Girls und cancer

Why the fuck do people like this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/czqcag.webm
a.pomf.cat/iywtbm.webm
a.pomf.cat/xquelu.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Girls 40%, Tanks 60% (Even if it's arcade shit)

Because it's great you piece of shit.

Please explain what is so great about it.

Why don't you watch it and make your own opinions you retarded faggot

I think he just wanted to understand why since he's already seen it and he wants to further analyze.

animeme

I watched it, that is the problem.

Cute girls and tank battles. I mean, I'm not a fan but I can see how others like it.

It has like 50 best girls, and tanks. Also spin-offs that are cool as fuck, a great 4-koma series, a damn good movie. It's a miracle of a franchise.

The moe aspects are underdeveloped (like most of the girls), and the tank battles makes me rip my hair off.

fluffy hair

Is the suspension of disbelief while watching it seriously too difficult for you?

A very large cast of characters with unique personalities and fast-paced tank battling, complete with a fluffy girl sperging out over military hardware stats.

This is basically /ak/'s wet dream, and /ak/ doesn't have many other shows to get wet over.

>girls and fluffy hair
>argument

If I wan't unrealistic fun I would watch mecha anime. The only appeal of tanks would be their connection to this world and GUP removes.

>A very large cast of characters with unique personalities
They are the same character with different quirks. Come on, now.

want*

Well if you can't have fun with it because you're too busy complaining about realism in fucking anime then you're beyond saving.

You have your answer though: most people enjoy GuP because the girls are cute and because they're not stupid enough to need to take it seriously.

I don't think you quite grasp how fluffy it is.

I personally don't take it seriously but why watch ridiculous tanks when you can watch ridiculous mechs.

People were expecting k-on with talking about tanks between tea and cakes.
Instead we got a well executed 'scrappy team wins the tournament' story with a diverse, likeable cast and actually really great tank battles.

bad CG

Because some people, myself included prefer ridiculous tanks to ridiculous mechs. I've never particularly liked or been interested in mecha anime but I've liked tanks since I was a kid building Airfix models.

The sheer quantity is the selling point here. Even if they're not too deeply fleshed out, there are plenty to choose from. Most shows can't afford to support this many characters, which is a big part of GuP's popularity.

I don't really think it is that different from "most shows". It is just that they mixed the shallow characters and odd quirks with tanks and otakus flocked at it.

The show has a basic underdog story about proving worth to older sibling. The cast has little to no personality other than stereotypes, and the tank battles drag on like crazy, with a lot of inconsistencies.

Again, "most shows" can't pull off what GuP did, due to how expensive it is to pay all the voice actors in the cast. Shallow characters are fine in this sort of show, considering its essentially a sports drama for people who like tanks more than sports. It's not as if they were producing a psychological thriller. There was no necessity to deeply develop the characters, no serious mental traumas to expose, no need for crazy twists. The show did well by keeping the side characters simple, while giving the main characters their own internal conflicts to develop through.

It has very well animated, splendidly directed tank battles without being hindered by portraying real combat (it's sports anime). Music is great, there is no real story besides the most basic sports stuff and characters are one-dimensional but it doesn't need that anyway.

GuP CG is actually good. It's not trying to be cheap 2D and fully embraces the advantages of 3D by having cameras with lots of motion and pans as well as longer cuts with many tanks in the shot at once.

True, but I wouldn't mind a show with derpy hand-drawn tanks.

But then we wouldn't have all the nice details like the wheel suspensions when they move over rough terrain or such. The tanks are pretty charming by themselves, with Rosehip's Crusader being the absolute cutest, moving back and forth in every scene and drifting full speed past every curve.

i remember watching that.
the show was fucking donkey balls shit.

>tanks
jeez

Socially retarded world war 2 fetishists. There are quite a lot of them.

First you need to explain why you hate it. That's how discussions work you faggot.

Because it´s a boring moe show, with no characterization, long battles that drag on, and a plot that makes Mars of destruction look good?

People watch if for the battles.

Cute girls
Tanks

What is there not to like?

>cute girls
>tanks
what is there to like?

Only a major faggot would ask such a question. Enjoy your aids.

Because you dont like it.

Nothing really. Mediocre CGI battles(only slightly better than Berserk2016 CGI mind you), large cast of mostly forgettable characters, a movie that actually boosted it enough for nips to pick it up so it continued for little to no reason other than CGDCT in tanks.

People that got into it in the beginning have Stockholm Syndrome now and can no longer leave because there is nothing else for them to watch that's like it. Extremely generic slice of life+moe anime made for consumption by the masses.

Ok so i can skip it. Thanks

Are you gay?

Nope. it's 80% tank battle+20% moe.

Moeshit really

GuP has best battle sequence among all anime.

All the girls are pretty great, the OST and sound design is fantastic, tanks in general are cool and the action scenes are also fairly exciting.

The only bad thing is /u/shits bleeding over into the Sup Forums discussion threads.

t. socially retarded American football fetishist

Better than 99% manimeshit though.

Only if you are a virgin manchild

Everybody in this thread is either missing or ignoring one of the most important elements of GuP: the absurdist humor.

I don't want to get into a whole thing about metamodernism here, but suffice it to say that GuP combines not taking itself seriously at all with taking itself very seriously in a way that is completely pitch-perfect. All of the characters are very intentionally simple stereotypes, they're all either caricatures or walking gags. Both Hana (delicate feminine) and Saori (motherly feminine) for example are designed solely to juxtapose femininity with tank warfare. Yukari is a self-deprecating caricature of the creators themselves, etc. The girls from the other nation schools are just constructs of assorted stereotypes, in the most blatantly intentional manner. Every character in the show is constructed purely as a gag, but here's the thing: they're also lovingly handled.

The point is that the creators of GuP are very aware of how ridiculous all of this is, and they know how ridiculous they themselves are, but they also love it, and take it very seriously. Take for example the sequence in the first episode where all the girls swoon over the propaganda film about tanks. Nothing sums up the show better. That scene was hilarious in such a highly conceptual way, and it perfectly communicates to the audience that they're supposed to not take this seriously while also taking it seriously.

The Doujins are great

Forgot pic

80% shitty tank battle

or maybe the characters are just lazy, and you try to sound clever by making shit sound shiny.

This guy has it down to a science

Is this thread a cheap excuse to post panzer webms?
a.pomf.cat/czqcag.webm

>somewhere in the world
>there are people
>that unironically enjoy watching this and can tell all those moeblobs apart

>I wish people would stop having fun around me

>a plot that makes Mars of destruction look good?
Such needless exaggeration. It's a surprise no one's called you out for baiting.

I don't think that's how physics work.

All manimefags are virgin though

Better than any shounen battle though

there's no ramp...

Yes user.

Yeah, i gotta agree with that.

God this movie was over the top. I'm not sure I loved it as much as the series but it was definitely an experience.

Ahaha it's great because it's super serious one minute and completely ridiculous the next!

a.pomf.cat/iywtbm.webm

>tags: tank, insertion, NTR

If I had read my ridiculous post without having seen the show I would probably think the same thing. To see what I'm talking about I'd encourage you to rewatch the show while thinking about all of the different levels of parody which are going on. Watch the scene where Hana tells her mother that she wants to continue seshado because it will help her to arrange flowers "with more vigor" and then consider which is more likely: that the writer intended that scene to be taken totally seriously, or that it's a piece of absurd comedy. Could they have chosen anything that would've more starkly contrasted tank combat or looked more ridiculous in juxtaposition?

Anyway, I don't expect you to actually do that of course. I wouldn't do it. I guess the point I'm making is that I like GuP for two primary reasons: the badass tank battles, and the self-aware sense of humor about the whole thing.

>GuP
>super serious
>ever
Even the "serious" moments are always ridiculous. That's why it's so enjoyable.

>people
Don't lump us in with them.

/thread

I don't typically like too many cute girls doing cute things but it was a lot of fun. Much like Upotte was.

At least it has far better sounds than "CLANG"
a.pomf.cat/xquelu.webm

Here your (you) but you need to trow more buzzwords next time.

>10 meters apart
>firing rate of 60 RPM
>manage to miss every shot
I need to watch this, I've been too serious lately

Because it's good

no

You must be gay.

yes

Because i don´t like underage girls riding tanks. You must be pedophilic.

no

>>>tumblr

Yes

Who are you then?

It's never serious. How retarded can you be?

no

yes

no

yes

No you fucking faggpt

no

FUCKING CHEATS. DRIFTING PERSHINGS CHEATS.

I expected a bit more of it story-wise but the wonderful tankery made up for it.