One Piece

>D: Question! "Whitebeard Edward Newgate", "Blackbeard Marshall D. Teach", "4th Squad Commander Thatch". These three all appear to be based off the real-life 18th century Caribbean pirate, Edward Teach (or sometimes Edward Thatch), aka "Blackbeard". Can you tell us more about this figure?
O: All three, yes. As a matter of fact, Whitebeard and Thatch just take his name, but Blackbeard himself is completely modeled after the man. The real-life pirate called Blackbeard had many names, and one of them was "Thatch". He also went by "Drummond" and "Thache". He would braid his very long black beard and light smoking wicks hanging from his hat, and with the six pistols and three swords he bore, must have been the very figure of the Devil in battle. Countless stories exist of him shooting his own crew to teach them a lesson, and so on. There are legends that he hid a great treasure, but it has never been found. Now's your chance!

>Real life blackbeard found the One Piece and left it somewhere out there
Luffyfags BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

onepiecepodcast.com/2015/07/22/the-one-piece-connection/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post Hancock

I'm curious what his backstory is gonna be. His child pic had him sad with a moon in the background so it might tie in with the Enel sideadventure. Plus his interests include history which might explain some things.

>Reminder
Goku=Luffy
Chichi=Hancock
Piccolo=Zoro
Bulma=Nami
Vegeta=Law

That makes a lot of sense actually
>yamcha=sanji
>krillin=usopp

Only difference is that Sanji actually wins fights.

Why do they call him Whitebeard when he doesn't even have a beard?

>sanji actually wins fight
>hasn't read past the time skip
Top kek

Well apparently the word beard and mustache are the same in Japan

Because the word for beard in japanese refers to any kind of facial hair.

Delete this.
I trust the hack, he will redeem him this arc.

Why not translate it to Whitefacial instead?

You know why.

Best pairing! Incredible chemistry in the manga and great doujins!

I miss when Luffy didnt want to protect everyone and acknowledged death was a reality

>one piece in real life
Nows my chance, who wants to join my crew? I'll be the captain.
I look like a spic just lIke Luffy.
Where's my nigger best friend?
My shitty swordsmen
My shitty cook
My landwhale gold digger slut
My Pervert uncle
My bone grandpa
My annoying kid
And My goddess archeologist

If you look closely at that pic, you'll notice that the moon is drawn on a canvas. Teach is crying because nobody liked his drawing, so he became evil. Teach is literally Hitler.
Caesar will join him and gas the Tenryubitos.

I want her.

Law is Luffy's Piccolo, Kid is the Vegeta.

Teach is crying in that page because he was ridiculed for saying he would go to said moon, the home of his ancestors.

Piccolo = Robin

Sanji hasn't really had a good fight since Mr. 2 and even then Kuroobi was a better fight
most of his fights have been against low stack lackies with boring gimmicks or just slowing down the main villain for Luffy to battle later
he even had the worst training during the time skip
Oda hasn't thought of anything cool to do with that he might as well just be joke when he's suppse to be the 3rd best fight on the crew right?
he hasn't really had a time to shine, for a long, looong time

Threadly reminder that at the current pace One Piece is canonically scheduled to end in the year 2034. The robot revolution will be complete at that time and we will all live off of NEETbux.

This.

>tfw I'm probably dying by 2030 or earlier

>Chichi=Hancock
>Luffy's son will be a scholar
Maybe an archaeologist like the Oharans?

So how confirmed is the blackbeard cerberus theory? I mean even the flag on his ship has three skulls on it

It's fanfiction-tier. The skulls (that don't even look like dog skulls) are much more likely to represent the three Moirai, since Blackbeard and his crew fap to fate.

Hey ya'll, I wanted to run this idea by everyone...I'm sure there's been no end to people making up their own Devil Fruit, but I had an idea for one that I feel like would fit pretty well into the continuity.

I give you, the Gassha Gassha no Mi. Paramecia type. Much like Mr. 3's fruit, this fruit allows the wielder to create and shape glass from their body. The glass created can be razor sharp, of course, and while much stronger than normal glass can still be shattered. (Read, normal-strength damage won't hurt it, probably bulletproof, but add in some of that superhuman strength and it breaks easily.) However, with practice the user can create the glass with a stress pattern such that when the glass is broken, most of the shards will fly in the direction of the strike.

I'm thinking a "Green Knight" theme for the user, so the glass will be naturally green-tinted. Big green plate armor that sends out a shower of razor shards right into your face if you're strong enough to break it. A "Gasshin Gasshin Carousel" ultimate move, where the user creates some crazy roller coaster track made out of glass and rides it on a sled shaped like a warhorse, creating a glass lance to strike the enemy with. Lances are a perfect weapon for this fruit, since they tended to break with one use. So either the target is impaled, or they manage to block the lance, so it shatters with all the shards going towards the target. Or both, perhaps!

Weakness! (I am disappointed if this didn't immediately jump into your mind.) A sufficiently high-pitched, sufficiently loud sound will make the glass shatter randomly, without the directional control that the user can employ against a physical hit.

So yeah, my goal was to think up a Devil Fruit that would fit into the world of One Piece pretty well. What do you think?

>>>/reddit/

Completely outclassed by Aokiji's ice constructs

Well, yeah. Aokiji would stick his foot up this guy's ass and use him to mop his kitchen floor. I'm not trying for any kind of 'best fruit.' I'm just going for a fruit that would seem to fit right into the world of One Piece. Weird gimmicks and all.

GET OUT
E
T
O
U
T

>tfw the wiki has called this arc the Tottoland arc.

Nuke the One Piece wiki when?

>there's a moon in the background
>It'll totally tie in with Enel!
No.

He clearly knows the fate of the Will of D's which is related to a half moon.

Link related: onepiecepodcast.com/2015/07/22/the-one-piece-connection/

what would you call it?

Whole Cake Island arc, that is a part of the Yonko Saga. Quite simple really.

well it says
>The Totto Land Arc, or the Whole Cake Island Arc
on the wiki.
I think totta land arc is fine as it's getting mentioned a lot too.

Seriously.

One Piece will be Luffy activating Sage mode at this rate

>that is a part of the Yonko Saga
And you think the wiki is bad?

but it makes sense that now he wants to protect everyone, after losing his crew, being utter helpless, saved by bon chan and having ace die in his arms and being the one who is getting protected by jimbe, iva, croco, WB and the crew, hancock, law etc etc its reasonable that after being two years training his head was filled with this thoughs and now he doesnt want him or anybody to go through that shit never again.

Why would they look like dog skulls lol? The theory is that blackbeard is in fact three triplets. Hence why "he" can use several fruits.

>you will never EVER lick Perona's sweaty dirty sour lolita feet after a hot summer day

;_;

In Greek mythology, cerberus is a multi headed dog that guards the gate to hades.

ffs just call it Bigu Mamu arc

I'm going to take this bait. First I don't agree he very much still only cares about then well being of the Straw Hats, and people deems worth calling friends. Secondly the entire first half of this series is Luffy basically thinking he was hot shit until his brother died, and he got his ass whooped at Marineford. He obviously grew from that experience. Its easy to talk shit like he did until it actually happens. So basically his outlook now is death is inevitable, but I need to be strong enough to prevent it.

reminder that One Piece used to be truly good

The only character in the series strong enough to beat Blackbeard will be Coby as the Admiral of the
New Marines.

it's because the timeskip removed anything charming about the characters. I also wish haki wasn't a fucking thing, it's the most boring shit to watch

every fight between luffy and Mr. Bigbad boils down to luffy just out-haki'ing opponenets. Gear 4th was interesting though, I'll give it that, but the side characters are basically useless except for eliminating grunts

The difference is that Vivi was weak. The difference is that Luffy was weak.

Luffy is one of the strongest characters now, so he's more able to protect others. Wasn't it Kenshin's sensei that taught this to Kenshin? Oda was an assistant on that manga.

it just shows what everyone else already knows. That FI is a bad arc and that PH and Dressrosa were overall good.

I think Fishman Island was better than Dressrosa.

FI was bad and PH/Dressrosa were mediocre, not good.

Koala is inproportional plump for a jk

The only reason people call Fishman Island bad is because the antagonist wasn't scary like Doflamingo. Everything other than the main antagonist of Fishman Island was superior to Dressrosa.

Truth.

Even the crybaby in FI was better than the crybaby in Dressrosa.

Luffy didn't beat Doflamingo by overpowering his haki. If that were true, Doflamingo's piercing attacks wouldn't have stabbed through his chest. He beat him by hitting harder. Other than an Usopp kind of fight, which sometimesendsunconvenrionally, almost all fights in all stories and through all genres of literature come down to who can deal enough damage to incap their opponent first.

Is there a chapter this week?

There's no jump this week

no, wsj is on a break

>out haki'ing
That's not even how it works.

Tits too big, what the hell did she eat in revolutionary base?

Blackbeard is the chosen D. The carrier of the Will of D. What you just posted, Whitebeard asking Roger about him, and his special body and the ability to ignore the rules of the devil prove that it's him.

Roger's will is not the same as the Will of D.

Based Toei. This is how women should look.

Sanji got beat by two of the strongest characters around. If anything Sanji should get more credit for taking them on. Vergo was like a Whitebeard division commander level threat, and Doffy was more than a match for Luffy alone.

And judge?

The cerberus theory is retarded.
The flag probably resembles the 3 df blackbeard will have in the end game,probably consuming a mythical zoan in addition.
The reason why he can consume more than one is the first place is unknown

Sanji stopped fighting against Judge because he's a bleeding heart libtard, judge didn't beat him up.

What about the theory he inserted the Devil fruit into his ring on his hand? He has 3 rings I think.

Darkness -> Quake -> Phoenix?
I agree that the original Cerberus theory is unlikely, and for sure is not what Zoro and Luffy referred to when they were pointing out Blackbeard had a crew with him to Nami.

However, Blackbeard stated that the Yami Yami chose him, similar to how the cursed swords choose their own masters (stated by the sword shop owner, tested by Zoro, and also stated by Mihawk).

This suggests that Yami Yami may have a will of its own and that it may have even manipulated Teach into killing Thatch.

Law destroyed Vergo in one slash. Sanji should've been able to beat him. Luffi is gonna kick the ass of a yonkou this arc, it does mean that Sanji need to be at the same level than Vista/Jozu by end of this arc, or at least when they will fight Kaidou.

Sanji does not have a devil fruit considered to be one of the strongest in the whole world. Law does. Law couldn't do shit to Vergo other than rely on his DF.

Sanji threw that fight because he didn't want to hurt those soldiers.
I wonder what Zoan he could be aiming for. Kaido seems to be interested in Zoans for his crew. I wonder if BB will get involved with him somehow.

Maybe, but Luffy would still kick his ass for his own selfish reasons and make the entire prophecy irrelevant, because hard work > talent.

You don't understand how his fruit works. It din't help him at all in this fight.

Pudding is CUTE!

I may be remembering badly. I thought that Law ended the fight with a win because Vergo assumed his CoA made him immune to Law's slice, but badly lost because he was mistaken. Law did no damage to Vergo directly, because his haki was too strong. Instead he was sliced to pieces unharmed and then caught in the explosion.

I do understand how his fruit works. His slices don't actually damage his opponent, except with the moves he used on Doflamingo.

I at least hope I remember rightly.

Are you baiting? He literally one shotted Vergo out of nowhere right before he was about to be dealt the final blow on. His Fruti is OP as shit and he only survived because of that.

They both worked pretty hard to be fair.

His fruit has nothing to do with slicing things up.

Pudding a shit. A SHIT
DELETE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THE INVINCIBLE CAPTAIN JACK

>he actually said laws fruit doesn't let him cut stuff
>Did he skip law on Sabondy?

It's true that he can only do it within the sphere of spatial control that his ability is limited by. Fortunately he can make that sphere very large.

Also, he heavily uses the sphere to slice people up, over and over again. It appears you don't understand his ability.

where is praline

>he doesn't know what Law's fruit actually does

Top O' The Mornin to ya, Laddie!

Crocodile is Vegeta
>Luffy's first truly strong enemy
>Joined forced once against a common foe but still not friends
Now the next time they will end up joining forced again and this time Croc will join the Strawfleet

He doesn't use his sphere to cut things bunch of retards. You can read again the arc on Sabaondy, he use his fucking sword to cut things up. And it is never said nor implied that his room allow him to cut easily with his sword.

Why is it that when he cuts people they dont bleed and he uses shambles to rearrange their parts then?

That's his ability, people are not hurt when they are cut in piece and and he can manipulate everything in his room. But he does cut them with his sword and his room doesn't help him for that.

If Zoro cut someone inside his room it would have the same effect.

He uses his sword with his ability. He wouldn't have been able to so much as scratch Vergo without it.

No. You don't understand his ability.

No you just think you are the expert on it but you have it backasswards

Law's relationship with Luffy mirrors Goku and vegetas.
Law will get Nami

You didn't mention his fight against Jyabura.

It seems you are the one that doesn't bud.