Liquor Laws

Anyone else think it's stupid I have to wait until 9am to buy some alcohol?

I'm in Missouri btw, some of the better liquor laws here.

Just got off a 12 hour night shift and I want a damn drink.

Here in MN we JUST got Sunday sales this summer, but it's only from 11AM to 6pm.

yes, who the fuck do they think they are to tell me when I can and cant do something.
>cant buy alcohol past 2 am
>cant buy alcohol before 5 am
>cant buy liquor on sunday
>(iirc) cant buy beer on sunday past about noon

Alcohol is haraam

Honestly talking they should just ban all alcohol.

kys

>land of the free

sure, right after they ban the other poison in our food and water.
the c8 they legally (and illegally) dumped in my region has ruined the water supply. reverse osmosis doesnt remove this shit and it is a carcinogen.

It's retarded. Thank god I live in Nevada, where we're actually free

cant you just buy alcohol in the supermarket?

also
>land of the free

you could have planned ahead and bought booze yesterday

Yes definetely environmental pollution is a big problem.

stupid burgers don't have a paki store on every corner that's open 24/7 and will sell you alcohol at almost any time

Holy shit, Burgers can't buy alcohol till 21 and then only at certain times a day.

>L
>A
>N
>D
O F
T H E
F R E E

Americans are always telling me about their liberty & freedom when it comes to guns... then they reveal some dopey puritan shit
you hicks

>live in Indiana
>no alcohol sales on Sunday
>can't buy cold beer in gas stations any day
If an establishment sells food they can sell liquor/beer on Sundays, and some of the larger convenience stores can sell cold beer Monday-Saturday

>be American
>can't drink until 21
>can die for Israel at 16 though

Land of the free indeed

I can't buy alcohol today.
If I want to get some tomorrow, I have to go to a state store.

so liquor sales on sunday here...can still buy tobacco and lotto tickets, but can't buy a 6-pack

I'll pray for u

>16
no

Actually in the DMV area you can buy alcohol from the time you wake up until you goto bed.

>mfw show up to job site..its 6am..walk into store to grab cigs...see bum biying 40oz of Schlitz

its a bit confusing.
all alcohol sales are regulated by the alcohol beverage control (abc).
each state has so many licenses to give to stores/bars to be allowed to sell alcohol.
my memory is a bit off and I'm not looking it up, but it goes something like this:
you need a class A license to sell real beer and liquor that is consumed on premises, BUT only X amount of these licenses can be issued at once. This means that each state can only have a limited number of bars, and its a real possibility that they are all located on the other side of the state and you'd never find one if you looked.
there is a lottery or waiting list for an establishment to be allowed to have the license to sell this shit.

you need a class B license to sell real liquor and beer that is NOT under any circumstance to be opened or consumed on the property. anyone caught knowingly or unknowingly having alcohol consumed would have their license revoked and be fined out the ass, there are a finite number of the licenses allowed to be issued, like above there is a lottery or waiting list for an establishment to be allowed to have the license to sell this shit.

you need a class C license to sell beer and alcohol UNDER 12% alcohol by volume. Since this type doesn't have the finite amount of licenses, everyone who has a store pretty much has one. The issue with this though, is all liquor companies sell watered down versions of their product to be sold in stores. You'll find bottles of vodka which is supposed to be 40% alcohol in a grocery store that looks like the normal thing, but when you read it youll see that its only 10-12% alcohol. This fact is almost covered up, probably because they know that if the mass knew this then theyd never buy liquor from walmart or kroger again.

land of the free amiright

>not having the good old reliable petrol station that never closes incase it's past midnight and the pakis shop is closed

Just kys

TN fag here and liquor store manager for 3 years, we have similarly stupid laws.
>monday through saturday liquor stores have to close at 11pm
>sunday liquor stores and bars are closed, but restaurants can still sell liquor
>monday through saturday beer cannot be purchased between 3am and 8am
>sunday beer cannot be sold until 10am

Of course, what's more ridiculous than any of that is that you can be 18 to vote, to buy cigarettes, and to join the fucking military, but you have to wait 3 more years to be able to legally purchase alcohol. Shit makes absolutely no sense. I hear that argument made all the time but nobody ever has a good counter to it.

it in the tap water too, I grew up being told never to drink the water out of the tap.
bottled water doesnt have any real regulations, poland springs water (owned by nestle) for example has their source located within only a couple hundred feet of an asphalt parking lot.
bottled water often contain salts used for extreme drying to keep you thristy so you buy more.
"Artificial flavors" include castoreum, which is the glorified name for a beavers ass hole gland that just happens to taste like vanilla, remember that when youre eating something flavored vanilla.
agave nectar, a sugar syrup derived from cactus looks healthier than "corn syrup" so companies will use this instead. agave nectar is known to cause insulin resistance.
I'm bored of going on about this shit now. americans dont have alot of access to real food, everything is fake and full of preservatives that kill us. The only solution is to make everything ourselves from scratch and nobody has the time for that.

>that sign
Im ok with this.

I hear ya.
>sunday liquor stores and bars are closed, but restaurants can still sell liquor
From my experience working in Nashville just about every bar serves food allowing them to get around this, but as we both know nashvegas is pretty damn loose concerning bars.

pray that I get jihadead?

he's right you know

*sips tea*

>vodka which is only 10-12% alcohol
Jesus Christ

what about restaurants though? I wouldn't visit any restaurant that didn't offer beer during and a schnapps (not the american version though) after my meal

>not the american version though
What is the difference, I'm assuming alcohol content?

>tfw 24 liquor stores exist in me lands
you need more freedom seppo step up

Speaking of retarded drinking laws
>all drinks over 4,7% ABV can only be sold at government monopoly liquor stores or served (but not sold to go) at bars/restaurants
>drinks over 2,8% ABV can only be sold from 9 am to 9 pm
>drinks containing distilled alcohol and over 2,8% ABV can only be sold at state monopoly liquor stores or served at bars/restaurants (meaning that you can't sell ready-to-drinks at grocery stores even if they are under 4,7% ABV)
>small wineries can sell specific types of wines from their own premises
>small beer breweries can't sell their own beers at their own premises

>This fact is almost covered up, probably because they know that if the mass knew this then theyd never buy liquor from walmart or kroger again.
Surely the bottles still say "10% ABV"? or whatever?

I dont know, I dont believe in tipping culture so I dont go to places that expect it, which happens to be bars and stuff.
It use to be pizza places and that sort of stuff sold beer, but thats rare now. I know of two restaurants that sell beer, but for a standard 12 oz glass bottle of beer, the same thing you get in a 6 pack, they will jack up the price. Where I pay about $1.25 for cheap shit spic beer, these places will charge $3-4 for a single bottle. a 6 pack that I know damn well costs $8 down the road at the gas station, they will try to charge somewhere between $10-15.
Needless to say, I don't drink out. Faggots here will pitch the "its about having a good time" line, but these people are unable to see a bigger picture. Why would you pay some fag to simply take the cap off of a bottle?
Sure, at a bar they have it on tap and that can provide a superior taste (not that rednecks chugging bud lite know about taste), but Id assume its cheaper to just get a keg yourself. Ive yet to price this one out.

asfor "real" restaurants, I believe beer and wine are still a thing there. In my area though, I cant think of any "real" restaurant. The only thing that comes to mind is olive garden, but thats just a theme restaurant that is no more Italian than taco bell is mexican. The olive garden parent company owns several other theme restaurant chains, Its funny seeing people dress up to go there.

They do. Younger or just inexperienced people don't realize this.

hour*

I've been told that american schnapps is light liquor with fruit syrup and its really really sweet, like sugar water but with alcohol

In Germany (and all of Europe probably) it refers to most heavy liquor often times fruit, herb or grain based and a variety if flavors.

Traditionally after a good meal you drink a small glass of schnapps

You'd think that people could taste the difference between 10% "vodka" and 40% vodka

Yes, its legally required.
I don't have the two versions here with me to compare, but going off of memory, the lower content one is printed smaller almost like they are trying to hide the fact that its watered down to the point of being almost unusable.

Where I live there is a very strong German heritage. I can go to a few restaurants that sell traditional German beers.
>enjoying an imported pint of hacker-pschorr at room temperature
heavenly

This is because before prohibition, in urban areas, there was one pub for every third person....Think about that, 1:3 ratio! Pretty much everyone was a drinker, and drunks were dying in droves on the streets. It was a serious national crises. Prohibition dried the country out a bit. In that context, many of these laws make sense.

Alcohol laws are literally anti-degeneracy laws. I mean, the guv would rather tax the living shit out of it, but they don't. Kikes would love a white nation of drunkards....they are mostly (MOSTLY) decent laws.

Nashville actually recently approved a 24 hour bar as an experiment, and I believe even regular bars can now stay open until 4am.

Speaking of ABC, they are a horrible organization. They used to be government-funded, but they're not anymore (yet somehow they're still in charge of alcohol laws). So how do they get their funding? By entrapment. Every so often they'll drop by liquor stores or restaurants and act as mystery shoppers to see if employees are checking IDs and whatnot. Well, there was one instance a couple years ago in a neighboring town where a few of them went to an Applebees (or maybe it was Chilis). They were posing as white-collar office workers, and they ordered a meal and drinks. When it came time to pay their bill, they decided to make the "newbie" pay, so he did. Then they busted the restaurant because they let someone who wasn't 21 pay for alcohol (even though he didn't drink anything himself). That's a $5,000 fine to the restaurant and a $3,000 fine to the server. Naturally, the restaurant was furious and decided to sue. I never followed up on what happened though.

Then there was another instance in my town where they sent in an old man (well over 60) to buy booze. At the time, the official policy was to ask for ID, no matter what. So the employee asked him for his ID and he gave it, but since it was an expired license, the employee and store got fined anyway and had to shut down for like a month. Shortly after word of that little incident broke, they changed the policy to where you didn't have to ID anyone over 40 or if they were regular customers you knew. That's another really shady thing they do, they constantly change their policies, they don't communicate these changes with liquor stores unless you fail something during an inspection, and they are loathe to give you actual paper documents stating the rules.

You can, like I said it's mostly younger or inexperienced buyers that get scammed
I see, thank you. Most schnapps are considered "girly" drinks. There are a few that are stronger however.

>at room temperature
wtf is wrong with you. chill that shit, and weihenstephaner is better anyway.

augustiner and bayreuther are the best, but i've not seen them in america yet (only augustiner years out of date and absurdly expensive, like $20 for a 6-pack, sell by my 21st birthday)

>Woodford reserve
Nice, but I still prefer my Blanton's
Tennessee and Kentucky produce some of the best bourbons and whiskeys

Christians are anti liberty.

I should have corrected my wording for conversations sake. there are various types of alcohol at the grocery store. I was talking about a time I bought a whiskey, though I have seen vodkas at the grocery store too.
When I was younger I picked up a bottle of whiskey that is normally 35% while at a grocery store. It still had the taste, but I started suspecting something was amiss when I was able to go through a fair amount of the bottle and wasn't really feeling or tasting that much alcohol as I should have been. Thats when I learned my lesson about grocery store liquor.

as the other user said, younger and inexperienced people wont notice the difference, some people just dont care. I was at a store one time and saw a guy with two bottles of stuff that was watered down. I told him "hey, you know that stuff only has half of the alcohol in it right" and without missing a beat he responded "well then its a good thing I got two"

It's probably slightly chilled, but not nearly as cold as our piss domestics
Will consider your suggestions, thanks

>"well then its a good thing I got two"

>there was one pub for every third person
neat, got a sauce on that? would be interesting to read about.
yea, I agree with you but at the same time I have mixed feelings. We shouldn't be hearded around like cattle or all treated like niggers because we want a beer at 6 in the morning. If I just worked all night and got off at 7 am, and go to bed at 10 am, then I shouldn't be treated like a drunk, degenerate, or addict for having a beer in what is MY afternoon.
>measures against degeneracy
Again, this interferes with liberty. I go through about a case of beer a year, and will go months without, only have 1 beer, and then months of having none again simply because I dont feel like it. So when I just happen to want so whiskey, I shouldnt be able to purchase it. What happened to separation of church and state? it seems to me that this sunday crap is a way to force people to go to church instead of sit around the house drunk

>hacker-pschorr
good choice, I drink mostly Holsten since its regional for me
>at room temperature
Not sure about that though, best temperature in my opinion is 6°C-12°C , that's 40-50 in freedom units I think

Yes it's stupid don't let anyone tell you otherwise.. I just moved fRom Ontario to Quebec which are night and day. Ontario poll has the worst booze laws on earth besides Utah or Muslim countries

Quebec it's 8am to 11pm, they sell it in grocery and corner stores, and bars open until 3am

Plan ahead. If you dont have that tiny amount of self-control, you shouldnt be drinking alcohol either

Norwegian opening times for the Wine Monopoly (Vinmonopolet, the only place you can buy alcohol stronger than 7%) in Oslo. Mind you, this is very liberal, and in some places hard liquor is actually banned.

Mon-fri: 10-18
Saturday: 9-15
Sunday: closed af

Beer sales in retail follow the same weekday rules until 20:00, saturday until 18 and sunday its banned for sale.

Alcohol can be taxed from 50% to infinity as Vinmonopolet is state/country owned

>freedom units
i lol'd way too hard at this

>at room temp
I was in error. Most domestics are served very cold, so anything slightly chilled just gets called room temp or warm. The quality German brews are served from a separate cooler, at a different temp, usually.

>ABC, they are a horrible organization.
yea I feel I knew that. I sorta hated them but cant recall why. I think it had something to do with set prices for something I knew should have been cheaper.

>a $3,000 fine to the server. who wasn't 21 pay for alcohol (even though he didn't drink anything himself)
Im surprised someone didnt get shot, people have died for less.

Is that a reference or just a cheeky reaction image

I see this issue from two sides. The first being who the fuck are they to say when I can and can’t buy alcohol. My shift ends at 2am and I’d like to be able to relax with a couple drinks. I also see it as if you don’t have the foresight to buy your alcohol in advance you’re of nigger tier mentality. You know when you can and can’t buy alcohol so use a little planning. With this line of thinking I’d be in favor of actually contracting the times you can buy alcohol, for example Thursday-Saturday only and from 9am to 9pm. I’m a Sherrifs deputy in the MW and I can’t begin to tell you how many DUIs and unfortunately accidents happen cause drunko the clown just HAD to get a last couple drinks from the gas station because the eight they already had weren’t enough. I’m saying this and I know that it comes across as an appeal to emotion, but the worst accident I’ve been to was some drunk went left of center and clipped a van with a family of four in it. Sent it into the ditch, it rolled a couple times, one daughter died, the other was ok besides what’d you expect, the mother was paralyzed from the waist down, and the father lost and eye. The drunk walked (actually drove) away, we found him about 2 miles down the road trying to hide behind a gas station. It took every ounce of me not to kill him when he tried to lie and decided to “””resist arrest”””.

I don’t know why alcohol is even legal desu. All it does is make more violence and rape in the world while simultaneously convincing 5/10s they can dance seductively.
Why should a guy with five duis even be allowed to buy alcohol? We need sensible background checks now. Thousands of people die every year in drunk driving accidents.
High capacity/high proof liquors are another issue. Nobody needs a proof over 30. They call it fightin whiskey for a reason. The time is here for sensible reform. Listen, we aren’t coming for your microbrews or vino. Your grandpappys wine cellar is still safe but we have to get these dangerous saturday night specials like Long Island Ice teas and jaeger bombs off the streets.

>Utah
Knew a guy from there once, he said there beer was something like 1% and everyone had to smuggle real beer in from neighboring states.
guy was an idiot though so idk how much truth there is to that.

> My shift ends at 2am.
> Way too many god damn words.

Go to fucking bed.

thought you were serious at first, had a good kek

go to bed tradie, you doesnt need the distilled jew. Or just maybe have some on hand next time

kill yourself if you live in missouri

Brazil has the best liquor laws. First time I was there I could buy bottles of beer and cane from the corner cafe's at anytime. Also I could buy ice cold beer on the beeches (not that stupid ice cream shit).

Prohibition, in any form, needs to be repealed.

Culture is the problem.

>(not that stupid ice cream shit).
whut

>I could buy bottles of beer and cane from the corner cafe's at anytime.
do you have beer at gas stations there? I found out some places overseas dont do that, every gas station here sells beer.

Lots of counties in several states states are considered dry counties. Meaning you can't buy or be in possession of alcohol at any time.

yea, the county in the next state over is dry so they all just come here and stock up.
That dry county shit only works in places like alaska

I meant that usually there is only ice cream sold at beeches because it's illegal to sell beer.

>I think it had something to do with set prices for something I knew should have been cheaper.
Actually they don't regulate that stuff very much, it mostly has to do with the individual store and the actual state taxes (TN has an additional liquor tax, for example). Smaller stores tend to mark things up higher than the large stores simply because they can't afford to buy in bulk. Distributors will offer package deals that discount more per 5 cases, so the more cases you buy, the cheaper cost-per-bottle and the cheaper you can sell it. If you sell a lot of a certain item (my store would go through 3 cases of Jack Daniels 100ml bottles a week, and that's 48 bottles to a case) then you can afford the discount, but if not, all you can do is mark the price up to make a decent profit. Not to mention there's the whole storage issue. If you don't have a large stockroom, it affects what you can buy as well.

The only real thing ABC takes issue with is if you sell liquor for less than the cost of what you paid for it. So if the store ordered a case of wine and each wine bottle cost the store $7.65, you can't legally sell it for less than that.

oh, I was afraid they made an icecream beer, its getting pretty gay out there.
what about the gas station beer question?

There’s an older German couple that escaped E. Germany in the late 60s that live a couple miles down the road that make exceptional peach and plum schnapps. A couple of guy friends said I was gay yada yada for drinking it until they tried it.

>can't buy alcohol before 10 AM
>can't buy alcohol after 10 PM
Now every citizen has a personal stash of booze at home. I have a whole room dedicated to over 500l of light an 25l of hard alcohol.

This is unamerican and should be changed. Get this man a beer!

like I said I cant recall, though one instance come to mind when I went into an "abc store" and they were charging alot more than I usually pay and the owner lady tried to say it was because they abc set the price or some crap, idk its been years ago.
>ell liquor for less than the cost of what you paid for it. S
Guess thats what they mean when they put up the banners for beer being the lowest legal price.

btw how well did I remember the license class rules

who, that free transaction might be an illegal alcohol sale, better check his timezone!

>be german
>be allowed to drink alcohol public with 14 if parents are with you
>be allowed to drink and buy low % alcohol (beer,wine, sparkling wine, mixed beer) with the age of 16
>be allowed to buy and drink any alcohol with the age of 18

alcohol is avaiable 24/7 at the nearest gas station or super marked. Seems like Germany is the land of the free and not USA.

Nice freedom you have there, Burger

Thinking about it, it's just stupid to buy alcohol at all.

Literally pissing your money away.

18 should be the drinking age. Sup Forums could make it so.

can't get any here today, have to wait until tomorrow morning

>they were charging alot more than I usually pay and the owner lady tried to say it was because they abc set the price or some crap
Well she just flat out lied to you then, which is still pretty shitty. Even giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the price-markup was so the store could actually make a profit, it's still a shitty thing to lie to a customer. The store I worked at was quite small and most of our products were a couple bucks higher than other stores. I would routinely get people who'd never been in the store who would ask about the price difference (or flat out complain), and I'd always explain to them that we couldn't afford to buy in bulk like the larger stores. Most people were fine with that once I explained it to them. We also got a lot of people who became regulars simply because the store was owned by a white Vietnam vet and not an Indian or Paki.
>Guess thats what they mean when they put up the banners for beer being the lowest legal price.
Exactly, however it's kind of easy to get around. A lot of the big stores will buy massive amounts of booze and then discount the hell out of it simply to get more business. It's a legitimate tactic, I suppose, but it shows how pointless the law is when you can just lower your own cost-per-bottle.
>btw how well did I remember the license class rules
That I can't tell you, since I never really paid attention to that stuff. I do know there are different classes of license, and certain ones cost more, but that's about it. Also in TN liquor stores are now allowed to sell cigarettes and growlers, but guess what? You need separate licenses for each of those.

Its shit for the 3rd shifters but you should have the foresight to have a sixer in the fridge for when you get home.
My old home town had an ordinance that no alcohol could be sold after 2am or before 4am.
Where I am now, no alcohol can be purchased from a store after 9pm, I don't know how early you can buy though. It kind of forces you to go to a bar if you want a drink, which I guess is a good idea to support local establishments.

Cheeky reaction image. I just wanted to express to you how amused I was by that guy's response

>live in NV
>24/7 liquor sales
>all in the same stores, marts, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.
>move to DE
>stores operate 8AM - 8PM, Mon-Sat
>alcohol is cheap as fuck but terrible hours
>move to MD
>liquor and beer/wine in different stores
>close around 10-11PM
>high taxes

I miss Nevada

When I worked 3rd there was a small tavern that would open the back door to let the coffee drinkers in(old, grumpy retired men who would congregate really early to talk about the weather) a few of us could go in there and serve ourselves. When the bartender came in they would officially open, and charge us for what we already drank.
Illegal as hell, but small town life means the local PD would look the other way, and excise officials are corrupt anyway.

>afford to buy in bulk like the larger stores.
yea, I would have been cool with that, but I knew she was full of shit, if they set the prices then why is eveyone else in town selling it for the exact same lower price, I just walked out.

>simply to get more business.
thats what I figured they were doing

The only importer of Augustiner in the Midwest that I know of is in jaboo city.

What are bars and restaurants like?

Expensive as all fucks, normal people can't afford it.

Buy beer and liquor ahead of time then?
What is planning?

Come to Arizona, I can buy liquor literally 24/7.

Is Arizona the promise land for Libertarians? We also have the best gun laws in the nation.

I'm sad now Norway. I thought you were my dreamland.

blame the christcuck fuckwads trying to impose alcohol restrictions on everyone
>"no one needs alcohol on sunday mornings cause we all luv gawd!"

As an American, if I visited Norway, would it be assumed I have the money to go to a bar? I'm not rich, but I get about $500 a month in disposable income. I went to Seoul once, and these russian guys I met and was hanging out with would call me a Rich American everytime I said I couldn't afford another drink. Were they right? Is America actually that much richer than you Europoors?