It's a different timeline or such and not true reality

>it's a different timeline or such and not true reality.

>It's probably a bait and things will go down in the next ch.
Discuss

I would put my hot glue all over Othinus in a bikini

ARRRGGGHHH KANZAKI HELP ME, IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

HE JUST WON'T STOP

If this timeline has Nuit then it'll be the best timeline.

As has been stated, it's probably "Touma seed Mikoto die due to the AAA in some alternate reality and then desperately wants to protect her when he gets back to his reality, only to find her about to use AAA for some reason in the real time reality"

Buckle up for ship shitflinging

Nuit is conceptual in nature, so she would exist in all timelines if she existed at all.

How is Academy City's tech not more heat-resistant than this?
And where did Othinus get a bikini?

Also, overheated Touma is almost as hilarious as drunk Touma.
>W-wait a second, Senpai! Give me a second to analyze why I find this so hot! I want to categorize it properly!!

I kind of hope the illustrations are kinda hard to make shit up for so we don't have to 5 million fake spoilers that sound really good only for the real thing to be meh in comparison

There wouldn't be any chance at all of illustrations tonight would there?

>How is Academy City's tech not more heat-resistant than this?

I don't think it matters, since this whole scenario is looking like a red herring of sorts.

>And where did Othinus get a bikini?

Maybe from a barbie doll?

Very small chance of illustrations tonight but most likely tomorrow night

>Touma repeatedly thinks about Mikoto out of nowhere
>The enemy seems to be the kind that Mikoto could deal with but Touma has trouble with
>AC have seemingly jobbed to Element, even though what we've seen of them so far is nothing compared to a five_over, never mind AC's more experimental shit
>Other characters that could deal with Element are mysteriously absent
>Touma is shirtless 24/7
If anyone's been WR'd, it's Mikoto. I wonder how she'll get out of it, assuming it is her WR perfect world? Maybe you can leave if you reject the perfect world your given? Or maybe she'll Nuit her way out?

So some theories:

>Touma has been WR
>Touma's been rendered unconscious so he's effectively useless while others attempt carry out plans Touma would want to stop
>phase fuckery due to WR being stolen/magic gods being gone
>Othinus isn't powerless/a new magic god rose up quickly
>It's not an alternate reality at all and Aleister wants this/has Yuiitsu's WR to his throat and SHE wants this

Which one do you like best

I don't think it's Mikoto or else we would have had more focus on Tokiwadai. I don't think Mikoto would imagine other girls being so kind to Touma either. Or him getting aroused by other girls so much.

Unless Kamisato was lying/lied to about where WR sends you. Maybe WR tricks you into thinking its a happy world but once you get there it's not?

My favourite is the "We're still in NT9" theory due to the massive balls it would take for Kamachi to reveal that he'd wasted 6/7 volumes on non-canon stuff just to fuck with everyone.

Of the ones that I think might actually happen, Touma being WR'd seems like a strong contender. I'm not quite sure this is his perfect world, but maybe Kamisato lied/was decieved about what WR actually does. I can't see Aleister actually letting this happen, he still needs the facade of AC as far as we know. He'd probably be able to talk Yuiitsu into trying something on a smaller scale if she wanted this.

>Touma repeatedly thinks about Mikoto out of nowhere

I don't like the implication by the fanbase that he never gave a shit about her. Even if there's nothing romantic about it, she's an important person in his life and he's acknowledged that on numerous occasions. All his other AC friends are close by and accounted for. Of course he's going to show concern for the one friend who is absent.

>Tsuchimikado

Other females being useful/kind/attractive to Touma plus her city being fucked up and her being helpless to stop it seems like the opposite of a world that would be appealing to Mikoto. I don't see why people think this false world (if that's what this is) has anything to do with her.

Unless of course WR is a monkey's paw and interpreted "I must overcome, I must face my weaknesses and I must stand by him!" as "well I'll just throw all your insecurities at you and see what you make of it"

Or WR doesn't really send people to a place of happiness

The novel literally says the thoughts are out of nowhere and for no real reason.

That's not say he doesn't give a single fuck about her, though

Maybe she'd prefer to win Touma from other girls, rather than just have him immediately all over her? I'm not saying it fits perfectly, but I think it fits better than it being Touma's WR world.

>her being helpless to stop it
Is she helpless to stop it? Based on the two Elements we've seen so far they're in the sweet spot for something that she can protect Touma from, which is her current obsession.

If she weren't helpless to stop it, wouldn't she have cleaned up the mess by now? Sure maybe she could protect Touma from them but I don't think she'd want AC to get that bad

What, has the new volume already been released? Time fucking flies.

>I don't think Mikoto would imagine other girls being so kind to Touma either. Or him getting aroused by other girls so much.

What if Mikoto is sadist in denial?

I mean, almost all of these are excuses to hurt him/send him a lighting.

>touma getting WRed
IT would fuck up anyone trying to do that shit

A long preview has. Full novel comes out the 10th in Japan, which is the 9th in America.

Small chance of spoiler illustrations tonight, but most likely tomorrow night

If this was Mikoto's world, where is she? Why aren't we seeing her POV?

isnt she attacking him only because she thinks it wont hurt him? I dont think she ever understood that its his right hand blocking her attacks

What if it's POV in POV?

>I don't think she'd want AC to get that bad
We don't really know where she's at mentally after AAA.

It might be too obvious if we saw it from her POV? We already know that the story's going to move to Tokiwedai soon, so why not start it off like a "real" volume i.e. from Touma's perspective? Again, not saying it's totally water tight, but It's the best theory I can think of based on what we've got.

Seems like there was a theory that since all the magic gods got killed and the only remaining one is supposedly powerless, that a bunch of new, poorly made magic gods would rise up quickly to restore balances and such a thing would go badly.

Might that be what's happening here?

A very new magic god that originally wasn't on the path to godhood might not be able to control its powers.

Think about how newly made vampires are often described in western fiction

Wouldn't Ollerus be first in line?

It's entirely possible that he'd be one in this scenario. In fact it'd be better if he were so he could sort out the newbies

Isnt she attacking him only because she thinks it wont hurt him?

She hurted him a couple times with lighting. She only gets a little bit sad and quickly gets over it.

It's like people don't think that Mikoto is hurting him not only relieve negative emotions on him, but also just for fun.

Why do you think she is always messing up with delinquents?

Aleister would be more worried about stopping that instead of killing Mikoto then

This scenario could be very entertaining especially if all these new magic gods are morally good people and immediately side with the good guys after an "oops...I didn't mean to fuck up the world"

I'd want them to stay underdeveloped power wise though

Aleister may not know it's happening? Or perhaps it became apparent soon after he issued the orders to kill Mikoto

Is Touma shirtless 24/7?

Yeah, it said the temperature doesn't drop significantly at night.

Let's hope some store gets their book stock shipped early and someone sneaks one and takes pictures so we get illustration spoilers tonight

Small chance of that actually happening

>Aleister may not know it's happening?

Aleister either puts things in motion or lets things happen. The only surprises I remember him having is Hamazura defeating Mugino and Misaka using AAA.

How lewd, but do they only wear swimsuits or does he sometimes wear shorts, boxers or pants?

He also didnt know that world rejector exists. He thought dog killed all magic gods

Why couldn't that scenario be a surprise too? It is just a theory after all

Didn't think about this. There is this scenario:

>Touma gets WRed
>WR can't fully expel IB and it returns to the real world
>Touma doesn't and he no longer has IB
>IT goes on a rampage in Touma's new world, killing everyone and destroying everything
>IT eventually even destroys the dimension they were moved to
>IT rampages in the real world with a mind broken Touma along for the ride.

This is of course assuming IT and IB are two wholly different entities.

Maybe Element is a gift from Aleister. Touma did complain about his broken window in the start of winter.

Just swimming shorts so far.

Yuiitsu was also described as an "out-of-control variable". It seems WR has set off a string of dominoes that has messed with his plan. I'm not sure I buy that Mikoto only exists to form part of Aiwass' network, though, so perhaps the AAA connection was intentional.

I call bullshit on everything
>implying this isn't still nt9

>Implying Touma isn't still lying unconscious on a beach in Russia a few hours after crashing the Star of Bethlehem

>Implying he isn't still on the hospital having a dream after saving Index

Left or right?

>Implying he isn't in coma after getting beat up by Kanzaki.

>Implying blocking Styil Innocentius for the first time didn't do that

Can any of you who don't think this is NOT a false reality give any explaination as to why Aleister would allow/ want this to happen or why it would be allowed if he did not want it?

I think Element is part of keikakuman's keikaku to kill Kamisato since he doesn't know where he is.
And the heat wave is a spell from some bitch in Kamisato's harem

>Implying his fight with Mikoto at the start of Vol 1 didn't end with him in a coma, dreaming

I could, but it's spoiler.

>Implying he ever recovered from the wounds from saving Misaki and got him into a deep coma

The only reason I can think of is that this is Laura's doing. Maybe she's fighting Aleister personally, keeping him distracted from dealing with the invasion? Not sure why the rest of the board of directors don't just launch the Five_Overs in that scenario, though. Or why Accelerator/Gunha/Beetle (if he's not dead) aren't dealing with it.

It will be hilarious if Touma is shirtless in a variety of outfits, but he's also a guy so that doesn't work in his favor.

We'll see pretty soon.

>Not sure why the rest of the board of directors don't just launch the Five_Overs in that scenario, though.
Maybe they all got killed offscreen before this happened

Seems like overkill, especially since Kamisato doesn't really pose a threat to Aleister even with his harem.

It is probably not an alternate world, it is like all the other novels where Kamchi based it on a video game or trope and this is almost a walking dead trapped by monster scenario. It has just been written with the events already having happened and will probably be hand waved to say why everything wasn't restored immediately. The preview skipped 10 pages so they will probably have more information as to where other people are or what caused the current situation.

The preview skipping the Between the Lines (or whatever it is) is what's convinced me that there's going to be a big twist.

>Aleister allowed this/did it himself in hopes it'll kill Yuiitsu, who he doesn't want to fight directly because she has WR. Added bonus of possibly killing Kamisato and Mikoto, assuming he really wants them dead

>Aleister is engaged in a lengthy and personal battle and all higher ups in AC are dead

Literally the only two reasons that halfway make sense for this to be the real world and even those are weak.

It's a false reality. Deal with it

The heat is probably caused by some kind of magic.

They couldn't get the solar cooker working because the sun isn't actually the source of all the excess heat.

There's usually not a Between the Lines on prologues, though.

More proof it's an alternate reality:

Salome isn't mentioned at all

Aleister was willing to bomb its own students on a vacation to retrieve Misaka from American hands
And Kamisato was willing to make a snuff video to stop Salome
Neither of them are overkill considering their characters

10 pages are missing in the preview so it might not be a between the lines but something is missing.

It probably confirms it's an alternate reality since that's what this novel is

>Touma's shirtless, lean, smooth physique in display

This is Mikoto's dream

Just wait for the soldiers

It would not be first time that character is irrelevant after appearing in one volume

But she doesn't even get a "I don't know where she is" or a "there was Salome's warning, too..." attached to his Mikoto thoughts

>yfw Mikoto is locked in a dream state by misaki
I could have sworn that she mentioned it being theoretically possible for her to brute force through the electric defense in her volume.

There's no point if he's shirtless if something is always blocking him.

>Implying the whole series is not poor, hated kid Touma's nightmare

Maybe something happened in the flashback which explains what led to this apocalypse that made him worry about her for different reason. just a theory thought.

Nah. She would have already mind controled her with exterior if she could brute force through her defense

What about Super Hamazura?

Being forced to search for water by ITEM while Mugino blasts away the Elements near them

Having a pool party with Item and all their friends like the ninjas and Stephanie.

Called up his Russian buddies and crashed at their place while things sort themselves out in AC.

>Umidori, WORST, LO and Accel are invited too

I get the feeling that people are underestimating the dangers faced in this volume.

55C temperatures are among the hottest recorded temperatures in the populated world.

If the humidity is high enough, such temperatures are fatal.

In a nation where the highest recorded temperatures is only 40C, their infrastructure probably was never designed to handle those kinds of temperatures.

In a single night, AC went from near freezing to desert temperatures.

This could probably have been dealt with if not for the unknown number of Elements around.

From the sounds of it, 3 metres tall are the small kind and we know they can be 6 metres tall and can kill in a single hit.

Worse, they have active camoflage so good Touma was looking right at one and charged the thing and still didn't notice it until it attacked him.

Separately, both situations could be resolved without too much trouble.

But together, the heat prevents people from effectively dealing with Elements, while the Elements prevent people from maintaining the infrastructure and dealing with the heat.

I wonder if elements and that heat wave are related. Because touma said element creatures like dark and cold places, why would they change the weather to somethnig they dont like

From this indication it seems far less that Element and the heat wave are related.

It makes sense from a tactical standpoint. Jack up the heat to near fatal levels and have the one of the only bastions of comfort guarded by inexplicable monsters that appear out of nowhere. This would definitely do massive psychological damage. If you can't overcome the weapons, take down the people wielding them.

The two main issues with this plan though is the ridiculous technology wielded by the board and the higher level espers should be capable of taking down the bugs regardless of the heat. The level 5s are each considered a one man army. Unless they have to have their cores completely destroyed at a fundamental level or the level 3 Elements and up are complete fucking monsters this should have been dealt with day one.

So what bullshit is Kamachi going to pull to explain why Accelerator hasn't dealt with this yet? Even if the heat fucks with his battery, a major threat to all clones including Worst and LO should be cause enough to pull out the White Wings and start cleaning house. Hell, LO could complain a little about the heat and he would start wiping these things out in the hopes that it would bring the temperature down.

He's doing it offscreen but theres so much of them its barely noticeable

>why isn't the jobber who has literally done nothing in NT not doing anything now

Gee I don't know user

This series is never going to end, is it?

They can regenerate and only IB and the AAA can kill them for good

>the higher level espers should be capable of taking down the bugs regardless of the heat.
I'd agree if not for the serious possibility of heatstroke, their unknown but seemingly high numbers and their ability to turn completely invisible.

>the jobber who has literally done nothing in NT
What is Kakine doing right now?

Being a volleyball

Living his life as a volleyball.