Tipping Is Cuckoldry

Is there any people more entitled than an American waiter or waitress? What started this phenomenon of customers having to supplement the wages of zit faced teenage employees while Jewish bosses count their dollars in the back?

I'm not dining at world star restaurants, and they're not doing anything special, so they can fuck right off with tips.

If a server doesn't make at least minimum wage with their hourly+tips, their employer is required to pay them the difference.

And then they get fired and replaced for being absolute shit at their job.

If we abolished tipping and made all those jobs minimum wage, menu prices would rise to make up for the difference and the quality of service would go down everywherebecause it would be raciss and sexiss for an employer to pay Mike more for doing a kickass job as your server, vs Becky who spent 1 1/2 of the last 2 hours texting and mostly ignoring her tables.

Tipping is the most honest way of paying any service employee. The boss doesnt get to decide what that person is worth, the CUSTOMER does. This is an encouragement to work harder for the person actually paying their wages; again, the customer is going to pay their wages one way or the other.

Instead of just bitching, think for a moment. What if teachers made $2.13 per hour+tips?
When your child gets a good teacher, he makes $75,000 a year because all the parents tip him well for doing a good job instructing their children.
When your kid gets a shit teacher, she goes on CNN to bitch about how White people are all evil racists, because no one tipped her for spending a year teaching their children that niggers built the pyramids and that Mike Brown was a hero.

Our society could do with more tipped jobs, not less, IMHO.

I would eat out more at sit down restaurants if we didn't have this tipping custom.

I don't want to tip 15% and sometimes I am told that's even too small a tip. So I am not a bad tipper. I am a non tipper, they never see me as their customer.

They always take, say, 6.25$ change all in coins.

It's day one of "how to serve" school

taxation is theft

tipping is the civil thing to do, nigger

Logically you're right. But the customary tips are too high.

Serving food isn't brain surgery. To my thinking cooking it (even if it's just flipping burgers) is a higher skill job, and that's' not brain surgery either -- unless the food is sweetbreads.

Tipping should be required and added to the bill automatically.

It's a service fee you fucking niggers and spics.

If tipping is so great because "muh free market" bullshit delusion -- why not pay waiters zero and make it 100% based on tips?

I went on a bus tour and the driver gets out first then pulled a dollar out of his pocket and placed it in his hand. He was helping people off/saying thanks but wanted people to think someone had tipped him. All the people on my side of the bus saw this and were like "what a turbocuck"

Thinking more about it, maybe it's because I am naturally autistic. But I would be at least as happy to grab my food myself, rather than having to communicate thru the server.

Hence servers annoy me a little, it's not their fault, but I don't want to pay them much money. And the relationship is the more artificial, because we both know I will pay them based on it.

You still have to pay for the food and cooking it. Even if the service is shit.

If you're at some shitty restaurant like applebees or Fridays, you should tip because the faggot serving you probably makes less money than your poor-ass does. If you're at a decent eating establishment that isn't part of some shitty chain you're probanly wealthy enoughto pay and for the tip to be an honest tribute to skilled wait staff

The service fee IS the cost of the meal you fucking baboon.

Yeah, you're extremely autistic and shouldn't even go out and dine.

Stick with taco bell, and cereal.

How uncomfortable all this is. I hate tipping.

You will be happy to know I don't "go out and dine" very often. Only if it's what a group of people are doing.

t. Servers

Why do millenials insist on staying in terrible jobs and demand everyone kiss their ass for it instead of moving onto a different one?

>baboon

>says the fat nigger too lazy to cook and get the food themselves.

yeah ok faggot, good luck with that logic.

I work at a restaurant in the kitchen and it's tough sometimes man. Talk about grilling so many different foods at a time and having to pay attention to how it was requested to be cooked and trying to nail each and every dish the way it's supposed to be each and every time, hundreds of times over and over with an extensive menu. Takes real skill for sure. Takes some dudes years of slowly getting thier cooking skill up to hang on a busy day. FNG's usually get in over their head immediately.

>Instead of just bitching, think for a moment. What if teachers made $2.13 per hour+tips?
It would encourage them to push them through school instead of actually teaching them you moron.
Then again, that already happens regardless.

>What started this phenomenon
During prohibition restaurants that served alcohol hemorrhaged sales and encouraged tipping to offset paying their employees which they couldn't afford. Before that "tipping" was considered a form of bribery and highly uncouth. The point of a restaurant was to be served equally as well as a 'king' so to speak, so wealthy people who would offer waiters and waitresses for more attentive service were frowned upon. After prohibition it was a fixture in the restaurant industry. Conniving owners figured out they could pay their waiters/waitresses little to nothing and have it subsidized by their patrons under the guise of a "reward for better service" system. Waiters/waitresses don't want to do away with it after figuring out they could make more from tips than having a fixed wage and so they started the whole meme about "omg we're all literally starving single mothers you are a fucking heartless monster if you don't tip!". Which eventually led to good service being held hostage, "we'll spit in your food, cheapskate!". It's so heavily ingrained in the industry from both restauranteurs and service staff that it'll be hard to do away with.

Tipping is fine, tipping 10% is not

Only Jews and chinks are against tipping.

>and the quality of service would go down everywhere
This doesn't happen everywhere else in the world.
Why would it happen in America, specifically?
If someone's shit at their job, you fire them.

Fact: Many groups don't tip and ruin the entire system for everyone else

Fact: Even if you get mediocre service, you're looked at like a leper if you tip anything less than 15%. Why am I forced to pay extra for shitty service - say for instance a restaurant I frequent. Tip poorly, and some degenerate spits in your food next time.

The tipping system is the perfect scam - gives the appearance of "free market" while being a forced commie social construct. AI will fix this.

At a place like applebees, chillis etc youre right. At fine dining restaurants the staff has to know their shit. My gf is a higher up at a fine dining restaurant and has worked at other places and she has to do tastings, weekly meetings, pairings, know the ever changing menu front to back and be abke to make legit reccomendations, know what every fucking entitled rich person wants before they sit down, lengthy explanations about items and how the back of the house prepares shit, do events, set up, tear down. She works 17 hour days and I honestly dont know how she puts up with it. There is a hell of a lot more to it when you arent eating out at Bennigans. Those servers at chain restaurants dont deserve but maybe 10-12% with the difference i see in what these two classes of people do.

poor fag

Ive noticed it appears to be only prevalent in the US and Britain, other countries Ive visited, service moves at a somewhat slower and relaxed pace but there arent any expectations of tipping or mentions of it.

Restaurants generally are the worst places to work. My first job was McDonalds and I never wanted food service work after that.

I guess it's something learned on the job as opposed to requiring speciall school (except haute cuisine) and so lower paid.

from an indebted cuck, how ironic

See how much hatred it engenders, here and in restaurants. A relationship of veiled nervousness and even antagonism. I just avoid the whole scene therefore. And they get no tips from me when I am not a customer.

That makes no sense. It has nothing to do with the job, but the type of buying environment dining out is.

You are literally paying someone to be your personal butler basically. Thats the cost of going out. It's part of the experience.

Sit in dining is a premium experience. not for niggers and spics who jew out of it.

If you don't like it, go to taco bell faggot, or make your own fucking food.

I don't get how entitled you autistic fuckers think you are.

I always tip around 15% to 25% if the food and service was good. Restaurants are not a necessity, they are a luxury.

You shouldn't be dinning out if you are a poor.

Half of you faggots don't even realize that the cooks taint your food with chemicals, bodily fluids and poor sanitation.

Enjoy getting cancer faggots.

I work for tips, I make good money plus I dont have to pay into dem programz

I disagree. The restaurant I work for is family owned, this fact alone is enough for me to stick around and bust my ass for them. It's kind of niche, but it works well and the whole family makes a good healthy living and take care of their own, which includes people like me.

The job itself sucks, but the camaraderie that you find there is worth it most of the time. Working there has been a great stepping stone for me while I figure out other things in life.

A few years ago on my birthday my friend and I went out to an Italian place nearby. The waiter was flamingly gay but whatevs. Finish up, get the bill and leave the change to the nearest dollar, which was like 18 cents. My friend and I are walking across the parking lot and the waiter comes running up after us all butthurt about the tip and says we shouldn't go out to eat at all if we can't afford to leave a "real" tip.
Hey, it's my birthday. You don't think I should go out to dinner? Fine. Next time I'll go somewhere else, and tell mt friends that too.

yes it does. the service is shit in Europe compared to America.

>Why do millenials insist on staying in terrible jobs
Because there isn't enough good jobs for everyone, genius? Even a stem diploma doesn't guarantee a decent pay anymore. Somebody has to be a shity minimum-wage servant, and since you can't make robots do to that yet, your only choices are millenials or imported shitskins.

I would rather tip fast food workers considering the vast amounts of degenerates and horrific conditions they deal with than say, someone who works at Chilis.

don't forget about stupid labor laws. there are laws out there that if the worker can expectantly make a certain amount in tips in an hour the minimum wage for tipped employees is lower than the regular employees.

This. Serving people the right way when its busy is fucking tough too. I tip good for good service and don't tip well if the service is shit.

So you're paying 20% tip for food the cooks have tainted? Winning indeed.

>Because there isn't enough good jobs for everyone
Then create your own job? The internet is booming with information about how to make a lot of money if you're willing to put the effort in and learn.

> you accepted food from a gay waiter

he probably spit and came in your food and you foolish idiot ate it.

>rah rah rah supplementing teenagers wages is the cost of going out PAY FOR MY POOR JOB CHOICE
>non tippers are the entitled ones

I sometimes wish restaurants include the cost with the tip on the bill, so i can hear you faggots complain how expensive dinning out is, and poor fags wouldn't be able to go out.

In Denmark we don't tip. Some globalist scums tried to siphon it from american culture, but only tourist fall for it. No dane tip and it is percieved as greedy if anyone expects a tip.

not an argument, poor fag.

>To my thinking cooking it (even if it's just flipping burgers) is a higher skill job

Sure it is. It also isn't a service job, except maybe at Benihana or the like.
Waiters/waitresses/bartenders also tip their busboys/dishwashers/barbacks from their tips, for doing the work that lets them do their jobs better.

>But the customary tips are too high.
You decide the tip, except in the case of a large (10+) party at some restaurants where they will add a 15% tip automatically--and this is stated on the menu.
If you get shit service, don't tip.
If the waitress has huge knockers, and you're an idiot, go ahead and tip 50%. It's your choice.

>Half of you faggots don't even realize that the cooks taint your food with chemicals, bodily fluids and poor sanitation.

You consider that a luxury? My post sure brought out a lot of servers.

Isn't the IRS now assuming you make a certain rate of tips, and taxing you on that amount of income?

No... they don't taint my food because I tip. But they sure do other people's.

I laugh when I see people yelling at the fast food window or at a restaurant, being rude and hateful towards the people serving them food.

No wonder so many people are getting cancer these days... lol indeed.

Managing your money doesnt equate to poverty, cuck.

How is someone making food for you not a luxury?

Are you that useless and weak that you cannot do it yourself?

Not really, I don't decide the tip. A 10% tip is considered an insult, and it may be more than I want to pay. When it comes to it I am expected to tip 15% at least for competent service.

And if I don't I am essentially making a scene at a place that's supposed to be nice and pleasant.

What you are saying is what restaurants say to attract business. But that same restaurant will be real mad at you if you actually tip 5% for good service because it's what you feel you want to pay.

So how does McDonald's sell shit a fourth the price at a restaurant that tips?
Not that I'm against tipping, I think it's better than a wage if it's expected at your restaurant, I remember making 3-400 dollars weekly when I worked for an upperend local Pizza chain of maybe 10 locations in my area (100 miles or so), plus 150ish in wage. It was better than working at fucking walmart or a gas station, especially when I turned 18 and could sell drinks and choose my tables. Always tried to find old people and talk to them as if they were my grandparents to pay for my weeks worth of gas.

It's certainly implied when you complain about a measly on 15% on your burger, spic.

Though technically true if a waiter ever claims that they didn't make enough and actually forces boas to pay to make minimum wage they get fired

I know I used to hate this two before I went to other countries. In Sweden they make good money but they aren't beholden to you so they don't actually wait on you in any way unless you ask them too.

So the choice is end the tipping paradigm and get worse service or keep as is and get treated like royalty no third option really

>Then create your own job
Ok, so every millenial waiter has quit and started their own business. Now there are no waiters and restaurants can't function. In order to win their waiters back, restaurant owners have to increase their wage. To support that, they raise the prices. So the customers still pay the exact same amount, you win nothing.
THat's not even going into how retarder the whole "create your own job" argument is. Not everyone has the skills needed for that, and not having a very specific set of skills shouldn't sentence people to working full hours for 1/4 minimum wage.

Or I can avoid the whole scene of having to bribe them not to poison me. By staying away from their restaurant!

Really what sort of moron would go into a place that does what you describe?

or you can cook for yourself, pussy.

McDonald's food is pennies on the dollar cheap.

They give out free Big Macs during cold months here in Wisconsin. Buy one big mac, get the second for the number of the current temperature in pennies. So if it's 10 degrees outside, you get it for 10 cents.

People who think fast food is actually real beef and bread are fucking idiots. Lowest of IQ faggots thinking they know anything about this world.

>It would encourage them to push them through school instead of actually teaching them you moron.

The kind of people who want their children to pass or graduate without learning anything are the kind of people who don't tip in the first place, Bruce.

>Sup Forums constantly wanks off about how great the free market it
>Sup Forums shits on the idea of paying people more money when they do a good job
You can't make this up, if you are anti tipping you are inherently anti free market.

I understand if you're ordering fancy mixed drinks that take some skill and know how, but screw you if you think I'm obliged to tip someone for popping the cap off a bottle of beer.

>haha its only 15% haha poor fag

So are you going to tip your doctor, electrician, plumbers and mailmen 15% or more? Their job is objectively more useful and tip worthy, or maybe it just shouldnt be up to the customer to supplement unfair and inhumane wages?

It's a surprise, you will never know who makes the sauce.

They could be cumming chunks of rotten sperm in your favorite meal and watching you eat it up with a big smile.

That's the magic of the restaurant industry.

Seriously.
I loathe the poor. They ruin everything From the housing market to restaurants and capes.

Even with some chains, the upperend ones at least they need to be on top of their shit. There's this place called Oliver's that has a location in most major cities, but is very close to management, almost monthly visits by the owner of the chain, and "fancy" enough to hide prices. Waiters there make a decent living I'm sure, but it's too fucking loud holy hell I'd love it if they'd lower the ceiling 10 feet.

Electricians & plumbers get lots of tips.

You must be under the age of 18. Get an adult size penis first before you talk shit on this website.

and do.

I (and my family) eat dry-aged steak because I know how to dry-age a steak. One would have to pay $$$ in restaurants for some things I prepare in minimal time.

And nobody's poisoning me, and there are no ambiguous social expectations. And I can put the veg. waste in my yard and it composts.

Not if he was expecting that big tip.

^ this... poorfags at restaurants are the worst. They complain about everything and are usually overweight and ugly as fuck.

>ooga booga mug dik muhfugga

Glad you finally ousted yourself as a thick headed nigger. See your way out of my thread, wagecuck

college student, one of the last times I was in a sit-down restaurant, the waitress, who was barely there, didnt give me my all my change (bill was like 23.50 and I gave her $25). I was planning on giving her $3, but she didnt get anything then.
Im a jimmy john's driver rn too, so I get tips, but also minimum wage. Idgaf about what I get tipped desu

haha you got triggurd

What else is it if not real beef (or "pink slime" at least) and real bread?

Bread is dirt cheap. Beef is quite cheap too these days.

Sitdown restaurant markup is ridiculous generally -- and then a tip on top of that!

Hows is that a bad thing you fucking retarded leaf? Why would he WANT a bad tipper to come back? Hes not the owner, he doesnt see any of the profits

Do you need to give tips on Mc Donalds or Burguer King?

service staff are trash and deserve to be treated as such. We don't respect people who have no drive to suceed in this society, and neither should we. These losers are content working for minimum wage and deserve nothing more. I have never tipped more than 5% to these trash.

I think it's more to do with the scale of the company as opposed to what's in it. McDonald's is so big they can just lower prices in America where they know they can meet profit margins just barely, then charge extra in Europe where they can get away with that shit. They also own a solid chunk of their food production.

>Poor
>Overweight

God Bless Merica

>>>/reddit/

Waiter here, if you don't tip decent, don't come back or you get bad service and your food sneezed on

t. American faggot who has never talked to a chef in his life.

I was speaking with some American chefs recently, in mid to high level restaurants. You are the type of cuckolded cuck that perpetuates the socialism in the catering industry... by this I mean you reward plate carriers and useless people with wages 3x more than a chef earns, plus they get most of it tax free. Meanwhile the people actually innovating menus and producing something (cooking food) get less than half what an American server gets.

No wonder American restaurants are mostly shit mass produced crap. Who in their right mind would want to be a chef in US when Americans prefer that a stupid plate carter gets $25+ an hour meanwhile a line chef gets $12.

I don't really care because I will never visit America as have no connection to the place. But I do feel sorry for my chef brothers in US who are shit on by fat cunts like you who complain about spending $15 on a dish but then tip Mandy the server more just for carrying a few plates to your table.

No wonder all the good chefs are a British or European.

Tipping negates capitalism's checks to give the most productive and innovative workers the most, because some fat redneck tips a brain dead server for doing literally nothing.

Tipping is socialism.

I would go out of my way to avoid tipping a bartender who did that shit. Fuck off cunt I don't care about my two bucks but I do care about not having to sift through a ton of dollar bills when I open my wallet and I am not above being a petty jackass.

It was never real... There are also flour substitutes that allow for cutting.

>if you arent a billionaire CEO by 20 youre a lazy shit
Boomer holocaust soon

you don't have to tip at wendys though

I just don't come back. Theres enough places in my city to make this easy.

you got rekt and owned... how does it feel you gay cancer patient?

Then you're an stupid asshole.

>Restaurants
>McDonalds

Not the same thing. At all.
McDonalds isn't about service. It's about cheap, quick, almost food.
They don't have waiters/waitresses/bartenders.
They have niggers who make minimum wage to touch pictures on a register, take your money, and hand you a sack.
You don't tip at McDonalds for the same reason you don't tip at WalMart. The nigger at the register is working for the company, not you.

>What started this phenomenon of customers having to supplement the wages of zit faced teenage employees
Since you're too stupid to figure it out from an economics standpoint, I'll tell you, as a lolbertarian.

The idea of tipping is to award good service with money(a valuable commodity in case you did not know).

It's that simple. Good waiter = good tip = stick around and make the business more money overall.
Shit waiters = bad tips = quit because shit pay.

You dumbass.

TIPS

Too
Insure
Prompt
Service

Don't want to tip well that's on you.

In fact if you believe in that so much open your own fucking restaurant and do whatever the fuck you want. Otherwise justify your cheap ass behavior to someone that actually gives a fuck

Because they're retards who don't want to go to school or are wasting their time choosing something to study. That is all server types I know. Feel bad for them, I do not even a tenth of their effort daily and get paid more and probably get more hours. Went to school for 2 years and haven't even finished my program yet.

People tip the Fucking dude at a cafe for putting a muffin in a bag but dont tip the old lady at the grocery store bustin her ass bagging their 24 packs of beer, jugs of milk, and pounds of frozen steak.

Fuck no. Sometimes the service is terrible.

poorfag confirmed.

i work at a fine dine restaurant, we don't get poorfag autists from Sup Forums here. no one really ever gets stiffed and i make $150 a night just bussing tables