Pokemon Adventures

What does Sup Forums think about the pokemon manga?
Never really hear anyone talk about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

kissmanga.com/Manga/Pokemon-Adventures
jb2448.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Inb4 go to /vp/
Those faggots can't process the idea of a franchise having different continuities with similar elements but only canon to themselves.

It used to be popular some years ago. Popularity of it died out when scanlations slowed down at around the Diamond and Pearl Arc and also partly because the Emerald arc was absolute garbage.

Nope, scalations dropped because it became a nightmare to follow up the manga due to the way it was published.

Yeah if I remembered right there were a lot of skipped chapters when I caught up.

The main game arcs are all good, the side game arcs are all bad aside from Yellow.

They try to have plots as large is scale as the main arcs, but with a fraction of the chapters so the plot flies by way too fast with no real buildup, and often (platinum in particular) a bunch of new characters who get maybe a couple of lines total.

Firered/leafgreen was only good for the Red/Mewtwo vs Giovanni/Deoxys fight

Pic related will never be solved.

Why call Black a white ball?

Because Black (the male trainer) was trapped in the lightstone by sore loser Gethis.

After picking this up from the beginning I stopped bothering about the main series, probably because of the satisfying pacing.

I marathoned all the way up to the Gold and Silver parts and began to lose interest, almost in parallel to my interest to later pokemon stuff as a whole.

Katsura/Blaine was such a fucking badass in that manga.

Quality pretty much dies as soon as Ruby and Sapphire happen.

B/W was great.

D/P is great too.

I remember it being trash in the issues of Jump I got.

Jump?

You should keep reading though ruby saphire is considered to be one of the best in the series.
It is also the greatest lovestory of our time.

>It is also the greatest lovestory of our time.

Well, for one, I don't think it's "the manga".

Second, it's okay. People complain about it, but I like that it tends to focus more on the human characters than the Pokemon.

Ruby was literally best male protag

>It is also the greatest lovestory of our time.

We used to. The irregular updates just killed most discussion.

Ruby is too alpha for his own good.
>that knee positioning

>Zinnia gutpunched and Hyper Beamed by Rayquayquay in the recent chapters

It truly was a sight to behold.

Where can you find Black/White in english? I stopped reading after Heartgold/Soulsilver because there were huge chunks missing from Black/White.

Its complete you can find it in kissmanga under the original series no idea where it starts though.

Lavender is the only group doing this now. I know they went backwards with BW but don't recall if the scanlations are complete. They may have also taken down their links, but you can just search it elsewhere.

No you can't.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Pokemon-Adventures

Thanks for the help.

For the /vp/fags this is too edgy.

Rayquaza a shit

FUG

Is she okay

You tell me.

She is alive, but seriously hurt, she later faints.

Is the Viz published version any good?

Nope, they censor stuff.

They cherry pick chapters too, don't they? So it's not really the whole thing, just a "Best of"

We used to have weekly or monthy threads, before /vp/ was created. Then people got autistic about only talking about it in /vp/, and /vp/ basically hated it since the start so that was also a no-go.

I don't know how /vp/ can exist on this site while basically being normie central. You'd think they'd assimilate like any other board, but any time I go there it seems like cancer.

People REALLY hated her from the game. She basically tried to destroy the world at least twice, would have gotten away with it if not for the MC, yet she's treated as super noble best and strongest character who can talk down to the Champion and knows everything and is always right and good or some shit. She literally destroyed Earth's ability to poof away a giant meteor, because "maybe an alternate universe will be effected by our actions. Only my ancient prophecies can save the day, fuck science". Its not that she kept the possibly of still being able to do it if things got bad enough, she completely ruined it. She was also the one who summoned Primal whoever to destroy the world, as a way of trying to force her god to do something about it, so that he would then save the planet. Except Rayquaza didn't have the power to do anything about it at the time, which is the entire problem, and the world would have been fucked if some random kid didn't save the world instead. If Rayquaza was going to do something about it, he would have, don't try to force his hand here.

I think even Japan hated her somewhat outside of her design.

She could have gotten worse in the manga, maybe she should have considering she doubled down harder and still can't repent and realize her actions were fucked. Instead its just gotta be someone elses fault because she's clearly the good one.

/vp/ is part Sup Forums, part Sup Forums, part shit.
Of course it would become cancer.

They've released everything that isn't currently running. I found the whole series at my library. BW and XY were also released as small booklets which is a bit of a pain when looking online.

>RBG arc, fantastic
>Yellow arc, breddy gud I guess, not a bad close to the RBG atuff
>GS arc, weaker characters but great story
>C arc, enjoyable overall
>RS arc, FUCKING MASTERPIECE
>FRLG arc, okay
>E arc, absolute dog shit
>DP arc, dropped because those two faggots and their faggot jokes
How a manga got so bad so quickly, I'll never know.

DPP was great, it was a return to the feeling of RBG with the way they handled things, and the trio had a lot of compatibility.

Then you had P arc right after it with Platina on her own battling the frontier brains, and getting Pokerus.

W/B arc seems good, W2/B2 arc seems wierd

ORAS arc seems short, too much Emerald and Zennia, but the parts with Ruby and Sapphire are good.

What did you guys think of the first episode?

>trudges through Emerald's shitshow only to drop it on one of the best arcs in the series

>>GS arc, weaker characters but great story
what? Gold is the best
FRLG was also the highest point of the series, but Emerald was still good, for when Emerald wasn't around

Gold is pretty cool, but Silver is only interesting in relation to Blue, and Green and Red far outshine the GS boys. Plus Blue beats the spats off Kris.

But DPP was amazing.

Platinum best ojou-sama.

The red and blue chapters are really good, then it kinda goes down hill.

Yellow was pretty boring imo, but gold was a great mc and the ruby saphire arc was really good.

I've never given a manga adaptation of an anime a chance. The format just seems so limited compared to the source. I feel like the other way makes more sense rather than taking away all the movement and sounds from the original. Am I missing out on anything decent?

Well for one it's not an adaptation of an anime, it's a video game adaptation. And the first season of the Pokemon anime didn't exactly have the best animation either you know.

Yellow is luv

What do you think of the ORAS arc ruining everything R/S did? All the blame falls into Ruby and his obsession with "protect" his love ones.

This isn't based off of any anime. This an original story loosely based off of the games.

Its basically pg 13 pokemon, but it is pretty gud.

People would fucking murder you for the shit you said, Research harder.

Best boy

>All the blame falls into Ruby and his obsession with "protect" his love ones.
It seems like they are going to adress it with saphires confrontation with ruby, but I am okay with it.
He started out beingvreally selfish, but no he swinged right to the other side and is now too self sacrificing.
It seems to me like he feels to atone for his selfishness, but I am probably looking too much into it.

it's basically Pokemon Bizarre Adventures at this point with the battles using ridiculous strategies (Dia's one leaf razor leaf, Blue's Porygon 2 hacking into the battle tower, Platina disrupting Thorton's device with psychic powers) and lots of plot twists from future generations

Its not an adaption of an anime at all. Anime and manga came out roughly the same time, and they've been on two paths ever since the start.

Manga tells the story of the games, and its basically Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, except with Pokmeon.

New protag every arc, figure out the enemies strange power each chapter, and the hero tries to use some wit to figure out the path forward.

post yfw she was a girl all along

Yellow arc best arc

I wish Sup Forumsnonscans would come back.

If only like JJBA they 'broke' each gen off as a series on its own. As many said, early arcs were great but then there's bullshit like Emerald arc which ruined the overall value of the manga.

As a side note, I wish Electric Tale was longer. it was pretty enjoyable too, just too damn short.

It was kind of obvious right after reading R/B. When Red talked to some girl in Viridian City right before fighting Giovanni, and gave her a rat.

As an 8 year old that series was the weirdest shit. The slowpoke part just made no sense to me.

>you will never see poor little White absolutely BLACKED

A horrible feeling.

Did the scans just stop?

Nope, is just that there hasn't been anything new of the BW2 arc in two fucking years.

jb2448.info/
you can try this site friendo

I think it's lost a lot of its charm, also the author is absolute shit at wrapping up arcs. RGB chapter was nice. Yellow chapter had a really disappointing conclusion. GSC chapter was boring and the villain was retarded as all fuck. RS chapter had the most retarded asspull ever. FRLG chapter was disappointing on every front imaginable. Emerald chapter was retarded. I just stopped giving a shit starting at the DPPt chapter.

Putting aside the anime and whatever, personally, I think Pokemon Special as its own thing is kind of mediocre as far as manga are concerned. A lot of characters have stupid motivations and internal reasoning, the melodrama feels tacked on and both of the author's OCs turned out to be gigantic mary sues.

But people lap it up anyway because it's a dark and gritty story with Pokemon in it. Take away the Pokemon and it's pretty lame.

>it's a dark and gritty story
But it wasn't. It was no different from other action shounen manga.

Let me rephrase.

It's dark and gritty compared to the rest of the franchise.

It's only dark and gritty compared to the anime. The games, i.e. a main bulk of the franchise, has the same level of dark and grit. You just don't see it since it's in tiny chibi pixels most of the time.

It doesn't even have blood, unlike Electric Tales.

Honestly, I lap it up because with the sole exception of Emerald, I find it has the most entertaining personalities and world-building in the franchise.

All your criticisms are spot-on though: it's not the most coherent narrative but that's bound to happen when it's serialized so haphazardly.

Its world just has such a sense of life to it, which is what I think a lot of people have always wanted but found lacking in Pokemon.

Pokemon literally get sliced to pieces. There were literal reanimated corpses. People died in the RS chapter. It was reversed, but people were killed. Not even turned into stone, just outright dead.

Anyway, that wasn't my main criticism. I just hate how bad the endings to every chapter is and how stupid and insane every character is.
>"MY LAPRAS DID LEAVING BEHIND THEIR BABY SO I'M GONNA KIDNAP CHILDREN AND FUCK UP THE TIMESTREAM!"
>"MY VERY YOUNG SON FOUGHT OFF A FUCKING BERSERK SALAMANCE AND NOW I'M GONNA BEAT HIM HALF TO DEATH BECAUSE HE'S MAD AT ME FOR TREATING HIM LIKE SHIT."
>"I'M GONNA MURDER EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BECAUSE I'M THE DRAGON EQUIVALENT OF A BATMAN VILLAIN!!"
>"I LOST MY SON SO I'M GONNA START A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION AND RUIN COUNTLESS LIVES INCLUDING THOSE OF CHILDREN BECAUSE I'M SURE MY SON WILL UNDERSTAND!!"
>"HAHA I KILLED MAXIE FUCK YOU!"

I hate every single one of these characters. I liked Giovanni better back when he was just a greedy asshole. But no, the author wants me to feel sorry for him. Fuck you. I'm not feeling sorry for that faggot. He deserved the burns he got.

they stopped after everyone involved moved on to college, right?

rest in peace

Lewd Misty and Jesse/James getting married. Pretty good stuff

More specifically, I hate how the manga keeps trying to force me to sympathize with characters that really don't deserve any sympathy at all. I don't feel sorry for anyone, except maybe Blue who went through some crazy bullshit just because Pryce and Giovanni were a pair of supreme edgelord faggots. Red is just a complete non-character. He's the only protagonist whose family situation is never mentioned. He's so generic now, especially since he lost so many of his old endearing personality traits from back when he was a kid. Green is just a boring, stoic rival. Yellow's a perfect mary sue. Gold is aggravating. Silver's as bad as Green. Crystal is annoying. Ruby was cool at first but then his half-assed attitude started to piss me off. Sapphire never said or did anything worth remembering. I hate literally everything about Emerald. I didn't give a shit about Platinum, Diamond or Pearl.

And yet, none of them are even remotely as bad as the shitty fucking villains. Like I said, I don't sympathize with any of these characters, and it pissed me off how the author was always trying to force me to.

>>"I LOST MY SON SO I'M GONNA START A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION AND RUIN COUNTLESS LIVES INCLUDING THOSE OF CHILDREN BECAUSE I'M SURE MY SON WILL UNDERSTAND!!"

Nah, his plan was to create a huge empire to use that empire's resources to find his missing son. Also he's a total asshole regardless as shown in the way he still wants to take over the world even after he got his son back.

Its not about his son understanding or not, Giovanni is innately a selfish character. He'll create the outcome before he cares whether someone will be upset about the outcome.

You don't take to being a crime-lord quite this easily just because your son suddenly was kidnapped, he always had the potential to be this kind of guy.

Wait what the fuck where are the scans for this series right now. it's on chapter 530 wherever I look.

My point is this: The author is very, very bad at creating sympathetic villains.

Any French anons with the Kurokawa release here? Since an edition based on that is coming out in Italy soon, I want to know if it's good quality. Did they censor stuff like Blue (who I think is called Green in that one) taking her Pokéballs out of her chest? It doesn't really matter to me, but obviously the closer it is to the original, the better.

The "Best Of" were two volumes, Red and Yellow, that were published before they started actually publishing everything.

But yes, they censor things, especially DV stuff like Crystal's mom slapping her or Ruby's dad punching him. The latter was changed into a bolt of lightning startling him or something. They also switch Blue and Green's names, so in the FRLG arc where Red and Green switch starters, the firered/leafgreen thing doesn't make much sense.

And best girl.
I like the rest either but Yellow stands out more, even when being stuck in a boring arc.
Btw I missed Misty. There will never be a gym leader that I would miss as much as I miss her.

Anyone else read that shoujo Pokemon manga? It was called Magical Pokemon Jouney. I loved that.

Holy crap, Pokemon shoujo?
Sign me the fuck up.

What the fuck was up with the ending of Black and White. Black can't be the only protagonist that's basically dead can he

You don't remember when the entire RBY cast died?

Right, because all of the MCs died at the end of FR/LG, right?

Of course he didn't die, it was a lead in for B2/W2.

It is under its own name just look up oras on batoto and you should be able to find it.

This one's called "special ORAS"

let's summarize the villian of pokemon adventure:

Giovanni: I'll become the best pokemon master by having the strongest pokemon in my hand and the world under my control!

Lance: Human creates pollution that harms pokemon so all human must die!

Pryce: I will make an awesome plan just to save my lapras!(P.S. it involes time travel and a legendary pokemon)

Maxie&Archie: we will awaken Kyogre and Groudon, fuck up Hoenn because we are fucking awesome!!

Cyrus: I will control both Dialga and Plakia to have earth under my control because it is fucking awesome!

Charon: Now that my boss is gone, I'm gonna control Giratina and tear the world apart because it is fucking awesome!!

>pierce by that giant dragon tail

might as well show her tear apart since she is already spitting blood. Her organs are probably pasted from that impact....

Which arc involved Red getting completely decimated by the Elite 4 who then proceeded to conquer the world? Yellow?

>Giovanni: I'll become the best pokemon master by having the strongest pokemon in my hand and the world under my control!
"I'll create a criminal empire to use the resources to find my kidnapped son, and while I'm at it I may as well take over the world"
>Lance: Human creates pollution that harms pokemon so all human must die!
Eco-terrorists who want to protect nature over humans.
>Pryce: I will make an awesome plan just to save my lapras!(P.S. it involes time travel and a legendary pokemon)
Twist for the sake of a twist
>Maxie&Archie: we will awaken Kyogre and Groudon, fuck up Hoenn because we are fucking awesome!!
Power hungry
>Cyrus: I will control both Dialga and Plakia to have earth under my control because it is fucking awesome!
Autistic person who wanted to create his own universe since he couldn't understand normal people.
>Charon: Now that my boss is gone, I'm gonna control Giratina and tear the world apart because it is fucking awesome!!
Doesn't even have the villain aura that the others did.

Yellow