Why does anybody even care about SHAFT and kyoani anymore?

Why does anybody even care about SHAFT and kyoani anymore?

Last good Kyoani series was Haruhi which was over a decade ago, and last good SHAFT anime was Madoka 5 years ago.

White Fox has released 2 blockbusters in the last 5 years with Steins;Gate and Re:Zero and steadily releases other quality shows like The Devil is a Part Timer, Jormungand, and Katanagatari. Why haven't we hailed our new overlords yet?

>White Fox
>even comparable to KinoAni

White Fox doesn't release pure moeshit, that's why.

>White fox

Because PA Works is better.

Kyoani isn't even better than SHAFT let alone White Fox.

White Fox girls aren't cute enough. The only reason the gochiusas are cute is because Koi drew them that way to begin with.

They are on their way to the top user, chill.

They made two top-tier waifus with re:zero alone. I think they got the ropes of the trade now.

So OP hasn't watched anything done by Kyoani since Haruhi.

Nice to know.

White Fox is solid. Leave them the fuck out of your studio war bullshit.

Emilia is cute but boring, Rem has a great personality but a shit design YEAH I SAID IT.

Rem and Kurisu are 5x better than the waifu material anything Kyoanus has produced ever

>Kino

Their next show sure looks great faggot.

That's fine user but let's not turn this into a waifu war, they both are cute independent of who is my favorite.

>shit zero
>blockbuster

>sub 10k sales
>blockbuster

Ironic that you posted one of the few shows by Kyoani that I HAVE watched since K-on, and was complete shit.

I stopped bothering with Kyoani since Tamako Market which finally destroyed any lingering faith I had in the studio.

>was complete shit

You do realize Hyouka is a pleb filter right? It's like BvS, only people with little experience in the medium hate it.

You can't neglect the importance of background waifus though

Most of what KyoAni has done in the last 5 years has ranged from bad to uninspired, but Hyouka and Euphonium are good shows.

Why are the kyoani vs. shaft-circlerjerkers trying to pull white fox in their silly fake studio-war threads? Can't they simply keep it purely shaft-vs-kyoani?

Why do people post these autistic threads? Why do people reply to them?

sage

The only thing more pretentious than hyouka are the people who try to defend it.

It was just "Average" enough for me to drudge through the entire thing without dropping, but I don't pay attention to studio's who produce mediocre content like Hyouko, K-On, and Chuni.

Haruhi was legitimately amazing and Nichijou was at least good and Clannad did some pretty interesting things in the second season. Everything after that though has been entirely forgettable.

Same boring animations designs, no ambitious content. Kyoani is a has-been, just accept it.

It's not even done yet, sales are already good, and the best is yet to come. Re:Zero is touching all the bases. LN sales are gonna go through the roof.

White Fox is actually better than both of them though. SHAFT is still milking monogatari and Madoka for all it's worth, but has yet to find a replacement once the money stops rolling it. White Fox has been milking Steins;Gate, but with Re:Zero, they'll be fine for years to come.

K-On is literally a genre-defining work and achieves something special regardless of your opinion of the value of SoL.

To be a blockbuster needs to reach SAO levels, anything lower is overrated mediocrity.

In about two seasons nobody's gonna talk about r:0.
The only show they've made that keeps having threads in a daily basis is GochiUsa, and guess what? It's the same thing people shit on KyoAni all the time, the moeshit. Funny how their most talked show on Sup Forums is 'moeshit'

But forget about if their shows has lots of threads, you know what's the real problem here? Most of the people who talks about those shows doesn't care about the studio behind them, probably they even don't know the name of the studio.

This doesn't happens in the case of KyoAni/Shaft.
Be it shit, be it a masterpiece or be it an average show, people can distinguish the studio that's making a particular show, because they have a distinctive style, which you might like or not, that doesn't matter.

So no, there's still a long, long loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way for not only WF but for any other studio to achieve the status that KyoAni/Shaft has.

Kyoani vs SHAFT is a meme. A-1 destroys any studio that isn't Sunrise or Toei.

Do you think the forced animation meme came from nowhere? Kino are probably the best studio on a technical level. But they seem to have killed off all creative minds in the process. It's one sleep inducing show after after another.

Even so, K-On came out in 2010. Since then, Madoka, Steins;Gate, Re:Zero, and a bunch of Monogatari sequels have all come out.

Kyoani is used goods. Still trying to use the K-On animation for every anime they've ever made after. They've lost all creativity they ever had.

>Jormungand
>quality show
It's fucking trash mate, what are you on about?

>it's a fan of another studio is jealous of Kyoani again thread

It will. SAO will fall just like Index did.

Is this Yui or Ritsu? Because I can't tell since Kyoani as used cookie cutter character designs since 2010.

>being this autistic you can't recognize anime characters with exaggerated characteristics

Holy shit everything they say about Kyoani haters is true you guys are a sorry pathetic bunch of losers

Shitdex was never as big as SAO though.

Say that to my face fucker and not online

>A-1 destroys any studio that isn't Sunrise or Toei

Only in terms of output. A1's too inconsistent to judge. One season they're making Asterisk and the next season they're making QUALITY Code.

Both of them aren't White fox properties unlike majority of girl from Kyoani shows in recent years.

*girls

Index was literally the pioneer in showing the financial potential of the LN industry. Fuck off you bitch ass faggot, I would fite you irl.

Are you forgetting all of the other LN adaptations that occurred way before Index? The Slayers is an easy one to remember. Heck, Haruhi is another, more contemporary example.

Autism;Gateway was basically reddit: the anime, you goddamn faggot.

Index is the One Piece of LNs

Maybe in length, don't think so in sales.

>he thinks original character designs is all that matters

I don't watch gochiusa but every time i see a random image of it i was stunned by how well the colors are done in them.

It passed 10K already.

>Your lie in April
>Erased
>Working!!
>SAO
>Aldnoah.Zero
>Silver Spoon
>Magi
>Servant x Service
>Tsuritama
>Space Brothers
>Uta no Price
>Blue Exorcist
>Saekano

That's just the last 5 years. A-1 Fucking dominates the industry both in quality AND quantity.

>Denpa Kyoushi
>Qualidea Code
>Gunslinger Stratos

There's way too much variation in their production quality. With other studios like Kyoani and even White Fox, their quality is generally consistent, but with A1 you just pray they think the work is profitable.

A rare A-1 fanboy appeared. Or maybe it's just bait.

He didn't even pick Nanatsu no Taizai.

>Have a ton of animators working in a sweatshop
>With above average budget
>Spam every anime season with 3-4 series, hit or miss releases.
A-1 is like that whore who does good services for a cheap price. But she's still a whore after all.

A-1 is shit

But what do you guys think about A-2?

Reeeee: 0 isn't even on the same level of a KyoAni or Shaft heavy weights. It's a meme show that I happen to enjoy, but it's watching some sperg getting his comeuppance for being a supreme gentleman. There's nothing deeper than that. There aren't any characters memorable for their writing. I won't remember after it's over outside of memes.

All of which were only only popular AFTER an anime adaptation. Index was a cash cow before it was adapted.

God-tier.

>MCA
nice joke

Re:Zero isn't even done yet. It's a huge topic of discussion both among Japanese fans and foreign anime fans. Stalker stopped tracking BD sales before the show even went in to full gear, and it was already doing well before that.

I can say with absolute confidence it's gonna be a financial gold mine.

>ViVid

Literally irrelevant noname studio. Well maybe they make quality adaptations but the original is always shit (all the shows you listed except hataraku) which makes it all pointless.
Reeee zero didn't even sell good.

Hardly surprising, the adaptation couldn't keep its shit together by the end.

SHAFT is a joke my friend.

I mean, they make some entertaining shows, but they can't go out of their comfort zone. They just love remaking the same thing over and over again. Hell, half of their shows have the exact same lead male VA, same personality too.

Kyoani is good. Can't wait to see KnK.

White fox is ok. Don't see how they're special. I'd put them in the same tier as Dogakobo, outside of a gem every once in a while they just make "ok" shows

>He hasn't watched Hibike Euphonium and Kizumonogatari yet

Will A-2 ever stop being Aniplex slaves?

Really? I didn't notice anything wrong.

Trolling about shows aside, White Fox is one of the better studios out there. Not quite enough to be my favorite but I respect them.

>Reddit:Zero
>Blockbuster
>Will sell less than Chuu2 or Mekaku City Actors

Where did all the SHAFT fans disappear too?

>Why haven't we hailed our new overlords yet?
Because SEASON 2 NEVER

I'd rather not have one, things get quite stale in the LN.

Sure, the LNs will sell and the anime will be your typical LN commercial. No one doubts that. I'm saying no one will give a shit about the anime in a season or two outside of Subaru's autism. 18 episodes and Subaru has yet to grow and Rem is the closest thing to a fleshed out character. Puck and the cat boi are more entertaining than the entire human cast.

On the otherhand, Madoka, Monogatari, Kon, and Haruhi had memorable characters with defining moments beyond "MC is a sperg who can revive" within the first few episodes. We're not talking about LN sale, we're talking about the quality of an anime.

Katanagatari is their GOAT

doga kobo = the new kyoani

white fox = the new shaft

thoughts?

Katanagatari is best Gatari. SHAFT fans get fucked.

>pretending that RE:Zero is anything other than SAO-tier trash.

Because Silver Link is better.

>pretentious
>I can't defend my opinion so I will instead use buzzwords

What does it have that NNB didn't? Other than the bog-standard suburban setting.

A-1 forfeited their right to exist when they produced SAO.

Silver Link=new Sunrise.

>God tier
Kinema Citrus
Dogokoba
Manglobe (RIP)
Gainax

>Good tier
Silver Link
Kyoto Animation
J.C.Staff
Shaft
Madhouse

>Sometimes good tier
White Fox
Brains Base
Trigger
Sunrise
Bones
P.A Works
Wit Studio

>Shit tier
A-1
Diomedea

>Steins;Gate and Re:Zero
It's shit.

I'm really looking forward to White Fox's original next season.

I really hate KyoAni, but not for the usual reasons.
I hate them because they have such skilled direction and animation but all they make is garbage. What a fucking waste.

It's their fault for falling for the evil Kadokawa meme.

Kyoani is shit. It's just an Sup Forums meme to pretend they're good.

That's a rabbit desu

bait

How can shit fox compete?

Re:Zero is genuine garbage.

White Fox are just a lame studio without any real sense of identity or style. They'll never be well known outside of morons like the OP, who think Re:Zero is a great anime.

WOW WHITE FOX IS FUCKING BASED

>Katanagatari
>It's a promising studio with decent budget and they're faithful to the source material
>S;G
>Finally an excellent and memorable VN-adaptation
>Jormungand
>What was that, but still
>Maou-sama
>A shit
>all the rest
>cancer (yes, even Re:Zero)

People talk about KyoAni and SHAFT all the time because it's the only two studios idiots know off hand. Well, maybe Toei and Sunrise too, but a lot of other studios fall by the wayside in peoples' minds.

I'm the kinda guy who likes a lot of different studios, though. White Fox, A-1 Pictures, hell, I think 8bit's doing a bang-up job with rewrite this season.

>not mentioning akame ga kill
KEK
>Reddit:Zero
>good
LMAO

I know this is bait but

>Re:Zero
>blockbuster
>Hataraku, Jormungand
>quality shows

Silver Link, Dogakobo and PA Works are far better. White Fox is on the mid-lower tier next to A-1 and Lindt.

>releases other quality shows

Quality doesn't sell, waifu-bait does

wtf i hate white fox now