What are the proofs that the bible is the inspired word of the creator of the universe?

What are the proofs that the bible is the inspired word of the creator of the universe?

Or is the belief that the bible is the word of God purely based on faith?

>pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rYnjDCZUV6A
youtube.com/watch?v=F2qh18GoEGI
youtube.com/watch?v=33DC4UatExo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are the proofs that the bible is the inspired word of the creator of the universe?
Your picture is.

youtu.be/rYnjDCZUV6A

Cheers

I agree
God loves ass

flat earth

Prophecy is the proof. Different authors from different time periods all over the world have said the same thing in their own way, each of them being proven correct with the birth of Jesus.

youtube.com/watch?v=F2qh18GoEGI

>OP
This

Faith is fair, I guess. I would say it is more through experience. It's one thing to read the bible, It is another to use it as a source for wisdom. That's easier than ever in the internet age; you can just ask the internet to help the bible solve your problems.

give it a shot. If you seek god, you may even find him on an Egyptian numerology forum:
>557
Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Why no one ever talk about the shroud of turin which atheists tried and failed to debunk?

>Christfaggotry
Fucking Jews and their good Goyim manual, I swear.

No. Blind faith is supposed to be your proof, isn't that great user?

>Thoughts and prayers!

'proofs' in religion are retardation

read Bishop Shelby Spong "Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism", the Bible has become an idol and fundamentalists are idolators

focus on Job Ecclesiastes Acts and John

the rest can be skipped without much loss

whats the most redpilled version of the bible to read?

you will never be satisfied of the bible's authenticity until you study it yourself

I recommend reading any book by E Raymond Capt, they are short and easy to understand. He is an biblical scholar and archaeologist

youtube.com/watch?v=33DC4UatExo

>what is the most [shitty movie reference] version of the [book of lies]?

Ive made side by side comparisons of bibles, using old (more accurate) concordances, and any time I found a discrepancy between the KJV and other versions, the KJV was accurate

non-KJV versions using paraphrase (rewording) which means part of the meaning is lost

Is this a bait post? There are multiple things wrong with this picture.

>bible describes modern jews as a synonogogue of Satan
>"turn the other cheek" doesn't actually mean be a passive faget, but to actually retaliate in a smart way that won't make you look like a fool
>Rome fell because of degeneracy, not because they followed the tenets of the bible

Also, was the bible even publicly available for people to read yet at that point? Pretty sure that didn't even come til the middle ages.

I don't even know why I bothered to type all of this

odin drank man semen for breakfast

fuck off kike

BRAAAAAAAPP

Can someone explain this to me?

It seems so retardedly hypocritical to rant and rave against Jews, yet also be a proud believer of a newer iteration / branch of Judaism (Christianity / Catholicism / Islam )

The ERV (easy read version) is a good starting point, but be sure to have the KJV handy for comparison that way you can fully understand the meaning. The ERV lets you learn the ropes, the KJV is when you want to git gud

thanks user

Spotted the shitskin

I think we need more unrelated pic to warm up this question

it is effortless to document that judaism is the diametric opposite of christianity, and that the genetic group who created and maintained talmudism (rechabite/kenite/khazar) have no genetic link to the group of people who adopted christianity instantly in europe (caucasian druids, descendants of Israel's levitical priesthood)

if you hate jews for simply being jews and not because theyre parasites then there is something wrong with you. not even hitler did this

Fpbp

There is a lot of hype around the King James Version, which I find beautiful. Some Bible versions have SERIOUS problems and so far the KJV has been great for me.

New living translation is honestly worth a look for people who find the language in King James too ye olde

if you believe in god you would also believe that throughout time god has ensured that his message be spread accurately. the entirety of the bible is important but the gospels are the saving grace. Read the gospels and be filled with the spirit.

>557
>Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Holy shit. OP if that's not compelling evidence right there then you can fuck right off.

Grab e-Sword, it's a free KJV bible app that gives both Greek and Hebrew definitions of each word. You have to remember that it was translated many times and a lot of confusion and misunderstanding comes from poor or improper translation.

Ah, "Satan's Bible for dummies"

>2 Jesus said, “This is how you should pray: “Father, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon.
>3 Give us each day the food we need,
>4 and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation. ”

No thanks.

That's that sorted then. Thanks. He's studied a story so it must be true, you're a wizard, Harry

be cautious of newer works, especially electronic versions

the jew adapts quickly, and like satan, they hide their lie in tiny places

its only necessary to obscure a single meaning, and you can get completely off track

BRAAAAAAAAPPPPPP oh yes, dear *sniff*sniff* BRAAAAAAAPPPTTHHH *sniff* I do believe I detect a hint of onion in your diet

Ok

Untrue.. i can see God in that ass

the opposite, refusing to study and thus assuming the story is false, has the same truth value

except for the part about not knowing anything about the subject

On this note, NIV actually has multiple versions and some of them are moderately satanic, like the NLT here:

What's satanic about this?

BRAAAAAAAAAP

If we burned all science books and all bibles tomorrow only one would end up being written in the same way in the future.
Anyone hungry? I've got bread and fish. Plenty to go around.

..apparently.

That's why I look at the etymology and ignore the latest release of whatever Christian book store Bible there is.

There's no agenda here besides the truth. The program is free and it does take a bit of autism to actually sit through it and read as it's more like a dictionary.

>its only necessary to obscure a single meaning, and you can get completely off track

Why do you think there are an endless amount of versions being pumped out?

paraphrase is when you reword something to improve it's readability or make it more comprehensible in a new language

the danger of paraphrase in this case is that it assumes the text only has a single meaning, or a single layer of meaning. Any subtext is lost when you create a new version that anyone can read. Imagine if Shakespeare had a grade school rewrite.

As for Satanic? It's a bit of a stretch, but evil always takes advantage of ambiguity, so in that sense changing God's words is evil

Oh, I thought the simplification had changed the wording to something that when applied to the OG context changed the meaning of the passage entirely and I just wasn't seeing it.

Multiple translations at the same time and a bible study group with someone that studied the original texts.

Missing a few key phrases, and this pattern repeats throughout such texts. Here is an appropriate version:

>Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
>Give us day by day our daily bread.
>And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

>4334
Is there something you would like to talk about, user?

I worship God not the Bible.

So after-the-fact fortune telling is the basis for your faith?

>What are the proofs that the bible is the inspired word of the creator of the universe?
/thread

>Is there something you would like to talk about, user?
Idk, why do you ask?

psalm 22 is the introductory spot for 'prophecies fulfilled'

it describes Jesus' crucifixion in detail and even ends with the suffer saying 'it is finished' or 'that's all' or 'amen' depending on translation, exactly as Jesus did.

It would be hard to coordinate that so perfectly a thousand years after the psalm had been written, with the roman empire not even existing yet

Jesus talks about the word of god in the Bible. So isn't it more accurate to say the word of God is the Logos/Holy Ghost which is revealed through the Bible but not the Bible itself?

The word 'God' has different meaning for different people.

Nice spin there nazi larper, try coming up with a real argument and I might actually refute it.

Yes mate.

>Listening to what celebrities have to say about Christianity.

Maybe you have more troubling you than the average person, just a hunch. Something missing you recently had.

It’s not hard for people to go lookup the Hebrew if they want original direct translation of something. I like the NLT and I don’t think th King James is even close to a perfect translation itself.

Yeah, two grandmothers and a job. I'm working it out though. With a bit of luck I'll be on a better path within the year and death is part of life and such. Thanks for the concern though.

I'm here because of a picture of a nice ass. Or as Jesus would say John chapter 69 verse fiiiiiine

The Bible is not the "word of God". It isn't even necessarily "inspired". It is just a collection of accounts of events that involved God or divine inspiration. Saying that the Bible is "proof of God" is like saying that Thucydides is "proof of the Peloponnesian War". He isn't. His account may well include mistakes or exaggerations. Thucydides is still an important source on the topic of the Peloponnesian War.

You mean things that are written down can be false

no way!!! Shocking

B

Can a homie get a reply to this argument? Would be good to hear what you guys think

>167
Would you be surprised if I told you God told me and wanted me to help?
>Psalm 16:7 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
>4833
>Jeremiah 48:33 And joy and gladness is taken from the plentiful field, and from the land of Moab; and I have caused wine to fail from the winepresses: none shall tread with shouting; their shouting shall be no shouting.
>4334
>Genesis 43:34 And he took and sent messes unto them from before him: but Benjamin's mess was five times so much as any of their's. And they drank, and were merry with him.

Do you want help, user?

Let's hear it

'Mistakes or exaggerations'

you didn't get a reply because it wasn't a specific statement

its implicit that the original texts exist somewhere, there's no reason their content would change over time

and if God exists, and willing (as he has said) to allow people to be ignorant, that doesn't change his own power, existence, and plan

Quads confirm

None
Faith

The bible is not suppose to be proof of God. The bible is a collection of stories about God and his prophets. The new testament discusses the word of god coming to earth in the form of Jesus Christ and preaching to people how to follow God and be saved from death and eternal damnation.

Well, getting saved won't help your current problems directly, but could provide some comfort, especially with the recent passing of loved ones. But I meant something more casual and maybe venting for you, would you like to talk about anything that just kinda gets stuck rolling around in your mind? Loose ends or frayed knots?

BRraaappppfffflllllssssshhhhhhh (she sqeaks in horror at the abomination that begins to unfold) sqeeeeeeelcch "Oh no! That one was wet!" Greeellllllffffffphhhmmmmmf "Oh my god! I think there were chunks in that one" CLLLFFFFFFPPPPPPPTSSSSSSS-SSSSSS "I'm never eating liverworst stew a-again!" CLEEERRRFFFPppppTTTTTT "Oh no! My y-yoga pants! They are ruined!" CLEEEERRRFTTTTThhhhTHTHTH

Cool, I'll be ignorant. It was pretty specific, because it was implied that it's a story not fact. Fact repeats itself. A story doesn't. It's like people believing Harry Potter actually existed. I'm open to being convinced about anything, I'm just more of a believer in being a decent human being rather than putting myself above everyone else through quoting a book.

Everything
Even you

Then why are you here? Go away and preach your "fact" to people who care.

Wow. You're awesome. Wish I was that smart.
I'm going to bed now. Bye! Don't drop your ice cream

>921
>Romans 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Seemed awfully appropriate, sorry.

The pic reeled me in. I'm not preaching, I'm looking for a reasonable argument to prove me wrong. Still looking..

Come back to me in about a month. I'm up in the air about my future because I'm joining the Army but have a small hurdle to get over for that to work. I'm confident I can make it work, but it fucked me before when I was 21 and trying to enlist. So we'll see. If that goes through then I have a path planned out to do that and use the GI Bill and benefits to make up for me being a fuck up post high school - now and possibly make something of myself before it's too late.

I got fired from a pretty crappy security job for bullshit office drama reasons but I'm pretty much at peace with that since that job was literally slowly killing me between cars hitting us constantly (7 accidents in 4 years, none of them were my fault), engine exhaust leaking into the A/C system and being vented directly into the cab, broken A/C during peak summer months and temps above 110F inside the cab.

I'm just taking this opportunity to hit the gym, get some projects like a new deck done around the house. Shit like that.

My mother had me talk to a medium that said she could talk to my dead grandma, but I really don't believe it. I don't know why my mother believes it either. It's also something I don't want to mess with. I'll see her soon enough as is.

Thanks again, it's nice to get past the shitposting and talk to someone like they're a human around here occasionally.

Thanks. “There are all kinds of courage,” said Dumbledore, smiling. “ It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” - J.K Rowling

>Christian
>Numerological Chaos Ritual
pick one

>What are the proofs
its words. Try reading the bible truly willing to believe it actually is the word of God. If you can do that, you will see for yourself.
>habitually confusing whining with argumentation
Ricky pls go

Good riddance to that job, glad to see you are already rolling forward with your next plans. The military can get you quite a leg up in the world if you are lucky, of course there unlucky ones as well so don't make the decision lightly.

Humans have a need for closure, something atheism rather lacks. I take it since you went to a medium you don't have a very religious family? I'm sure it helped your mother, anyways; humans are like that. Not all that is evil hurts us, and not all that hurts us is evil.

It would be quite fun if I did find you in a month, but I'm not sure that is likely. Would you like some tips on how to get saved while we are here?

And deep down, we're all human user; especially the shitposting.

Sounds like u failed a drugs test

Indeed. I think you would almost need to be a Muslim to not be able to understand this.

The "difficult" bit is that the presence of errors or ambiguities does not necessarily invalidate the entire work. This seems to be difficult to grasp for Dawkings-flavoured atheists.

The lord works in mysterious ways, user:
He even shitposts:

No, not religious at all. Dad was agnostic at best, but read the New Testament to me every night he had custody of me (parents divorced when I was 2). Mom has always been into the pseudo spiritual stuff my whole life, no one else in the family is religious. It did help her, and she keeps going back because she thinks she's talking to her mom. It's just sad to me.

>Would you like some tips on how to get saved while we are here?
Let's here it. I've been thinking more and more about it for the last couple years. Every church I look at though is some new wave "accept your white privilege". It doesn't help I'm in Washington.

Nope, even lamer. I fainted when they took my blood because my over protective mother instilled a deathly fear of needles and blood into me at a very young age that I've spent my entire adult life trying to break.

I mean think about it, a man showed up claiming to be the messiah and divinely anointed to bring the "Kingdom of God" to Earth, and look how much success he had. It's hard to imagine someone can be so influential without divine inspiration.

In fact, Jesus came before 98% of people ever existed, after the development of the system of Roman roads and the Greek language prevalent throughout the area, such that records of Him could be as accurate as they are. The fact that Christianity is the largest, most successful movement in history should be a testament to the timing. Insignificant errors found in the bible really only attest to its historicity as a collection of historical documents rather than some fabricated scheme.

The New International Version is really great. You can tell great care was taken in the translation.

But he fed like 5000 with bread and shit?

This seems to be the gist of it, yes.
Although "eternal damnation" is debatable,
1. it translates "aiona krisis", which could more accurately be rendered "long-lasting sentence"
2. the phrase is not synoptic, afaics used only by Mark
3. it is qualified by "is in danger of", i.e. it's not an automatism
This has been discussed to death over the centuries of course. I am just saying I wouldn't make it part of your otherwise good single-line summary of Christianity.

>But he fed like 5000 with bread and shit?
Probably not, but that doesn't mean anything. Jesus' miracles and his resurrection were probably added to his life story later.