Why is Sup Forums opposed to this

Why would I want the satanists who run the Feds to have more money?

Because there is no right that the government has to take away 80% of somebody's money, nor is there a need for the government to require taking away 80% of someone's money. It encourages bloated government and entitlement culture.

The government can and should do less with less.

Because all that did was hurt Americans who created businesses and employed people. Do you think people at the tip top of society give a shit about taxes? They send all of their money offshore so it cannot get taxed whatsoever. All this did was take away power from rich, nationalist Americans and put it in the hands of corrupt globalists

First of all no one actually paid an effective rate anywhere close to 80%, second of all, adjusted for inflation, applying the equivalent tax brackets today would result in a MASSIVE decline in revenue and an explosion of deficit spending. Most upper income filers would pay significantly less in tax if you applied 1960s brackets, adjusted for inflation.

I'm not but believe it should be implemented in a moral fashion by fair use of land value instead of income or holdings

Also, the more money a government collects, the more it decides to spend on war. The US govt had high taxes after WW2 because it saw the growing war with the soviets. The US govt eventually had to completely get rid of the gold standard and go to fractional Reserve fairy Banking in order to fund itself. Now, the govt has no need to raise taxes as they just print money whenever the fuck they want.

>Most upper income filers would pay significantly less in tax if you applied 1960s brackets, adjusted for inflation.

how would they do if we just lined them up in the street and shot them once in the head?

I dont know, why do you think Sup Forums is a hivemind?

Well, our economy would go to shit, that's for sure.

"You showed intuitiveness and hardwork that led you to accumulate 1 billion dollars. I'm upset I didn't do that myself so you don't get to keep that money.

>The US govt had high taxes after WW2 because it saw the growing war with the soviets
No it was because Eisenhower failed to get rid of the new deal

it works fine when the niggers are kept under control. a strong welfare state with racially homogeneous, civilized society is a brilliant concept.

>it works fine when the niggers are kept under control
No it doesnt
It is what killed western birthrates

Implying that we all share the exact same opinions.
>flag
Wait, no, your statement makes more sense now.

Sup Forums is so full of cucks. They would literally live in squalor outside the gates of a 2 billion dollar mansion that was built for 1 person because "they deserve it".

>inb4 "commie"

Better a commie than a cuck.

Absolutely Sad!

yeah but no-one fucking paid that. there were so many loopholes and deductions that this number pretty much is completely meaningless.

I can take care of myself

>rather take what others have instead of attempting to earn it yourself
You're not a commie, you're just a pathetic human being that feels as if the world isn't fair because it doesn't accommodate for your laziness/ short-comings and would rather blame it on those that are successful.
Grow up.

All tax is theft. Barely 2% of us pay anything at all.

>t. Mr. I'm angry because I'm poor

>Better a commie than a cuck.

You are both.

enjoy your debt and deteriorating infrastructure

I wonder when companies started figuring out how to hide their assets off-shore.

This isn’t the 60s, money moves much more faster today.

>implying implications
There is not a single person on earth who got hold of a billion dollars through "hard work" or any other honest means. Wealth of that magnitude can only be achieved by exploiting the hard work of others, or jewish financial trickery which amounts to the same thing.

I wouldn't care if I had a billion dollars and gave hundreds of millions away in taxes. I'd still be a millionaire.

t. Mises

>faggot doesn't understand entitlement spending as a percentage versus every other category
Enjoy your debt, supporting lazy pieces of shit, and deteriorating infrastructure.

Our government is so corrupted that all that money would end in the hands of something worse than the rich.

Probably fuel a huge refugee invasion into the united states.

>muh living in squalor

How does raising taxes improve living standards for anyone?

You're on Sup Forums, but many of you still have residual shitlib indoctrination that must be shaken off.

Cool. Keep sucking the dicks of the oligarch ruling class who continue to acquire more and more resources, and use those resources to ensure they are able to acquire and retain more resources. I bet the dick of a guy who has enough money for 10 lifetimes tastes great. Why don't you all just gender transition and move to Russia to get a head start?

Raising taxes will improve a white society.

I agree, that as long as niggers are in the u.s., raising taxes won't work. Get the niggers out and reinvest in the country.

Many of the NatSoc types actually completely agree with this shit.
The problem is that if you raise taxes that high people and corporations will stop focusing on earning money and focus more on avoiding taxes. Corporations start doing stupid shit like spending as much money as possible - since if you spend money you're not taxed on it so if the taxes on profits are 80% you effectively have 5x as much money. Since corporations stop focusing on making money they start becoming less efficient than foreign competitors that are still focused on making money. The result is clear. In the 50s you wouldn't dream of buying something made in (West) Germany or Japan over something made in the US while now goods manufactured in the US are dog shit compared to German or Japanese products.

Yes god forbid companies spend more money to make quality products and pay a decent wage to their employees.

America got fucked when Walmart took over and changed the model to selling the cheapest shit for the cheapest price while paying the cheapest wage and keeping all the products up top.

Money, industries and assets are MUCH easier to move now.

How many paid (Actually the highest rate was a little over 90%) that rate you fool?

Its called deductions to spur investment into other areas. When Kennedy cut the rates the rich exposed more of their income and receipts grew. There were 3 major recessions in the 1950's because of the high tax rate you idiot.

We're twenty trillion in debt. Where are all these trillionaires you're going to tax? Where is this money going to come from?

The only way to start going in the other direction is cutting spending. The American economy doesn't have the money to pay all of this off. Any tax raises on the rich, it will be a pittance with respect to paying off the debt, let alone funding new programs, absolutely and completely ineffectual. And that would just be more money being siphoned out of an already weak, slowly recovering economy.

They didn't spend money to make better products because there would be no point. You make better products to make more money but if you make more money you have to pay more taxes. They usually spend money on stuff like expensive real estate, cars for executives and such. Like I said it's clear that US corporations didn't spend much on improving their products and manufacturing equipment since foreign industries now have better products unlike before the massive tax hikes in the 60s.

Because the rich have loopholes and all this will do is hurt the middle class

This post is so wrong, I feel like I'd be talking to a brick wall if I cared to explain why it was so wrong.

there were major loopholes to that 80% tax

nobody actually paid it

>mfw there was a major thread on this very topic when the lolbertarians used to frequent Sup Forums several years ago

>no one needs a billion dollars

t. everyone that wants a billion dollars but doesnt have it

You'll still need a non-skilled slave class, though; people accepting low wages for unrewarding (but necessary) labor as found in areas like the service industry, farm hands, building engineers (janitors, etc.). During economic recession, they will the class most likely to need welfare, and you and some other better off pleb would look down on them and scoff regardless.

>come up with good idea with practical effect, create prototypes

>start company and hire bright minds that are interested in your idea

>product is wildly useful and sales are off the chart

>first guy makes more than others since if it was not for him no one would be here

>he-he's exploiting me

T.sent from windows computer

man that's one... hot dog

>Rich
>Nationalist

Yeah, dream on. The faggot that has enough money to fuck off to any exotic country and live his old years surrounded by everything he wants is NEVER nationalist.

>Windows computer

Ex-fucking-sactly.
Now before you go full sucking Bill Gates cock, lurk a bit on how fucking Jewish was microsoft.
Or ask people who were working in industry 20-30 years ago.

>Sup Forums is one person
>taxing the rich 80% is fair by everyone's standards
My outlook on life and politics isn't predicated on the notion that I hate people who are wealthier than me for being wealthier than me. I am neither that insecure nor focused on other people's success instead of mine. Find a rope, a stool, a high rafter, and do the right thing. And as always, OP is a faggot.

>defending the 'rights' of a 'corporate person'
Use the money or we will use it for you.

Yeah, you just are a good goy and prep them in the hope they will give you some money or won't ruin your rifle for couple extra shekels.

>rates
>was

Anyone who believes that people paid tax rates of 50% , 60%, 70%, 80% 90% in the 50's is a fucking idiot.

Theyd hire private armies or just gas you from their planes.

You'd still be a poor faggot

i'm not

>"Heh, you're a good goy for not wanting to strip people of wealth they earned."
>memeflag of ideology literally drafted and enforced by murderous Jews

>Only THOSE people are capable of handling large organizational entities

Sure. Let's just line up trust fund kids instead. Anyone under 40 who is worth more than a million dollars and can't explain how it was earned gets shot. We can burn the money at that point for better effect than letting them have it.

Tbf you're right though, since no one follows the law in the business world it'd be almost impossible to keep up the backalley and darkroom deals that perpetuate our fucked up economy.

Only retards care about the losers. Makes sense coming from that flag

>Bill Gates didn't exploit the economy, and the people inside it to shill inferior products to the masses.
>Bill Gates doesn't own shares in every form of technology, thus deriving income even when he doesn't do anything
>Bill Gates did something

May Jesus have mercy on your bootlicking soul.

Because the government MASSIVELY mismanaging money. They're infamous for it.

*MY TAX RATES WERE

ONE WORD

THUNDER COUGAR EFFECTIVE TAXRATE

>that image
Perfect summarization of communism and the niggers who champion it. Ty based Captain Canada.

I'm not.

You ARE a loser if you're on Sup Forums having to defend your faith in pigs with suits.

Your beliefs are based on economic fairy tales written by people who knew better. Though it makes your pic related I guess.

>this somehow effects me?
>I can't choose to buy Apple?

>Your beliefs are based on economic fairy tales
BREATHES IN

Bill Gates has owned a large percentage of Apple since the early 90s. Learn what you're talking about before being a fucking faggot every morning.

I love that leftist meme.
>"NO ONE NEEDS ['x' amount of money] DOLLARS"
1 billion dollars aren't meant to be spent on dragon dildos, guns to oppress the poor middle-upper class Californian proletariat or other frivolities.

1 billion dollars are useful for entrepreneurs who wish to create huge companies, to coordinate expensive R&D for new products, to create new stuff.

>we need a 80% tax rate
let's start with the clinton foundation then :3

this guy knows what's up

yeah having a tax rate that high is actually telling people to do outrageous jewish tricks

US spends more money on education per student than any other country in the world. What do we have to show for it? It's almost like the money isn't the problem. The same goes for many other government programs.

it is okay in those cases, i dont mind when people became rich, in fact i would like to, i just dont like how 99% rich were born this way... so your "they earned their money" argument is invalid

Better dead than a commie, and a lot more likely.

They're a justification for until now unimagined levels of greed and they're not true. And when you spout off it sounds like a 55 year old white collar cuck desperately afraid losing what he was given cause he was told he earned it.

Good luck making money though, you're not finding a decent woman based on personality or the capability of mind.

Because that jackass escalated the Cold War.

And? What the fuck does that matter?
That Gates made smart investments?
How is that hurting my paycheck? Look, if the guy's rich, capitalism works as intended. If you have no ambition in life except to enforce your collectivist bum ideology on people who don't want it and you're still broke, that also means capitalism works as intended, because you're a communist fucking loser. Why not sally off to Venezuela and spend a month there learning about your memeshit, then come back and tell me if you still support it, once you actually know what it means to go hungry for once in your life?

Cool so we arrest and jail commies again right?

Wew lad can't take a joke eh. No wonder communist utopias always looked so dreary

>I'm 30
>blue collar operations manager in Kansas City
>worked my way into position out of a homeless shelter, DID earn it
>fiancee at home
But your ad-homs and assumptions about my personal life sure make for a compelling argument.

>I don't know how the centralization of wealth and the elimination of competitive environments hurts me or incentivizes the fall of our economy

That's because you're a fucking retard. You're assuming I'm a communist because that makes you, again, feel better. But I'm not, you're just retarded. Masturbate alone, I'm not going to masturbate with you anymore.

Good day.

If you knew how tax brackets work you'd know that you're not losing 80% of your money. You're lose 60% of the money made after you'd already made a ludicrous pile of cash that year anyways.

>if you insult the current application of capitalism you're a commie

12 year olds shouldn't be on pol.

Good luck continuing to make money so your fiancee doesn't leave. You sound just stellar. Hopefully a bunch of bougie fucks don't shut down your plant/factory/warehouse and move it somewhere cheaper because its in their interests to stop paying you. You "earned" it bro.

>t. Karl Marx
Yes, let's demonize a system that's pulled half the world out of poverty in the last century, and champion another that murdered over 100 million people in the same timeframe.
I never told you to stop stroking my cock, plebbit spacer.

No this is what makes you a commie

>13% of the population (less than half that uses welfare) are the reason why we're trillions of dollars in debt!
>It's the reason why all of our infrastructure is crumbling!
>It's the reason why our public school system are so bad across the nation! Even in states that are >3% black
>Communism is great for a white society!
OBSESSED

Whites are the eternal enemies of Africans.

My fiancee slept in my car with me for two months, dude. I work for a family-owned local business. And we literally just moved to a cheaper location last month. Not only did I get to keep my job, but I got a promotion, a raise, an office, and a bonus. Since I'm not a parasite and do my job well, I'm not afraid of losing it anytime soon. My boss and I have had this discussion. You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, so since we're making assumptions about each other, I'm going to go ahead and take from what you're snarling is that you've never held a job higher than a Taco Bell drive-thru employee, let alone know what it's like enjoying comped sushi. But, like, fight the power, man.

and tax laws allowed them to pay 2% instead of the 80%

The u.s. would instantly default if that where implemented today.

During the 60s mist countries where still in the bronze age.

>half of which doesnt use it
Actually 2/3 of blacks are on it and make up roughly 40% of all welfare recipients.
11% of the united states budget is welfare.

>Spend the most per pupil in the world
Yet our schools still suck. It's like throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it.