Just about to start this. Thoughts Sup Forums?

Just about to start this. Thoughts Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

endchan.xyz/.media/a18332e643d7cb83515627b693496fc0-applicationpdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the yuru yuri manga is better

Not a very good book, sadly.

What didn't you like?
For a prole he wrote some good shit about commies.

Remember that German nazism was a reaction to international communism. That was and is the primary enemy of the Nazis.

Its a good book, but not exactly a day brightener. Very serious with (understandably) no comedic relief. I recommend reading it when you're in a bad or gloomy mood so you dont get your parade rained on. I read it while i was in a depression and finished it in 5ish sessions, really hit hard.

Not sure if it'll come across in a translation, but he just wasn't a good writer. Syntax is terrible, expression is cheesy and sanctimonious and it's not very well structured.

>he just wasn't a good writer
interesting opinion. i dont necessarily agree with you, but i can see where you're coming from. He's one of the worlds greatest orators, not writers. You also have to keep in mind that he wrote it out of anger in a prison cell for 6 years.

what's your idea of good writing or whats your favorite book. Just curious

First half is pretty good, second half goes off the rails.

Rambling. That's all it is. I tried to read it a couple times but couldn't do it.
Rambling.

Since you're a German, I'll ask.

Does anyone write prose better than Schopenhauer?
>I'm leaning towards no.

Depends. Contemporary would be Houllebecq (who I can't read without a translation, sadly), overall would probably be Kafka, Brecht and Orwell.

>this lost
>Sup Forums is going to win
All around me are familiar faces

Worn out places

You have to read it with the mentality of Hitler, having his voice in mind. Remember a very conservative "Bavarian" veteran wrote it.

Great book to read, interesting life he had and inform about commies and the jews.
Would read again.
Holohoax/10

The unedited version of the book in English:

endchan.xyz/.media/a18332e643d7cb83515627b693496fc0-applicationpdf

Schopenhauer is one of the sharpest (prose) writers in existence, no doubt. Someone who has the same bite, but might be a little drier than Schopenhauer is Kant.

I would also argue that Nietzsche - despite his shortcomings - is unorthodox enough to also warrant a mention.

?

I see your point, but I disagree. No props should be necessary for a book to be good.

can someone post in this thread for me and tell the OP he got the wrong copy

someone said to say this on IRC

The book is only annotated for historical references.
It's pretty clean otherwise.

wut

Seems to me that Kant has too little personality and Nietzsche too much. Arthur cuts fuckin diamonds

That's fair.
Are you reading the pieces in German or English?

unless its the 1947 stalag translation you are wasting your time. all the other versions have been edited

Can't be reached.

Very good book.

You got the wrong version.

Several versions are heavily edited.