good anime movies.

I have Mononoke on my backlog, user. I'm really to watch stuff, but I have had too much bad experience to ever think Toei Animation can consistently put out anything watchable. If Mononoke & The Little Norse Prince are both good, then that's great, good on them. The only diamonds in the literal thousands of Toei's shit catalog. But I'll watch Mononoke when I get the time and based on the synopsis for TLNP I just looked up, it's not something I'm going to be racing to watch.

Toei had disney level animation at one point you retard.

Well, he's not wrong. Horus has good animation, but it's hardly a powerhouse of "animated motion".

Thanks, It took a damn while to make so I appreciate it.

Yeah what, 40-60 years ago? Makes me wonder why they couldn't keep that quality going, when Disney has been managing to do it since 1937.

Horror visuals seems like a really unnecessary category because there's so little that can even fit there.

Disney keeps going because it has more money and influence than most countries.

Only because you're a retard that compares their weekly TV shit to movies.

>Horus has good animation, but it's hardly a powerhouse of "animated motion".
Yes, but he is still wrong because he dismiss all of it "regardless of what time period it was made in". The fact that he can say shit like that proves that he doesn't even know what's he talking about.

And he flat out admit that he hasn't even watched entry level movies like Mononoke. So he's still wrong and full of shit even if there are indeed better movies to be placed on the chart.

I think so too, horror isn't exactly something anime excels at in general so even the best of it isn't really that noteworthy.

This is lovely, thanks user!

>Yeah what, 40-60 years ago?
And? That just means that it set a bar too high to top.

>Makes me wonder why they couldn't keep that quality going, when Disney has been managing to do it since 1937.
Because using CG models is easier than having to have a bunch of animators meticulously animate the type of stuff they used to do. Why bother putting in all that effort when the the typical audience aren't going to care about all the technical intricacies anyway. And for current Disney, it's even easier to simply acquire other established properties and live off those Marvel and Star Wars bucks. With all that options available, keeping that level quality isn't the pragmatic choice.

>And he flat out admit that he hasn't even watched entry level movies like Mononoke.
Oh my god, are you FUCKING retarded? I was talking about the series that TOEI made, Mononoke, not Princess Mononoke, you fucking retard.

And I literally said if TLNP is good, then that's fucking cool. But we are talking about having a spot on the animated motion category. A movie made in '68 is not, no matter how good it is or how much money was put into it, going to have better motion than a movie made in '09 that was meticuously worked on for a period of 7 years to make it completely hand-drawn, when about half of the movie is in constant motion. I mean, are you serious right now?

I haven't seen Log Horizon yet, I am missing anything important?

I do have to ask even though it's not really a delinquent manga, why is GTO not on the list or that prequel manga for GTO?

I assume it's because there's not that much delinquent content and Onizuka isn't an adult not a teen.

Good choreography, far from fluid animation.

>I mean, are you serious right now?
I could ask the same for you.

>Mononoke
Ok, I messed up on that one, but you know what? It doesn't change the argument all that much, surprisingly enough. Mononoke is also entry level so I'm going to mock you just the same for daring to talk shit even though you haven't watched it. Keep back peddling your position.

> A movie made in '68 is not, no matter how good it is or how much money was put into it, going to have better motion than a movie made in '09 that was meticuously worked on for a period of 7 years to make it completely hand-drawn, when about half of the movie is in constant motion
Yeap, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You've done it again, you're making baseless assumption again. So, are YOU fucking retarded?

>Oh my god, are you FUCKING retarded? I was talking about the series that TOEI made, Mononoke, not Princess Mononoke, you fucking retard.

Not the guy you're yelling at but if you say "Mononoke" and "movie" in the same sentence many people will think of the more well known "Princess Mononoke". Maybe try not to come off like such an asshole next time ok? OK!

Both prequel manga for GTO are on the list, check again, maybe you expected them to be towards the top? They're a bit lower really. As for GTO it's simply not a delinquent manga in my eyes.

He was explicitly talking about Toei when he referred to Mononoke. Don't get angry because you can't even read.

Faggot, fucking Deen and JC Staff have made great stuff in the past. And Kyousougiga is good.

>but I have had too much bad experience to ever think Toei Animation
Sounds more like the problem is on your end. People who aren't new or have low powerlevel already knew that Toei can churn out good stuff when they're not going the easy route of just going for the younger audience/selling toys and merch route. Learn how to filter the shit. Yes, Toei is notorious for QUALITY, but dismissing all of their works is a major rookie mistake.

Ah ya the prequel is on there and no I wasn't really expecting it to be higher just missed it. Also I didn't think GTO would really be on there as I said it's really not a full on delinquent manga.

So are you going to do any other genres? I'd love to see another list that's not a genre commonly found outside of Japan.

No, I wasn't. Like said, the context was movies. And again, it doesn't the argument. You're still talking shit about it even when you've got a flawed understanding of it.

You're the only one getting angry here friend maybe you should go do something else for an hour and cool down ok? You're taking these stylish nippon animated shows a bit to seriously.

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about? Please, show me why TLNP deserves a spot over Redline. Show me some webms in action of how good its animated motion is, because that's what it's contending for. Because if I say, look it up on the Sakuga booru, I can find 72 different examples of Redline's superiority. But if I type in TLNP, or even its original name or japanese name, I can't find jack shit. So please, explain to me why I'm so wrong.

No it fucking wasn't, you mong. Like I was explicitly talking about Toei. Why would I bring up fucking PM? I would call it Princess Mononoke in that regard, not just Mononoke.

Then find another medium, I guess?

>You're taking these stylish nippon animated shows a bit to seriously.
user, take your own advice. The current bullshit happened because you blew your top first. And there are different people calling you out on it no matter how much you don't want to believe it. The other guy is right, the discussion wouldn't have gotten this heated if you weren't being such an ass in the first place.

Nigga, learn to read. The first time Mononoke was mentioned in this thread was in this post: which was specifically talking about Toei and replying to a post specifically about Toei. I'm not even that guy, I just find it ridiculous that, among the various stupid things he has said, you'd shit on him for a mistake someone else made

May I suggest you go Netflix and chill with some quality American sitcoms or dramas? Perhaps some Friends or CSI Miami?

Oh look, you're shifting the argument again. You know what, yes, you're right. You've won this argument. Good job.

>putting grimgar on a visual excel list of any kind after all that QUALITY
nah, i dont give a fuck how much you liked the scenery, that's bullshit
I'm not even gonna look over the rest of the list but I'm sure there's a lot more garbage on there