Can someone explain to me exactly why Subaru is so obsessed with a girl who has only shown him some passing acts of...

Can someone explain to me exactly why Subaru is so obsessed with a girl who has only shown him some passing acts of kindness and vulnerability?

Why does he insist on loving a girl who knows nothing about him, is aware that his character is rotten, and has shown no romantic interest in him? It's like he wants her to love him because that's how he believes it should be, and just ignores any other options or evidence to the contrary.

Why?

He's dumb

I stopped watching at ep 16, i was just getting sick of the whole show at that point.

He literally shows up and the very first cute girl he sees he instantly waifus her. He doesn't scope out any other options, he doesn't even consider Rem when she confesses her feelings later on.

Its like he believes he is the "main character" and deserves the "best girl". When in reality he's a piece of shit and Emilia is only nice to him because he tries really hard to no avail.

Honestly he's just really stupid or he's poorly written, possibly both

It's a McGuffin. A stupid plot device to motivate him to action and advance the plot.

Probably because Rem murdered and tortured him.

I enjoy watching it because it's like a commentary on all the character qualities of a person who would choose to be a NEET despite being so young, and the thought processes they have. It also is a bit more realistic of a portrayal of what would happen if a protagonist of an isekai ended up in his position with all their negative character traits.

I mean, if his obsession with Emilia is just a reflection of his greed in how things just should go his way because it's what he's owed then I can understand it being another aspect of his deplorable character.

By that logic, the fact that Emilia rejected him on other previous occasions would be something he takes into consideration. He seems perfectly fine with accepting that Emilia wouldn't remember his first day with her, so her ambivalence to him is understandable. However, if he also cares about Rem murdering him then that would mean he suddenly doesn't overlook events that happened in his other lives even if the circumstances were justified.

So what, he has a double standard for anyone who isn't Emilia?

Bc the witch looks exactly like emi. The witch has a spell to make him love her. Only reason rem loves subaru is bc her horn got smacked in ep 10. Mahbeasts obey you when you cut off theirs horns. Clown man cut rams horn off

>it's because he believes he is the main character
I think people are finally starting to understand this show

Subaru is Flugel
He summoned Al 18 years ago(shortly before he was born on Earth) as a test before reincarnating on Earth
Emilia is the vessel for freeing his waifu Satella
In the time between revivals he remembers that he's on a mission to save her.
Even without his memories he's subconsciously moving towards his goal. His attraction to Emilia is manufactured by himself or Satella so his amnesiac self stays close to her to help prime her with the Ordeals.

Those sound like pretty important plot points to just withhold from the audience. Is this from the LN?

It's been pretty obvious right from how he acted within the first 5 minutes of the first episode. It's just that the entire show has been about reality kicking him in the gut about how that mentality is wrong, and yet he still fails to acknowledge it. I think that's why people are confused and looking for explanations. There's no reason for him to ignore reality at this point.

>Those sound like pretty important plot points to just withhold from the audience. Is this from the LN?
Are you really that dumb?

Well, he actually got pretty far with that mentality thanks to his convenient power. He even got one girl to fall for him. Basically as soon as the royal selection happened that's when he started having to face reality, and then a few episodes later he's evidently moved past it for the most part.

I have no idea whether he's being serious or not, so yeah I guess so.

>trying to base romantic attraction off of logic

>yet he still fails to acknowledge it. I think that's why people are confused and looking for explanations. There's no reason for him to ignore reality at this point.
Did you not watch the previous episode?

This is the most accurate portrayal of a NEET with no social awareness I've ever seen in an anime

he's a cringy retard and he's close to ruining the anime for me

nice blog, feels like I've read it before though.

I did, and I would agree with you in believing that he has started acknowledging reality if it weren't for the fact that he still seems to love Emilia for no discernible reason.

I've probably written something similar about shinji in a previous blog post

>Can someone explain to me exactly why Subaru is so obsessed with a girl who has only shown him some passing acts of kindness and vulnerability?

>acknowledges reality
>I love emilia
>still a complete retard when it comes to his power

There generally isn't a "reason" for love.

>>still a complete retard when it comes to his power
How so?

There is already a thread, you fucking abortion.

He's a NEET. He's probably never liked another human beeing before. Emilia was probably the first women who's ever been nice to him. Subaru is severly damaged so he lached onto the first girl who showed him any kindness. Why is this so hard to understand?

This is the shitposting one though. Can't you tell from all the bait

He wouldn't suddenly fall out of love, it's not like his experiences with Emilia were "fake". Well unless you count the possible Satella lookalike influences.

Emilia will be devastated when she learns Subaru is just using her for her body. to give to Satella

>he lached onto the first girl who showed him any kindness
>Why is this so hard to understand?

Because there's another girl who has shown him even more kindness than Emilia who follows him around everywhere and has arguably spent more time with him than Emilia?

If kindness was the determining factor, Emilia wouldn't remain his interest.

I figured making multiple Re:Zero threads a day was par the course, and that my question wouldn't be overlooked in a sea of posts if I posed it in this way.

Probably due to Satella making him fall for her.

Pretty sure you mean you bait not question. Maybe you wanted to start a circlejerk? It's been posted far too many times.

>your bait*

I don't really care as long as I get some kind of satisfactory answer.

Bc she's first and main girl

Is this true? If so, I'm cool with that.

yes

>I figured
Lurk for two years before figuring.

He fell in love with a kind girl who sacrificed herself to help others without realizing she's just a huge autist. What's so hard to understand? The loops may not count for anyone else but her lived them and they're in his mind like they happened.

Not that any of it matters because his feelings are being manipulated by the witch

>is aware that his character is rotten
not true, she's too retarded to know the real him. Unlike Rem

Because he is in love.
Shit you only see in anime, I know.

Emilia should make her hood her official army gear.

Are you dumb? She's the main heroine.

No it's one of the many theories of the series.

Bad writing.

>Subaru Natsuki!
every time

>Why does he insist on loving a girl who knows nothing about him, is aware that his character is rotten, and has shown no romantic interest in him?
>Why is this overused anime trope present in my seasonal anime?
I'm glad they pointed out he's a bad person, but let's be real, Emilia will come around.

Because fall in love the person you like and not sucks your dick more. Not suprised you don't understand such a basic concept and treat love like a monetary transaction.

That's a lie. Rem in the manga and LN even complains that Subaru is always spending a;l his time with Emilia whenever he gets the chance.

Same writing style complete with an exclamation point, among other hints all over the WN.

>In the time between revivals he remembers that he's on a mission to save her.
Does happen. He doesn't remember while alive though

>Emilia is the vessel for freeing his waifu Satella
She is called the vessel and the Ordeal's are meant to prepare her for something. Being called a vessel obviously means she's going to be filled with something. The Witch Cult serves Satella. Subaru's goal is to "one day hold her hand again"

>Subaru's goal is to "one day hold her hand again"
Like his promise to save her while grasping her hand in the first and last scene of the first episode? Makes sense. I kind of assumed something like that was going on. Is this just usual LN tier writing? It seems a little too obvious.

You ever watch the movie Groundhog Day?

There's a fan theory that Bill Murray's character relived the same day for hundreds of years and the audience just never saw the other days he lived.

The same thing could be happening here. Maybe in between him first meeting Emilia and the plot starting, he relived meeting her for the first time for years. At this point he's just brainwashed.

Started off with a crush and seeing her as the heroine/princess. Using her as a symbol for his own pride. And essentially, she gave him a reason for existing in this world. If you hadn't noticed, Subaru's character is looking for a reason to exist and matter.

>There's a fan theory that Bill Murray's character relived the same day for hundreds of years and the audience just never saw the other days he lived.
he clearly lived that day more then the audience saw. Just watch how he wraps up the day. he had to have lived many many many days off screen to get all of that right. Heck, remember his quasi date mid movie with andy mcdowell? He's throwing cards into the hat and explains it took him over 90 days to master that.