Just finished this show, it dragged a bit but man is this anime dark. Anyways, whats Sup Forums's thoughts on it...

Just finished this show, it dragged a bit but man is this anime dark. Anyways, whats Sup Forums's thoughts on it? I enjoyed it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSMxdhrchVA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's really shit

Overrated shit.

god tier ost

This the ost is godlike.

It is impossible to discuss because
>memes

a masterpiece, if you really liked it you should read 20th century boys, urasawa greatest work imo

This.
I really enjoyed both, but 20th Century Boys is better in my opinion.

Ok i will definitely check it out, Thanks!

the manga is better, still a masterpiece

i also finished this (yesterday)
i dig it but yeah i agree it did drag on a bit. its annoying keeping tabs on all these characters that would be fine without em.
i love how much they hyped up johan how they compare him to the new hitler or the devil.
also made a amv. feel free to post feedback. its my first one so go easy
youtube.com/watch?v=jSMxdhrchVA

I personally felt Monster was a better manga then 20th CB. The latter just dragged on too long, where as Monster's ending came at a decent point.

Good...
now read the manga Blame

Status quo: the anime

>forever waiting for HBO's live action adaptation

One of the best character development I've ever seen, awesome ost, a bit boring sometimes desu but damn, dr. Tenma ia still my favourite character in any anime ever

Easily in my top 10. If you're looking for another dark, sober anime to fill the void I recommend Aoi Bungaku.

You could have watched Dario Argento's entire filmography in the time you spent on the series. That would have been a better idea.

Dragged on too damn long imo. It wrapped up fine though.

Master Keaton is objectively the the best work of Urasawa. Anyone who disagree is delusional.

Currently reading the manga, thanks for reminding me of the anime, I'll watch it when I'm done.

Supposedly Del Toro is tryig to pitch it to anyone who would take it, because HBO lost interest.

It's a shame we got those shitty live-action movies instead of an anime adaption.

Monster was a more compact story. 20th Century Boys just seemed to meander through it's arcs, first one was good while the intrigue was being built, second one was worse but still interesting as you tried to untangle their schemes, third arc was just bad. Maybe it has something to do with not having any of the nostalgia it tries to play to but it's probably more to do with all the plot points that are just sort of dumb, what was the point of introducing magical powers if they do fuckall but provide convenient ways to avoid plot holes. The villain swap is where it really starts to go down hill, but Friend was always really weak by the end to me, the first was just sort a dick who wanted to one up a childhood rival and I think the other wanted revenged because the hero stole a pack of gum or something as a kid and he got blamed for it. Neither one can hold and candle to Johan.

Absolute masterpiece
Only tryhard hipsters say it's """""""""overrated"""""""""

>Le 20th Century Boys is better meme
Top fucking kek
20th Century Boys is hot garbage
It's a legitimately badly written series that does not in any way, shape or form compare to Monster

It's fun to read because of how bad it is but you hipsters are absolutely ridiculous

>Good
>Now read some trash
Why?

I enjoyed the fuck out of it. I wish I could watch something like it again.

Does it have rewatch value? Since all the mystery is going to be gone in a second watch.

Overated shit

I think that Johan's power, skills, ability to stay hidden and influence over people stretched credibility a bit too much.
Kind of the same problem I had with Friend.