Why do normies laugh at everything all the time?

Why do normies want to turn everything into entertainment and party?

Why are normies obsessively laughing at things and are trying to convince other people to do so through tv, photos and social activism?

Why are normies constantly pretending they are laughing and smiling all the time, through social media and such? What the fuck is wrong with normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0n4FhNrRo
youtube.com/watch?v=ytnFVbdlaSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because everyone is dead inside and normies try to fill it with laughs and happiness, not red and black pills

It is their eternal quest to stave of the nihilism that chases them. Their endless hedonism is the only wall between them and boundless despair. They have nothing to live for.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0n4FhNrRo

Conditioning and social engineering.

Causing the viewers to kill themselves or riot won't make them sit infront of the TV anymore

This

based serb is right.

>Why do normies want to turn everything into entertainment and party?
Because normaltards are the pond scum of the rotten standing water pool that is modern dat civilization. You will never see these type of faggots existing when times are hard, we need a war on american soil or an ayylmao invasion or a fucking australia sized meteor to crash down. All I know SOMETHING has to come and put an end to the cancer that is neurotypicity.

The signifier has become detached from the signified. I call it the Daily Show effect.

People no longer laugh because of a reason. They laugh to make people--even themselves--think they have a reason.

It's the ultimate brainwashing tool. If you're told to laugh on cue--along with a studio audience, ideally--you'll retroactively think there was a reason for it. The posited reason is usually that conservatives are stupid.

Same thing with social media. You don't smile because you're happy. You smile to make others think you're happy.

How many layers of simulacra are we even on my dude

Because they're uncomfortable af. It's easier to laugh and party like an ignorant asshole than talk about everything in the world that scares the shit out of you. They all want to die, they all feel less useful the anyone that regulars these forums. Laughing and making everything entertainment is the same as getting lost in an introverted activity (gaming, reading), they're all just distractions. Bread and circuses.

List for pleasure and happiness instead of peace and tranquillity. Why so many normie use drugs and alcohol.

yes, it's like people don't want to communicate with each other, but only aesthetical and emotional stimulus is what makes people still cooperate, but this is only a sign of a coming fall of civilization. People don't name things anymore, this is an emotional ping pong, suddenly reacting to any stimulus that appears, like animals

Insecure or full autists

>How many layers of simulacra are we even on my dude
TWO MANY.

Mass media has convinced them if they are not happy/laughing 100% of the time then they are in fact "depressed" and something is wrong with them.

A strong mind does not need constant stimuli to be content, where as a normie mind does.

>look at me, my life is so interesting and aren't I cool!
>mfw they're boring af

To trick the fear inside.

>if I don't laugh, I'll cry

they dont want to realise how empty life and existence is
they run away from serious questions bc they are terrified of reality

there is nothing more pathetic and disgusting than laughter

ITT: 30y old virgins who dont laugh because muh jews control evrythung

Because what seperate normies from you... well, from us, is that they're still capable of being happy and that... we have become too jaded for it.

They're drunk

Exactly this, normies breathe aswell you know, you gonna stop doing that one day.

Life is fuckin short, the world is shite, we're not going to get out alive, meanwhile you're posting on a Columbian cockroach racing board

In a lot of my interactions with normies, I maintained a calm yet sober composure, without exaggerating my emotions. Threw in a couple moments of silence here and there. It completely messes up their mental state, as soon as they stop acting like hyperactive chimps who live for entertainment, the voice at the back of their heads starts to kick in telling them their lives are hollow and pointless.

Most of them have not had a chance to mature emotionally, so the standard reaction from these people, after a brief period of confusion, is anger which will no doubt be directed at you, when, in fact, you are just pointing out the problem.

This.
It’s a Coping mechanism. People as a whole are sheep. They only care what keeps them alive, and what keeps them alive is feel good gimmicks that keep them happy for a while till they get their next fix of endorphins. Espacism at its finest.

Sounds like you're talking about this. Mass shooter Sam Hyde made the same exact point.
youtube.com/watch?v=ytnFVbdlaSo

>s-smile user, it's what a well adjusted member of society must do.

They are miserable, narcissistic fucks who project what they want you to believe about them.

As though this forum doesn't do heinous shit for lulz.

>oh my god user, why are you so quiet? :D Can't you be more like me and talk about Game of Thrones and how BASED Danny is haha :DD

> I am a successful member of society, user, and I am happy with my life.

Sometimes I wonder if normies are even able to properly recognize facial expressions anymore, because only people with severe perceptual distortions would think this is normal.

The smile is the in eyes.

This smile says “I don’t even know why I’m still living”

Last one for emphasis.

I know why polish scum

Life is shit. They pretend that life is good when they are the slaves of this society.

You're pompous and mean. Become the man people want to follow.

Yes, the eyes are the window to the soul. There's nothing like a set of deep, beautiful eyes to show that you really care.

Snowman

Ignorance is bliss.

lulz in private by yourself are not the same as communal lulz you fucking concubine

they try to make everybody believe that they are happy
It is the same when you go to a party
>boring as hell
>everybody talking about going home or watching a movie
next day, facebook full of pictures of everyone having a blast in the party, and giving shouts to the host

another good example is going to a club because you want to see a live performance of a DJ
it is always a prerecorded crap that lasts for literally 40 minutes
you can't even tell if the guy pressing play is even the DJ
next day:
>amazing performance from DJ YOLOswagboi
>the club will remember yesterday's night as legendary
hype culture

To save a man, you must first break him.

then why are normies so often into alcohol, drugs, sex and why are they also kinda angry?

he looks like he is straining on the toilet..not smiling

dude, this is spot on

They are happy, they don't know any better. It was me in college drinking and fucking sluts every weekend or so. it gets tiresome after a couple years. Then the real world hits and some pretend like it doesn't exist and get a wagecuck job and others attempt to conquer it.

a) they are obsessed with what people think of them

b) they have the minds of children and think only of immediate satisfaction and comfort

This guy should be the Harold of /biz/. If I could just meme him into power.

Intense use, rather than occasional recreational use, of alcohol and drugs is something that I associate more with people who aren't exactly normies. I myself don't drink but most really have drinkers I know are people who've seen some shit.

Sex... well, because they get to have it.

The time will come when you fucks will not laugh no more

holy shit get out of my head

Millenials based their entire existence on Friends and imagined their life as some sort of shitty sitcom. It's sad really.

>be American liberal trend-following dweeb
>politics becomes trendy
>trendy place to watch it is The Now Program with Bobby Cummings
>the show opens with a recorded studio audience cheering
>Bobby says some non-sequitur and the laugh track plays
>show begins with political topic and plays 20 seconds of something
>Bobby gives a smug look or a quip
>laugh track plays
>another 20 seconds of the political issue plays
>laugh track plays
>another 20 seconds plays
>laugh track plays
>the last 20 seconds play
>Bobby reads a lambasting tirade off his sheet
>the audience cheers when the "CHEER" cue card is shown
>show switches to a new story about pop culture
>laugh track plays
>another political story shows up, playing 20 seconds of something
>laugh track plays
>another 20 seconds of the political issue plays
>laugh track plays
>another 20 seconds plays
>laugh track plays
>the last 20 seconds play
>Bobby reads a lambasting tirade off his sheet
>the audience cheers when the "CHEER" cue card is shown

This entire process is repeated for 30 minutes to an hour per show, and they're shown either weekly or daily. The intent is the person viewing this shit is programmed to think that disagreeing with their idols' views on an issue is so stupid that it deserves ridicule. The problem is it touches something more foundational in peoples' thought process, which results in laughter as the reaction to nearly everything. When you pair that to how these people are constantly bombarded with suggestions to be as hedonistic and self-serving as possible, they begin to only think about themselves and felling good all the time. They're stunted as human beings.

>Increasingly, many individuals in this society do not have an overall or an individual meaning. That’s why they live moment-to-moment and day-to-day in relation to contingency and consumption. The point of great civilization as expressed in great art, is to raise people out of that particular trough and get them — if only momentarily — looking upwards, looking upwards towards the sky.Looking upwards towards higher forms.Looking upwards towards the prospect of archetypal forms.Looking upwards towards the religions of the past, the present, and the future.Looking upwards towards God or the gods, or the idea that they might be there, or the idea that it might be necessary that they’re there, even if you don’t think that they are.That’s the point of great civilization.That’s the point of great work.That’s the point of great art.

>But the doctrine of transcendence is a religious doctrine, essentially.Or is a psycho-social, psycho-emotional, and linguistic pattern which portends to religious belief whether one has any religious belief or not.It means that one believes there are things above the things that face you, and there are things above that, and there are things above those things.Or at least there’s the possibility that such might be the case.

>So you’re looking upwards, rather than looking downwards.This is why people go to tragedy and feel exhilarated afterwards, rather than feeling depressed, or out of sorts, or mildly mentally deranged by the depiction of cruelty.It’s because it occurs within the context of a spiritual revelation which is transcendent.But the whole purpose of this sort of culture which we live in today, as Evola and other thinkers have put it, is not to have transcendence at all.It’s to keep man at a certain level.Ultimately, a level of consumption.The expulsion of energy, the repletion of energy, the consumption of goods, the depletion of the consumption of those goods, the need to consume even more of such goods.

Alright i got it, but whats the alternative? You guys dont have answers to the fundamental questions of life !?

when does this idiocy start? I remember very well such behaviour from at least secondary school and high school for sure. Already then you had all those "funny" people constantly making stupid faces, being hyperactive, taking photos obsessively, laughing loud at everything, trying to show one another who was better at partying

Newsflash, not being a paranoid schizophrenic virgin faggot who has a bleak outlook on everything often results in being a happy person

You are a faggot of the highest order OP

Is that some sort of cocksucker?

I'm not saying normies are alcoholics, but being drinking throughout the week isn't anything alien to them, they drink frequently. Then they are also impulsive and angry, when put in proper context. Petty and malicious

the value of what you say is entirely dependent on whether your friends give it token approval or not

1. Nobody has the answers to "the big questions".
2. You don't deserve the answers anyway.
3. Namefaggot.

you are being a silly goof

t. animalistic pleb

>results in being a happy person
No it doesn't. Just go back to read it to see, you fucking retard!

Facts

Chris Gethard show?

you should then show them your nunchucks and sweet ninja moves

And on the subject of the pictures people take of themselves:
(there's a Bowden quote for everything)

>Alex Kurtagić is a friend of mine who’s known to certain people in this room, and he wrote a very interesting article a couple of years ago about the decline of the modern face. The decline of the modern face. It was an article in physiognomy, which is quite a technique of analysis in the 19th century. Have you noticed that most people when they’re photographed today wish to look as nice as possible, as reflexive as possible, as open-hearted as possible? They’re pleading to be liked. Whereas he dug up all of these photographs of missionaries from the late 19th century and Shakers from New England—remember that cult called the Shakers?—they used to have these ecstatic dances, they all died out because they were frightened of sexual intercourse—which of course will occur, because if you’re frightened of the one you will certainly meet the other. But the face of these Shakers was furious. Even just to pose nicely for the camera they would look like this. They would look with a demonic intensity and ferocity and sense of themselves and sense of courageous purpose and that sort of thing.

>Today you’re regarded as mentally ill if you look like that for your own portrait, aren’t you? And yet what they were doing is they were putting on a face. They were putting on the way in which they wish to be perceived by the world. It was like sitting for portrait, sitting for an oil portrait. You didn’t show your weakest or your most reflexive or your most kind-hearted side; that, if it existed, was for private use. This was a public face. And in the decline of the West’s public face you can see writ large the decline in the spirit of ourselves which has occurred over the past last century, and which has accelerated over the last century.

>you aren't really happy coz I said so
Cope some more faggot

There's nothing animalistic about enjoying life, you are just an autistic incel who can't attain social status and happiness so you default back to whining about "normies" with other like minded people like the r9k virgins

All forms of political extremism come from frustrated sexual desires

Found a pic of op

Because the have the bliss of ignorance.

>A very large part of the British people today consists of lazy, mindless, scruffy and indolent slobs, lacking even the elementary personal pride that is the basis of pride in nation and race. They chuck litter about our streets with the same abandon as they get drunk in foreign tourist resorts, bringing disgrace upon their country as much as they annoy the local citizens and police. Young football mobsters are the worst of these species and, although they may be deemed a small minority of the population, are nevertheless a minority not equalled anywhere abroad.

>Another large part consists of those who are sober, respectable folk, who behave properly in private and in public, who do an honest day’s work, who look prim and smart and who observe the law but who are total sheep when it comes to political awareness, let alone political action, and who have cultivated the faculty of isolating themselves behind their double-glazed windows and privet hedges into a little private world of their own in which they are responsible only for family, home and job and can ignore the filth, squalor and bankruptcy of the country around them.

>Will a nation today compounded mainly of these two elements “wake up” and take its destiny into its own hands, turning on its misgovernors and recovering its will to greatness? Not a chance!

This is legitimately an interesting post.

>All forms of political extremism come from frustrated sexual desires
oh and a degenerate

>people are equal, if I want to live like a stupid animal who doesn't control his desires and drive for pleasure, then it's ok!!!!!!!!!!

I knew this thread would trigger certain normies by pointing out how weird and flat they are

because, believe it or not, some people are actually happy.

Because smiling and making an effort to enjoy your life is always better then self loathing. We're not delusional for wanting happiness, you're fucking delusional for despising other people because they are happy. How do you have time in your life to put energy into such trivial bullshit? Get a fucking grip!

How many times did you cut yourself today, emo fag?

An affected laugh shows lack of self-respect in a man and lewdness in a woman.

The rampant anti-depressant (and drugs in general) use and suicide rate says otherwise.

related to topic: i laughed at this, genuinely. a harty chuckle by myself. unless you count my lovely brindle

Can't have racial or national pride if you have no pride in yourself at an individual level.

If people were happy with this life they wouldn't routinely intake drink and drugs that remove them from it.

The world is shit, better turn away from it, never get upset, don't get caught up thinking negative things.
If you do, you're a buzzkill.

>stop liking things I don't like!
I remember when Sup Forums used to post this in every autism thread back in the day

What a moron you are. I suppose, people like, say, pope Benedict XVI, to you would be a sad, depressed emo? You're a flat animal and proud of it

If you want to find out someones intelligence figure out what they laugh at.
Someone who gets a knee jerk gut reaction to anything with surface level values is most likely a modernized troglodyte lucky enough to be fitted with clothes and a home due to the wonders of capitalism.
>"Were not delusional for wanting happiness"
Stop being a bitch, open a fucking book

fucking kek

I bet I could read your arm with a bar code scanner.

And a nation can't conduct itself with a sense of confidence and purpose if the people and the leaders are self-conscious. It happened to us after Suez, in which we were humiliated as nation and have never recovered.

>The time will come when you fucks will not laugh no more
is when you pull your pants up?

There's no coming back from an Australia sized meteor bud. That's world ending.

>laughing is bad

This is ultimately what it is about: bread and circuses. That's why after the Manchester bombing they put on a feel-good music concert because the people were getting genuinely mad and calling for using our off-land territories as our own Gitmo for terrorists.

Can't have the goyim wake up, become angry and passionate, and demand changes!

There's nothing wrong with laughing or joking about anything. It turns grave and sad situations into something funny that can be coped with. I don't see anything wrong with people trying to laugh and make light of any situation. Morbid humor is not uncommon nor should it be.