Knights of Sidonia

What the fuck kind of ending was that?

>Penis-monster wins the Tanikazebowl by turning into a lookalike of a dead girl? That's FUCKED UP, Nihei
>They didn't explain shit about the Gauna
>Why did Nihei suddenly forget how to draw bears at the end? Hiyama looked like a pig half the time.

Also why is Tanikaze such a boring MC?

she already won before and she looks like Hoshijiro because she is the daughter of placenta-Hoshijiro.

Its not like changing bodies is a concept not properly established in the universe beforehand.

Why do we need an explanation about the gauna? They are to alien to fully understand (thats a concept pretty common in hard sci-fi novels which Nihei gets most his influence from) and humanity attracted them by using higgs energy.

>>They didn't explain shit about the Gauna

well, he have a lot of hints so far.

>Guana leave all pre HIGGS energy civilizations alone
>humans found a guana a 100 years before then discovered higs
>guana was just minding his own business before that.
>they claim the first guana came down to earth in human form.
>maybe to make first contact?

But gauna will be one of these two:

>guana's are a defense system from some ancient alienrace that destroys every other alienrace when they get to a certain point of technology.

Or

>guana's want to make contact with humans the only way then know how to, be absorb them in to them selfs.

But instead of that we get Ochiai Mecha Battle

>says she hasn't given up
>never confesses
>Tanikaze loses his virginity to an expired Christmas Cake

>she already won before and she looks like Hoshijiro because she is the daughter of placenta-Hoshijiro.
But Smoogy is still no Hoshijiro. Even Nagate himself eventually knew that. Being Hoshijiro's daughter and having the same voice do help accelerating the relationship though.

>expired Christmas Cake

>A christmas cake with the body of a 24 year old.
>A christmas cake with ages of sexual experience
>A christmas cake with sexual frustrations because she never had the change to hook up with tanikazi's grandpa.

When she finaly had her change she fucked nagate's brains out, for 3 fucking days.
Its really a wonder how he didnt pick her.

>for 3 fucking days
Nah, it was MANY DAYS

Nagate would probably have died if he wasn a immortal super human.

So what's Nihei up to nowadays?

Expired? After a mere few centuries?

Working on BLAME movie.

He also released a one-shot recently.

Gaunas make a lot more sense if you read Solaris by Lem, or at least that's how I would like to explain them.

I haven't read the book, but having seen the movie, yeah, that feels like it works. Hell, even the recent western remake may work reasonably well here.

nihei made a one shot, and at the end there was a sneakpeak or some sketch where nagate and tsumugi's daughter was grown up and in a guardian while a big guana was coming form above.

So i think hes working on knights of sidonia 2.
Maybe he will finaly make a manga that will make his daughter proud.

>My daughter said: "Daddy, you should have drawn an interesting manga like Shingeki no Kyojin"

ungratefull child.

But Hiyama looks cute that way.

>being raised by Nihei
>he only talks three times a day, the rest is just miming and walking

i wonder how much he earns, maybe his daughter thinks she is from a poor family or something like that.

Bears are always cute

Rolling in CGI Blame! movie bux

Biomega movie when?

I think it's a bit too long for just one movie

Kardal spinoff, pretty please?

Personally I'll settle for a Blame! Gakuen OVA after the movie

Yes please

I never thought about it before, but Nihei would be really good at a fanservice series if he put his mind to it

Knowing him it would have some twisted fetishes in it

That he would.

That Gakuen OVA is starting to sound interesting.

Clones deserved to win

Was was worst girl and why was it Yuhata?

>Izana's gonna die! We have to save her!
>Eh.

>Davinel trying to hide her body
kek

Was Yuhata third gendered all along or did she use science to become a man?

>implying sidonia wasn't a fanservice serioes

All along.

Izana? She was some sort of clone of her "grandmother" I think

Can we count nihei among the rank of authors that lose the "edge" and fall for the "moe bait" meme?

Blame! Gakuen was pretty fucking edgy and published only a year or two before Sidonia started

Nihei rushed the last year so he could get back to BLAME! for the movie. Not even joking.

It was dumb, but I liked the selfie motiff that the DVD covers for S2 used.