Christian themes that were actually implemented by someone who has experienced being Christian instead of a guy who...

>Christian themes that were actually implemented by someone who has experienced being Christian instead of a guy who read a Wikipedia article and thought it was cool

How can Evangelion even compete? Also, does anyone know if Oshii ever became Christian again?

>How can Evangelion even compete?
by not having Christian themes
people in Japan wear crucifixes for the same reason the explosions were crosses in Evangelion

oshii is bae

>thinks Kabbalism is Christian

You only wish your flimsy whitewashed Judaism knockoff was deep enough for that level of symbolism.

For japan crucifixes are a cool symbol like how in the west ying-yang or kanji is a cool symbol, specially when you dont know what the kanji means.

This is a weird one. First time I watched it I thought it was boring and every facet of it was lost on me.

After rewatching it with religious tones in mind it seems more interesting.

Well, I am not much into religion, so even with that in mind, some of the thing probably eludes me, what is the message/symbolism/ idea this is trying to have?

I don't even know what anime this is but if English class taught me anything is that there is always a Christ figure

>who has experienced being Christian

Did japan left their pagans traditions of shinto and finally accept the only and one savior?

Exactly, they're the tribal tattoos of Japan, worn by their versions of jocks and Guidos, pretty/play boys.

There is literally a man with bandaged hands who carries a cross for the whole movie.
So you're not wrong.

>implying
Anyways, you tell me.

test

No but China does.

Oshii was Christian but lost his faith shortly before he started working on Angel's Egg.

Can anyone actually explain what it was about besides a soldier with a rifle traveling around some kind of dream world following a girl?

That chart is pretty deceptive, isn't it? I think 90% of Japan is shintoist, and a lot of people are Shinto and Buddhist at the same time. The thing with Abrahamic religions is that they're inclusive, while Eastern religion tends to be syncretic.

>In a few decades China will have the largest Christian community on earth
Weird idea

>The thing with Abrahamic religions is that they're inclusive, while Eastern religion tends to be syncretic.
Haha, oh wow.

My apologies, I made a really stupid typo.
They're EXclusives, in the sense that worshipping anything from another doctrine is a one-way ticket to excommunication land (or death if you're a durka).

>he thinks the christian shit in evangelion mattered and is part of what made it good
Kill yourself.

lrn2read

Holy shit, you are retarded as all fucks.