Why is this show so infamous?

Why is this show so infamous?

The first two episodes alone present a far more captivating romance than all modern contemporaries save for maybe White Album 2.

Yes it gets a bit weird in the second half, but at least the writers took some creative risks. They also deserve plaudits for using sex appropriately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZbaowdFYIs
youtube.com/watch?v=8l0YG5ld7hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Besides OVA's and movies, and think this is the first tv series for many people where they got to see vanilla sex in anime.

Mainly because Bitches and Whores

I liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rZbaowdFYIs

because it has canon ntr lol
>vanillafags on sucidie watch

stay the fuck away from this game it has some truly fuck you moments outside of the two main characters

although maybe they did some justice with the re-re-rerelase, i honestly have no idea

When I watched it over a decade ago I really liked it. Back then it was kind of refreshing to see something that didn't go like a typical anime romance, and felt more like the trainwreck relationships some of the people I knew were going through at the time. I enjoyed the tone of the ending too, where it felt like the characters were trying to move on but seemed destined to make mistakes again. It felt a lot more compelling than all the other romance anime I had seen to that time.

I don't know if it would hold up for me today. The coma stuff really seems like the corniest melodrama and I'm certain that a lot of the writing would just get on my nerves, but I think its worth a watch.

I don't know why this show has a reputation though. It wasn't very popular when it released and for years no one on Sup Forums mentioned it. Is it just because of Muv-Luv or do all old shows that are better than average eventually get their recognition?

Isn't this in the same universe as the first Muv-Luv?

That's because it became utter shit after that girl got trucked: MC was barely doing anything, yet the blue chick was sticking to him because "muh highschool feelings" even though he acted like a complete cunt to her all the time. Yeah it's different, but it doesn't make it good.

I'm in the same boat as you, except I recently re-watched it. Honestly, it's really impressive, even when held to the same standard as more recent anime. The way the characters' internal conflicts are visually portrayed gives the show a sense of richness and emotion you rarely see anymore. It's hard to explain, but I'd encourage you to watch the first two episodes; you can really 'feel' every character.

The melodrama definitely kicks in later on, but even then, I'd still say most of it feels believable.

Mainly MuvLuv, I'd imagine. It has all the major characters, after all. And in a universe where they more or less resolved all of the drama (by killing off that fucking MC)

underage otaku wants Clannad-tier shit and cant into adult romance

also Mitsuki - PURE WAIFU and best girl

>I like him because he's nice and kind
Nice "adult" romance here

Except that isn't why she liked him, you idiot.

That's the reason the other 2 girls fell for him.

Yep, the two main girls are your squadmates and die in Alternative. Same thing for the imouto.

KGNE predates Clannad by half a decade.

I didn't like it ten years ago or whenever that was, but maybe it is worth re-watching as an adult. But Valkyrie Mommy loses, right?

Once again, no it isn't, you idiot.

Hayase got along well with him, and in that process, naturally developed romantic feelings. This was established numerous times throughout the series, so it goes to show that you're a moron.

Haruka had a crush on him. No real distinct reason, but it served as the basis for the story. Again, nothing wrong with such a development.

Just watch the first couple of episodes. If you're not into it by then, drop it.

Yes, though there are OVAs that tell what happens if Bakayuki chose her instead.

Because it's overly melodramatic shit and being different isn't a positive on its own.

As someone who liked the main series, the OVA second season was awful, and I like Haruka.

Everything about it was stupid and sloppily executed. Dropped it half way through the second OVA.

Well then, how's that any different than other countless romance anime out there, you idiot? Girls fall for boring MC after they interact with him for one or two episodes. And the reason is, he's "nice and kind".
>No real distinct reason,
She literally says "MC-kun, it's not fair that you're so kind and nice" after he spout some generic cheesy shit.

It's funny how you bash Clannad and praise this garbage because it has "adult" characters that act like generic anime highschoolers anyway.

Having not watched them myself I had no Idea.

But is it really NTR.

I feel like the outcome is pretty realistic. That's what I enjoyed from this is that despite the unlikely situation "the trucking" that got them there, how the characters play out afterwards are pretty realistic, between the MC, the two girls, and even his best friend. People taking advantage of people at their worst to try and achieve their selfish desires after trying to do the right thing and hold off for so long. That's reality, people aren't perfect. Like what would one really expect to happen in that situation. MC made the adult choice which doesn't happen very often. Also blue haired girl makes mistakes that she can't undo and people are able to get past it.

While different doesn't inherently mean positive, in this case it makes this anime unique. Maybe they had a different target audience not sure, but I definitely enjoyed the ride.

>ntr
>vanilla

If you weren't stupid, you'd know the whole process of falling in love was never the point of the show, it's how the characters deal with it afterward. This is why there's a confession half way through the first episode of a 14 episode series, which serves to set up the rest of the story.

Alas, you're clearly a moron who's been reading too much Nisekoi. Sorry, while Kimi ga Nozomu Eien has its flaws, none of your laughable criticisms apply.

What were they in like middle school or highschool when they first got together?

That's literally all you need to fall in love with someone at that point in life.

>realistic
I like that excuse, you can justify any kind of shitty writing by saying characters acted "realistic". MC is a passive indecisive cunt, yet the girl still loves him? That's realistic. He comes to "deeply" like the orange girl and get intimate with her after one episode, despite her not being able to even talk to him properly? That's realistic. A small, insigificant teen dumb romance affects the characters lives to the point they act like it's the end of the world, despite being adults? That's realistic. The MC's friend tries his best to help the main couple, yet they treat him like shit? That's realisitic.

Holy shit this anime was pure trash.

> MC is a passive indecisive cunt, yet the girl still loves him? That's realistic
You are genuinely stupid.

Nice argument.

>m-my definition of realism is the only one that matters!
>t-trust me! i know how relationships really work!

>i-it's ok for characters to act retarded, l-love is a strange thing!

If you think characters acting stupid or irrational makes it a bad or unrealistic romance, that just further confirms your idiocy. Sorry.

I liked White Album 2 better.

honestly, this. plus i was about 20 watching this and i'd found it refreshing to see anime featuring people of similar age/with similar problems

Was she a good TSF pilot?

She didn't get herself killed, so she's good enough at least.

Well, while I also like WA2 better, KGNE is still a great romance story, probably the 3rd best one.

Bump.

How does this compare to Your Lie in April?

They aren't alike at all.

not at all?

Do you like Haruka?

No.

They're both romantic dramas?

Yep, and they both are somehow connected with hospitals. But that's all.

i like how she was totally DTF by episode 2. besides the trucking proper, the parents almost walking on them bit was the highlight of the prologue arc

this and WA2 both blow. they might as well make the protagonist faceless. it's always the 'I try to be nice to everyone but that's the problem' thing. the end of KGNE was good but the rest was shit. the idea of telling orange girl no time had passed was retarded. the whole 'my high school is my world' shtick and of course its VN cancer.

Superior love story coming through.
youtube.com/watch?v=8l0YG5ld7hs

I honestly don't understand what's the point of making MC's friend a much better and likeable character, and then completely shit on him throughout the whole show. At least he fucked the blue girl.

>At least he fucked the blue girl.
Not in VN so it's not canon.