Is shyness a sickness?

Is shyness a sickness?

No it's a personality trait.

No it isn't.

It's not even a personality trait, you can find many ways of expression that contradict your shyness.

No, it's a lack of experience.

shyness=anxiety? Or is there a meaningful difference, can you be shy without having anxiety?

No. The oppisite are socioaths. And they're like lemmings, cuz they have zero fear or shame at all. See e.g. hitlery clinton

Shyness is a type of anxiety.

Extroverts explaining introverts is funny. Do go on.

Why is this subject so overlooked? Shyness can ruin your life.

Just because a lot of introverts are shy, doesn't mean shyness is inherent to introversion.

If you're shy enough for it to ruin your life, then you have no life. Anyone who is shy of people gets exellent results from exposure therapy. Just go out and force yourself to interact with people and your shyness will be gone in no time.

its genetic... dealt with it my whole life.. ive learned to deal with it now and not give a fuck

Not really because it goes away as you get more accustomed to being around others in many cases. It could be an asset as far as developing certain skills. No it's not a sickness.

>interact with people

You can't.

You can.

You have to slowly but surely keep increasing the amount of interaction you have with others to improve. It's uncomfortable and you're gonna fuck up a lot but its gets better quicker than you think.

I was always pretty shy and never thought of it as a mental illness or genetics or anything. I just had a somewhat weird childhood

Does anyone else feel less shy/anxiety since coming to Sup Forums? I just view people as bluepilled normies now.

No but it is a disorder.

Shyness/Anxiety is a deficiency of certain chemicals in the brain like GABA - basically the opposite of being drunk

I never thought about it like that but I think Sup Forums made me observe other people's behavior more which helped improve my own social skills

I’m more cuz idgaf about people, like it isn’t worth talking to them

> →
ElsaGate central

If you don't give a fuck about people then you shouldn't care about what they think of you

It is not like turning yourself into an extrovert person, but helping yourself to be able to speak in large groups. There are workshops which can help you develop such skill. You won't become a born leader, but at least, you won't act like a 10yo weird kid.

what if you dont give a fuck about people but you do give a fuck about what you are and you know you are not what you want to be and this is the true source of your anguish and nearly every situation seems to expose this