Do Jordan Peterson fans realize they sound like a fucking cult?

Do Jordan Peterson fans realize they sound like a fucking cult?

TAKE THIS PERSONALITY TEST AND SORT YOURSELF OUT! WATCH HIS LECTURES! SORT YOUSELF OUT!

This is seriously some Scientology-tier shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/NYzeE
youtu.be/hsoo8Gg-0f4
personal.psu.edu/~j5j/IPIP/ipipneo300.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=v-hIVnmUdXM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits
researchgate.net/profile/Lane_Friesen
youtube.com/watch?v=9VM1UA0pCMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mVCfQ6Lyoo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not really

i like his lectures and talks and videos, but i don't throw money at home nor do i worship him

When cleaning your room = scientology

Bet you didn't even make your bed today.

>muh cults
t. shill

The guy has a good message and all, but I can't stand listening to him. First strike is obnoxious Canadian accent. Second strike is his inane Christ related ramblings. Basically he sounds like the modern day Canadian Joseph Campbell to me.

>modern day Canadian Joseph Campbell
And that's a bad thing why? Besides being Canadian of course

archive.is/NYzeE

Why do people keep getting stuck at these various alt-lite gurus? Why can't they bring themselves to go full right?

This guy could psychologize your life story out of a Curious George fanfic.

>implying you dont have an annoying american accent

Sort yourself cunt.

what personality test does he recommend taking? I want to try it out.

Yes, because being asked to "CLEAN YOUR ROOM" is such a bizarre request. The stuff Peterson suggests that people do to improve their lives is common sense. This is basic stuff your parents should have taught you. He's just filling that role for kids who come from broken, single-parent households, that weren't taught the basics of self-discipline and work ethic.

He has one called the Big 5 or something you need to pay to take.

youtu.be/hsoo8Gg-0f4

this is the same thing for free and just as reputable a source as far as I can tell personal.psu.edu/~j5j/IPIP/ipipneo300.htm

>It was her turn

Peterson himself knows mbti test are bullshit.
Also if people would have been reading Dostoevsky and Kierkegaard they would already know what Peterson is getting and without all of the spoonfed psychoanalysis babble. Also his biggest mistake is using science/rationality to prove some profundity of Christianity, which is absolutely against thew thought of the forefathers he rides the coattails of philosophically.

His talk with Camille Paglia was interesting and red-pilled as all fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=v-hIVnmUdXM

because it's not about sucking someone's dick.
This Peterson guy is effective because he helps deconstruct the years of miseducation wrought on millennials.

He has never said anything about the bullshit mbti, he advocates the Big 5, which is the most psychometrically valid and empirical personality test/theory of personality en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits

Joseph Campbell did nothing wrong.

because alt-rights are retards.

Alt-lites are the true ubermensch

All his patreon money would've gone to camwhores on twitch and mfc so just on that he's contributing.
Curious to see how his sjw detector app will turn out.

Oh fuck off, the MBTI isn't bullshit. You need a neural architecture to properly contextualize it.
researchgate.net/profile/Lane_Friesen

SORTED.COM
O
R
T
E
D

He had a post from a long time ago on twitter in which he warns against mbti but the link was dead. I'd like to add that Jung talked shit on Kierkegaard for being a 'neurotic' while Peterson beats around the bush about a lot of ideas Kierkegaard has already published.

what kind of governance is this guy advocating for? any retard can bash democracy, what about a solid, working alternative

i like him.

>watch Peterson video
>decide you will sort yourself out
>begin to clean your room
>give up 10 minutes later
>FUCK PETERSON, ITS A FUCKING CULT GUYS, JUST LOOK AT THIS LOSER!

Up to half of participants don't get the same results twice. The people who created it didn't have any background in psychology. It's just as much of a corporate marketing scheme as "emotional intelligence"

Don't entertain the faggot

I think that whole idea is kind of silly honestly but I do think it's a fun sort of side project. I just don't see it as something to be taken seriously as if every student nationwide is going to be running their classes through his sjw detector. Seems more like something that will end up being used for the lulz

He's not a cult, but people like him are absolutely NECESSARY to bringing an understanding of tradition, morals, and self improvement to a generation of bugmen white boys.

it could generate a rating of universities based on sjw/non-sjw course ratio, would be cool to see

Sort faggit

He never really spoke to me at all. All he did was take the work of Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung and regurgitate it around semi-modern films. I guess it's good that some white males listen to him and develop themselves. Overall though he is a meme collecting 60 shillion on patreon every month for basic bitch talking points.

itt people who dont think there are levels of redpill
people who had trouble in school and are trigged by a free professor (popular in you le secrut club)

thinking there is zero utility in his videos ignorant; we all know you are soooo smart for showing us 'another' figurehead. wow much enlighten (stay on petersons level)

>take this free test and improve yourself using techniques developed from real science for free
truly a terrible terrible thing

>assmad because he was lagging behind

better than the bill nye fanatics

He has a "self-authoring program" that seems to objectively increase your chances of better grades. It's aimed at young people, to help them sort out themselves.

Hes an ultra kike apologist too
I think hes part of the tribe himself

He's an Anglo so close enough

A cult that wont kill you and make you functional.

Bowden advocated Fascism, or something like it.

i honestly dont know how to take your comment, nor do i know how to take the re-occurance of the almost same exact thread... surely there is a german word for seeing people experience the same basic bitch level of a 'thing' over and over again... time immemorial

>projecting this hard
wew laddy

you sound like some faggot who hasn't even killed the dragon and rescued his father.

Clean your room

He was fucking boring and, it seems to me, more narrowly bound in his conversations. I think he lacked the life experiences that JP has as a therapist.

I did social work for many a year and working with fucked up people changes your insights. Campbell was too academic and JP is basically Campbell on crack.

He's bringing to the forefront that taxpayer subsidized social studies is nothing more than marxist indoctrination.
He's aiming at the paying parent, who do not want their daughters turned into moldylocks.
He's also planning to create an online univesity (whit the 60k/month), based on IQ tests and/or based-proved tests of ability.
It's interesting. Check some of his videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=9VM1UA0pCMQ

I support based on the fact that he stood his ground against the establishment despite it probably meant the end of his career.

I am fucking amazed that he came out of everything on top and didn't get crucified for his beliefs.

I don't agree with everything he says but he helps turn normies and just helps people in general so wtvr.

He doesn't go on Jesus freak god rants. He merely recognizes the benefits and why they're important.

I still believe Christianity's a cucked slave morality but it did have its benefits and might still prove useful.

golly gee an omnipotent kleptocracy will surely solve the problem of the state manipulating stupid people into voting whatever the powers that be may want

he has no solution to the AI hyper-predator problem

I like Peterson alot, his document about writing a essay pretty much taught me how to write again.

I think the cult behaviour is a combination of people parroting his talking points without really understanding his thinking. The guys talks about a lot of really good trues that are just not talked about anywhere

>Camille
That thing is a dude, literally, right?

Yes especially the second half was pure brilliance.

From my experience, the only people more annoying that Jordan Peterson fans are the people who regularly complain about Jordan Peterson fans. I've only listened to a little bit of his stuff, but he hasn't said anything that sounds cult-like to me.

Peterson is very insightful, I find him worth a try, to say the least.
He is my bread and butter

YAADADADADADADADAD OKAY? LIKE YADDAYADYAYDAYDYAY OKAY?

Because that's wrong, dipshit.

*worth a listen

First I took the molymeme pill around 2011.
Then I took the Peterson pill when he started blowing up. Thanks to him, I sorted myself out a bit and cleaned my room.
Then I took the RSD pill
Then I have reached the final pill -
Tolle pill. I Start watching eckahrt Tolle and everything just started fitting together and making sense.
I feel that this is my last step in personal development. But I wonder sometimes... Who will next influence my thinking on such a dramatic scale.

The has got to be b8
Good b8

christ senpai, get off the internet!

Isn't sorting oneself out the polar opposite of cultlike behavior?

and npr did a nice write up on it a few years ago

?

My asian gf

Peterson is a disciple of the logos. He literally is just trying to be rational and reasonable. For more info check western civilization, cunt.

What are your thoughts on Tolle? Im not baiting you

He has some decent advice but yeah I wouldn't buy his shit or donate to his patreon. Maybe his program works for certain people, but really it's a glorified self reflection and journalling process from what I understand. You're paying for like prompts or something.

You mean they're a bunch of muppets.

He's a wishy-washy faggot.

3/4 of his fans disagree with him but still find him fascinating, and he's ok with that.
that's the opposite of a cult

RSD?

sounds like you need to get your life sorted out

Peterson is harmless and can have some good insights as long as you keep your bullshit detector active because he tends to just make shit up when he starts talking about religion.

Molyneux in the other hand is a fucking conman and a pseudointellectual. He denies everything beyond subject intepretation, and defines his own subjective interpretations as the objective truth. If you keep this in mind, youll notice that he does it in all of his so-called arguments. Also, read his Universally Preferable Behavior proof for a good laugh.

In 2017, talking about philosophy and psychology, having standards and principles, and trying to get your life together was considered cult-like behaviour.

Tolle says some reasonable shit, on the other hand he can fuck right off. Like him hanging with Oprah who is now pretending to be some spiritual authority, giving out advice to depressed housewise like she's some enlightend guru, seriously makes me doubt him He also kinda fucked Jim Carrey.

Yeah I stopped listening once I realized I couldn't even do the laundry

yes, as you said, it would prevent them from voting.
Retard.

Real social dynamics
I recommend tyler

>Also his biggest mistake is using science/rationality to prove some profundity of Christianity
>"I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about"
Okay.

He talks about how we are visual creatures that lived in trees and spotted fruit in relation to the story of adam and eve. If you'd read Dostoevsky, Nietzsche, or Kierkegaard, authors he has given multiple lectures on, you'd know why it is shitty to say this.

the problem isn't people voting you fucking moron, it's luring them into voting whatever bullshit that serves the elites' interests. removing the pseudo-democratic appearences and keeping tyranny isn't getting us any closer to utopia faggot, keep playing your word games like post-modern SJW cunts or just do your laundry

... oh wait :) nevermind. mommy can also do that while crying into your clothes

Peterson calls for individuals to take personal responsibility for themselves. Then expand outward to your own family, community, and beyond. Align to the highest goals you can think of. And keep it up for your whole life. Thats it.

Hes a doctor, and if his fans have their lives cleaned up because of his encouragement, how could that be bad?

is this the "in the moment" dude?
i remember liking the book

Yeah it's called power of now

I've never taken his tests or used his programme

I just watch his videos because he's a smart guy and he speaks a lot of truth

No, the "big 5" are traits that are commonly measured in academic psychology

they're inherently afraid of Radicalism because it threatens their comfortable life
youtube.com/watch?v=mVCfQ6Lyoo0

Time to take the Bread Pill. Read the sermon on the mount, book of Matthew.

When the word cult is as vague as people use it, it can be applicable to most anything that has a group of people following it.

I like to listen to his interview but his lectures sound like he's just rambling and it all just goes over his head because I'm stupid. Oh, and his Canadian accent is annoying.

>abzurd
>been is pronounced as 'bean'

Bullshit. Everyone knows the final pill is the Bogpill.

Tell me more about this bread pill

Just get a load of the truth bombs dropped by Jesus when he spit the sermon on the mount. Book of Matthew. An easy google, a breeze of a page to read. Just get a common English translation, see if what it says turns you on. Give it a shot, it might change the world.