ITT: female main antagonists

ITT: female main antagonists.

No antagonist henchwoman #147 (e.g. Lust from FMA) but the main antagonist (of the arc?), like Ragyo/Satsuki from KLK (Satsuki because she was the main antagonist for the 1st half) or Satella from Re:Zero.

Who's your favorite? Who do you hate? Do you like when the main antagonist is a woman?

Kongou from the Arpeggio anime

Nio but they're all girls in the show

Shinji's mom you know it's true

Kaguya from Naruto?

Dante from Fullmetal Alchemist. No one remembers Lyra, the original owner of the body.

Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon?

There really need to be more female antagonists.

Alphard from Canaan.

Satella

Pretty much all of Umineko.

All Endwitches from Witch Craft Works

Higurashi too.

You better mean Yasu.

Name me one female in Umineko that wasn't an evil bitch in some way or form
>Bern - deranged sadistic psycho
>Delta - obsessed sadistic psycho
>"Shannon" - literally ruined everything
>Eva - abusive, insane murderer
>Kyrie - cold, manipulative blackmailer
>Natsuhi - fraud and literal baby killer
>Maria - a serial killer waiting for a chance to be born
>Rosa - the least likely person to win "mother of the year" award in history of fiction
>Beatrice - do I even have to spell it out? Same goes for every other literal female demon in her entourage

The only half-decent ones left are Kumasawa and Jessica. The former is too old, the latter is too whiny and both are irrelevant.

Haman Karn for me.

Isn't Yasu biologically male and ambiguously gendered?

Also available in easy to handle Loli Size.

Oh, I forgot
>Ange - a delusional pushover that turns into a murderer
>Erika - Bern's fanwank, somehow manages to be even worse
>Kyrie's sister - wew lad

I didn't mean the women weren't bitches, I just meant "You better be giving Yasu props."

When the sad sweetness of truly deranged antagonists is teased out until in the end you end up really caring about them.

did you watch the full episode below the description

Oh, sure.

Speaking of Umineko men, they weren't that much better. Overall they were more useless than evil:
>Kinzo - dead, useful only as a plot device
>Klaus - pathetically inept, with a stick up his ass
>Rudolf - actually ok when he's not writhing under Kyrie's heel, has one of the most badass scenes in the novel
>Gohda - not the real culprit, wasted potential
>Hideyoshi - literally who?
>George - all talk and no substance, pathetic
>Genji - maybe the only good-natured character in the novel
>Nanjo - conspirator to fraud and traitor to his profession
>Ronove - evil by default
>Battler - incompetent but otherwise best MC in VN and related japanese media ever

Females make for bad antagonists, women can't reach the apex.

That's kind of the point of Umineko though.
Shades of grey, everyone sympathetic when the lens comes around to their perspective.
It's all meant to culminate in the revelation that even wrongdoing requires a sympathetic eye to properly understand and treat effectively, this being the only way to identify Yasu in the Question arcs.
Not the who or the how, but the why.

I do

I know that. I love Uminko to death. I get the feeling that people hated the ending just because it told them things they didn't want to hear.

People hated the ending because they bought to hard into the mystery despite the fact that Ryukishi wrote thousands of lines begging them not to buy solely into the mystery.
Go figure.

I still wonder if the mystery is solvable with Ch.1-4 information alone. I feel like Ch.5 has way too many essential details and even then I couldn't solve it after Ch.5, I only managed to narrow a list of culprits down significantly - of which I also wasn't sure because I knew that each Chapter was a separate, not necessarily real, iteration and different culprits in different chapters were possible.

If you're not terribly specific with the details, a fair number of people nailed the core elements back in the day.
Even Sup Forums had a few things figured out, even though people got way too caught up with mashing Jessica into the mix for purely superficial reasons.

You're right to wonder though, there's a reason Umineko doesn't have straight Answer arcs like Higurashi.

Oh, I solved or called most of the integral, isolated plot elements correctly like Kinzo being dead and that the culprit was one of the "victims" in 1st twilight of Ch.1, or the unreliable narrator in each chaptor early on but was never able to reconstruct the chain of events. I often found myself unraveling individual elements but almost never - the entire picture. It stressed me out quite a bit. Then again, I never sat down for an hour or two with a piece of paper and tried to reason it out, I was mostly making notes while reading.

I did enjoy it even more as a character story than a detective story desu.

The best there is.
The best there was.
The best there ever will be.

Rosa dindu nuffin

She a good gurl and shiet, worked hard