Think back to your gateway anime series. Are they as good as you remember? Do you still enjoy them?

Think back to your gateway anime series. Are they as good as you remember? Do you still enjoy them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oMqYT4GZqgQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, I just re-watched FLCL and liked it almost as much as I did when I was 13, so probably.

>Yu yu hakusho
Yea

Death Note, and yes, the first half at least. To this day it's still one of the most entertaining things I've seen.

>Fullmetal Alchemist

Yeah it's pretty good. I'm actually rewatching it right now, enjoying it so far.

>Haganai
Ah...

Yakitate Japan is still fucking great, yes.
I suspect it always will be.

I still unironically enjoy Naruto to bits. I'm not the fangirl I was at age twelve but I've gotten back into it. I stopped paying attention to it not soon after Shippuden on XD but got back into it during the war.

Non-shippuden Naruto art direction is pretty cool. So is the music and arc plots. It's actually a pretty good shonen.

inuyasha

not as good as i remember but its still ok

Samurai Pizza Cats.

Fuck yeah.

>Vandread

Seems better then ever.

Cowboy Bebop and Scryed
Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=oMqYT4GZqgQ

SHUWAA

Zabuza arc is still worth its weight in gold.
Chuunin exams were great too.

You have great taste my friends.

>eva
i liked because it was too dark and hard to understand since i was too young
i still love it because its GOAT

>Gurren Lagann
I watched the movies recently and they were as much fun as I remember the series being, so maybe?

>Fairy tail
utter trash, the first OP is decent though.

Naruto and Lucky Star are two of the earliest anime I actually watched. I saw videos for a lot of other anime but I never actually watched them at the time.

I like both, but I admit Lucky Star is SUCH a period piece. It used to be funny because of all the anime jokes, now it's more nostalgia inducing than anything. It's like "Remember how anime used to be back then?"

Gundam Wing is not as good as it was when i was 12 years old. It is kind of shitty, but I like it.

>DBZ
>Are they as good as you remember?
Nah, not really.
>Do you still enjoy them?
While I dont like Super I had fun rewatching the Cell Saga. So yes?

>Ghost Sweeper Mikami
>Are they as good as you remember?
I didn't remember the aniation being so shity.
>Do you still enjoy them?
Now that I can understand the sexual jokes, it became better.

>Sailor Moon
no
>DBZ
no
>Gundam Wing
fuck no
>G Gundam
yes but for different reasons
>Cowboy Bebop
even better and I appreciate it more each time I watch it. Spike episodes are significantly worse than I remember though

Dragon ball is great, but super sucks...

I haven't watched Cardcaptor Sakura since it first aired on TV. Recorded the series on VHS tapes and since lost them. Must try watching it again.

They're still good. I watch them and see how good and well written they were for their time.

>SM
>not good

I finally got into it after ten years of procrastinating and it certainly deserves its status among magical girl anime.

Re watching now. Gets really boring when the Second arc starts. Not sure if i can plow through 20 more episodes to reach number 70.

The first movie is good.

Most of them were horrible ___BL__ manga with nonsensical plots and awful art, but pic related is still my guilty pleasure.

Outlaw Star has excellent backgrounds (the leyline is still one of my favorite scifi settings artwise), a bitchin OST, fun characters, and the caster is one of the coolest weapons in fiction. Everything else is mediocre to ass. I don't know why half the major characters have the same hair.

Ron MacDougall a best bro. Glad he lived in a way.

>danganronpa

at least it got me to play the game

Rayearth was pretty great. Still sing along to the theme songs.

>Sailormoon

cheesy as fuck and the story blows, love it more than ever

>Yu yu hakusho
shit gets better and better with every watch

>Tenchi Muyo
did not age well at all

>DBZ
don't care enough to revisit it