SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA: NIGHTGOWN EDITION

She's got a point and all, but isn't it generally good etiquette to apologize for signing someone off into slavery

When will Azami leave?

Only after Souma and Erina have a Shokugeki

why is she so fluffy

I liked most of Shokugeki when I was reading it, but Soma's dad and Senzaemon orchestrating having their kids in the same school like it was to fulfill some kind of prophecy was an out there reveal

Eh, "Orchestrated" is a bit of an exaggeration, it was more like "hey your boy cooks right bring him in Erina needs a dick".

Senzaemon literally set it up so Erina would be the proctor for Soma's test though

I mean introducing your kids makes sense but it would've gone a lot smoother if they'd done it like regular people

Well yeah, because Senzaemon requested for Soma because he felt Erina needed someone like that.

And it also explains why he was spying on them and why Soma was allowed in despite "failing".

I always liked it better when it looked like Senzaemon was curious about the dish, tried it and went "Nah fuck that this kid's in"

Yeah, I get it, it just feels like going "Erina, you remember Saiba? He's here, this is his son Soma, have fun" would've worked out about as well.

Senzaemon is kind of a weird guy.

>I always liked it better when it looked like Senzaemon was curious about the dish

I never thought it looked like that, because Erina's blatant dishonesty seemed to betray her responsibility. I figured it meant Senzaemon had been keeping an eye on her because he knew her personality, but the actual explanation is acceptable for me.

I mean, it's not like Soma would have gotten in if his dish wasn't good regardless.

Does anyone have the colored chapters w/ translations? I can only find the raws

Yes, but much more boring.

Nobody acts like a regular person in this manga.

Yeah, and that's definitely not Jou's parenting style anyways,dude lives or dies by laissez-faire, he might push Soma in the general direction but I doubt he would want his name to count for anything.

What would've happened if Erina found out who Soma's dad was, say, on the car ride back from camp? Like if the photo fell out of the book she had?

Well she liked him much less back then so her reaction may have been much bigger.

She also knew him less and had less time to see how far she could put her foot in her mouth.

Not much time, mind you, she mostly quit giving him shit by what, after Akira and Ryou faced off in the semi-finals?

>edition
Kill yourself, faggot.

I love Erina but she's just not best nakiri.

Sorry user I wasn't sure what to put, I'll just do "Shokugeki no Soma" next time

She was forced to get more used to him after Stagiare because Hishoko would no longer protect her from him.

I wonder what Hisako's thought process was there, did she realize Erina had an unfairly prickly view on Soma and wanted to change her mind?

Both Nakiris are national treasures

of course Sup Forums would be in love with the girl that looks like a boy

>not loving Tosh's girls and boys.

Are you gay, son?

>This
>A boy

You're turbogay, son.

It's okay user. Both are lovable on their own.

but erina is the best nakiri

Azami did give us some good things though.

Good girl.

Keep that general shit on Sup Forums.

>Senzaemon is kind of a weird guy.

This is pretty well established.

Damn, Souma is a lucky guy.

Why does Sup Forums hate Megu so much? It seems like a deep, ingrained, raw hatred far beyond a grounded, rational hatred.

lurk more

I'd actually like to know as well. What did she do, piss in your cereal?

Memes.

Nice meme.

This is either bait or fresh off the boat from Reddit, probably both.

You mean Meat? There's some Megu hate for sure, but most of it is Megufag hate from ancient threads.

The pose thing is a bigger criticism of Tosh for not reposing her than for the character.

Wow, get a load of this oldfag. Truly you are our better.

It's fine as long as her fags don't shit up the threads. But there's the fact that she is boring, always follows people and her pose.

>plain both in appearance and personality
>ceased developing as a character in the Autumn Elections arc
>has done absolutely nothing of note over the course of the story, only there to act as the audience surrogate and react/ask questions
>very vocal fans antagonized other fans, not only the waifufags but the fanbase in general
>remains a spineless wimp despite a recent streak of successes both with and without Souma's help, support from friends, and encouragement from God Tongue Erina
>takes away screen time from more deserving/interesting characters
>the infamous pose has by this point become her sole identifying trait, comparable to Orihime's KUROSAKI-KUN in Hueco Mundo arc

So you hate her because you are petty is what you are saying.

Have a (You), you earned it

>open SnS thread
>it's shit
No surprise there.

>newfags are the ones shitting it up
Gasp. If I was any less surprised I'd be able to see the future.

Yeah that's understandable

I prefer MEAT anyway

>Open up a SnS thread
>It's dead
>Better make a low quality post to bump it and maybe bait some people into responding
Your effort is noted. It won't save Polar Star though.

Fuck me. This episode had me in tears.
>ywn go to an amusement park with Doujima-senpai dressed like a schoolgirl

This series is really good at SOL chapters. In fact, that's really all I look forward to these days.

I really hope we see more of Erina with the polar star gang having fun outside of school. Muh heart.

No point in discussing a dead girl who got wrote off the first chance the author got

B-but she's cute.

She's also the only girl in this series that isn't a stronk independant woman who don't need no man.
Except for Alice but she seems more give and take with Mad Dog.

She's fine. It's just her delusional fans who can't handle her losing soumabowl while she herself has never been into it.

There is no gender war. Good chefs are supposed to have some charisma and independence. Megumi is the eternal follower.
>B-but she's cute
Like pretty much all the girls? WTF is that title? Kill yourself.

There's tons of girls cuter, and with more personality than the homely doormat you track dirt on when you enter.

Megumi's cooking style is hospitality. It wouldn't make sense for her to be a "step on your dick barefoot" type like all the other girls.

Also 9/10 times an image has a retarded filename it is because somebody linked a file directly from Google images by pasting a url. The other 10% of the time is because they are fucking with you.

>Megumi's cooking style is hospitality. It wouldn't make sense for her to be a "step on your dick barefoot" type like all the other girls.
She doesn't have to and not all the girls are like that. She is a good cook but she always follows others.

Because Sup Forums doesn't appreciate the way she holds her arms up in front of her.

Oddly, I think it makes sense. The bitch plays ping-pong & cooks all the time.

If she sleeps with her arms crossed on her chest, she'd have em there 99% of her life.

I actually don't know if there would've been a better way to drop this reveal

The way it was done felt pretty perfect

Best foodgasms in the series?

Yukiheeland. Hands down

>THIS NIGGA KNOWS

Megumifags have shit up threads with delusional nonsense for a long time. It wouldn't even be a problem if Megumi was an actual character, but she is fucking useless/boring and she hogged all the screentime in the first 100 chapters.

>Alicefag: I really like Alice
>That's nice
>Erinafag: I really like Erina
>That's nice
>Nikumifag: I really like Meat
>That's nice
>Megumifag: I really like Megumi
>FUCK OFF FUCKING SHIT POSTER FUCKING THREAD RUINED EVERYONE GO HOME

You can play dumb if you want, but Megumifags get shit on here for good reason.

>>Nikumifag: I really like Meat
>>That's nice
Meatfags are the ones who get really shit here. Megumifags are fine as long as they don't try to prove that she is so much better than Erina or the other girls.

It's not just "trying to prove that she's better", they literally shat on others too, especially erina, because of muh tsundereshit. And their delusion when they think megumi will win against ryou was horrible too

>Why does Sup Forums hate Megu so much?

Megumifags.

I don't really like her as a female protagonist. I feel bad for her for the daddy abuse and I know she's supposed to be tsundere, but the fact that in the beginning she tried his dish, thought it was delicious, but denied him anyway peeves me.
I mean considering they established her denying his application would be a blemish dooming his professional cooking career, as well as the fact she was shutting down his entire chance for higher education despite him spending money to fly there, and having all the talent worthy of acceptance... Based on her MUH NOBILITY feeling BS is just shit.

Only Souma's home girl whose name I forgot does. And that's kind of the point of her.

Eats too much

>yfw Kurase wins the Soumab Owl

>too much

That would be hilarious

and really sweet

She is after all the only one who's actually liked his gross cooking

I miss the time when Shokugeki was good. It all went downhill ever since Aizen appeared.

She doesn't like it.

The SOL moments and character interactions are carrying this series for me, the rest is fucking shit,

Honestly the only arc I haven't enjoyed was Ryou vs. The Literally Who, a lot of the recent non-SoL chapters this arc were trash but there's still time for this Arc to pull up

I get the feeling she is going to. I feel like the whole "find a nice girl you can cook for" was intended to make us think it was her to begin with, only for attention to be drawn away to Erina but ultimately for it to end up being her, otherwise her crush was introduced for literally no reason. Plus it makes sense since Soma is going to end up going straight back to the restaurant when he graduates. Erina is in the same boat as the other girls in that they all have incredibly prolific futures ahead of them. Nobody girl from Soma's home has only one future ahead of her, squeezing out a child and being a mother.

Tsukuda wouldn't be such a hack.

I like her but I don't think she'll win unless it's a harem ending. You could be right if Erina turns out to be another version of Meat: tsundere that falls in love eventually. The wild card factor is that Soma doesn't seem to have romantic thoughts, if he doesn't have them for Erina or even Megumi then I could see him going back to Kurase.

I'm pretty sure Erina is in love with Soma now. She wants those Joichiro genes so bad she can taste them.

I'd rather have souma ends up with knaifu than her.

No she isn't. Stop projecting

Prove me wrong.

she admits to herself later on that she does

Yeah but I compared her to Meat for a reason. Meat loves him too, I think she's an even bigger fan than Polar Star at this point, but we all know she's not going to win. Not at the expense of other girls, anyways.

That'd shit all over the manga up to this point, yeah, and it's not like Soma couldn't move the family business to a new location anyways

It's probably close at this point, the only people established that she feels closer to are Hisako and Alice

>EDITION
Faggot.

Why are Shokugekifags so sensitive? Literally every other thread on Sup Forums that has waifuwars has them in good fun. If you even express that you like a girl in this series just as a character people shit all over you and call you a shit poster and a waifu faggot.

Honestly that's just Meat and she's still a good girl.

They're all good girls, user

Yeah. Bleach and nisekoi thread sure are fun huh

>a tough, busty girl who's only willing to share her feminine side with a select few people

Literally everything I want

I don't find tan girls very attractive.

I know. It just comes off as a horrible thing to do.

Even the judges in this arc, despite purposely wanting these students to fail, were honest and passed them if their food was delicious.

The only other people who ever fudged their judgement were the assholes who were paid off by Eizan.

What does this say about Erina?

well heck that's fine

more for me, you know?

> What does this say about Erina?
That Soma was special to her from the beginning.

>expecting a spoiled princess to be a good person
She literally destroyed some club in S1 because she wanted to use the space. I think it was the sumo club?

Exactly. She's not a good person, but I'm not one of the anons who seem to be under the illusion that she is.

speaking of season one, was there any reason why they dropped Erina's taste testing gags? I kinda liked them.

So? That is how Tootsuki works.

Nikumi was also going to destroy the Don club for Erina.

True, but that was under Erina's orders and Soma follows the Luffy school of fighting where people who encounter him usually end up changed for the better somehow.

Like this? Yeah I miss them.