Why so many anime still prefer flip phones? It's the age of smartphone now and they still do this shit. Almost hilarious

Why so many anime still prefer flip phones? It's the age of smartphone now and they still do this shit. Almost hilarious

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Handy-phone_System#Implementation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a flip phone. No bully.

Stylish

I personally wish they were popular on the west as well

What's a smartphone?

>It's the age of smartphone now
Not in Japan, their flip phones are more advanced that your smartphone.

What year is Amanchu set, user?

>implying you can afford a smartphone as a highschooler
>implying that every modern anime takes place in the present day

PRESENT TIME
AHAHAHAHAHA

flip phones are still around in Japan
you also have to understand that most anime/manga writers are from the flip phone generation

Not as hilarious as your awful thread

>they think software (smartphone) and hardware (flip-cover) are mutually exclusive

>their flip phones are more advanced that your smartphone

Even in Japan there are more people using smartphone than flip phone. Which is why it's getting more and more stupid to see anime hanging onto flip phones

Japan's flip phones are more advanced than our regular Smart phones that we known. Though most Japanese themselves use iPhones.

stop raping the terms.
We've had "smartphones" looong before iPhone brought us the shitty glass-screens you poke fad. Nokia N93 was one of the most pleasing to use and best looking smart phones

>why are characters in anime written with characteristics that are familiar to the mangaka
Off yourself you underaged faggot.

This

>2011 phone
>Softbank Sharp 007SH Sharp Aquos Hybrid Android Japanese Flip-phone (Blue Color)
>This is the Android smartphone which is in the clam-shell Flip-phone Japanese keitai style
>16.1 Megapixel Camera (3456 × 4608 pixels max picture taking resolution) (HD and 3D Picture viewing capable)
>HD video Recording (720p video recording) (1280×720 video capture resolution) (Capable up to 30FPS recording)
>Digital 14.4x Zoom
>LED Camera Flash
>This Japanese phone is Waterproof / Dustproof in compliance with IPX5/IPX7 standards
>Touch Screen 3D Display
>Android 2.3 OS (Access the Google marketplace / Gmail / download apps, just like any other Android phone)
>Bilingual phone (can be changed from Japanese to English and vice versa) (We set all phones to ENGLISH before shipping)

I wonder why.
A few nips I know say Western phones are shitty

I want to live in a country that is not releasing products with the most minimal of upgrades at retarded rates to rip off as many stupid people as possible.

Lmao what planet do you live on.
>implying glass screens are a fad
>implying that clunky, hunk of plastic Nokia N93 with a literal camera lense sticking out of it is more pleasing to use or look at

It's like you take pride in being a luddite

>Even in Japan there are more people using smartphone than flip phone.
Huh? Just last 3Q last year, flip phones sold more than smartphones in Japan.

kek, no-one but you thinks the old "half phone half PDA" style looks good. On top of that they're total shit to use.

Nips are too sheltered in their little microcosm. That's why flip phones are still a thing and anime stagnates with it's regurgitated themes.

This looks pretty sweet actually

>and anime stagnates with it's regurgitated themes.
>this while Hollywood suffers from comic book hero stories and reboots upon reboots of reboots with sequels of sequels

Just buy a phone every 4 or 5 years then.

I guess they found a way.

Fucking preach. Buying any tech in the western world sucks because it's essentially obsolete the second you purchase it.

Amanchu started publishing in 2008, user. At that time, flip phones were still popular.

to indicate old-fashioned values

What is the best flip phone I can buy in Canada?

I have an iPad for smartphone stuff anyway.

That's pretty much what I do but some companies have gotten dickish about it like my cellphone company discontinuing service to my Galaxy S3 so I would buy a new phone from them.

It's because smartphones have less than 10 year in the market, and most of the mangakas and writters, used flip phones when they were young. Hell, when i was a higschooler less than 1/5 of my class had phones, now everyone have one and with internet.

It's because flip phones are cheap and the one who uses flip phones in Japan nowadays are kids and the elderly.

It's actually different in Japan. Even recently aired drama series this year have the actors/actresses using flip phones.

>Why so many anime still prefer flip phones?
Because most anime are adapted from decade old things that still use flip phones, or the creators of the source material (usually manga) aren't too up to date with the latest technology. It was worse a few years ago, but lately most anime do give characters smartphones if they're meant to be modern.
Expensive phones aren't quite as ubiquitous in Japan as they are in the west, too. It isn't too uncommon to see a storyline where characters get their first phone (usually in friendship or romance stories) in high school, while in the US at least you probably have a smartphone by middle school at the latest.

Japanese are actually pretty smart about this.
Computers are everywhere in Japan while flip phones take a long time before they need to be recharged. Having smartphones in Japan with the rest of their living costs being astronomical only makes sense.

Most animu writers were in their 30's-40's at that point

This bait was hugely more effective than anticipated. I'm looking forward to the inevitable variations.

The era where Japanese flips were super phones with specs years ahead was over years ago, it was a glory time where i could import Japanese phones freakishly more advance then anything available, as much as i wish it to stay that way, smartphones are ahead now, part of the reason Japanese phones lost their supremacy was due to their efforts on keeping their tech for themself instead of going international like the current leading phone makers, by the time they started exporting their phones it was too late, smart phone caught up and were selling like hot cakes.

Huh. So their isolationism was their downfall. Once again.

They can't let it go.

Don't worry when Smartphones dominate their industry they will work and improve on the thing imported and their smart phones will be better than others.

Then the cycle will repeat.

Why do you people keep asking this?
Do you realized that the anime you watch now has been around even before iphones are common place?

Amanchu for example was created in 2009 .

I want this

>that fucking camera

Yeah, for $679, it better be good.

>five years old
How are the latest models?

Not him, but still pretty expensive and not flip-phones.

>Not in Japan, their flip phones are more advanced that your smartphone

Nice bullshit user, were they folded over a thousand times too?

The phones on the English market normally get a toned down camera because idiots will buy the phones anyway. Why bother putting something that good onto it and waste production costs?

>Computers are everywhere in Japan

You know nothing of Japan. The Japanese are amazingly computer illiterate, most don't even have a desktop at home. There's a tonne of automated shit like vending machines and such, but when it comes to personal computers they are decades behind.

would getting a foreign made phone work in the US?

Now you're just parroting what you read here.
Desktop computer are mostly owned by otaku, because for normal people their phone are already advanced enough for regular need.
Not to mention that net-cafe is available everywhere and cheap enough to become poor-man's apartment.

At least around mid 2000-2010 they already use e-mail on daily basis on their phone while the burger was still being scammed by their provider with SMS.

Burgers are still getting scammed by their providers to this day.

Didn't it took a hell lot of country a long time to implement country wide 3G? Or did Japan have wifi everywhere, enough to use the email function?

What the fuck are you talking about?

wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Handy-phone_System#Implementation
They didn't need to wait for 3G implementation because they had this.

Every person I know has broken their screen. Flip phones are obviously better as they protect the screen, hence offering more durability. Just fit one with the guts of a modern smartphone.

But that would mean no more screen replacement bucks. No sane company would put its customers needs before its own revenue.

Looks better on-screen when texting/calling

Don't forget the sealed on backcover so that the battery cannot be removed. It gives a good incentive to buy their next product when the battery eventually dies.

This. I just wish I could dick around with my phone and pretend it's from Kamen Rider Faiz

Also if I had to guess, it might be easier to type with flip phones than touch screen.

define smartphone

By the time battery in your phone dies, your phone will be so obsolete you wouldn't want to use it anyway.

so all smartphones don't flip?

Anime is always behind years compared to the present time Japan, because it's been years since the people who worked with it went outside.