The Founding Fathers designed impeachment for someone exactly like Donald Trump

Washington Post is right on the money. The founding fathers designed the electoral system so that someone like Trump could not hold onto power.

>Their writings and debates surrounding the creation of the Constitution make clear that the framers feared a certain kind of character coming to power and usurping the republican ideal of their new nation. Having just defeated a tyrant Mad King George III of England they carefully crafted rules to remove such a character: impeachment. In the process, they revealed precisely the kind of corrupt, venal, inattentive and impulsive character they were worried about.

>The very embodiment of what the Founding Fathers feared is now residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

>But prescient as they were, what the framers may not have anticipated was someone who epitomized so many of their fears at once someone like Donald Trump being elected to the presidency in the first place. They hoped that the electoral college system would prevent that from happening. But in the event that didnt happen, they added an additional fail-safe: impeachment. Its now up to Congress to fulfill the framers vision.

washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/10/15/the-founding-fathers-designed-impeachment-for-someone-exactly-like-donald-trump/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.d50c066c3084

Barbara (((Radnofsky)))

and fuck you for not putting this on archive.is

Fuck you faggot. I love how these liberal pieces of shit will use patriotism via the founding fathers to justify impeaching Trump and in the next article will say they were racist slaveholders whose constitution should not be followed literally in muh twenty first century. Choke on a dick and die all of you

(((Washington Post)))

Start the fucking war.

>The founding fathers were racist slave holding white spremacist pigs, but lets put that behind us and do what they say this one time because groznald shlumph won and made us look like inept commies

>founders wanted citizen-politicians
>despised professional politicians
>all washington has been is career politicians
Founders would think Trump is the best thing this country has done in 100 years lmao

>IMPLEACH DRUMPF
any second now :D:D:D

EPIC Demonrat overreach too early in the game.

Fuck off. The Trump Administration is doing a fantastic job.

>meanwhile a black man just finished 2 terms

>Liberals
>Ever respecting the wishes of the founding fathers
They would not be in favor of impeaching Trump, rather they would be in favor of tar and feathering most of these liberals and seeing to it that the traitors in the US Government on both parties get killed for their treachery.

We can't let Drumpf have the nuclear codes.

This is getting out of hand

I have it from a very reliable source that he will step down in 2288 days.

DELET

Better not try until you take away our 2nd amendment faggot.

In what way is Trump a tyrant? For giving back power to Congress and obeying the Courts (unlike Obama)?

jesus christ op seek help. you are the problem with america not president trump.

>Washington Post is right
stopped reading.

But nothing you've said even relates to Trump.

Founders wouldn't have wanted women, minorities, or non-land owners voting. We should definitely continue thinking along the same path as what the founder intended.

exactly this.

Say...didn't these guys OWN SLAVES!?!
Dunno if I'd take THEIR advice!

>actually believes Trump will be impeached
Kek

>the framers feared a certain kind of character coming to power and usurping the republican ideal of their new nation

Which is why they gave 90% of the power to the legislature and originally made ONLY the house elected by "democratic" popular vote.

I'll wager whatever kike wrote this screed has never read the constitution.

The founding fathers would've put you in chains and worked to death you neet faggot

>now leftie faggots are trying to agree with the founding fathers
Kiss my ass you pieces of shit

The desperate, loser faggots on the left won't be happy until they die by the millions in a civil war.

This. Fuck these communist loving bastards

Wow, Jews are only 1.4% of our population and I somehow guessed this was written by a Jew.

WTF, I'm psychic now.

>now leftie faggots are trying to agree with the founding fathers

Not so fast, Cletus. We only acknowledge the cool ones like that swarthy genius, Hamilton.