Isn't it strange for Japanese people to refer to themselves by name...

Isn't it strange for Japanese people to refer to themselves by name? It's like if my name was Hollandese then I would say "Hollandese is hungry" if I was hungry. It's really strange. You're talking about yourself like you were another person. Are Japanese people slowly going?

This doesn't happen

careful, or else the janny's gonna give ya a whollop

Why is that loli playing her flute while on the toilet?

ask /jp/

As a gaijin, I also think it's strange as fuck. Same for when they refer to others by their name instead of just "you". To the Japs, its second nature. Don't know why.

Yes it does. Stop being an American and listen to what they're saying once in a while.

It does. I see it all the time in animes.

They don't, generally.

Most Japanese won't even say "I'm hungry."

They'll say the equivalent of "is Hungry" or "Hungry"

>flute

She is trying to hide the sound of her farts.

Why not?

*Why is that loli playing the harmonica while on the toilet?

Is this a disguised loli thread?

Sorry. Should have said "why is that man playing that recorder while in the toilet?"

yes

"You" words in Japanese are either incredibly specific or are incredibly vague and expansive.

There is also a lot of hierarchy baggage when you say it various "you" words, so it is considered far more neutral and polite to use someone's name or surname, which is more to the point in indicating who "you" is, and is free from baggage.

This. What OP described is considered very childish even by Japanese standards. The difference in Japanese is actually when speaking to someone you are more likely refer to them with their name instead of 'you'.

It's a recorder. Flutes are usually made of metal and would be perpendicular to a person standing up.
And just so you know, the mouthpiece is carved into the instrument and doesn't rely on an external reed so it's not an oboe or clarinet.

What's the point of carving holes into stuff anymore now that we can synthesize every sound anyway?

Is this bait or do you not know what speaking in 3rd person is?

It's done by kings or queens, not common people. Do you say "faggot wants to suck dick" when you're with your lover or do you just say "I want to suck dick"?

Why is she wearing a backpack while pissing?

Wjat os love?

It's mostly an anime thing. You're not going to encounter many people over the age of 10 who do that.

Females sometimes do it because acting like children is considered to be kawaii for females.

Mods

bby dunt hurt me

it happens in all language, theyre trying to talk in third person trying to be cute, but theyre just being arrogant

I always speak in 3rd person and I'm not even japanese!

nobody ever loved me a nd I will die alone

Yeah, there's also the burikko thing but even then it's often done as a joke and mostly by teens.

Personal enjoyment in learning to play something.

>I always speak in 3rd person and I'm not even japanese!
>I
>I'm
>I always speak in 3rd person

You just contradicted yourself.

>Hollandese

What kind of eastern European shithole name is that?

It's uncveontional, but it isn't abnormal. English language have such narrative technique and grammar rule too. In fictional literal, it's used to conveys certain connotation about the characters that refers to themselves by name.

Japan just does better and cuter.

The Japanese really need to get rid of external influence and preserve their unique culture. I was really afraid wjen sometbody posted that a half-breed was part of Abe's govern,ment recently.

Why is he recording that naked loli on the toilet?

>he thinks synthesized instruments sound anything like real ones

I don't think it's bad to open yourself up to change, as long as it isn't forced.

That's the most important thing: People have to change at a reasonable pace.

all versions of you are considered impolite and you don't need to restate the subject in every sentence so saying their name doesn't get annoying

How does a perfect recording of something sound different than the original?

Ah, western European shithole, my bad.

That will lead to the world being one big degenerate melting pot instead of having different unique cultures that have pride. Just look at the fatties. It's disgraceful!

>Yes it does. Stop being an American and listen to what they're saying once in a while.
Perhaps you should.
Only little kids and idols trying to be "kawaii" refer to themselves in the third person. Everyone else uses boku, jibun, ore, watashi and atashi.

Let's play dodge ball.

was meant for

Not really.

Most people don't migrate, and most people don't want to take in migrants.

The problem with everything becoming giant degenerate melting pots is that people are FORCING change.

Change is inevitable, because nothing is static. Preventing change just causes a backlash. What nations need to do is figure out what a good rate of change is, and to evaluate the changes you're undergoing as it happens.

You're watching retarded shit, stop watching retarded shit.

there's a difference between mere change and imposition. for instance, look at French music. they listen to their own music which changes over time due to all kinds of facotrs. then look at other countries that listen to the ape music simply because they're being flooded with ape music. ideally, every nation state should be absolutely isolated from the other.

are women wearing tights just to irritate us or are they really comfortable?

>what is anata?

Archer pls.

not a loli

Sounds like bullshit to me. My Japanese animes are more proof then whatever you say, kid.

I didn't read the manga but I have to know now: will Yui senpai and Chinotose become a couple?

vote for Trump

why do toenails smell bed?

>ape music

Or maybe hip-hop is just versatile at its core.

Considering that every country in Africa has its own special brand of it that sounds nothing like anything else.

Also, hip hop has been pretty popular in France since the early 90's.

>>what is anata?
>all versions of you are considered impolite

Great non-argument.

Were you asking a question?

onaka suita~

Why is her piss steaming? Is it really cold in there?

why is she naked except for her randoseru?

its a turbo toilet

You sound new to this whole 'Japan' business

My 3DPD girlfriend does this.

It's childish but really, this whole culture has infantilized itself and it beats dating other foreigners who are usually stupid enough to think Japan is just like their animes, or jaded enough to already become an alcoholic years ago.

naked with socks on?

Sup Forums is not your blog.

Born in japan here,

It is strange. It's something little girls or immature adults do. My 25yo sister does it among the family and we always give her shit for it

The entire world is already a big degenerate melting pot and has been for over a hunnit years. No use complaining about it.

Except for Japan and like the andaman islands

Is your sister cute?

>25yo

That makes sense actually. I've known grills that were full grown adults with kids of their own that talk to their parents like stupid children.

Don't usually kids use themselves as a pronoun. Though it's still fucking weird having teenagers and above speaking in third person.

It's sweet and transverse flute for you nigga. Calling it recorder is the most retarded thing brits could ever come up with.

He was phrasing a counterpoint in the form of a question as though he was answering a question on jeopardy, because years of internet use has caused his ability to articulate himself coherently to atrophy.

I think he was trying to suggest that since romantic couples may sometimes privately use informal nonspecific pronouns to refer to one another, that this somehow makes them polite pronouns. He then got very upset when you did not infer this entire argument from his jeopardy meme.

In Vietnamese, there are hundreds of equivalents of "you", so people prefer address themselves by name instead of thinking the correct equivalent pronoun.

>calling a different instrument from a flute something other than "flute" is retarded
Yeah, no.

Jesus, let this fucking thread die already

No.

r u a real bedophill?????

t. pedoscum mad at toddlerbros

sorry bedo, suck it up

never!

>His sister is a Christmas Cake trying to sound young and cute
Oh fuck

It's just a trait of a cute character. Subs almost never bother to reflect it.

To be honest in my language a recorder is called a flute. Dunno about others.

In some languages a recorder is called "sweet flute".

Oh no... Your sister is a retard.

Only kids that.

Not Japanese but I think at least 50% of people speaking my language still refer to themselves in 3rd person regardless of age especially when speaking with their parents.

At least my family does.

It's cute. I have no idea why they do it, but it's cute and I love when a cute girl does that.

Are you Indonesian by any chance?

Close, it's the neighbour using the same language.