In honor of the Olympics, what's your favorite sports related anime?

In honor of the Olympics, what's your favorite sports related anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K41Gks0Jur8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ping Pong is pretty good

Daiya no Ace. Literally the only good one

Mahjong

Eyeshield is the only correct answer.
Haikyuu is good as well.

Either Ping Pong or Initial D.

Karuta

Anime
>Ping Pong
>One Outs
>Initial D

Manga
>Ashita no Joe
>Slam Dunk
>Giant Killing
>Cross Game
>Rookies

boku no pico

>tfw the greatest more patrician sport still has no anime
Ice hockey anime when?

Best sports protag of the last five years

prove me wrong

Certainly the most fuckable.

As a former collegiate swimmer I wish Free! wasn't so homosexual. It definitely isn't like that at all.

who else saw japs BTFO Americans?

I won't argue. He's my favorite of recent sports protagonists.

>In honor of the Olympics,
Real life sports are shit, though.

Fattie detected

>who else saw japs BTFO Americans?
This is obviously foreshadowing for what's to come once Abe gets Japan's military back
I can't wait for the Amerifat butthurt, payback finally

Ping Pong is so good

Inazuma 11

I like playing sports but watching them is just boring in my opinion.

You clearly haven't seen Days yet

I'm willing to bet that most of Sup Forums hasn't seen this.

The boys aren't cure, that's the point?

>better than Furuya in literally every way now
>still stuck being a relief pitcher
>entire story is about him having to save the day after Furuya fucks everything up
>Furuya still gets all the glory for everything

It was good when Sawamura was the underdog trying to catch up but it really went to shit when they are trying to also make Furuya the underdog at the same time.

Sepak takraw anime when?

Miyuki isn't sports.

Obviously Free!

Japan got rekt in Judo though

I liked Ace of Diamond, but the anime lost steam after Chris arc and was too shounen for me.

Shame that GO went downhill. Level 5 didn't even localized the go galaxy games.

I believe in Kyoani

Adachi is a hack

Cross Game

I just want to see loli basketball on Olympics

OLM is underrated studio indeed. Since they mostly only do Kids anime.

Utena cause there is no fencing anime.

Oofuri.

Everyone a qt.

read it you plebeian

What a fun ride

>not including the original autist

Yowamushi pedal is the whole reason I bothered to turn on the Olympics today. I was actually following the mens road race, I was even pissed when they switched to swimming in the middle of the downhill sprint.

Not the best, but Captain Tsubasa still is my favorite.

Galaxy is coming.

NEVER EVER.

I automatically stop watching any sports anime that uses buzzwords like "willpower" or "team/fighting spirit" or "friendship" as a reason for why a team won. It's boring. I mean, I might let a show get away with it once just to be fair, but that card should never be played multiple times.

In that rare show that mainly focuses on the game's actual interesting aspects, such as strategy, technique, mind games, that sort of thing, that sort of show is often a blast to watch, because you get solid reasoning as to why a team or a person deserved to win.

Wait, people watch sport anime for the sport?

Girls und Panzer

Who is the best anime athlete*?

*not counting fake sports like boxing

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Oniisama

Ooikawa is the best when it comes to dick-sucking contests.

I watch sports anime for the dumb shit like this

i don't watch sports anime full of dudes, that's gay

I usually hate sports anime but somehow loved Haikyuu, so that's my pick. It actually made me realize volleyball wasn't just a meme sport.

Prince of Stride is the only sports anime I've watched and it was pretty gay and boring.
The parkour concept was good but the episodes were too fujoshit and repetitive after the first episode.

And you can see how they used all the money for animation on the first match because in the following ones it's pretty dull and slow.

What is a meme sport?

Sepak Takraw

>Otome

They tried to pander to the fujo fanbase to spice things up, but it lacked of spark.

>this entire thread
>no ippo
faggots, the lot of you

youtube.com/watch?v=K41Gks0Jur8

excuse the shitty subtitles/shit on the screen, seems like nothing but foreigners upload the first OP

You posted him.

Baseball : Oofuri
Soccer: Ginga e Kickoff

Kuroko no Basuke was alright, even though some of the 'talents' were beyond ridiculous. It made me hate basketball a bit less.

Tbqh it's like the only decent sports anime I've ever watched. Should give Ping Pong and Haikyuu a try.

Kuroko was one of the worst sports anime I've seen. I fucking hate PoT shit where they just dumb everything down to powerlevels and special moves.

>liking fujosports

I want to watch this but I don't want people to know I'm a shotacon.

Initial D isn;t even a proper sports anime you retards

Don't worry. We won't tell anybody.

>Not liking fujosports

>not playing basketball in space zone mode

Dropped.

The concept and everything was pretty good until the superpowers got out of control. Also the idea of the zone was interesting the first time, but then it became a huge bullshit asspull because they used it all the damn time, and how did they counter this? By going "deeper into the zone". Come on.

then why did that pig copper give me a ticket when I went drifting to eurobeat with my carfu?

Slam Dunk, no contest

Straight sport anime are disgusting.

I first saw the Kagami vs Aomine match as a separate clip, and I thought the glowing eyes were just there as a stylistic choice. It was pretty lame to later find out that it was actually THE ZONE

>Ashita no Joe in manga category
isn't anime good too? I was planning to watch it.

Top tier manga
Shit sport

>I first saw the Kagami vs Aomine match as a separate clip, and I thought the glowing eyes were just there as a stylistic choice. It was pretty lame to later find out that it was actually THE ZONE

*part of the Kagami vs Aomine match
The whole match is like several episodes long

Where did you find english scans of battery?

They don't exist.
Some user got the manga and posts translated scans sometimes.

I really hope it's not what you posted.

The first NTR I ever read.

I personally feel like the ridiculous dbz powerlevel elements are part of what makes knb so fun. Of course it's dumb, but it's a visual spectacle that's entertainingly dumb. The same goes for yowamushi pedal and the weird visual metaphors it pulls. (Not that I don't enjoy the more normal sports anime.)

Fuck, I really wanted to read it.

DBZ sports manga can be entertaining if you know what you're getting into.

>Countless Aoto feet doujin on exhentai
>No translation

The sports anime that's leagues above all other sports anime

Are there even any decent ice hockey manga? I tried reading Supinamarada but it had only a few translated chapters.

Are you excited?

Maybe

>Russian Fairy

Giant Killing
One Outs
Slam Dunk
Ookiku Furikabutte
Nasu:Summer in Andalusia
Nasu:A Migratory Bird with a Suitcase

I was still fine with 'the zone', but when they introduced Emperor's Eye and The Zone 2.0 they went too far. And the scenes where they talked for minutes during the game while holding the ball were dumb too. I don't know much about bb but isn't there a time limit to holding the ball in your hands when the clock is running?

I like Slam Dunk as a basketball fan but Hajime no Ippo was the best in the original run. But it just got old because it never ended.