Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

The most loyal onii-chan.

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58418922
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like the Yugioh Hexth guy finished drawing up the Domino Summon concept

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58418922

What the fuck.

I almost admire that thorough dedication, though.

The most affectionate imouto.

Seems super complicated.

This is YGO we're talking about.

The same game that has Pendulums.

This seems cheap, as it diminishes the value of "pure" Synchro and Xyz monsters while also allowing effectively double the options from the Extra Deck. Domino Summons seems way too much trouble to even bother and flat-out rejects archetypes that use asymmetrical Tuners and non-Tuners, like the perennial Blue-Eyes. In other words, we'd be back to a lot of older cards being worthless in favor of the new stuff just after there was an equalizer. Pendulum is certainly the most useful as a base, but the other types of Special Summon were otherwise equal, albeit a bit weaker with Xyz simply because you can mix it in with the other types, but not the other way around.
So it's basically pointless.

Ruri~

Double the options? Isn't it just a decision tree like choosing which Castel effect to use? It's not like the black and white halves are independent of each other, you gotta take one with the other if you run that card.

RUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think the idea was this.
Let's say you special summon Gogogo Giant from the grave using Masked Chameleon. You could use the two level 4s as Xyz material for Number 39: Utopia, or you could tune them together for Stardust dragon. Which one would you prefer? Battle negation or protection from destruction? Why not both!

No, the effect the monster has is based on how it's summoned. In other words, you get double the possible effects. Domino Summons themselves will be either literally impossible or not that hard with the way the game is currently played, and that gives them both effects at the same time.

Asymmetrical tuners and non tuners wouldn't be able to Domino Summon the monster but they could still Synchro or Xyz summon it regularly. Domino Summoning just grants the monster both effects. I agree with you though

It doubles the options in the sense that since a domino monster could be summoned as an Xyz monster or as a Synchro monster, one Domino monster is equivalent to two Extra Deck monsters while still only taking up one spot. Plus if you DO Domino Summon it, it gets to use both effects.

One thing thought, we can only have even levels and ranks under 6 with this.
R1=L2
R2=L4
R3=L6
R4=L8
R5=L10
R6=L12

I'd say that's "power creep", but YGO isn't exactly a stranger to that anyway.

I think to keep the mechanic balanced, a Domino at "full power" would have to still only be as powerful as a plain Synchro or Xyz, and the effects being split up means you have more ways to summon it, but it's weaker on average unless you summon it "properly".

Exactly. You get both in one card, rendering the individual cards useless. If their own effects are worth anything, they'll easily outclass both Xyz and Synchro because they have more summon options and more effect options. Assuming the ATK/DEF is standard, having 15 Domino Monsters gives you 15 Synchro-effects and 15 Xyz-effects.

Not if it has more than two materials. Look at the diagram, it literally shows a scenario where 3 + 3 + 3 = 9.

The plot is avatar, prove me wrong

Screw dominoes, when do I get my Underworld Resonance? My D/D/D would love playing with this.

So, the 4 dimensions are based off of the real world 4 dimensions right? So Standard is Main Deck and represents the Time Dimension while the 3 Extra Deck Summoning Methods (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz) represent the 3 Spatial Dimensions? If so, then Pendulum makes sense, it's the intertwining of the Main Deck and Extra Deck just like how Time and Space are intertwined with each other.

Reiji is less of a rival than Zuko ;_;

You can also have R1 = L3, R1 = L5, and R3 = L9

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Yugioh Hexth? Nani?

Not sure but I would guess that it's just a random name for the 6th series since the whole thing is "What if this was the new summoning method for the next series". Hex = 6 so Hexth just means 6th.

Is that the destiny hero guy from season GX?

Pure sex.

Close. It's THAT guy's name for the 6th series. Looking at his Pixiv account, he drew up a whole concept sheet for it.

Spoilered because it's massive.

Holy FUCK no get the FUCK out of here Sup Forums why is one of them a nigger WHY DOES Sup Forums ALWAYS HAVE FUCKING NIGGERS?!

Who the fuck is 'that guy'

The protag plays a 'take control'/steal deck.

So you're telling me a 14 year old knocked out a 17 year old with one hit?

The guy who owns the Pixiv account the first image was from... ?

Yuto is a strong, independent shounen

Yuto eats a lot of Duel Fuel, m8.

Then why emphasize the 'that' like people should know his infamy

What does Sup Forums have to do with anything?

It was a gut punch and Shun didn't even see it coming since his mind was full of Ruri at the time.

and threw him over his shoulder

Are you 12?

I... does it matter? Some guy asked "What's Hexth?" and another person responded "A name for Yugioh 6?" When I said "THAT guy's name for Yugioh 6" I just mean "the guy behind the Domino concept we were talking about in the first place".

Sorry, I didn't expect anyone to read too much into it.

>sora is 13
so he's legal.

>MC doesn't have "Yu" kanji
>ARC-V and first 3 series taking place not only in the same universe, but less than 100 years apart

Are you seriously trying to push your shitty fanfiction?

At least learn how to draw first you fucking faggot

Probably some Sup Forumsirgin bleeding in from /dng/.

New Arc-V is a mix of Synchro Arc-V and golden era Arc-V

for every "It's a Rin rapes Yugo with no lube" episode we must suffer through a pirate episode

Source? Who is this?

You didn't get my joke, did ya, smarty pants?

Why the fuck are you quoting me instead of the actual fanfic posts? Don't reply to me or my son ever again

Whatever. As long as sometime soon Crow gets his shit wrecked and Yuri gets some goddamn screentime.

>Yuri
>get screen time
He got cucked out of pushing Yugo's shit in by Rin

...RIN!

Rin is more of a plot device/object than a person at this point.

TFW u got kidnapped cause u BM'd instead of attacking directly

I don't think those two were even the same poster, much less the artist behind it...

I'm glad we got the movie, not only because it looks stellar in its own right, but because we got DM support without DM characters showing up in ARC-V. Still, I'll be surprised if we get NOTHING. I forgot about the separate continuities deal, but I still would prefer more exposure for the manga and DM characters would stand in the way of that.

Rin's bloody awesome mate, brain bugs and all

>DM characters
>not showing up
user, I...

Relative to the garbage that is the rest of Academia, she definitely outclasses them.

But a brainwashed antagonist who probably won't get more than 2 duels, 3 max, doesn't carry an entire organization. I can't believe Academia has to outsource their help

I agree, but where is Yuri in all this? Duel disk glitch out and transfer him over to Cardfight?

Even in children's card games, you have to outsource work.

Fuck, why is Duel Monsters so long? I've been watching since the first, trying to binge as much as I can while I still have no responsibilities, and I still have 89 episodes to go. Looking at the others, I'd be in the final stretch and could endure it, but I just want them to hurry and focus on the Battle City finals instead of Jonouchi and Kaiba. The Obelisk/Isiris battle was the best part of the show so far, though that isn't saying much, especially since it went downhill after that.

Ah, didn't mean to reply. Embarrassing.

>I can't believe Academia has to outsource their help
Leo's smart, it's cheaper this way than creating your own soldiers

Well there's certainly a clusterfuck of ideas there. Some better than others. It is interesting to see the concept sheet and it makes me want to get back to work on some of my side projects.

>Edo saving Yugo
>Jack saving Yuya and Gongenzaka
It would have been cool if Jack saved Yugo, Jack + Yugo vs Rin

What if yuya and yuzu don't duel but instead tag team as brainwashed yuzu and hitotsu nii?

What, you actually read through it?

... anything interesting in there?

Well there's two more brainwashed girls from where that came from, three if you count Yuzu. Plus Yuri and Leo after them. And minor ones like Barret and the mustache guy next episode who is confirmed to stay for a while.
It's decent for a 30 episodes arc, though it really is hilarious most competent Academia duelists are not actually from academia.

It's pretty cliche for a Yugioh series to have the main character duel their
brainwashed/manipulated waifu.

>Rin is a competent duelist
>uses a monster that substitutes for poly/material
Poly is really fucking trash

D E C O Y

SHOW ME PICTURES OF r63

Yeah I read the whole thing.

As far as the game mechanics go, you have the Domino Monsters which we already were discussing. Then you have Evo Monsters, which are basically Extra Deck Ritual Monsters. In order to summon one you need to use a Evo Spell Card (new spell type) which function somewhat like Rank Up Magics and give benefits to the monster summoned. Also Evo Monsters are colored red. Finally, you have Hex Cards, dark grey cards which are played sideways in the S/T Zone (now called Back Zones), once activated they permanently take up the zone and cannot be gotten rid of by any means, and give benefits and drawbacks to the person using them. They're basically Dark Chips/Seal of Orichalcos.

As far as stupid ideas, if you lose a duel against someone who was using a corrupted Hex Card, the losers duel disk will explode in a "miniature Zero Reverse" that could take out an entire city block, the Duel Cops have a function in their duel disk called a Duel Rescue which lets them take over for a civilian with the same life points that the person they're rescuing had but with a fresh hand and their own deck. The example given has Cop MC take over for a lady when she had 300 Life Points left. He loses and gets his duel disk blown up.

>second paragraph

Huh, you think that's stupid? I actually think it sounds kinda interesting, minus some weird terminology.

I guess it would be more accurate to say that it's incredibly silly even for SHADOW REALM standards. Especially the "miniature Zero Reverse" bit. The dumb thing with Duel Rescue is that it is a WORSE Intrusion Penalty. Since the intrusion penalty only burns you for 2000 and the other person is still in the duel, this puts you at whatever LP they were at while removing them from the duel at the same time. It's an interesting idea and makes sense as far as "if you lost you would have fucking exploded, you should leave and let the Duel Cops handle it" but the execution somehow manages to be more detrimental than it should be.

Academia isn't even the big bad at this point. The intro and information from the last episode makes it sound like, Revival Zero is most likely the final villain.

What if they can take over at any point in either player's turn, even if an attack is about to hit? Does the Intrusion Penalty already allow that or not?

I believe so, isn't that how Kaito saved Yuya and Shun from the Jobelisks?

Ah, good point. I dunno... maybe it makes the stakes more real than the Intrusion Penalty? 'Cuz the latter you always have 2000 no matter what state the person you're protecting was in, I guess this makes it imperative to get to them quickly?

... Yeah, maybe it would be better if it worked on a flat 2000. I still think that "hurry up and get out of here" angle is smart, though. Probably how it would play out in real life.

I thought this was fairly obvious since they started with the "darkness inside Yuya" thing, and flat out confirmed after the hitotsu ni incident.

It will still be something caused by Leo and probably related to his goals though so it's still Academia's fault.

Because of filler, mostly.

I think hitotsuni is going to be the supreme king reference. In fact Yuya's first ever hitotsuni monster aka Odd-Eyes Rebellion has supreme king in its name.

I wonder who's going to sacrifice themselves with a draw to break Yuya free?

yuzu

Reiji

[spoler]sawatari[\speler]

I was expecting Sawatari to DEFEAT Hitotsu-Ni, but he would do it when no one is watching and everyone would just assume that Yuya defeated Leo and give him the credit while a frustrated Sawatari tries to get everyone to believe he was the real hero.

WOW

Attaching a plane and a submarine together.
What can go wrong.

>who is austin o'brien

??

RURI?!

You'd need 2 people one to loose and one to draw.

You'll be luck if you're alive to say that after her "VengefulVultures" eat your life points away, birdie boy.

This would be fucking great.

>Sawatari is pushed to the limit as an entertainer and a duelist and stops a multidimensional god king

>No one is there to see it and he remains a joke in the eyes of everyone else til the very end

It's for F.M.G. news. In 3 days we'll be looking at a forecast of Raging Tempest spoilers and 4 days later a sudden downpour of manga spoilers. Experts say that in addition to the R.T.S's other strays will be inbound. This is it from the F.M.G. news. Until next month and get your hands out of your pants.

Sawatari would have to be an important character for him to pull that off.

How long does it take to animate a good episode like 111?

Not really. It's his irrelevance that would make it work better.

What gonna on I stop at episode 40.

>stopping when the show was getting good

Eh, it makes some sense. I sometimes just stop watching shows at those points so I can watch it all later in one go.