What's the best Macross and why is it 7?

What's the best Macross and why is it 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-08-10/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/141410041/#141434580
oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-08-09/
youtube.com/watch?v=DDJut50TzmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you feel ashamed when you take pics like that?

god i hope not, that would be fucking ridiculous

Not at all.

Macross 7 is better than SDF in literally every way.

Better music, significantly better animation, more interesting and well developed characters, cooler VFs, the themes of music being a powerful tool transcending war are explored far more than in SDF, the "idol" actually pilots a VF and fights, the love triangle isn't as cringe, the list goes on.

M7 destroys SDF, although both are great.

nice meme

Nice lack of argument.

How bad is the animation in Frontier do you think? To me it seems extremely bad when there's almost any movement

I think the thing I hated the most about SDF was the love triangle and that they spent like then entire last volume on it.

As much as I enjoyed Minmay betting blown the fuck out the resolution to the romance was weak as fuck and felt like it could have gone either way at any time.

What a sad macross thread

Macross is ded.

Gotta agree with the comment on the animation in Frontier.
Like many shows early in the CGI era it tries something that wasn't mature enough and the CGI stands out all the time.

It still stands out. The only good CGI mechas were MJP and Fafner Exodus.

They're using it a hella lot in Frontier though

Genesis Climber Mospeada>all

Same with Delta. Drawing Valks costs money. A lot of money.

It's not just the mechs though, they're using it all over the place.

I remember the PS2 game, fucking goat

I need the name of this beauty

Everyone will disagree with me... again... I think Macross Plus is the best. SDF is terribly outdated in almost all respects to be put against any other Macross title. I'm honestly surprised they haven't remade SDF yet; it seems long overdue and much needed.
SDF established music as a cultural phenomenon.
Macross Plus introduced techno-mind control elements to the music.
Macross 7 is when everything started going full retard with magical music gonna have super powers. Everything wrong with Macross Frontier and Macross Delta can be directly traced back to 7 when music stopped being music and started being space magic.

Plus is the best Macross.

You're about the only person I've met on Sup Forums that agrees with me.

They're all good for different reasons.

i'm here too. best protag, best idol, best song, best valks.

Yes. I love that the YF-21 was an attempt to integrate Zentraedi Queadluun-Rau technology and design into a human variable fighter, right up to it can eject its arms and legs and still operate.
But the YF-19 is my favorite of all time. Macross 7 ruined the VF-19 by reducing the wings. It just make its look like it has a fat ass.

And Isamu was a great MC, but a bit of a dick. And he wasn't dense or autistic as Basara or Alto.

Basara so far seems to be the best Macross MC, not only as a Macross MC but overall in anime he's an extremely strong individual character who goes above and beyond existing just for the narrative he's in.

He's too autistic about the whole 'LISTEN TO MY SONG' thing so he behaves not like an actual human. Isamu is better.

He was a total dick, but ask anyone who knows fighter pilots and they'll tell you: they're dicks. It's part of fighter jock culture; you kind of have to believe you're the hottest shit to ever sit in a fighter jet or you're going to second guess yourself and get iced. That translates into how they relate to regular people as well.

Oh god, a quality Macross discussion. And that's because there are no Delta in the OP.

>behaving like an 'actual' human being means a character is good

Nice metric, but Basara isn't just autistic alone he has incredibly strongly held beliefs that he chases after.

The point still stands: he's too autistic and that makes him kinda unlikable bastard. His songs are cool though.

>he's too autistic and that makes him kinda unlikable

To you, sure. You have to watch 7 till the very end and then some (the OVA's) for his character arc to finally finish and everything to be out there.

His final song lyrics are the blueprints for his character.

I dunno man, eating that leaf was pretty autistic.

>what's the breast Macross and why is it 7?

Irrelevant character

Plus is always the de facto of the macross franchise

Plus > Delta

I cri

It's been a while since I've watched 7.

Whose tits are those?

>Plus
>OVA
>Better than a TV series
KEK

No, it's not.

TOBERU

AI NO

KISS DE

最果てへlink

No shit. Delta has shit writing.

>Delta has shit writing

Shit means shit. Deltafags on damage control

I feel like kawamori is a lot better with ova than series. At least his pacing is better.

It's like he keeps all the interesting and exiting parts for the last half of the second cour.

He works better when his time budget is restricted.

It depends on who he is working with mainly. It feels more like Kawamori is saying he wants this and this to be done and this Nemoto guy is struggling to fit in everything.

Plus was directed by Watanabe. Hence why its pretty good.

oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-08-10/
Novatic at 5,856
How did the first opening single do on the first day?

A lot better?

Plus is literally the second worst Macross. When the only good things you can say about an anime is that the animation and music are good then you know it's shit. It's the anime equivalent of saying a game's best feature is that it has pretty graphics.

Because "I'll make this mountain listen to my song" was the protagonist.

That's not the 1st day.

No, it's the almost the same. This one is doing just a bit better.

The tits of an irrelevant character.

Really? Wait, what were the daily sales for the first single?

Having seen SDF/Plus/Zero/Delta, i'd say Delta.

And yep, you are right.
It sold around 7,512 copies on the first day the numbers were listed.
I was expecting this would happen.
It could have done a little better if they spent some time in preparing some animation for the op and ed.

The 1st single sold 35,839 copies in one week.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/141410041/#141434580

5,856 is not the 1st day, it's the 2nd day since it begun to be ranked yesterday: oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-08-09/
at the 6th place.

>if they spent some time in preparing some animation for the op and ed.
?? what are you talking about?

I hate original anime. I want to know what's going to happen next already.

Delta is acceptable in the pacing just not in a weekly basis, you have to see it all in one go.

I hope for Freyja to be healed of the 30yo curse and become a fairy and beacon of hope for all the galaxy.

Mirage and Hayate should end as a couple, feels more classic "macross-like" and they are progressing slowly but surely.

The 1st day there were actual number of units listed. The first single was at 3rd place on the 1st day, and has 7,512 copies sold reported for the 2nd day.
The second single was 6th place for the 1st day, and 5,856 for the 2nd day.
It looks like it's objectively not doing as well.
The opening animation and the ending animation are effectively music videos. Having poor visuals only hurts the impact the music could have had.

>The opening animation and the ending animation are effectively music videos. Having poor visuals only hurts the impact the music could have had.
That's for the BD not the singe. You're retarded. They're selling the music with this youtube.com/watch?v=DDJut50TzmQ not with the animation.
Who the fuck care?

>The first single was at 3rd place on the 1st day, and has 7,512 copies sold reported for the 2nd day. The second single was 6th place for the 1st day, and 5,856 for the 2nd day.
It doesn't mean anything because it depends on what other singles is selling with it on that day. You should wait the 1st week sales in order to compare them.

I can live with that as long as it don't diminish the connection between Freyja and Hayate. Their actions will be key to end the conflict.
The jewel/Var/rune resonance is mixing their feelings from deep caring into love imho. I want them to stay in good terms even if he goes to Mirage.

Why haven't you watched 7 and Frontier?

>guy shows absolutely zero interest in a girl romantically or even slightly sexually speaking
>"they should totes end up together"

its Robotech you enormous faggot

>50 ep
30 ep are shitty SOL filler.
The story began to move only after 20 ep.

Robotech doesn't exist.

But it was good SOL

you dont exist

>They're selling the music with this
Nobody is going to look at that and decide they want to purchase the single. The people watching the anime might become interested from watching the opening or the ending in the anime.
>You should wait the 1st week sales in order to compare them.
Fair enough, but the disparity between the second day sales doesn't look good.

Robotech doesn't exist in Japan, it's MACROSS. In the west, it's shit and a rip off. I don't know why they are still alive right now because it's complete shit.

They're interested by the song not the animation, otherwise they will buy the BD.

Isamu isn't as weird as Basara, but Basara is arguably a more human character specifically because he overcomes countless struggles in the course of his story.

Even though Basara believes 100% in pacifism + the power of music, hotblood, willpower etc, he's the only one who does for most of his series. He endures countless failures (sup 20+ episodes of Planet Dance), the ridicule and criticism of almost everyone around him, and attempts by unscrupulous people to turn him into a tool for their goals/ambitions once he finally starts to get some results. Through all of it, he stays true to what he believes in, although not without challenges and doubts about what the hell he's supposed to be doing (see: Basara wandering around Lux after failing to get Sivil to wake up).

Compare this to Isamu. I don't dislike Isamu--he has mad skills, and I especially appreciate that he isn't a moping, socially inept teenager who doesn't know what he wants like the typical anime protagonist archetype--but, unless there's something I'm forgetting, none of the events of his series challenge him or test his character in the same way. They did for Guld though, obviously.

Pic related

And I'm saying the animation helps promote the music. The second cour has been doing a lousy job of doing that.

So why did you watch SDF then?

Also, listen to his fucking song.

It doesn't matter for the music. It's the songs, the TV ads, the link on YT and nicovideo that helps it.

Macross is the name, super robot fortress the game.

SDF is important and iconic, 7 is not.

>7 is not.

7 has good rock music but it has the most awful pace of the entire franchise.

Because OSHIETE KURE SEBENSU MUUN

Only if they give it a shot after being exposed to its crummy TV presentation.

Do you feel ashamed when you look at pics like that?

There is many ways to get exposed to it.

not if i wasnt seeking them out

>you have to see it all in one go
Yeah, instead of having no plot progression and at least 10 minutes of exposition every week, you can suffer all this shit in one go, call it a day and never look back.

Macross 7 was worst than that. It was the same with Frontier TV and SDF. You should stick to movies and OAVs for Macross.

I thought Macross Zero had the perfect style of CGI, what ever happened to that?

SDF is more iconic than 7. What's new?