1990's Militia Groups

Back in the 90's, after the Waco, TX incident and the Oklahoma City bombing, militia groups were the buzz of the media; guys in fatigues with lots of guns, military-style compounds and hierarchal origination. What happened to those groups? Do they still exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

start.umd.edu/news/sovereign-citizen-movement-perceived-top-terrorist-threat
youtu.be/Vgfi1QZILxk
youtube.com/watch?v=ejczhD-iZlc
youtube.com/watch?v=9DhGoDp2ktk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_the_United_States#Access_and_speed
statista.com/statistics/184685/percentage-of-households-with-computer-in-the-united-states-since-1984/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope

Ok, you got a fun Nazi tag and will probably imply I'm a government shill.

Yea they're called 3%ers.

They're all in state militias, but all those guys who were in their 40s and 50s are now in their 60s and 70s. Go to any regional airfield, you'll find a state militia airman. I think the militia movement is going to die with them.

They certainly do still exist

So by state do you mean part of the national guard, or do they simply use state boundaries for territorial control?

Yes, but they are leaderless.
I was posse out of Montana and North Idaho. We went leaderless because Jews and Jew Commies were attacking the leaders. We exist more than you want to know.

Why is it 'more than I want to know?' I was raised in a moderate Republican home and consider myself a pretty conservative guy.

>militias
you mean FBI camping trips?

When the local sheriff starts to organize a brotherhood, you are best not knowing what is going on.

start.umd.edu/news/sovereign-citizen-movement-perceived-top-terrorist-threat

Did somebody say no leaders?

Quite a few of them have since died of old-age, or are too old to do much physical activity much anymore. I used to run into those sorts of guys a lot when I was taking my amateur radio classes in highschool. The guy who did my Morse code test was some militia guy in his late-60's. He's dead now. I don't think many younger guys are joining "militias" these days.

Why? What does this mean? I'd love to see some vigilante justice applied to some bad people. What all are they doing?

depending on the state, they're official or not official. In Alaska they're 'official' to the point where they're allowed to receive a around 200 dollars a year for uniforms from the state and training with AD/NG.

Militia in boarder states end up being nothing more than free boarder patrol for the state so they have no problem with them.

They got filled up with Feds, then Bush got elected which made them largely obsolete, then Obama came back and they made a bit of noise, only for them to get filled with feds again and blow their public relations by camping in a small federal building.

Tl;dr- they made some noise, dissipated under Bush, and reappeared only to go "REEEEEEEEEE" and piss people off.

What's the point anyway? No ones is waging war on these guys and they're not at war with anyone either. Seems like role playing.

Did these guys join them in some sort of attempt to maintain assault weapons in case Bill enacted greater gun control, as in "hey, we're part of a militia."

>old weirdos playing soldier on the weekends is a threat

Imagine all these Fudds playing grabass with each other.

Oklahoma City bombing was part of Patcon, the Gov is afraid of militias.
youtu.be/Vgfi1QZILxk

>58 minutes
Gonna need a TL;DR on this

sovcits are beta autists

Ask Bo Gritz

Yes but they don't call themselves "militias" anymore, they're clubs now.

hello fbi

there's more now than there was then

that's what the movement is inheriting lad

What they look like they are going duck hunting.

No they all disbanded and left.

a lot of these militia types can (and will) be swayed to our cause when the time is right

>what happened
McVeigh. He was branded as a militiaman and after that nobody wanted to be associated with that and there was a big government crackdown on them

There's still some, like that one border militia, they have military ranks and communicate with mics/headsets. Well equipped but from video they're it just seems like a bunch of redneck dudes wanting to shoot guns and shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ejczhD-iZlc

somewhat cringe worthy, hence the fatass and the fact they're wearing US military fatigues and seem like wannabes but can't say I wouldn't want to do the same if I was bored

Nice bump stock.

Funny story. My last name is actually the Name of the one of the groups. And my family were avid hunters who moved to the northeast from the midwest. So after columbine happened, I had police coming to me in highschool interviewing me and shit was put on my permeneant record. Eventually we found out about it when i was going to college and proceeded to sue the shit out of the school they settled and paid us up to be quiet, which paid for my college tuition. The highschool was extremely liberal.

We had nothing to do with any of it by the way.

The leader of the michigan militia is a black muslim

Nice digits, bump stucks are a waste imo, I'd much rather have a binary trigger. The good ones have about 5lb trigger pulls, shoots once on pull and again on trigger release

youtube.com/watch?v=9DhGoDp2ktk

You mean they PRcucked until they collapsed from PRcucking

Comp showed that they have their uses.

>nazi meme flag
>criticizing role playing

If you're thinking about joining one, don't.

All the original guys are in their late 60s - 80s and don't do it anymore. All that's left are undercover feds trying to entrap you with conspiracy to commit domestic terrorism.

Pussy couldn't handle the mean ol' policeman talking to him so he sued

Typical shitlib

Why did they dissipitate under Bush?

i feel like this is probably true
hell OP, do a search on youtube about state militias, theres a fuck ton of videos of "current militias"
take it for what its worth
I watched one video where a guy flat out said
>if you join though, you're on a government list for life
not sure if that was true or disinfo, maybe I'm just paranoid
I'd have patrolled the border with the legit guys for fun though, on weekends with nothing else to do

very true
even local gun clubs are dominated by fat fuddy duddy tough-guy has-beens.
i blame expensive funs, lead ammo for brain rot, and crusty old macho culture. i just wanna shoot funs and laugh at bs, i'm not there to pretend i'm drinking beer with some guy 2x my age.
similar thing with model trains, and somewhat with planes, except drone and rc clubs can be fun. prototype modelers are usually the no fun allowed types

You're exactly the kind of IM sPECIL AGENT NAVY ARMY AIR FORCE SARGEANT CIA OFFICEr retard is talking about

@8:47
No way I'm buying that they recruited him for a super secret squirrel assassin unit before Selection.

Oldfag militia type here.

It and survivalism were a 90s shortwave radio pre-internet "social club" kind of thing for guys (then) in their late 20s-40s. Faded off considerably once Bush was elected and the Clinton paranoia subsided. Spiked a bit when the nigger was elected, but most of the guys were getting older and with the internet the younger generations don't do stuff in person anymore, so really only survivalism (which is a less active loner type of activity) regained popularity. Sup Forums and /k/ are the spiritual successors to the militia movement. Guys getting together and shitposting about politics, conspiracies, and guns, fucking around with random shit, and fucking with people but on the internet instead of real life. That's pretty much all it was.

They were fun times in retrospect but we took it seriously back then. Pretty comfy memories.

They're around. Nowadays most of them are smart enough not to let the press film them.

Also
@8:45
McVeigh, selected for his aptitute, can't spell "warrior."

i might already be on government lists. doesn't fucking matter. if all the public militias are infiltrated i can create my own. militias should be ad-hoc with people you know and trust. Not some shit you advertise on the web.

He's german?

fuckin nazi

THEN WHY ARE YOUTALKING ABOUT IT ON THE WEB

My understanding is hat the oathcucks and 3%ers absorbed them all. They are all subverted and support the system.
Most of these groups were LARPers. The full on militias that could not be hijacked were probably disbanded.

They support the US government.

They are disguised as under water basket weaving clubs.

i was young but I remember these days from Arfcom in the 90's
found my way here naturally i guess lel

Sure brother, but it's a necessity to be prepared ourselves too because many of them look upon their groups as mere social clubs

yeahhhh. cus a 64 year old man killed that many people with bump stocks. Anyone that believes paddock was the main source of carnage is an idiot. Pic related, 100rnd surefire mags. Super unreliable, he was tossing guns after only a couple dumps if that's the case, and chances are he wasn't doing so hot.

Accuracy is absolute shit. The bumpfire was a sound distraction from the actual shooter(s) most likely using full auto themselves.

Google bundy ranch and oregon standoff.

Even though they got arrested after the oregon one, most militias didn't really care.

You see them mobilize in barely covered events all the time. Hanging out at pro and antitrump rallies, doing progun stuff on their own at like the ohio statehouse etc.

Its mostly political stuff, not like legitimately scary militia shit that goes on in the middle east, africa, or latin america.

Real militia is never seen in camo anyway.

They are out there.

>90s shortwave radio pre-internet

are you retarded, we had internet in the 90s and 80s too

very few survivalists / militia types were shortwavers, some guys in militias did it for commo purposes

most HAM radio operators are/were boomer cucks

Remember when serial killing was a thing? Leaving little doo-dads and trinkets on the bodies? Whatever happened to this? Inb4 modern age everything can be easily found and captured on camera, there literally hasn't been a serial killer in decades. Somethings fucky.

September 11th killed off a lot of domestic right wing angst until Obama became President. The Clintons were out of power, America had been attacked and there was a Republican President to rally around. Obviously it was illusory but the militia movement, which I can attest to being a genuine thing around, say, 94, had been heavily infiltrated and the reaction to Oklahoma City essentially killed off any viability it had with most normie cons. Once Y2K happened largely without incident they were effectively finished and the patriotic fervor of the early 00s essentially wiped them out.

As mentioned a lot of the older guys involved with them have died or are well into their retirement years. It's also illegal to do paramilitary training in some states which put a damper on things. Gun control being, at least for now, a largely settled issue on the side of gun owners, has also curbed the appeal. That and the militias were one of the last gasps of local culture in the pre-internet days. These guys generally, at least in the beginning, knew each other from work, the lodge or hunting camps. Younger people forget but the internet wasn't all that widespread in this country until the late 90s, especially in poorer rural areas.

Sure the internet existed but half of US households didn't have home internet access until 2002. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_the_United_States#Access_and_speed

If you lived in, say, rural Michigan or Montana, two militia hot spots, it was unlikely that you had personal computer, let alone internet access. Around 1994, probably the peak year for militias, roughly 25 percent of the population had a home PC. statista.com/statistics/184685/percentage-of-households-with-computer-in-the-united-states-since-1984/

I remember my family getting ours in 1995. We actually cancelled our internet subscription (Prodigy) because no one really used it and didn't get it again until 1997.

I think there's a group called the III%. There definitely the biggest group

MK-ULTRA active phase testing finally stopped. Besides serial killers are still around.