Bleach

Can we have a thread with Isane in the OP?

Spoilers when?

Seven more days. I can't fucking wait.

>Isane

doesn't look like her to me m8

Isane with new haircut is cute.

Who here excited for [databooks]?

she kinda looks like a pussy version of Shinji, goes to show how important details are

No one

>implying that's the super special announcement
It's going to be about Brave Souls.

They wouldn't have so much hype for something so ordinary.

It's got to be either a manga spinoff, an anime continuation, or a live action movie.

Only if it's titled "The Big Book Of Everything Kubo Hyped, But Never Delivered - Now Fully Explained"

Some faggots might say that is heresy. I for one think she looks cute, and has grown up a little. She did not fall apart when Unohana died.

The first Radio Kon in five years was about fucking Mobage. I have no faith in any announcements.

>"The Big Book Of Everything Kubo Hyped, But Never Delivered - Now Fully Explained"

Just to clarify, it's the first Radio Kon in ten fucking years. What a joke.

Picture of Databook

So I feel bothered that Renji isn't one of the new captains. Like I always kind of figured from about the soul society arc on that Renji would make captain some day and when Byakuya got fucked up I took it as the very obvious setup for that to occur.

But no apparently he's still a lieutenant. I figure it's obvious that he's more powerful than about half of the current and new captains, but as of this arc isn't he supposed to be one of THE very most powerful soul reapers? Like top three non-ichigo tier?

I mean jokes about Renji jobbing aside he SHOULD theoretically be ultra suited for it

Kubo shared he is not captain material. I dont remember in which interview. I think last year in 13 Blades.

to become a captain one also needs to apply for the position, maybe Renji likes his current position, presumably under Rukia?

Captains other than from the 11 squad spend all their time doing paper work. Renji does not want to do that bullshit, and is perfectly satisfied being VC, and doing foot work like Ikkaku.

Get your head slammed into the wall you ESL faggot. I hope you get caught stealing internet and the police beat the shit out of you and throw you in jail.
There's two possibilities. First, he only wants to be the captain of the Sixth Division. He can't do that until Byakuya fucks off. Second, it could be that he wants to be Rukia's Vice Captain.

That interview was retarded. His explanation made absolutely no sense.

The entire point of Renji's character is that he's a stray dog looking for his day. He'll always aim for great heights, but fall short. That's why his loss to Byakuya in the SS arc is so heartbreaking, and why the few times since that he's squeaked out small victories were fun. It's(usually) entertaining because he's not a downer about it; he'll always get up and try again. He'll always be hopeful, so its not an example of Kubo being a sadist or anything.

He's a less shitty Rock Lee.

Or he's just weaker than the current captains

>you wouldn't fuck both pussy and non-pussy versions of 2nd best boy and actual best girl

Stop, son. You're talking like a faggot.

Isane looks so moe blobbish.

I want to hug her.

You niggas are forgetting that Renji never said that he wants to be a captain. As a VC he already reached quite a lot as a Shinigami. He was a fucking street kid.

Are you serious? There's a reason he trained with the Royal Guard.

He didn't cheat like Rukia did. Good for him.

That is NOT the picture I posted. What in the hell?

Renji's waiting outside the room for the ceremony. If he's still a lieutenant of the Gotei 13, of ANY division, then he should be inside.

So Renji must be no longer in the Gotei 13 and has been promoted to the Zero Division in some capacity.

Alternatively, Renji just entered immediately before or after Rukia and him being outside was meaningless. But that would mean that he didn't get promoted while Rukia went from unseated all the way to captain, which is just sad.

Given what you typed I'm pretty sure you posted the correct picture the first time.

If you look at the collective of captains now and compare it to the captains who were around back in the SS arc, you can tell that the Gotei 13 are really, REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

Also, to push the dog analogy further; dogs are dumb. You can kick them and give it enough time they'll love you again. Please don't kick dogs, though.

>Or he's just weaker than the current captains

He beat the guy who nearly killed Kensei and Rose.

Rukia never cheated.

Or he's just Rukia's Vice Captain.

>Renji
>Zero Division
Are you drunk?

Haven't read Bleach in the longest time.

Who is this character on OP's pic?

Literally got made a VC for being Hisana's sister and therefore related to Byakuya.

>Komamura may be dead or at the very least is still in Shib mode
Don't do this to me bleach, at least say he's still around and a powerful dog monster or some shit. He's had it so Ruff don't do this too him too.

Image glitches do happen, but it's highly unlikely that you would get another Bleach image due to Sup Forums messing up. You probably just posted the wrong picture from your Bleach folder.

She did cheat.
I laughed. It's confirmed that the doggy is just that, a doggy. Otherwise Iba wouldn't be a fucking captain.

>Or he's just Rukia's Vice Captain.

No, the 13th Division vice captain should already be inside. Hiyori was lined up properly when Urahara entered.

>aizen had an arrancar dog #35 in his army
He is higher than Loly and Menoly

Renji could be a lieutenant in the Zero Division if Ichigo is a captain in the Zero Division and selected Renji as his lieutenant.

It's a crack theory but it explains why Renji isn't inside the room and why his badge isn't visible.

That is the result of nepotism, and hierarchy with recommendations.

Cheat in what?

If the omake pages in Volume 74 have Iba sitting at his desk or whatever while real dog Komamura sleeps next to it, I'll fucking cry.

>Literally got made a VC for being Hisana's sister and therefore related to Byakuya.

It's the opposite. She was held back from being a seated officer for decades by Byakuya.

There are no captains or VC in the zero division. Just 5 strong guys. Renji being in there is really reaching.

She would have never of had that chance if it wasn't for Byakuya.

>weaker than the current captains
And how many of them know the true name of their Zanpakuto?

He's arguably stronger than anyone in that room, with the only valid arguments being Rukia, Kenapchi when he isn't jobbing to himself, Toshiro in Fullbring-thefujosout mode and at a far stretch: Kyoraku and Byakuya.

>Jobs to Yhwach

Who doesn't? The only people actually able to stand on that battlefield are Ichigo, best boy Aizen, the silver arrowhead (not even the actual arrow or Uryuu) and Renji himself.

Which ultimately means she didn't go through the struggle that Renji did.

Until he made her a VC right away.

I just hope Ichigo is still some kind of factor in the soul society, even if its just his normal position of an on call guy they ask to fuck shit up every now and then.

I REALLY don't want him to have put down his sword forever or not gotten it fixed or any of that shit, especially since we got a whole arc of why that doesn't fucking work for him.

I really hate the "anime hero beat up this badguy so he retires into noncombatant status forever" trend

Yeah, that's why it's a crack theory. It relies on Ichigo being in the Zero Division and changing the rules to let his bro in as his lieutenant.

Renji is actually a pretty cool if you see his story as that of an underdog who got a based happy end.

Rukia always had the skills to become a seated officer. It was clearly explained by Chappy.

>She would have never of had that chance if it wasn't for Byakuya.
Sure, but its does not change the fact she is adapt with controlling her spirit energy at an early age. Both her and Renji joined together, and separated depending on their talents, work ethics, and connections. So was the old ways of Soul Society. She obviously worked hard to get accepted by meeting all the criteria.

Like Iba did by being adapt in every field to become a VC. Since he was not particularly talented in any field. Iba was a hard worker, and became qualitified.

>really scrapping the bottom of the barrel

Come on user, stop merely pretending to be retarded.

Of course it seems that way. The captains were the strongest in soul society and had their strength displayed as well as built up through hype and anticipation merely by virtue of the nature of their station.

We remember when all the new captains were not at that level, and we know no one even in that picture is at old-man genocide's level, not even Base Aizen.

If we were introduced to the current captains as they are at the start of the story, we would be intrigued by how strong they possibly are and what they could possibly do because we didn't know at the time. We already have a preconceived notion that the new captains who moved up are far out of their league, with the possible exception of Rukia because Royal Guard training.

>Hey, Captain Iba! Who did you fight during the thousand year blood war?

>Which ultimately means she didn't go through the struggle that Renji did.
Both Rukia and Renji struggled.

>Mediocrity.

You know I actually like Iba for some fucking reason. Don't you dare ask me why because he never does a god damned thing or gets in any on screen fights.

>Until he made her a VC right away.

It's about talent. Rukia had already killed an Espada. Also the VC spot was probably being held open specifically for her by Ukitake.

>You know what's lame Rukia? Eyebrows. Fuck em. I don't know why everybody keeps theirs.

That's Unohana's lieutenant, now her successor as their squad's captain.

He never jobbed, did anything stupid, and always seems to be there when he is needed. Seems like the best reasons to like a character to me.

That definitely won't be the case for Ichigo. At worst, he's still a substitute Shinigami in the real world who runs off and kills Hollows whenever he gets an alert.

However, that doesn't pay any bills and would interfere with whatever job Ichigo would have (still at Unagiya?!). He would be Peter Parker, and Peter Parker's life sucks.

FUKKA U

Where was he during the War besides securing the doggy for fetish reasons?

Not dying, that is for sure.

What did he actually do?

>Fought Ikkaku at the end of the Soul Society arc. It was a draw but they weren't really serious
>Chastised Ikkaku for holding back with Bankai and losing during the start of Fake Karakura
>Cut down by Aizen disguised as Hinamori
>Carried transformed Komamura towards the Quincy citadel. They never arrived

>securing the doggy for fetish reasons?

You mean "providing unequivocal support to your squad captain who sacrificed himself to defeat his opponent"? It's like you don't even loyalty.

>she is literally a wasted character

Kubo is such a fucking hack.

>So I feel bothered that Renji isn't one of the new captains. Like I always kind of figured from about the soul society arc on that Renji would make captain some day

Didn't they all just advance in their own squads or were reinstated in case of Visoreds?
>byakuya dying ever

What does 'wasted character' even mean? Is it another version of "my personal expectations were set too high and therefore I was not satisfied by that result"? Sounds like butthurt to me.

No, he just created the hottest character in the series and had her do absolutely fucking nothing the entire way through. She barely even registers as a character

Kubo is so fucking shit. Thank fuck this shit is ending.

Not everyone is a star of the story.
We never knew anything about the 1st squad lieutnant until he bit the dust

He also tried to fight Ayon in Fake Karakura, a lot of people forget that.

In other words... you're butthurt.

Yes, but we knew from Gin and Urahara that transfers do happen for qualified candidates.

It was a very forgettable fight.

Mayuri's original design is so much better than later incarnations, it's not even funny.

The latest design of him is fucking retarded.

I honestly thought she would have a little something to do with the final assault on the sky palace. being a healer, and a VC. I was expecting her to bet a least a panel or two keeping the other VCs alive from the sniper nigga. Her, and the other were never seen from again till the second to last chapter. No wait, we still haven't seen Omaeda, or Sentaro. Let alone Hanataro

I guess I should feel grateful she did not get off paneled, or forgotten.

Best Captain
Best Espada
Best Sternritter

GO!

Nah brah, Baphomet design is best.

Pharaoh's Head > everything.

>...
>>>/tumblr/

I think the latest design is supposed to confirm the theory that he is based on Baphomet.

>Shunsui
>Starrk
>Askin

>>>/You first/

>Gin
>Grimjaw
>Bazz B

My opinions may be garbage though I honestly don't know.

Those are all high tier choices, especially Gin.

Oh shit I forgot about
>Askin
Ummm...uhhh.......fuck I don't know
I would like Askin exactly 1000 times more if I didn't think his power was stupid as hell

People just hate renji because his bankai is so shit but it's still a bankai and that grants him the right to be a captain.

But that doesn't explain whatthe fuck Yachiru was

>Ummm...uhhh.......fuck I don't know
Kindly kill yourself.

His power is stupid, that's why it's so unpredictable and effective.

Top 5s errywhere

Captains: Urahara, Mayuri, Kensei, Kenpachi, Soifon
Espada: Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Nel, Yammy, Harribel
Sternritter: Candice, Liltotto, Pernida, Askin, Giselle

Yamamoto
Ulquiorra
Giselle

What does Renji's new bankai even do? I know it can shoot shit but it could always do that, does it make him stronger?

It looks great but that doesn't make a whole bankai unfortunately.

While we're on that note what the fuck did Unohana's bankai do? Acid blood?