What does Sup Forums think of the various WTC series?

What does Sup Forums think of the various WTC series?

(Anime, manga, etc)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IDma4A6A3Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=DBsJZm6qFOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

VN is god-tier
Manga is okay
Anime is shit

WITCHES AREN'T REAL

Just a meme series. Move on.

Posting best Seacat.

I want to deito Lucifer.

Higurashi's VN is maybe the best in the genre Outbreak is the worst part though

Higurashi's Manga's alright.

Higurashi's Anime's first season is shit, the second season is slightly better.

Umineko as a VN has an unrivaled OST and is a decent murder mystery. But the writing, characters, themes and ending are very inferior to Higurashi in basically every way.

Umineko's one season anime is terrible.

Umineko's Manga is okay, but basically removes the reason to play the VN, and destroys and subtlety Umineko had going for it. Which is basically all it has going for it.

The Higurashi Visual Novel is one of the few things in the world that can briefly trick me into thinking life is worth living.

This exactly.

There's basically a WTC general on /jp/. It's a Umuneko thread but anything WTC goes

Though not perfect I think the Higurashi Anime is atleast servicable unlike Umineko

イツパーフェクト

I don't think there's any other viable candidates for best seacat

Who is best Cicada and why is it Rena?

>rena

The best

>not even the best sister

Close, but no

Best Girls of their respective series

I think they were pretty good, shame what ZnT did to them.

For those who can read nip, how are the PS2-only arcs of Higurashi? Been thinking of reading them once my Japanese gets better.

Erika is mai waifu

Erika fanatics truly are the scum of this fanbase

I saw the Higurashi anime and really liked it. But the one thing stopping me from getting into the visual novels proprely is the fear that I'm going to get jerked around by event Flags like I did in fate/stay.

When Try Cry are all kinetic novels, there are no choices.

Huh did not know that. I guess I'll pick them up then. Is the same true for umineko?

Umineko has one choice in it towards the end, otherwise completely kinetic.

Mostly with the exception of one choice at the very end

Yes.

Read Higurashi through completely before doing Umineko though

good memes.

Every thread until we reach the Golden Land.

youtube.com/watch?v=IDma4A6A3Bc

There's only two choices in Higurashi. Both of them are in the 7th episode and neither really has any effect on the overall plot.

>very inferior to Higurashi
higurashi is bad in comparison to umineko, too much kids play shit sol

>not liking slice of life

HO boy user, looks like you have some wrong opinions.

Ryukishi07 literally said that his writing style is SoL followed by murders. He just went fucking nuts in Umineko, and basically went overboard on...well everything.

Spoilers ahead: The meta is the game is convoluted, the mystery is filled with unreliable narrators, and the final solution of Yasu/Beatrice/Shkanon is pretty shallow. Quite literally "The butler did it". The Meta stuff going essentially haywire can be traced to BT's death during the writing for Chapter 5, and it really shows. In the end, we got something which tries to go for a mystery, but it ends up hilariously stupid. To the point where the author ran out of things to say and went for a post-modern 'make your own truth' because he couldn't untie himself.

That was just an overview of the basic premise that makes Umineko worse. If you go right down to it, the sheer quality of writing for Umineko is worse then Higurashi.

>Ryukishi07 literally said that his writing style is SoL followed by murders
i'm fine with this, umineko had sol that was intriguing and kept my interest while in higurashi it felt like a chore to go through sol also adult cast > kids

Uh-huh. I know it's you, OP. Why don't you just let your pitiful thread and your shitty opinion die in peace?

>he thinks he actually spent time with the adults

That was all Beatrice's delusions. They are all dead from the moment you started playing. Any development for them is wasted. Wonder if Rosa ever truly valued Maria? Well she never will now because she's been a corpse since you knew her. In Higurashi, the characters progressed, in Umineko they did nothing, because they are all dead.

I want to fuck Lambdadelta!

>he thinks it's fun to spend few hours reading about how kids play games

>What does Sup Forums think of the various Well Tempered Clavier series?
Bach is pretty good .

Well now your not even trying

>HO boy user
kill yourself autist

higurashi got about 1 month before all the shit start happen
umineko only got FUCKING 2 DAYS for u to save everything

I rest my case

The manga is an interesting experience because you watch the artist learn and get to know the character designs over and over.
5 started out horrid and became spectacular.
I wish the artist for 3 had done 4.

She's not even cute, how can anyone like this girl?

Personallity

The only thing remotely cute about her personality is desperation

Exactly.

Made for bullying

You know it's true

I'm not even denying it.

Still objectively the smartest character in the entire series.
Managed to get far closer to uncovering the truth in 2 episodes than battler did in 4.

And? She's still a whiny bitch who can't keep a boyfriend.

Dumb erikaposter.

Every loli is garbage.
It's nothing against lolis in general.

Just this specific shitty brand.

If I want to review ep 1-4 should I go for the anime or the manga?

She only couldn't keep a boyfriend after realizing that pussy, specifically inquisitor pussy, is superior. Without love you can't see user.

I rate them 9/11

Don't you dare try and pair Dlanor with that cunt

>Rena
Well, she is admittedly the mascot of R07 and of Higurashi

Rika is my favourite character.
But Rena is my waifu.
I don't know who to consider best girl.

Higurashi is significantly better than Umineko although Umineko episodes 2 and 3 were phenomenal. It's just too inconsistent, especially with episodes 6 and 8.

Rika, obviously.
A waifu transcends a favorite character. With love, you only see the good attributes, therefore, you do not love Rika and consider her your favorite character. And by that standard, she is the best, it's simply that you love Rena.

I love Umineko, but Higurashi feels like it has more breathing room since the characters aren't confined to a mansion, and Umineko feels kind of pointless at times since the characters all died 30 years ago anyway. At least the Higurashi cast can go on to enjoy normal, full lives.

is it worth going through the higurashi vn if i've already watched the anime years ago? i still remember the jist of it and i'm not sure if the vn provides additional major content.

Yes, it'll feel like a completely new experience due to how much was left out in the anime.

Atleast read the manga the anime skips out too much content and ignores some of the themes.

This is just your own bias against its narrative. There's nothing inherently wrong with a story that doesn't have all the characters in a happy ending. It's not pointless, because there's still depth to the characters, and there's still a compelling story with a full structure.

So is there a complete patch that only adds in voices, but leaves the sprites the same like in this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=DBsJZm6qFOc

I've been wanting to go through Umineko again, but I have a soft spot for Ryukishi's shitty art so I don't want to replace it. But if there isn't then I don't mind going through with the full PS3 update.

I tried disabling the new sprites but then some voices got fucked up so I am going with them

No you moron, tell him to read the VN
>missing out on the music
>missing out on the first person perspective of insanity

>i still remember the jist of it and i'm not sure if the vn provides additional major content.

The Visual Novel is a vastly different experience. It is absolutely worth reading.

>This is just your own bias against its narrative.

It's not much of a bias since I do honestly love Umineko, though. There's just times where I find the structure limiting in some ways, moreso than a conventional story like Higurashi.

Dlanor would sooner fuck the Golden Witch.

Your assumption that it's pointless because all the characters died 30 years ago anyway makes it seem like you just don't like that sort of structure. My point is that like it or not, that doesn't make the story objectively pointless. It's a retrospective narrative in a sense. I think just going "it doesn't matter because they're all dead anyway" is just a really shallow position to take that ignores the merits of such a narrative.

Not him but although I think Umineko could have had merits for that kind of a narrative, in the end it did not. The story should have been about Battler (and thus the audience that he is representing in his quest for the truth) finding peace and moving on. It should have been about him accepting that his loved ones committed mass murder for money. I mean the whole point of naming the witch Beatrice was to compare the story to purgatory. When Ryu's friend died though the whole tone of the story changed to be about accepting the witch (meaning, denying the truth and living with pleasant lies that "the witch did it, my family didn't betray me"). It should have quite literally been the opposite. It should have been as it was in episode 2 and 3, a desperate attempt to solve the mystery and thus "kill" the witch. Unfortunately the ghost writer died and we got a turd instead. There is no thematic consistency between the first half of this story and the setting. Just the fact it turned from a mystery to a fantasy was absurd.

between the first half of the story and the second*

>has an unrivaled OST
It's quite good but I think Fata Morgana has probably over-taken it for me now.

Great read, by the way.

Who is this extraordinary gentlemen?

pls respond,forgot to say that it was umineko

Visual Novel, both are horrible adaptations. Although the anime is much worse

I already read it,I just want to review some stuff
I thought that anime would be the best because DESIRE

Then I'd reccomend the manga, the anime is drilled with plot holes such as battler shooting from an unloaded gun.

If you want that, read the VN with voices. The anime shaved off so much that it is in no way a good medium for reviewing the story and its depth.

>I just want to review some stuff
Reviews are boring. Make an analysis that will give me a new perspective on Umineko, and thereby showing me possibly a new perspective on life.

I am not smart enough to do that

Then don't bother.

Why do people always feel like "reviewing" this? its like the fourth time I come upon that in these threads.

Why not? Why not look back and notice things you didn't catch on the first read, or get a sense of some of the stuff you forgot and enjoy the story a second time?

Reviews have always been popular since youtube anb Ebert, plus Umineko is somewhat a popular work, so meh.
I personally think someone should review Higurashi instead of Umineko. I'm actually working on making a Higurashi analysis of how the structure of the story works to create the reader paranoia./

A review is not the same as an analysis.