Watch Kyokai no Kanata

>Watch Kyokai no Kanata
>Well this is pretty fucking awesome.
>Finish episode 4
>If the show is this good the whole way through there's no way Sup Forums would stop talking about it.
>Sup Forums almost never talks about it
>Then it hits me.

This show shits the bed after epsiode 4 and becomes Kyoani's cute paranormal teens doing cute paranormal things doesn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/sxmajy.webm
g.co/kgs/QudXic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That fucking idol episode

It was the best episode of all

Just wait until you see the shitty ending.

Episode 6 is the only bad episode.

It was the best episode.
For the rest of the series the story is nonsensical and the characters are awful.
Which is a shame since the animation, character design, choreography, etc is pretty great.

u.pomf.is/sxmajy.webm
*Wink*

It was pretty boring from beginning to end

Bakemonogatari is way more boring than this but somehow it's incredibly popular. I say somehow like I don't know it's because it's shot around the cleavage of Moneky, cat, crab, bat, bird, bee, math, snake and doll.

The song is actually good.
Mitsuko was hot. Ai was the cutest of them all.
Fuck Mirai

Monogatari is actually interesting with its mysteries and ecchi scenes

This is just another average Kyoani show, cool visuals but mediocre as fuck

Only Bake was interesting.

The rest of the series was shit because it changed to a shit director who couldn't mask trash with cool direction.

will kyoani ever have their own idol show to rival love live and imas? pic unrelated

>action
Fuck off.

Fuyukai desu

You should have been here when the show was airing. The threads were glorious!

Heaps of anons and thread speculating what future episodes will be like and conspiracy theories about the ED.

I miss those threads. ;_;

I fucking hate how they never explained how she came back or why she lost her memories. But i am sucker for happy endings so i liked how the movies finished.

>She will never show you her nudes

It's trash.

erry thread
>Youmu are created from human emotion
>Meat puppet/zombie dolls can be willed into existence
>Mirai's soul is in her blood
>Her blood went into the KnK
>The KnK went into Akkey
>Akkey now has strong emotions and her soul. Akkey can create a new Mirai
>her having memory problems is because of the nature of her "birth"

>>Meat puppet

g.co/kgs/QudXic

>people here don't have the best girl as their waifu

That's your mum

I thought it was pretty consistent from beginning to end desu.

KnK is a romance. Don't expect the action to be the main plotline.

>This show shits the bed after epsiode 4 and becomes Kyoani's cute paranormal teens doing cute paranormal things doesn't it?
No it gets darker, actually. The plot progression is not so good (it is a LN adaptation after all) but the characters are all pretty nice. The atmosphere is god-tier though and I love it just for that.

I've said this before a thousand times and I'll say it again: KnK was written 100% around the romance. Everything about the plot progression makes sense if you look at how it develops the romance between the mains. If you look at it as a purely action show where the goal is to defeat the bad guys, it's lackluster, but that just means you're watching it wrong.

well this guy gets it.

I hope Violet Evergarden makes people love Ishidate.

That's perfectly fine, but the main plot still has to make sense in its own right. It escalated from a bunch of special snowflakes to the entire world being in danger very quickly.

Like you said, if you look at it as Mirai being forced to kill Aki but Mirai sacrificing herself instead because of love it does make sense, but it still hurts the overall consistency of the show.

>watching it wrong.

Invalidated argument.

This.

I'll take it, but the way it was presented in the series made it come off as kind of a cheap asspull. Granted, it would have been infuriating if she actually stayed dead, but still. Moreover, the memory loss thing felt like a really dumb conflict for the movie.

I agree that the romance was definitely the strongest point of the show, and based on that, it's very well done. I take issue with how the entire cast outside the main couple has subpar development, and that the Spirit World Warrior Society as well as the Nase family internal politics aren't handled very well, and kind of glossed over.

Kyoani needs to do an idol anime.

They will dominate the market for idols if they dont go the shit CG route like Love Live and Idolshitter

>idolshit
No

And Hanada can fuck off with his idolshit too

Sounds like TTGL when you describe it like that.

Forced moe
Forced animation

Idols are literally the best type of show

It was borderline ok.
Mirai was annoying as fuck, black haired girl had a weird voice. I liked the cute loli though with the brown hair. Forgot all their names.
Best thing about this show was probably the idol episode. Great song.
Everything else, now that I think about it, wasn't so good. Even the brown haired loli couldn't save the show. I even dropped the movie at around 5minutes in

the last 3 or 4 episodes go pants on head retarded. The show was okay at first, had that hilarious Idol episode, but killed itself at the end.

I dont think it was that bad. It wasnt a great super series that will go down in history or anything but it was pretty enjoyable. The last couple episodes really did kinda make me just go what is this though.

Cheap plastic mould that'll be forgotten in 6 years tops

Yes. Everything was just dull. I really wanted to care (I watched the entire thing) and apart from looking very good like any new KyoAni anime it had nothing going for it, which is a shame.

I disagree. It had good characters/interactions, nice OST, subtle storytelling and a fantastic atmosphere.

>Subtle storytelling
KnK isn't trash but it isn't subtle in the slightest. Everything, even simple character interactions are usually described in explicit terms.

>I disagree. It had a good atmosphere, good characters/interactions, nice OST, subtle storytelling and a fantastic atmosphere.

The atmosphere is worth mentioning twice, don't let your autism control you user.

Subtle enough for dozens of people wondering how Mirai came back despite the show already covering the reason.

Is it subtle or are they retarded? That is the question.

That's because that isn't subtle, it's poorly explained and arguably doesn't make much sense anyways.
And besides, even if that particular bit is subtle that doesn't make the rest of the show subtle by extention.

>Watch Kyokai no Kanata
>Well this is pretty fucking awesome.

>it's poorly explained and arguably doesn't make much sense anyways.
If you have ADHD, I suppose.

Characters weren't memorable in the slightest, I can't remember any of their names (other than Mirai). Don't remember any of the OST but the ED was nice.

You're still ignoring my argument. Honestly, I don't even care about that moment. Like I said, one subtle moment at the end doesn't make the show subtle in general.

KnK didn't shit out exposition at every turn but "told" you through the visual. Hence subtle storytelling, the ending was just a natural extension of that.

The villain dude with the glasses ruined the show

Except that it does shit out exposition at every turn. They even describe character relationships and idiosyncrasies in this manner.

Best episode.

I like this!

This. The edgelord need not to exist.

Been a while since I watched the movie, but even then I didn't understand something.

Exactly what was the MC's mom?

A girl with a blood sword battling off a gears of war loli inside the mindscape of a shadow demon not pretty fucking awesome?

>Exactly what was the MC's mom?
A human?

I thought the change between SoL and actual story was what made it enjoyable.

Still one of the best Kyoani OP's.

I remember thinking that the revived Mirai was Akkey's tulpa, making it a whole different Mirai alltogether.
That sounds much better than what we got for the movie.
Dark Mirai was such a shitty idea.

the best episode desu sempai

Why don't you just finish watching it instead of procrastinating with this thread?
Don't worry about what Sup Forums thinks, have you not realised that Sup Forums is full of autistic retards? Look at what Sup Forums says as a very vague idea of the quality of the show, and never take the fact that Sup Forums isn't talking about a non-currently-airing show as a suggestion that it's bad.

And besides, Sup Forums would like it more if it was
>cute paranormal teens doing cute paranormal things

>interesting with its ecchi scenes
The lowest form of entertainment, and one you can get from any number of shows, I fail to see how this is a factor that makes Monogatari stand out.

Are you from Bizarro World? The show was liquid ass until the idol episode, then got much better once the actual plot started to happen.

The ending to the TV series was kind of a cop-out, but the movie fixes that.

The idol episode was liquid ass.

your taste is liquid ass

something looks off about the animation

Yes! A successful idol show by Kyoani would be so profitable. I worry a bit they wouldn't put enough focus on the idol side, focusing more on character interaction, but I think it could be absolutely great. The animation in Love Live dances is awful, and it has poor character presentation. Kyoani would do it so much better. I wish we'd get a Love Live by Kyoani. Everything would be better.
Yeah, and the profits. Kyoani could survive for a long time if they made a popular idol show.

It's an extended version form the BD. Parts that were in the episode are way smoother.

The movie was beautiful, but somehow I found it so boring that I needed 10 months to watch it.

Kyoani WOULD survived anyway without idol show
Idol cant really dance in general. i mean maybe a few but rest of them really dont dance well
i agree on idol show directed by kyoani would be great though.
we have enough idol shows now albeit some of them went down the drain. i would like to keep it at imas and LL only

you're right! that's exactly what we need! more idolshit!

True, but i enjoyed the ost.

Too bad the heroine has to be Mirai.

Who cares what Sup Forums thinks

but can kyoani into cgi?

An idol show isn't all about animation
Unless you have lots of big money backing up with song festivals, advertisements, high quality VAs, concerts, vidya geims, random events ie a true aidoring experience then it won't be successful

>I've said this before a thousand times and I'll say it again: KnK was written 100% around the romance [...] If you look at it as a purely action show where the goal is to defeat the bad guys, it's lackluster, but that just means you're watching it wrong.
Well, yes, but what's that got to do with Kyoukai no Kanata?

It's probably the best anime series ever made.

I liked it, but it felt like it missed a lot of good potential everywhere. And it was too short to really develop on the genre it wanted to.

Cute girls though.

howbig is her pussy

imouto is best girl

About yea big

I really really want to rub their puffy hair

Imouto and nee-san are semen demons, Hiroomi is lucky.

I want to brush Mirai's fluffy hair when it gets all tangled from fightan demons. It is such an underrated cute activity.

>kyoani
>good plot
choose one

japan was a fucking mistake

At a cost!

Should have focused on the cakes.

>monogatari killer they said

And that's modern KyoAnu's problem, they are pretentious because they assume their audience have functioning brains.

>they assume their audience have functioning brains.
I don't think that's a safe assumption to make in this day and age.