Is Gintama a series worth getting into?

Is Gintama a series worth getting into?

It seems like Sup Forums never discusses it

Yeah, skip the first two chapters and enjoy. It starts a little slow but it only gets better, and trust me, it gets better and better.

>It seems like Sup Forums never discusses it

Which is strange, even with the last season and weekly chapters.

No it's shit.

Sup Forums often discusses it.

And yes, it's a big time investment but if you end up liking it, it just gets funnier and more enjoyable over time.

Follow the 50 episodes rule. It gets better.

Not unless you like the absolute bottom of the barrel comedy.

you have to watch 8654854 episodes before liking it; so no, it isn't worthy.

It's a bit of a slow burn. Might take you a while to warm up to it. However, they payoff is worth it. One of the best comedy manga/anime jump's ever put out, up there with Sexy Commando Gaiden and Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan.

It's hit or miss. Some love it, some hate it. The problem is that most jokes are intended for the nip audience, so they rely on you knowing some japanese history, culture or even the names of TV celebrities. There are usually TL notes but even if you understand the joke, it's not funny.
Still, other jokes are about the characters and their personalities, but it takes to to get to know them all, so that's why people say it gets better by the later chapters.
There are serious arcs that, while not very different to other battle anime, are such a break from the norm that they are generally regarded as the best arcs.
Also, even if you find it funny, not every chapter may make you laugh. I know that there are some chapters which I found a pain to get through.
So yeah, it's good.

it's fun, but you like it or you don't.

It's MAL's favorite anime, so no

>looking up MAL fav. anime
>caring about what some other people think
fucking hipster

>being this new

You are both retards.

Sokihei M.D. Geist (装鬼兵MDガイスト, Sokihei M.D. Gaisuto?) is an anime and manga about a post-apocalyptic world. The series is extremely violent, often depicting graphic scenes of human dismemberment and evisceration.

Geist (the main character) is MD-02, a Most Dangerous Soldier, genetically engineered to function as a killing machine, but every one of the MDS units went homicidally insane. As a result Geist was placed in suspended animation in a stasis pod orbiting the planet Jerra until it crashed several years later, awakening him and bringing him into another war on the planet.

M.D. Geist was originally released in Japan by Nippon Columbia and re-released under the Denon label. It was released in the U.S. by Central Park Media in 1992; two years prior, the company used Geist as the logo for their mainstream anime label U.S. Manga Corps. Curiosity by fans over U.S. Manga Corps' logo boosted domestic sales of the OVA and prompted Central Park Media to collaborate with co-creator Koichi Ohata in producing a sequel. In 1996, Central Park Media released M.D. Geist - Director's Cut, featuring roughly five minutes of additional footage - including a new introduction and epilogue that paved the way for the sequel. Months later, CPM released M.D. Geist II: Death Force. In addition, the company commissioned Ohata and American artist Tim Eldred to illustrate the comic book adaptation.

In the United States, the Sci Fi Channel premiered M.D. Geist I and II during their Ani-Monday block at midnight E.S.T. September 29 and October 6, 2008 respectively. Following the closure of Central Park Media, M.D. Geist was re-licensed by ADV Films and will be re-released on DVD on July 2009.[1]

overrated shit
I wish they subbed kochikame rather than bothering with this piece of unfunny shit

What's there to discuss about it? It's not really the kind of series that lends itself to discussion about its setting or other story elements. It's a comedy.

Watch it

It's got Sugita being Sugita

Sup Forums doesn't discuss it because Sup Forums doesn't want it tainted by a bunch of fucking idiots
Gintama is patrician tier

I'd rather watch battle tendency for that
Literally 9gag tier humor

I did it, Gin-chan.