a.pomf.cat/nfxyxs.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=_T91wT4NyVE
a.pomf.cat/qfbfue.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=lCmJ6NP4vSA
youtube.com/watch?v=OaKH9bywzgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aw yiss

>its an Ed episode
I get that they wanted a light comic relief character, and I would be just fine with that.

But Ed was so Goddamn annoying. I really didn't like her.

>not liking Ed
Something is wrong with you

Ed is annoying. Shes basically a retarded girl who happens to be great with computers.

I didn't like Ed until I got to Mushroom Samba. Then she became the best character in the show.

>liking randumb shit

>it's a bell peppers and beef episode

she's flavour, the other three can be a little dour so she spices things up

you might not like her but without it bebop would be pretty depressing desu

>It's a special guest star: Vincent Episode

Goddamn, this fucker's Edgy McEdgerson. My inner teen kind of likes it.

I totally understand her purpose in the show. And I don't mind a comic relief character, I think her role is definitely important.
I just think Ed in particular is annoying. I think they could have had a light comic relief character without her being so retarded.

Black dog serenade best episode.

a.pomf.cat/nfxyxs.webm

>Plants the gun with his right hand when he has a perfectly good artificial fingerprint-less left hand

Always bothered me.

great song included
>okay boys welcome to hell
youtube.com/watch?v=_T91wT4NyVE

Vincent a shit, Vicious a best.

>You will never lose two things on Titan

Vicious is a bitch-ass nigga who brings a sword to gunfights.

Vincent is basically evil Spike and blows shit up.

Mad Pierrot is better than both of them.

>brings a sword to gunfights.
And almost wins.

Vincent makes no sense.

Pierrot is better, though.

>It's an episode with the full cast before Ed

I love this episode and I don't care who knows. Top 5 maybe.

She was fun.

Funny you should say that since bringing a sword to a gunfight is how Spike beats Pierrot

That episode was good.

Shes kinda my waifu actually.
I wonder if being like 80% faget has something to do with it

I thought she looked good in the flashback photo.

>it's a Julia episode

Does Jupiter Jazz count as a Julia episode?
Shes also good as far as waifus go

>It's a Ed acts like a total retards and ruins everything episode

Fucking hate her.

Well that was like 20 years ago, so years just caught up to her.
But dat personality

Same.
Like the Mushroom Samba episode, I liked everything about that action sequence.

Except Ed

She reminded me a little of my first boss, actually.

Really?

Was your boss a dude or an old chick?

Objective list of best five episodes in broadcast order:
Heavy Metal Queen
Toys in the Attic
Wild Horses (space shuttle)
Pierre Le Fou
Cowboy Funk (Teddy Bomber)

Fugg why does this animu have the coziest closers?

a.pomf.cat/qfbfue.webm

I just really don't like Ed much, so I'm a bit biased I guess.
I think shes easily the worst part of the show. As said earlier, I know her role is important, she balances out the cast.

But I just think she is super annoying

One of my favorite parts of the episode is where she's calling up the other truckers. Not just because it shows how tightly knit the trucking community is, but because of the interiors. Each one she calls has TONS of detail in the cockpit, like the one guy with a bunch of different plants, the other with Chinese themed stuff. I can't remember everything but it all feels detailed and lived in, and these characters and cockpits are on screen for not even five seconds each. How many shows go to that much effort? It's a good example of why Cowboy Bebop is still one of the greatest anime of all time.

>tfw they don't show Cowboy Funk or Wild Horses on TV anymore

Though I guess they might have loosened up on Wild Horses.

Thems fightin words around here

can there be a Bebop spinoff with an older Ed that takes place like 10 years after the end of the story???

PLEASE GOD MAKE THIS

Only if you disagree

Old chick that ran a bar. I made Pizza in the back.

>It's a Faye is a total slutepisode

>Cowboy Funk (Teddy Bomber)

This one is my fav

A-Am I allowed to agree with this?

checked

Many here do

Many here are idiots tho

>yfw she was a virgin in the end

>you will never fuck Faye

>The entire episode takes place on the bebop

Its kinda a shame the movie was basically just an extended episode with higher stakes. It just felt really safe.
Didn't Gren have sex with/rape her?

She probably fucked the con man.

I think he just showed off his gyno and fucked off.

>it's an user cries at anime for the first time episode

This did nothing to me when I was a teen. Only a few years ago did it really get to me.

Eh, I thought it was kinda poorly done.
The idea of it was sad as hell
but I coulnd't take the video itself super seriously.

I felt the episode where she actually goes to whats left of her old house was much sadder

Black Dog Serenade (Where the prisoners take over a transport ship and we see how Jet lost his arm) was the only Jet episode I enjoyed desu.

The Ep. with the Jet and the girl looking for her dad was probably the worst Bebop episode.

I just remember the English VA of the girl being awful.

It was neatly animated and had a fun score, It's okay for all I care. The plot did have some holes though.

I here you. The attention to detail in Bebop is amazing and I used to see weird new stuff in the background the first few times I'd watch a particular episode.

coke goes where?

>but I coulnd't take the video itself super seriously.
I thought the first bit with her friends was great and very effective. It got hammy when she started monologuing.

>Coke

I was always a Pippu cola kind of guy.

>it's an user has an existentialist crisis at anime for the first time

>you will never sail among the stars aboard the Bebop

I know that feel

Whats the song in that webm? I've tried all the soundtracks and for the life of me I can't find it..

literally only one episode of the series

Im pretty sure its in the first album
Well Cosmos is the song with just the trumpet

"Farewell Blues" off of the "Blue" album.

youtube.com/watch?v=lCmJ6NP4vSA
Its farewell blues from the Blue album

Thank you Anons. I somehow managed to skim over it.

Same
youtube.com/watch?v=OaKH9bywzgQ

Agreed
Bebop is a very adult and mature show, and Ed felt really out of place

I don't see what was supposed to be sad about that scene

I'm terrible at paying attention to plot details but all the video showed was faye as a child, right? What was so sad about that?

She's forgotten everything, and shes now seeing herself as a kid. Everyone else in that video is either dead or ancient.

Did they ever explain who sent the video?

Ed might've worked better if she had some sort of character development. I didn't hate her but I feel like she never really fit in with the Bebop crew.

Faye is from like OUR time period. Her birthdate is 1994, man.

Every one of her friends is in their late 70's.

And she forgot EVERYTHING.

She doesn't even know what she missed.

She literally lost herself, and woke up in massive debt in a crapsack world.

That's brutal, man.

It's like you got in a car wreck, went into a coma and forgot every anime you ever watched. Then you wake up and try to post on Sup Forums but it's called /vatv/ now and Japan has billed you for all the anime you pirated and forgot about.

I didn't come here to blame you, i just wanted to know why you disappeared like that

I think you mean objective SHIT list.

Speak Like A Child is the best episode, or at least top 3. That episode was the thing that brought anime from something I casually watched on TV to something I seek out for over a decade. It made me care about the character I liked the least of out the whole cast, which is really fucking hard when you're as stubborn as I am. That VHS at the end is one of the most powerful emotional scenes I've watched, right up there with Clannad, but unlike Clannad Cowboy Bebop wasn't just about the emotional scenes mixed between comedy scenes, which makes it all the more powerful. Cowboy Bebop mastered horror, comedy, action, AND drama, which is why so many people love it so much.

When I want to cry, I rewatch the last 3 minutes of Speak Like a Child. Works every time, I just relate so well to it.

Eh, I thought Hard Luck Woman handled Faye's subplot better.
I thought the video was cheesy.

She was an amnesiac out of her time and then she finally finds evidence of herself before the accident, and it's literally telling her "never forget who she is". Also it doesn't help young her was a sweet bubbly optimist and now she's a bitter cynical alcoholic.

To make things worse she eventually snaps out of it but then realizes it's for naught because everyone is dead or old and her only friends are on the bebop. And one is about to run off to die for no goddamn reason.

Man
Being Faye is suffering.

She's lost everything she had before, and time moved on without her. She had friends, a family, a home, belongings, and hope for the future. She didn't even have her memory.

When I first saw that episode I was about 24. I was in a similar situation as far as the "things moved on without me" stuff goes, I mean at 19 had just left my town after high school, found a shit job in a shit city, and got a shit apartment. I was a stupid rebel, who didn't want to stay connected to a town I didn't care about, I was the kind of loser who didn't have many friends anyway. After a while I forgot (not literally, of course) who I was, who my friends and family were, and what I wanted in the past. Watching that episode made me tear up and think for a long while, and I called my parents for the first time in years. My dad picked up the phone, and after a few minutes I found out that my mother had died in the meantime. Times moves on, and when you get older you might lose sight of things that should be important. I'm 32 now, and more connected to my dad, but I still can't watch Speak like a Child without crying. That episode has very strong emotional power, especially if you can relate to it. If you can't relate to it yet, you should be thankful for that.

Being on the Bebop is suffering for everyone but Ed and that's only because she's too crazy to realize she's going to waste a good chunk of her life chasing after a man who couldn't give two shits about her because he decided to devote his life to a fucking snipe hunt.

Also I'm sure Ein has seen some shit too.

Aside from Spike possibly dying, most of Jet's shit is in the past. Its notable that as far as I can remember, all of the Jet episodes are about him dealing with someone related to stuff from years ago.

I mean I guess you can say that about everyone, but Jet's episodes are more nostalgic than Spike or Faye's

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Well, Jet's an old man, so it's natural that it'd be that way.

He's really the worst off at the end, because all he wanted was people to share his life with now that his youth is over.

I dunno. I'd make an argument that Faye has it worse.
Jet is (comparatively) in his twilight years, Faye has her whole life ahead of her, shes like 20 something. And shes basically losing her whole life a second time here.

Of course thats all assuming Spike actually died. I mean hes survived worse injuries.

Vicious uses a gun in the flashback imagery, so it seems like the sword is an affectation he picked up after he became da boss. Maybe just to make things more challenging for himself.

There was that one episode with the Feng Shui girl. I'm sure that one didn't have to do with his past.

Actually, was that one even a Jet episode? I think it was, but I forget.

It's still kind of a shit existence.
Not to mention one of those episodes is him discovering he was crippled by his old friend. Another is running into his ex, who resents their old relationship and is with some douche.
I mean he's not as bad as Faye I guess but it's not really a happy existence.

I seem to remember that she was the daughter of a good friend of his, thats why he got so invested to the point that Spike and Faye thought he was into her.

Oh sure, life is suffering for all of them.

Damn, now Im sad

Quints confirms shes a slut

She was the daughter of Jet's old friend.
I think Jet was actually the one who convinced him to rat out the guys he was working for which "got him killed" which is why Jet was helping her out in the first place.

Problem with that is it seems like the series itself is an interlude between the important parts of Spike's life; between his attempt to run away from the gang and then his return to ultimately settle things with Vicious, this stuff happened. And with Spike's lines about how he basically considered himself dead already, it feels plausible that even though he got through worse in his interlude, it might have just been for the sake of dying where he was supposed to, in the fight with Vicious.

To me it's never seemed plausible to think that Spike survived that confrontation.

I mean thematically it makes sense he dies at the end.

But logically, he really has survived worse.
In the first vicious episode, he got shot repeatedly, slashed a couple times, stabbed near the heart, then thrown out of the top floor of a cathedral.

In comparison, in the last episode he just got shot and cut up.