Accel World

I just watched the first two episodes of this and I'm really liking it so far. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20130918045400/http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Accel_World:Volume_10_Author_Notes
dreadfuldecoding.blogspot.com/p/sao-x-mahouka-crossover.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6H_0O80AeOs
youtube.com/watch?v=P2LtCHAjlXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I loved it honestly. Great story.

Wasn't a big fan of the second half, but overall really enjoyed the show.

It was 3/5

It's Kawahara's good work that gets completely forgotten because of the shitfest that's SAO.

The chick on the motorcycle should have been the MC

I thought the whole "Power in the real world" to be horseshit, but otherwise I enjoyed it. The wait for the S2 is killing me though.

Really enjoyed it, the concept was engaging and fun, and the villains were fantastic. Still get shivers seeing Haru grow his wings for the first time, or watching the death of Dusk Taker.

I wish this show would have outperformed Sword Art Online, because the only reason it didn't get a second season is because SAO had better sales. It's fucking retarded, since the concept of unique characters and being able to "stop time" and shit is so much better than "U DIE IN GAME U DIE 4 REEEL." Haru also isn't a gary stu.

>he still thinks they are two separate stories

Didn't he confirm that Accel World is the future of SAO?

I never argued that they weren't from the same universe. That doesn't make SAO any less of an unappealing shitfest. By any metric, AW has to take place at least 20 years if not longer after SAO.

What makes the two series different are their characters. In that sense, they are completely different stories.

Same universe. Two different stories.

>BUT MC IS FAT/SHORT
Pretty meh overall, mc is as gary stu as sao in getting power up and girls orbiting his dick.

why couldn't this be more popular than SAO? Because the author decided to go as far away from a MC like Kirito as possible?

Girls orbit his dick, but he's not nearly as Gary Stu as Kirito. He loses several times in the beginning of the series, and has to undergo training to become stronger.

Compare this to Kirito who not only naturally gains all his power, but is never really put in much of a predicament.

If anything, the Kings that surround him are more powerful than he is.

It was great. Not as good as SAO but still damn good. OST is superior but that was mostly because Sunrose literally went overkill with three different composers when onoken was more than enough.

It's pretty good. S2 would be even better if they ever got around to it.

But no, idol-shit sells more.

It was marginally better than SOA. Doesn't mean much though.

Literally the only decent character in the entire shitshow.

>suicide attack a fat kid and a girl for getting me in trouble at school
he doesn't even look liek he enjoyed school desu.

>Compare this to Kirito who not only naturally gains all his power, but is never really put in much of a predicament.

Oh look, a secondary
>Watch your best friend die, get your arm cut off and be put in a coma for 6 months

Also, Haru gets things served to him on a Silver (no pun intended) platter too

>4 much more experienced Burst Linkers could do nothing against The Disaster, then Haru pulls The Destiny out because "he believes". Also Saffron Blossom's cyber-ghost helps them from inside The Disaster to save Taku, where the fuck was she when Rain had to put down her own parent?

Lets just say both characters are sues and leave it at that

>implying being autistic enough to go through progressive is something to be proud of
Everyone who dies in SAO either comes back to life or was literally inserted into the plot to die. His arm's cut off, but then it comes back. He goes into a coma, but it's fine because he gets better.

None of these incidents happen due to anything he does or doesn't do. Chubby's probably more of a Gary Stu than I give him credit for being, to be fair. I'm fine with all of Kawahara's works being shit, but I was able to at least unironically enjoy AW, which is far more than I can say of SAO.

>Talk about Alicization
>he thinks its Progressive

Sasuga secondary

Loved it myself.

>resorting to crappy CSI comparisons when it's confirmed by the author that they're set in the same universe

Fuck off.

>tfw kirito is such a gary stu that he literally invents the Neuro Linker, making Accel World possible

I get why the main character's design bothers some people but I'm fine with it.

Action scenes are decent. But aside from that the show is a mess. The main characters are kids between the ages of 12-14, and yet they can have this fucking much drama going on in their social lives? It's ridiculous. MC is a whiney fat sack of shit who doesn't get any less whiney throughout the entire series. People often give shit to harem protags because all the girls fall for him because "he's nice" but the fat sack of shit in Accel World isn't even nice, but still gets dfc-senpai fawning all over him.

Cut out all the stupid drama, make the characters older and make MC maybe not likeable, but at least somewhat relatable (i.e., not a complaining depressed 12 year old sack of shit), and the show could be good.

Yeah, pretty much that.
The only thing "worse" in AW is that it doesn't have a cool looking gary stu MC. And because of that SAO is wildly popular while this is not. Says much about SAO fandom.

The author has actually outright denied the speculation on a few occasions, and avoided the question on others.
Fans managed to work him down from "They're completely different universes" down to "maybe I'll connect them if I resolve some issues with the timeline", all the way to "Kirito and Asuna are NOT Kuroyukihime's parents".

>Progressive
Oh silly you...

>Everyone who dies in SAO
>either comes back to life
>or was literally inserted into the plot to die
But then, you can also say that about any and all characters that die in a story, because that's how literature works. A writer tends to plan out how a character lives and dies, unless he's an autist writing a story without planning anything in advance.

I miss this show.

Did anyone read the 3rd or4th manga of AW on this board?!
Cause manga confirms that it's set in the same universe and even has Mc fight that ends in a draw...

Disgusting pigshit

>Cause manga confirms that it's set in the same universe
The "Versus" story was also in the novel Accel World novel of Volume 10 or so.

Here is an archive of the translation of the Author Words at the end of Volume 10:
web.archive.org/web/20130918045400/http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Accel_World:Volume_10_Author_Notes

>The story this time had the conjecture of SAO protagonist Kirito-shi during a play «caused by a parallel world interference of a quantum computer» and so as the explanation on this SS carnival, please read and enjoy.

Basically the explanation for the MC fight still says that it was a parallel world.
If you want to consider the SAO x AW crossover canon, then you'll also have to consider SAO x Mahouka crossover canon, where Kirito fights Tatsuya.
dreadfuldecoding.blogspot.com/p/sao-x-mahouka-crossover.html

Other then the fact that Taku is a gigantic cuck, the show is good.

Need that image showing Suguha + Recon = Taku
The suffering is literally genetic.

Surprisingly good considering who the author is.

Buried treasure

It's just as bad as SAO.

Sounds like it didn't fit your personal preferences

I had ten times the drama in my life at 5 years old than these kids do. Their problems aren't a big deal.

How much of this ended up getting translated? I only have bits and pieces.

I enjoyed watching it. The first half is kinda mediocre but the second half (with Noumi) is pretty good.

Way better than SAO.

Imagine if Piggy was an ikemen and Kuroyukihime was the fat one.

It would be hilarious.

>46 posts
>ctrl-f "sao"
>19 hits
Guys pls

Its 2nd OP is so good.

youtube.com/watch?v=6H_0O80AeOs

>"Kirito and Asuna are NOT Kuroyukihime's parents"

That poor man got bullied hard. And yes they are

KYH is 10/10 and best reason to get into AW.

MC isn't bad as some people make him out to me. He develops and actually has a backbone. Pretty admirable when he mans up for KYH.

Reminder that Kirito is KYH's mentor, not her dad.

The entire OST is pretty fucking sex.

youtube.com/watch?v=P2LtCHAjlXY