come to this one its the one the mods dont want you to see

このスレは最高のスレだ

コチラは良いスレ

じゃなくて -ボラット

いいえ、良いスレでした。

3位が良いなら良いでやんすよね

いち

一番でしたったらロヰなんじゃ

I haven't done my reps in weeks. I'm struggling too hard at reading leyline. Someone cheer me up.

Did you read something easy like Yotsuba before heading into leyline?

I haven't done my reps in a year. I don't even have my Anki decks anymore.

post hanzi grids

Anyone know how I can limit the number of example sentences, and get rid of the romanji reading in the EPWING mode of Rikaisama?
More specifically, I don't want all that shit to be imported into anki.

I know of the RegEx box in Rikaisama, but I have no idea how to use it.

whats the advantages of using anki as opposed to just going to japan

Its free.

Yeah yotsuba literally feels harder. I also tried hanahira and flyable heart. The only thing I have that feels easier than leyline is zettei reiki or whatever it's called, the one where the dude moves into the apartment with a ghost loli.

If it helps I'm literally autistic and acquire grammar just by seeing it like twice if it's i+1. It's my only advantage here. I have a shit short term memory so anki is a chore and I have a really hard time with real memorization, like learning vocabulary.

What dictionary are you using? It depends on that.

Rikaisama is lacking the specific functionality to do what you want to do *correctly* (for example, the common J-E dictionary has multiple terms per term, and you can't exclude all extra definitions of such extra terms with the per-line regular expression that rikaisama allows you) but you can get really close so you only have to edit like 1 in 20 or so cards.

Anki's purpose is to increase acquisition of stuff you don't see all the time.

Going to Japan increases the rate you see everything, but there will still be many things you don't see all the time.

>Yeah yotsuba literally feels harder
This really shouldn't be the case, I wonder as to your reading comprehension. Yotsuba is definitely easier.

It's because I can't texthook it so I have a really hard time looking up words. There's no other reason. I know it's easier actual language.

>What dictionary are you using?
研究社 新和英大辞典 第5版
Though the standard JMdict is fine if its possible to add example sentences.
>tfw spend more time fucking with Rikaisama than actually reading

Rikaisama's docs (hard to find without google, not being sarcastic) have an example regex based exactly on that dictionary. Here: >Same screenshot as above, but using a regular expression "\n[・▲◧◨].+|ローマ.+|\〔.+?\〕|\n.+? .+" to remove the example sentences:

It has furigana, you should easily be able to type the words into Jisho and look them up that way. If you can't, this might indicate your kana comprehension is lacking.

>"\n[・▲◧◨].+|ローマ.+|\〔.+?\〕|\n.+? .+"
That definitely cleaned it up a lot. Thanks.

Why not use something like Kanjitomo then?

Kana aren't the problem, my short term memory is the problem. I have to look up anything I don't know every single time. Frequently I have to look up the same word multiple times in the same sentence.

kanjitomo basically doesn't work dude it's only worth the effort of convincing it to pick up on shit correctly if you can't use stroke drawing lookup like anyone that's been studying for more than a month can fampai

its because you dont use what you look up you just look at it and move on

shocking i know

>闇鍋
>stew prepared from ingredients contributed by members of a party, and eaten in the dark for fun
>eaten in the dark for fun

怖い

Yeah like how am I supposed to use it? I make text files, forget they're there, forget where they are, forget to put in the definitions, waste time doing all sorts of trivial crap just trying to keep track of the words I'm looking up. That doesn't make the manga any less difficult at all. It's not like the number of words you have to look up when reading yotsuba is penetrable. I can skim it and have a good idea about how the characters are communicating because of grammar structures and random common words, but that's it. That's not comprehension. To actually comprehend it I have to look up all the words in a sentence and remember them all when reading the sentence. If I puzzle it out by translating segments into english and using those as mnemonics for the actual japanese, it's not natural and nothing sticks. My memory disability is a serious problem and it's not like that particular problem is going to be significantly helped by random armchair advice from anonymous people.

Is it possible to change the dictionary rikai uses?

You can make it use EPWING dictionaries. EPWING isn't a very general purpose friendly format though, so it's kludgy.

>tfw you realize you have shit short term memory

The obvious solution is to not be a retard

Today I did Anki for 32 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 3 hours and 34 minutes.

if you learn well you can set your minimum intervals to two days instead of one days

this is very dangerous though
tbf it seems like he's just autistic and this is a random thing he has minor trouble with

i'm sure he made his post so long as a self deprecating joke and it's not really that bad

you have to try real real hard if you want to learn japanese by proxy

short term memory can be trained but its usually fairly shit by nature

you talk about remembering things a lot but never using them yourself and instead just ask how

to which i respond again with you have to try real real hard if you want to learn japanese by proxy

heres a track to describe the struggle i see in these threads

youtube.com/watch?v=q4EiBFUpFXg

But jamal my brain is picture related

>forcing myself to read so that I can read about my waifu
>see her name
>she's finally being introduced
>warm feeling in my tummy

no its not dude youre just in a negative feedback loop

think about the classic definition of insanity and stop doing the things that dont work and try something else

just try everything you can and settle for nothing less than achieving your goal

Who are you quoting?

Why do you think I said yotsuba was hard when someone asked me why I was reading leyline

What are you guys reading?

just fucked a 36 year old christmas cake in Tokyo lads, I made it

just farted on a 36 year old christmas cake in Tokyo lads, I made it

just ate a 36 year old christmas cake in Tokyo lads, I made it

just sold a 36 year old christmas cake in Tokyo lads, I made it

there is a fundamental difference between the two and its not that only one of those can be text hooked

just shitted a 36 year old christmas cake in Tokyo lads, I made it

hahaha enjoy your memes you virgins I got cute girls to bang

trust me when i say i believe that you had sex for the first time in your life on a sunday morning and are posting on the internet about it

>tfw it took over 8 hours just to get to the 3rd chapter

I can hear the footsteps of the できない creeping up on me

>he thinks it was my first time
oh, sweet summer child

Sure is for me. I read leyline significantly faster with a lot less stress than yotsuba. Leyline still being hard shows that yotsuba isn't a good idea for me.

how many VNs have you completed before?
and how many chapters are there in total?

you sure post like it is

Anyone have any idea why the Japanese Text Analysis tool isn't generating word frequency reports?
I have a bunch of txt LNs off the guide and all the settings are left at default.

The Kanji frequency and Readability Frequency work just fine.

it's checked off incorrectly

I think there are 12 chapters but I'm not sure. Either way, it apparently takes even native readers over 50+ hours so I'm expecting to put in over 100+ hours easily.

And this is actually the first VN I'm attempting to read.

that art looks like dogshit

good, it will remind you of your family and social life

Pretty sure its checked correctly.

wait till you get to the game playing part lol

id normally throw a much like your posting in here but i kind of agree

delete this

Anne Happy Volume 6

Meant to quote

forum.koohii.com/thread-9459-post-220227.html#pid220227
It's a problem with dotnet. Try the workaround in this link.

>ボク
なにそれ
Why the fuck are all my captias in Italian now

あたしと勝負して
あんたが勝ったら、あたしの処女をあげる
あんたが負けたら、あたしの処女を奪ってもらう

Thanks m8.
Worked like a charm

Most people here only seem to talk about untranslated VNs but how many of you read untranslated LNs? Which ones are you reading?

VNs are like LNs except you have voice acting, music, sex scenes, and better art/writing.

I'm reading 星空のメモリア, just got to this scene. I've been wanting to read it ever since it came out in early 2009 but I never got the motivation or guts to tackle it seriously until recently.

Also I know it's already translated but that won't stop me. I don't want to read translated VNs anymore, the translations are never good enough.

Well yes but that wasn't my point.

lns blow generally the last one i read was haruchika

untranslated web novels now thats where you want to be

Also turns out I have shit reading comprehension, but whatever.

Sometimes I try to form simple sentences in Japanese, and despite studying for years, I can't do it. Today I was trying to figure out how to say "This is my first time speaking Japanese" or something similar.

これは初めての日本語の話です。
This is my first Japanese conversation.
俺は日本語で話すことがない。
I have never spoken Japanese before.

Are either of these correct? It took me over 5 minutes to write them.

I'm reading girl who don't wear pantsu to school

it's moe

ここは毎日の英語スレの?
this is a pen
どうだった
Nice idea,thank you

俺の嫁を二度と侮辱するな

Thanks, I updated core6000.neocities.org/dojg/ to use the optimized tables.

英語ペラペラじゃないか

Why do waitresses say になります after what they are serving?

Like, I order tea and they bring it to me and say "お茶になります". It will become tea? That doesn't make any sense lady.

have you ever considered asking them

I can't speak to females.

>talking to girls

faggot

>mining 100+ new words per day
>reviews tomorrow are 700 and approaching the inevitable 1000+ reviews per day
I'm going fucking insane. The abyss is staring back at me. I'm loving it.

haha yeah i get stoked as hell for shit loads of flash cards too what a rush

cant you just
not do all your mined cards the same day
idk

I lose the significance of the context I read the words in that way. I like to do them when they're fresh in my mind so it sticks better.

but it shows how much better youre doing than everyone else when you post your anki statsheet after doing a thousand flash cards or whatever

Then just don't mine every word you see. You only really need to mine the ones with weird pronunciations anyway since you'll pick most of the rest up naturally.

I'm sorry. I just don't want to hear any of you anymore. So fucking annoying. 死ね