In all seriousness, why is there such a fervent fanbase that defends Kyoani?

In all seriousness, why is there such a fervent fanbase that defends Kyoani?

Yes, their technical animation skills and quality control are fantastic, and they treat their employees well. All that is great, but it doesn't mean SHIT when you've been creatively bankrupt for years and keep adapting from garbage source material.

Haruhi, Lucky Star, Clannad s2, K-On, and Nichijou were all unique, exciting, and experimental in one way or another.

Hyouka, Chuu2, Hibike? Nobody besides a self-proclaimed "Kyoani fan" would ever claim those are the height of Kyoani's creative works. Nobody has ever been like, "You know, I never much cared for Kyoani's other stuff, but [Any show post-2010] finally made me a believer."

What is it that compels you to keep defending this studio?

i not giving you a (you). but shut up

Because a healthy self-esteem is derived from being among like-minded people.
Kyoani just so happens to have a lot of people in their fanbase, so liking their stuff is a "safe" choice in sorting yourself in the social hierarchy of anime fans

Hibike made me a believer.

>but it doesn't mean SHIT when you've been creatively bankrupt for years and keep adapting from garbage source materia
But they announced VEG and that's supposed to be the only good LN they have.

They've always adapted from bad source material and made it good. Their recent shows just don't have the nostalgia factor, is all.

Because Kyo/a/ni is Sup Forums's studio and if you don't like it you need to go.

What did Hibike do that wasn't a concept that was already thoroughly explored in K-On or Your Lie in April?

I took nothing from Hibike. I saw it, and never felt there was anything it it I hadn't seen before.

I will occasionally go back and rewatch Haruhi, Clannad, and Nichijou because there's content there I can't get anywhere else. Haruhi in particular can be experienced in so many different ways.

Everything post-2010 hasn't given me any reason to go back and rewatch the shows.

Answered your own question, OP
Everything you listed basically says "they're really good at their job". They're what people should want every studio to be, regardless of whether you like their source material/ art style etc.

Also Hibike is indeed one of the better kyoanis

Hyouka is pure kino you fucking pleb

Both K-on and YLIA are completely different from Hibike.The fact that you even compared them indicates to me that you probably didn't even watch the show, just like nearly everyone who dislikes it.

>thoroughly explored in K-On or Your Lie in April
Please be joking

KinoAni a best

I addressed that point. Kyoani has long lost the creativity to make shit source material watchable.

Clannad as a VN is forgettable really, but the second anime season was good, and Haruhi, while being decent source material, was made in to a masterpiece in the adaptation.

>First season in non-chronological order
>Endless 8s
>The entirety of Dissapearance

Kyoani will never do lovably pretentious stuff like that ever again.

>K-On or Your Lie in April
Neither of these are similar to Hibike.

>In all seriousness, why is there such a fervent hatebase that attacks Kyoani?

Modern Kyoani fans only care about post K-ON shows, but never cared about the VN adaptations that made the studio famous

haruhi s1 and endless eight are hot garbage

im not going to say their stories are that great, but im not going to hold it against them when the whoie industry has a massive deficit of good story and plots.
you cant shit on them unless youre going to offer up what is better and thats the moment you start to look retarded. obviously there are a few good shows that air every year but they are the exception and not the rule. most shows are shit so it makes no sense to pile on kyoani for having uncreative plots when thats endemic to every studio, unless you are just a butthurt underaged stop liking what i dont like hater, which is always a sensible assumption.

>Nichijou
>good

>What is it that compels you to keep defending this studio?
They make good shows?

I love that the general anime community has come to consider Endless 8 a masterpiece. The thought of someone watching as it was airing time traveling and seeing modern opinions is hilarious.

Because Kyoani fans are irrational and there's so many of them. I wouldn't really have cared to shit on a mediocre series like Naruto back in its hay day if the fanbase wasn't so obnoxious and huge. I would have just ignored it.

Modern Kyoani fans are just so weirdly devoted and autistic without reason, I can't help but be facinated with why that's the case.

Sounds like a nostalgia issue.

What compels so many people to hate this studio, OP?

I think we all know they're great at what they do, fans and haters alike. Fans are fine with the trash they're currently adapting, haters shitpost and/or hope they'd get out of their comfort zone. That's about it.

>Kyoani
>technical animation skills

What the fuck

wtf I hate KyoAni now

>hope they'd get out of their comfort zone.
Kyoani "got out of their comfort zone" with Phantom World and anti-Kyoanifags still hated it.

>chatting shit

>Clanned and Nichijou fag

no fucking wonder

>I wouldn't really have cared to shit on a mediocre series like Naruto back in its hay day if the fanbase wasn't so obnoxious and huge. I would have just ignored it.
I lived through the days of Narutards just as well without going out of my way to complain about how annoying they are, and then in some illogical way attach that hate to the series itself. If you really can't help but let people on the internet posting about shit they enjoy bother you, then you should really try to improve your life by taking rope-dance classes.

Kyoani has made a masterpiece every year since 2005 except for '09
I'd say that's pretty good.

>implying K-On isn't a masterpiece

>K-On
>Not a masterpiece of the ages

Not him, but it's not.
It's good, but the real masterpiece of the series was the second season.

>the real masterpiece of the series was the second season.
My nigga

This is true.
I always think of the second season when I think of K-On!! though. Forgot about the first season for a second.

Haters gonna hate.

When will KyoAni make an aidoru show?

K-on and Hyouka are the best

>In all seriousness, why is there such a fervent fanbase that defends Kyoani?

Haruhi had the biggest amount of viewers in anime history when it aired. And a lot of KyoAni shows since have topped ratings as well.

Its defended because its so popular. Like Star Wars or Game of Thrones for the west.

To be fair, S1 is pretty much just a bog-standard 4koma adaptation, just produced a lot better than most would be. S2 is where the show really stands out and becomes a masterpiece.

The first season is still fabulous. Easily among Kyoani's best. Your implied list of masterpieces includes shows that are much worse than K-on's first season.

If people fail to realize the brilliance of Hyouka what's the point of discussing it.

They make good shows with top quality animation and we praise them for it, Sometimes the story is meh or complete shit (Chuu S2) and they get slated for it.

They are just consistent unlike 90 percent of other studios which is why they have a huge fanbase on Sup Forums and worldwide.

First season was 6/10 at best.

The first season felt like that "100% recycled material" picture come true.
To be honest I haven't seen it in a really long time, and it was one of my earlier anime, so maybe I wasn't able to appreciate the deep characters properly, but when I watched it, it felt generic and recycled.

The second season, though, is a true masterpiece, one of the greatest anime of all time.

Yeah, but none of the other studios have an overly obsessed Internet defense force like Kyoani, which is why it's so weird. I'm not even saying Kyoani is terrible, but their recent works don't come close to justifying why it has such a huge fanbase.

There are still a few SHAFT fans here and there, at one point a Gainex/Trigger fanbase, and now maybe even recently a burgeoning White Fox following, but those die pretty quickly unless the studio's release a steady stream of great shows.

The Kyoani fanbase seems more like a cult than any reasonable admiration for good anime.

Kyoani will never make anything as good as lucky star ever again.

What? Why?

I wish I knew. Everything I've seen them do is garbage.

>Your implied list
But but.

I clearly stated that I wasn't him.

You've said it well, dude

Top 5 KyoAnis:
1. Hyouka
2. Tamako Love Story
3. K-On
4. Nichijou
5. Hibike
Honorable mention: Fumoffu

I hate Kyoani because they shit on any source material that they're in charge of for the sake of pleasing Kyoanifags and Otakus. Just look at Chunnibyou and Hibike as examples. They're completely different from the source material and not in a good way.

I've never read either by the way, it's just what i've heard on reddit.

If you include TLS on a top you need to add disappearance too.

>What did Hibike do that wasn't a concept that was already thoroughly explored in K-On or Your Lie in April?

Tell a good story featuring authentic characters.

So you missed the old Kyoani, straight from Kyoto Kyoani?

>no Disappearance
denied.

>They're completely different from the source material and not in a good way.
Nobody knows a shit about those kyoani light novels.
You could be right, or you could be wrong. There will be practically nobody able to confirm what you claim or prove you wrong.

I liked Phantom World for what it was, the one before that I enjoyed by them was Nichijou.

Chunibyo's LN was complete generic trash. Rikka and Yuta's relationship was plastic as fuck. Hibike was mostly faithful to the novel.

Please never post again.

The retards who have never read their LNs but still claim that they butchered them are something else.

Just like Hollywood turning books, comics and video games into films, they have to change things in order to market their product to a wider audience.

I watched it when it was airing, saw every single episode, and I still admire them for it.

Just the sheer fact that they were willing to troll their entire fanbase for a risky creative statement was amazing. Watching the loop finally break for the first time after 2 months of real time was the equivalent of shooting a load after holding it in for so long as built up frustration was instantly converted in to pure ecstasy just to put the audience in the same mindset that Yuki had to have had that caused her to malfunction and set the stage for Dissapearance.

You will never experience that feeling from watching modern Kyoani. Just safe mediocre bland high school drama. No twists, no experimental animation, no creative fuckery.

People who watch Kyoani now do it because they're just as bland as the studio they obsess over.

Funnily nobody claims that they butchered things like K-On or Nichijou with their changes because they are easily accessible

No one would claim that they "butchered" either of those, since in the case of those two series, KyoAni made them much better.

Although Nichijou was already pretty good as a manga.

Same, 100% on this
I think we could be bros

exactly

Endless Eight was filler they made because Kadokawa pulled the rug from under them in the middle of production.

kys.

adversus solem ne loquitor

Kibikek has the best reaction images after K-On.

Look at this guy.
Look at this guy who doesn't know Reaction Images: The Anime

I gotta say that the shading in some episodes really made the expressions hit the spot.

They're simply the best.

Thank you for at least putting some effort into your bait. I'm so tired kyoanus shitposting that this is actually refreshing.

Yeah, the Koe no Katachi naysayers went STFU when the second trailer made them realize that it literally is the manga in animation form (that's how faithful Kyoani is).

>All that is great, but it doesn't mean SHIT when you've been creatively bankrupt for years and keep adapting from garbage source material.
Good thing they don't do that then

myriad colors
knk
chuu2
k-on was garbage source material that they improved on tbqh

I actually lost some degree of faith in the project after I found out the whole manga was being adapted. It seems like too much material for a single movie and I didn't really like the manga much after the one-shot anyway.

Please explain the brilliance of Hyouka, Lelu-kun. I see people MENTIONING it 24/7, but never attempting to explain it.

The same old topic with the same old people complaining about the same old thing.

Now with the same old shitposters just posting the same old bait replies.

What an incredibly incorrect opinion

Because Kyoani is consistent, not only in quality but also in the kind of material they produce. They're probably one of the few studios that have a 'brand image' (others include SHAFT, Ufotable, Trigger and P.A. to an extent).

When Kyoani adapts a show, even if it's only an announcement without no other accompanying info, you can already have a basic set of expectations on how it's going to be (the so-called 'homogenizer' artstyle, good quality animation). And you already outlined what those are in your own post. Add to that their status as an independent studio making them sort of an underdog and an industry spotlight, and you got an easily lovable studio.

Regarding 'creatively bankrupt source material', it's pretty subjective but Kyoani is aware that their material is not among the best, which is why they're moving away from their LN prize winners to acquiring their own material (see Hibike and Koe no Katachi (along with Kodansha), Kyoani is top dog producer in both). We can only hope this shift means Kyoani can produce adaptations of better material in the future after VEG.

If you have ever seen that collage of Hyouka shots you'd now that Hyouka employs a very diverse set of imagery and top-notch direction that makes clever use of Kanji. Add to that a source material that's relatable, straightforward and just deep enough to warrant a minimal level of intellectual curiosity, as well as a metric fuckton of passion and love towards the adaptation (read the episode interviews), and it's not hard to imagine why people are calling it a masterpiece.