True or false: Madoka wasn't relevant to anything in the long run

True or false: Madoka wasn't relevant to anything in the long run.

Other urls found in this thread:

tirat.hatenablog.jp/entry/2016/05/02/170111
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

False.

The millions of people who don't seem to care about Madoka now as indicated by this thread's lack of replies seem to scream True

Pretty much.
Madoka was litterally nothing more than a plot device to give Homura- the true MC- a motivation to get herself fucked up over and over

I think we're talking about the series here.

False

Did Madokami survive?

Rebellion is not canon.

I've been refusing to watch Rebellion, is it as bad as I assumed?

Answer me this question first: Are you a homufag(sexual)?

It is pretty terrible.
But watch it to make your own opinion.

Those panties are too generic for a God.

Comedy Gold

Panties are as good as ass they are on. And Madoka has perfect ass.

Sure, but I don't want her ruined for me either

She was relevant to my dick.

I don't think Rebellion has ever ruined Homura to a Homufag. You'll love it. She's the MC and the movie is hers.

I want to eat out that ass. Madoka smells like strawberries in my mind. Her ass shouldn't be different.

I don't know but I liked it and I want to hug all the girls and for them all to be happy. I just want everyone to be happy.

I enjoyed it.

False and gay

So what exactly has Madoka inspired in a lasting manner in Japanese anime?

Essentially nothing. It's a good show and extremely popular but nothing it did was groundbreaking.

>first : relevant to "anything"
>now : in japanese anime
Why do you change your question?

Ok, So what exactly has Madoka inspired in a lasting manner in anything?

Rebellion is good. It has a few more flaws than the series, but some people prefer the ending over (even though it's a cliffhanger/sequel bait). Others will claim Rebellion "ruined Homura's character." Those people are retarded. That being said, the "Homura did nothing wrong" meme shouldn't be taken unironically. It's controversial but it adds depth to the series in a way that makes it more appreciable.

>Others will claim Rebellion "ruined Homura's character." Those people are retarded.

Why are they retarded? Maybe complexity and characters going from good to evil and the like isn't worth how unnatural the development feels to them.

Well, the current year, 5 years from the show. People still make Madoka fanfics and doujins. Isn't that enough? You want to talk about something in future?

I was thinking more like Eva-level influences where it can be seen inspiring new shows and the like rather than just self contained fan communities specifically devoted to Madoka. A good amount of series that did well and were well liked still have fanfics and doujins, but their impact is contained.

>the witches were the best part of the show
yes or no?

>going from good to evil
She goes from light gray to dark gray. I'll admit that it could have been more fleshed out, but considering the circumstances, it's a very reasonable progression of her character. There could have been more substance to it, but given the explanations present, it's not difficult to understand Homura's mindset.

True or false: Rebellion Homura is the satire Homura fans created in their minds after watching the show due to hyperbolic exaggeration of her existing character.

I don't think so at all. I for one didn't like their artsy appearance, nor their inability to interact beyond just KILLKILLKILL. It sort of ruins them as antagonists. The good part of Madoka is the characters' struggles and sorrows.

>a madoka thread with actual discussion
I haven't seen one of these in a long time, damn.

Why didn't Homura evacuated Madoka and her family and just nuked Walpurgisnacht? It would have been for the greater good.

Akemi and ACK are not shitting up the thread. The trips are at minimal levels. Threads like this are rare.

No, Homura was the best part.
The most interesting part of the witches are looking at their imagery and symbolism and taking that as introspection into the psychology of the magical girls they once were. They're representative of their own despair.
False. Rebellion Homura is still chaste and not nearly as violent as fan depictions.

>Homura was the best part
Rebellion's Homura was pure trash and completely ruined Madoka.

Only delusional homufags as yourself think otherwise

Getting a nuke ready to detonate in a month isn't exactly easy, even with time-stop. Not to mention that Kyubey would be running around the whole time trying to get Madoka to accept the contract.

I see. The question included "anything" anyway, my answer is valid only to it.

As you said, Eva inspired, affected some later shows obviously, Rahxephon for example. But is there really no show affected or inspired by Madoka? I need to think about it. Or maybe other anons can do.

She only needed to hijack a nuclear sub stationed in Japan.

Now magical girls can die peacefully.

Yes,
I'm a sucker for both cool monster designs and trippy visuals; and the witch scenes had both. It's a shame we'll probably never see any more new ones.

Or people who can actually interpret literature beyond a superficial level.

Chill down, bro. Tell me where Homura touched you.

But she did manage to get those SAM Batteries. I don't think it would be difficult for her to steal a nuke.

>you will never see Itzli animated
>you will never see the cute sewing one animated
>you will never see Ophelia or Candeloro animated
why even live?

Even if she could, (does the US even station nuclear subs near Japan?) she wouldn't be able to arm a nuke.

Homura wasn't evil. She wanted to try to save Madoka at any cost? Yeah. Would she sacrifice a whole city for that? I don't think so. Maybe after the 500th time she went back, if she didn't became a witch before.

>she wouldn't be able to arm a nuke.

Magic.

Anti-ship missiles, actually-- and it was truck mounted. Nukes would be under far tighter security, and even if she got her hands on an actual device, it would be impossible to detonate without codes.

You know, there is always a plan B.

>Homura goes back in time
>go to Madoka's house
>she goes in
>take care of Sayaka
>then she grab Madoka
>she goes over to Kyouko's place
>grab Kyouko
>go to Kazamino and wait for all of this to blow over

Dubious, but even if worked that way, that doesn't solve the Kyubey problem.

>it would be impossible to detonate without codes.

She's a magical girl. She armed the anti-ship missiles using magic(They glowed).

I'm fairly convinced she doesn't need actual codes to arm a nuke using magic.

The problem is that nobody would believe her.

I didn't specify when exactly. She could do this right after Sayaka turned into a witch.

>Homura goes back in time
>go to Madoka's place
>grab Madoka
>go to subway station
>they go in
>take care of Sayaka
>then she head over to Kyouko's place
>grab Kyouko
>go back to Kazamino
>have a nice cup of tea and wait for all of this to blow over

Where's Mami?

Where do you think they got that cup of tea?

Why do they have to get Mami?

Good point.

Yeah. Magicals girls should stick together. They shouldn't go alone.

reminder that Kreimheild Gretchen the big cagey dress thing is a separate witch from the split mask one; which is described as the "witch of despair" that will swallow the galaxy.

Source: tirat.hatenablog.jp/entry/2016/05/02/170111
even comes with KG's familiars.

False. Madoka is still top contender for anime of the decade. It will be remembered

You're so wrong. Jesus.

Madoka is a top contender for anime of the century.

>century
*millennium

they mean the character. but yeah youre right

That's a funny way to spell "All existence".

I mean, yeah, I would argue that Madoka wasn't even the main character of her own anime (Homura was for sure) but she was still important. Being a secondary character and even being a plot device doesn't negate her importance.

All those who think that homura is the mc are retarded. She was co-mc with madoka for the last few episodes and that's it. Everything before that centered around madoka and the others.

She is mc of rebellion though.

Eva didn't just spawn some copies, it redefined the entire industry. It's arguable that nearly every show made since has been influenced by it. Madoka hasn't had that sort of influence.

I want to stop posting in Madoka threads.

The entire story is about Madoka. The whole point of everything is developing her character to the point where she makes her wish. The only purpose any of the other characters' stories served was how Madoka experienced them and what she took away from them.

No, you're not going to get Madoka inspired anime for one reason: What is there to take from Madoka? Other than the idealogy of how the world may work (which isn't original in itself). The thing is, a lot of people and inspiring writers are lazy and rather take ideas from Haruhi Suzumiya or SAO instead. That is why a lot of recent anime has quick to retort tsukkomi males or are isekais.

As for why don't they make anime series with serious magical girls? Honestly, a lot of the fans who are into "serious" grim stuff would rather write something like Black Bullet or Akame Ga Kill. Or fans of magical girls would rather write stuff where they don't get seriously hurt.

Madoka was a gamble. This kind of show can only be attempted once. No one is going to be fooled again.

Cease to stop on every thread, that includes Sup Forums

>Or fans of magical girls would rather write stuff where they don't get seriously hurt.

Bah ahahah!

No, you don't understand. We fans of mahou shoujo love the genre because it has superior characterization to anything else in anime. Having full on tragedy on top of that is naturally even better. I don't care for your Nanohas and Madokas in general because the writing in them is cardboard.

>This kind of show can only be attempted once

Yuki Yuna, though??
It drew obvious inspiration from Madoka, and in a lot of ways I feel like it did it better. (Not to shit on Madoka - it's a paragon of the genre, I just feel like YuYuYu made me care about the characters more which I really appreciate.) I also haven't read it yet but I heard Cardcaptor Sakura was darker, too.
The point is, the "grim" magical girl archetype has no problems existing well outside of Madoka. I don't think anyone cares if they're "fooled" or not.

Madoka is highly relevant to my boner.

I wouldn't like PreCure so much if it had over the top tragedy.

Sakura Miki is the only person to actually have a character arc.

>I also haven't read it yet but I heard Cardcaptor Sakura was darker, too.

Really.

She had everyone feeling blue.

Why does she wears the mask?

People like you used to be jailed back in the day.

False, my Homura has yet to develop a flat chest complex or become a professional panty thief.

Please stab yourself in the throat, !Akemi.

!Akemi made the thread for the sole purpose of crack shitposting. ACK is not real.

Homura will never develop that as she is more fixated on Madoka.

False. She actually has the most power out of all of them.

Homura is still mostly the same character. All Rebellion did was push her from wanting to protect Madoka at "almost" all costs, to wanting to protect Madoka at all costs, even if she has to defy Madoka's own wishes to do it.

As long as she destroys the incubators everyone should be good.

True.

Urobuchi is a talentless hack that MALfags jack off to.

>I also haven't read it yet but I heard Cardcaptor Sakura was darker, too.

Contrarians keep saying this about CCS, Sailor Moon, Nanoha or literally any older Mahou Shoujo because they think any of those shows being dark discredits Madoka.

I've watched all of those, and while they can have serious themes at times, they're nothing like Madoka. Not that being dark automatically makes something good.

What is going on with that right leg?

Maybe that leg hurts.

Here's your you

Was homura a draw ?

It's better than everything.

Hey, everyone. Why do you guys still post in Madoka threads? What have you come here for?

Madoka was more on screen than the rest.

Remembering it and it affecting other shows and such are two different things though.

Kyubey is a QT! And he will save the universe with all the energy he gathered!

Destroy the incubator.