Why are Scientists so Arrogant? Why does our Society Respect them?

Every scientist in the world seems to be the most arrogant piece of shit ever. Neil Degassed Tyson always trash-talks anyone without a degree in a science related subject and says they have no right to talk about science. Yet he talks about every other field of study in existence. Michael Faraday called trades and commerce "inferior" to science. Rick said "they're bureaucrats i don't respect them". Every one i met in University studying science gave subtle hints of "oh im advancing world while your just making money for yourself, i am truly superior

This makes me wonder why scientists are so highly respected? Why do politicians and civilians in general respect someone who looks down on them as inferior? I think this shows that people want a leader that looks down on them, they don't truly want democracy they want someone who looks down at them with contempt.

Other urls found in this thread:

ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/ajp.144.10.1288
medicaldaily.com/why-smarter-people-are-more-likely-be-mentally-ill-270039
thefaceberg.com/the-brawn-initiative/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Success breeds jealousy

Then why do scientists look down on successful people?

Because they are smart and people like you (kekistani flag posters) are thick. The are not arrogant, thats just how smart and mature people appear to people like you

Scientist are just grown up nerds. Bully them.

Being at the forefront of human civilization will do things to people. I don't expect any different from people in power. Is it wrong to have an egocentric leader?

My dad was an executive at a medium sized corporation. I have been to gatherings with politicians, rich investers, and top lawyers. They were always modest despite being smarter than me. Scientists just brag brag brah

People in power don't act like that.

>why are scientists arrogant?
I dont know what the things you know about are, just imagine a person who doesnt know about that topic want to explain you something based on nothing.

Now that you know how we evil scientists feel I want to add that I do NOT support Scientism. Scientists are not philosophers and they should present their achievments in a rational objective way. Most of us do. Ignore those who dont, ignore those who talk about politics even more.

They were sucking up to you, you mong.

No they aren't, my dad wasn't very important it wasn't even that big of a company. It was just a gathering there were WAYYY more important people. I spoke to a Congressmen, i would say but i don't want to somehow be doxxed. He said "how's it going". "enjoy school?", I said i was on the soccer team and he's like "really" and smiled and was like "awwww man i was too". It's hard to explain over text but he was the nicest guy i ever met.

You sound underage. People threatened by scientist statements and attitudes are more often than not jealous. Corporate big shots and celebrities brag in different ways. You are just triggered by the particular ways in which scientists brag

That's just normal conversation. Some scientists are autistic or just not used to social interactions since they prefer logic or the lab instead of business environments.

I'm 18, and im saying this politician i met didn't brag. His attittude was "well im nothing special, just try my best" kind of guy while scientists are like "im better then you inferior slave"

I understand if people are awkward i have autism as well. I'm just saying scientists basically call non-scientists inferior

They're half arrogant because of the dummies stupider than them, and half defensive because of the bullshit they know they are shilling

you live in a fake world, it is all about what you project

Because they're mostly lazy-arse Leftys.
Academia science means never having to actually MAKE a damn thing and being rewarded just for spewing out random 'papers' on obscure crap no one ever reads, 'Peer reviewed' by corrupt fellow bubble existers.
Lefty Dream Life.

Science as a field of human activity has proven itself to be superior to other fields in terms of accomplishing things in the real world.

Scientists take this to mean that since they participate in it, at least nominally, their opinions are imbued with all the authority of the technologial advances that have completely reshaped human civilization in the last few centuries.

Obviously this is dumb, and most scientists are just as clueless about everything as laymen are. It is the process of science itself, of multiple people all doing the same experiments to confirm results, that has been so wildly successful. Any individual, even a Newton or Einstein, was full of ridiculous beliefs on many subjects.

Bill nye and Nigger Degrasse Tyson aren't scientists. Most actual scientists are humble/slightly autistic

True.

Science is inherently Right Wing. The left is anti-science (cf. postmodernism etc.)

you clearly did not experience the academic world

It's human nature to be prideful of things and throw others under the bus for not having them. That's why you should never conform to the world and instead be humble no matter how powerful you are.

The real problem is that there isn't enough credit for the scientists who make breakthroughs
You don't know the name of a single person who worked at Bell Labs to develop the computer technology we use today
But everyone knows Steve Jobs and Bill Gates
What is even worse is you can now see what happens when people don't respect, as the modern monopolies invest nothing into research

the right-left dichotomy is a spook

> Degassed Tyson
pop sci

one of the most edgy photoshops i've seen in a while. I like the crying mouths on the left. Nice touch

Did you just unironically quoted "Rick" from rick and reddit?

Dumb underage fag

Very true, and trends indicate that the more intelligent you are, the higher your chances of having mental illness so many scientists may be just high-functioning spergs.
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/ajp.144.10.1288

There are (((scientists))) like tyson and scientists who actually devote life to research in a field and who you will never hear of. They are the invisible layer of the pyramid. The top of the crop who still fall below the eyes of elites who rule and fund their research by wisely knowing which projects will bear fruit and be profitable.

Example: Nasa funding and space tech that has become common place in homes. Savvy investing.

Example 2: Funding the SJW (((science))) like sociology and gaining nothing of benefit besides a new Cosmo article highlighting Feminism for Bill Nye to air on a show.

This second example is not science. It is a form of propaganda by appealing to the authority of science held over the plebian masses.

don't lump us all in with Neil DeNig Tyson ffs.

Shit that article isn't free
medicaldaily.com/why-smarter-people-are-more-likely-be-mentally-ill-270039

Are you a scientist?

Because they're spoiled know-it-alls.

The only fucking thing Neil-deTrash Tyson have ever achieved in science is being black. He's not even smart. He's just interested in science. He have NO achievements whatsoever.

>Yet retards treat him like a God

There are no consumer products made with anything from space though. They were made by civilian contractors on the ground like every other consumer good. NASA was a wallet and nothing more.

Not all do man. The ones that do truly don't understand the nature of the world if they think a piece of paper makes them better than everyone else.

>nothing has value

Go be nihilistic somewhere else.

if it was NDT you were speaking to he would have asked you what kind of retard enjoys kicking a hollow sphere into a net

Exactly my point.

>puts words in my mouth
That's not what I said and you can go be a faggot somewhere else. I was talking about the assholes that think all the need is the piece of paper to make themselves superior. One must DO something to be considered valuable and believe it or not a lot of subjects scientists study are actually applicable to the real world.

And again not all would reply like that. Some understand how important exercise is and how sports contribute to that

>waaaa why are the big mean scientists mean to stupid people like me
>reddit and memey
>kekistani
>18
The absolute state of Sup Forums

>WAHHH WAHHH why are actual smart people not sucking the dick of retarded nerds like scientists

>That's not what I said and you can go be a faggot somewhere else
Well i can already tell the caliber of person i'm dealing with.

>piece of paper to make themselves superior.
These pieces of paper are handed out for nothing?

>One must DO something to be considered valuable
Yeah and the piece of paper signifies that.

But Tyson doesn't believe in God

Really bounces my ball

>uses meme flags
>"""""actually smart""""""

because they make such pretty things

Yeah. I do actual lab work though rather than running my arrogant yap 24/7 like Tyson

Yes, those pieces of paper often are handed out for nothing and no, they aren't "doing" anything in the sense you refuse to see. I could sit alone at home and get a meme degree in astrophysics but still not have done anything in the positive sense of the word.

This. Nigger Degrasse Tyson strikes me as a C-student at best, getting by on his nigger-skin privilege.

He just doesn't have the "chops" of someone that's worked brutally hard like other real scientists. Humility comes with extremely hard work. Nigger Tyson is full on hubris.

I've worked with real, actual doctorate-holding scientists and the majority of them don't see themselves as pioneering geniuses leading mankind to a brighter future.

They come in, they do their work, they bitch about their schedules, the eat lunch, they go back home.

They're by and large boring people who dislike their jobs.

All in all, they seemed like perfectly normal people who treated their work as their work and not as some kind of intellectual status symbol.

Leftists are all about letting false-idols guide them. They always deify retards like nigger degrasse tyson.

They have made great contributions to civilization.

Like all men, they have their weaknesses. Their's is utopian ideology, a tempting continuation of rationalizing all things into clean laws.

>Yes, those pieces of paper often are handed out for nothing and no,
All the pieces of paper or some of them? There is no "piece of paper" that someone has earned?

>they aren't "doing" anything in the sense you refuse to see.
They are conducting research which will lead to products you can buy to enrich your life.

>I could sit alone at home and get a meme degree in astrophysics but still not have done anything in the positive sense of the word.
As you are doing now?

Because scientists ARE the ones advancing our world and not the Wall street bankers.

I agree, Scientists, and Doctors that hate other professions are a bunch of pricks that should be gassed

exterminate disharmony in the labor market

Stop whining and crying, it's not appealing

BASED, but just wondering how did you become a scientist? Isn't it very selective.

you're a bad troll

They're mostly autists and psychos, and their authority figures, teachers, told them they were better than everyone else by putting As on their paper, so that makes them think they beat reality. And people look up to them basically because movies and tv shows program them to. The scientist is always very important to helping people get what they need to win in the films.

>Stop whining and crying, it's not appealing
Wow that projection.

>how did you become a scientist? Isn't it very selective.
You go to school and earn pieces of paper that you preset to a prospective employer and they have you do the things that the paper says you can do.

Also note, its Scientists and Doctors who hold an intellectual and information hegemony so that they seem like experts and that they have justified control over you. They're as much con artists as bankers are.

How did you get into that school?

Post link to the article

Because basically you're too stupid to know you're fucking dumb and scientists have to keep reminding you that you are just so you know.

>Why are scientists so arrogant?
They were bullied in high school.

All products of man begin in the imagination. They all stem off the math unlocked by those with higher degrees of understanding. The studies shared by NASA provided the private sector with an edge over their foreign competitors.

The R&D at NASA was directly responsible for developing the math. Much like astronomers of Old forged the way for the wright brothers by quantifying the force of gravity or the ancients who formulated the wheel.

We owe much to these pioneers. If not a share of the credit for unlocking the tools to create modern products like computers.

(You) are thinking quite literal. The products were made by a lower man in a factory downtown who lacks the intellectual capacity to have designed it on his own. Instead relying on blueprints and instructions left for him by smarter men.

Next you'll try and tell me that contractors who laid stones get all credit for building the pyramids and not the architects. You knew what I meant.

There are all sorts of scientists. People who got a PhD for the title tend to be unskilled and insufferable cunts, but the ones who know their stuff tend to be low-key.

Its the secular scientist that are this way - they have a GOD complex and believe their intellect surpasses a divine GOD. That is why they state everything as a fact but really its their own opinion. Scientist who are deist, agnostic, or theist do not act arrogant.

I see what your game is, so I'll just end with this: arrogant scientists like Black Science Man and That Guy Who Literally Had His Brain Broken By Tucker are scum who coasted into their jobs and now use it to try to push culture and politics leftwards because of this false notion that leftist politics are "smart" even though they don't correlate at all with reality. All they have is emotion and theory and awful memes on their side.
I shudder to think what actual scientists feel when they see BSM talking about borders or gun control like he has any idea what he's on about and I now find myself sympathizing with Pol Pot.
They are utopians of the most dangerous sort and need free helicopter rides for it.

Except I'm not, it's YOU Who's dumb

Started out with an A.A.S. in medical lab technology, then took the ASCP MLT board exam. From there I got a bachelor's in cell and molecular bio, and got a new job working at the MT level, which is basically still medical lab science but more complex/theory heavy testing and instrumentation. Just a couple weeks ago I finally sat for the M ASCP boards (microbiology) which opens the path to lab supervisor sometime down the line. Basically I get paid 65k to nerd out with bacteria all day which is fun as fuck. I had a weird flavomonad similar to pic related today.

The geeks get clowned when the clowns get geeked. Its a vicious cycle. Jocks inferiority in the classroom leads to dick swinging outside in the halls. Which leads to the geek developing a smarter mousetrap to catch a mate. Ecclesiastes 4:4

>I'm already going to frame you to be the person I want you to be to cover the fact I'm a faggot
Like I said, fuck off man. Besides depends on what kind of piece of paper we're talking about now doesn't it? Anything in STEM I concede to you the argument. Virtually any other degree? Get the fuck out

Scientist here. Personally, I and those that I approve of in the community do not look down on you. The reason being because any ACTUAL scientist (not these pop culture icon "scientists" you mentioned) knows that virtually any theory that we accept now, despite all evidence, could easily be proven illegitimate in the next hundred years.

Seriously, look up some old science journals and research papers from a hundred years ago and see how they all talk in depth, high and might, all about whatever theories were widely accepted at the time, then compare it to now and see the difference. Those who truly want to know, must realize that even if they learn, there is always something left to learn. We know so much, yet, in terms of the universe, we understand so little.

Don't let those cucks like bill Nye, Tyson, or Elon Musk set the bar for you, because, at the end of the day, those who are actually devoted to Science will cast them aside for it is clear they care more about their own personal agenda and e-celeb status than they ever will the true ingenuity of the field. Remember, even if I have a Master's and a PHD, there could always be some random kid that just started working McDonald's who has never even been to a college that knows more than I do. Hell, some of the theories that are still accepted to day were not even formed by scientists, but, rather, by monks, school teachers, and relatively unknown mechanics / engineers.

Despite all the shitposts you have created or go on to create, always know that you have the potential to do great things, and that even if you never acquire fame, you can still change everything and do more to benefit society than even someone as "respected" as Stephen Hawking.

>Neil Degassed Tyson
>"""scientist"""
Black Science Man and other TV "scientists" aren't real scientists

Religion hasn't had anything to relevant to say about the nature of the universe in hundreds of years. No one believes that sickness is caused by demons or that natural disasters are caued by God's judgement.

You just don't know. Must suck having to suck literal and metaphorical dick to be useful to society.

I was thinking about it. I dropped out of high-school but my dad is willing to put hundreds of thousands of dollars to get me back into the educational world

>this faggot needs a theory of the universe

a complete farce

Social scientists should go to Africa and breed! Go be a leaven to that race and quit bothering ours.

thefaceberg.com/the-brawn-initiative/

You apply.

Automatically accusing people who criticize a thing as being jealous of it is a narcissistic belief.

Because none of the actual scientists are arrogant and you've only seen the public figures that speak out about science but are not really scientists themselves. They have given you a false impression and you didn't even realize it.

To be an actual scientist is to be as humble as they come since their success is almost always bred by failure. Repeated trials over and over again to meet some end goal and often scientific breakthroughs are accidentally discovered.

So you're mad that people listen to people on the television?

Well your aim needs refinement.

It was specifically the "i know you are but what am i" at the beginning of your post that made it very easy to tell who i was dealing with.

>anything in stem i concede
So people like NDT and bill nye?

wow literally social science = social engineering / control . YOURE the untermensch that turns down knowledge and wisdom to create the overman !

Fuck you sound lucky dude. People wish they had someone willing to throw money at their education.

Those people will never achieve anything.

Yeah but im also not lucky since i have more learning disabilities than there are letters in the alphabet lol. It's super hard and my dad will cut the spending if i cant understand it which i couldn't in highschool. I was in special ed.

Fucking hell dude. You should go for it, get into micro though, chemistry/ua/hemo/etc are boring.

>Tyson always trash-talks anyone without a degree in a science related subject and says they have no right to talk about science.

No he fucking doesn't.

You're a pretentious little dolt spinning hard to try to form a pretense because you start from a feel and work backwards, this is why scientists make you mad.

They think they are the gatekeepers of knowledge itself. They're single-minded and in their paradigm, they are the smartest, so naturally, they behave accordingly.

So, you're an actual tard? I could tell by your monstrous spelling that no one would ever accuse of you being terribly bright, but goddamn, sir.

You failed in everything regarding learning and academics because you're stupid and there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Don't come here whining about how you're smart and everyone else is dumb for listening to people who hold science degrees. It would almost be funny if the truth weren't so sad.

SCIENCE IS A LIE
IS
A
LIE

That's a good point actually. Adversity is a huge motivator for success. Funny how that works.

You're not thinking of the many hermit scientists out there. A lot of them are humble autists that get along well with their tight inner circle. My ex girlfriend's dad is an Eastern Euro scientist guy. Designed medicine for a company. He was so cool. Talked with intelligence, but no condescension. You rarely see the faces of these scientists, but we still benefit from their work. They want it done and don't care for the credit.

You're thinking of the pop culture scientists who have an ego that craves attention and public displays of condescension. Like deGrasse or Nye. I think deGrasse is on the spectrum, desu, but he learned how to be social in uni, and then the attention inflamed his ego. I don't think he's fully aware of himself in a non-autist way, and he's actually intelligent. I hate him, but give him a slight pass because he gets so awkward sometimes without realizing it, like a sperg would. Nye, on the other hand, is a full blown normie opportunist who isn't actually intelligent, or even a hard scientist. He was mostly concerned about being on TV and getting recognized as a "scientist".

The death of God left a cultural vacuum, scientists rushed in as the knowledge priests, people want to be told what to do because it comforts them so they make erroneous appeals to pop science while not understanding it. Many scientists know how full of shit and failure their efforts are so they must ride on the exaggerated cultural worship of their trade, yes it's a trade, in order to have any social capital because most are deficient in qualitative and expressive talents except as passionless skill sets. Obviously they play a real important role but not significantly more than other white collar professionals. All are just selling and reselling codes and laws to the anxious, periodically hitting on innovation.